Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 



Reply to topic  
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Alhadis
Madder Max

Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:35 am
Posts: 3598
Location: Melbourne, Australia
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:59 am 
 

By "nothing's programmed" I meant the guitar riffs. :p

But yes, you're welcome to post the evidence in this thread once it's done.
_________________
J_Ason wrote:
grinder12345 wrote:
And you says that metal is about the riffs, that is bollocks, cause then black and death bands wouldn't get accepted, cause the play termolo-riffs.

they payl termolo! not real riff!

Top
 Profile  
filippovsasha
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:07 am
Posts: 7
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:01 am 
 

Hey, you. What else you need to fuck? 5 tracks of all releases. 3 tracks in the style of dark ambient. the other two in the style of drone doom metal!
is in physical form! is the label!
Why do not you take a request, if half of ambient tracks, and half metal?

Top
 Profile  
filippovsasha
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:07 am
Posts: 7
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:04 am 
 

Write the address of the site sharing services.
I upload music.
you listen
and say it or not METAL METAL!

Top
 Profile  
Alhadis
Madder Max

Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:35 am
Posts: 3598
Location: Melbourne, Australia
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:50 am 
 

You don't need to upload anything, I heard all of Blackthrone's tracks quite clearly on their VKontakte page.

Now, a band needs one *fully* metallic release to qualify for acceptance on the 'archives. Two metal tracks out of three ambient tracks isn't going to be enough, especially given that the band's music is more ambient than metal in scope.

Total duration of metal tracks: 11 minutes
Total duration of ambient tracks: 49.5 minutes

So yeah, until your band releases one album that's predominantly metal (and hopefully a lot heavier than "Ihmisvihaaja" was, too), it's staying off this site.
_________________
J_Ason wrote:
grinder12345 wrote:
And you says that metal is about the riffs, that is bollocks, cause then black and death bands wouldn't get accepted, cause the play termolo-riffs.

they payl termolo! not real riff!

Top
 Profile  
Azmodes
Ultranaut

Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:44 am
Posts: 5903
Location: Gradec, Austria
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:57 am 
 

filippovsasha, posting about this again when you were already told that the current release is not acceptable is not a good idea. Give it a rest or we'll show you the door.
_________________
Quote:
One Too Many Camel was rejected on the basis that it was not metal.

Last.fm | Collection

Top
 Profile  
DreadlockMocio
Metal newbie

Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:05 pm
Posts: 49
Location: Italy
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:06 am 
 

Hi! in the past i submitted the band SinDRomE the first incarnation of Head Control System with Daniel Cardoso as the only member and it was rejected for physical release reasons. This band released an Ep in 2003 under the label Ins@ne Productions form Portugal, and unfortunately there no site on the internet because it is closed. But anyway you can read on every official or encyclopedic search that the EP was released under this label, an that's sure that it was physical because it was a label, and a digital release under a label have no sense (??). Here i post the search you can find everything about the EP released under Ins@ne Productions in the Discography section.
- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daniel_Cardoso
- http://www.myspace.com/mrdanielcardoso --> watch on the right

Top
 Profile  
Numerator_41
Metalhead

Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:06 am
Posts: 1126
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:36 pm 
 

Assuming they're metal enough, would a band with only one track on a split release with four other bands meet the requirements for having a physical release? They also released a full-length digitally, but as said, their only "real" release is the split.
_________________
SatanSmells wrote:
FUKK YOU WHO FUKKING KARES

Top
 Profile  
Alhadis
Madder Max

Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:35 am
Posts: 3598
Location: Melbourne, Australia
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:40 pm 
 

Yes.
_________________
J_Ason wrote:
grinder12345 wrote:
And you says that metal is about the riffs, that is bollocks, cause then black and death bands wouldn't get accepted, cause the play termolo-riffs.

they payl termolo! not real riff!

Top
 Profile  
Numerator_41
Metalhead

Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:06 am
Posts: 1126
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:04 pm 
 

Rad, thanks.
_________________
SatanSmells wrote:
FUKK YOU WHO FUKKING KARES

Top
 Profile  
WatersofAin
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:14 am
Posts: 4
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:47 pm 
 

Ok. Thanks Alhadis, for the time and the explanations.

Top
 Profile  
kluseba
Metal newbie

Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:36 am
Posts: 115
Location: Germany
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:58 pm 
 

In the last days, I was just about to discover the discography of Mari Hamada. As I wanted to go back to the site today, I've realized that the artist was deleted. I would like to know why? Her first and her most recent records are clearly metal influenced. It took quite some time to get her accepted on the site, people put up the whole discography and now somebody suddenly changed his mind and deleted the whole thing? I think administrators and moderators should look closely if a band is acceptable or not, even if it may take months. But once a band is accepted, it should stay there without any doubt, anything else is quite confusing.

Top
 Profile  
Azmodes
Ultranaut

Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:44 am
Posts: 5903
Location: Gradec, Austria
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:08 pm 
 

kluseba wrote:
In the last days, I was just about to discover the discography of Mari Hamada. As I wanted to go back to the site today, I've realized that the artist was deleted. I would like to know why? Her first and her most recent records are clearly metal influenced. It took quite some time to get her accepted on the site, people put up the whole discography and now somebody suddenly changed his mind and deleted the whole thing? I think administrators and moderators should look closely if a band is acceptable or not, even if it may take months. But once a band is accepted, it should stay there without any doubt, anything else is quite confusing.

Yeah, that was handled less than ideally. It was initially approved by one moderator alone, with the reasoning that the newest was metal enough. However, an artist with such a huge discography (and a non-metal one at that) should have gotten far more staff scrutiny than one mod. It was later re-evaluated by other staffers (myself and Morrigan included) and the decision was reached that the album was not metal enough considering the discography as a whole. The keyword is "metal-influenced". I know this is frustrating for people who take their time updating the huge discography and such. We normally try to avoid these things, of course. Sorry.

But just so you know, while bands should naturally be considered carefully, there is no set-in-stone rule that after approval the respective band has to remain in the database forever. We reserve the right of re-reviewing and deleting each and every band.
_________________
Quote:
One Too Many Camel was rejected on the basis that it was not metal.

Last.fm | Collection

Top
 Profile  
Morrigan
Crone of War

Joined: Sat Aug 10, 2002 7:27 am
Posts: 9618
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:25 pm 
 

kluseba wrote:
In the last days, I was just about to discover the discography of Mari Hamada. As I wanted to go back to the site today, I've realized that the artist was deleted. I would like to know why? Her first and her most recent records are clearly metal influenced.

Seems like you answered your own question right there.

Also, the metal influence is minimal at best. She's very, very much a rock artist, lighter than Evanescence.

Quote:
It took quite some time to get her accepted on the site, people put up the whole discography and now somebody suddenly changed his mind and deleted the whole thing? I think administrators and moderators should look closely if a band is acceptable or not, even if it may take months. But once a band is accepted, it should stay there without any doubt, anything else is quite confusing.

lol no, that's just stupid. Any time a mod makes a mistake, the irrelevant band has to stay there forever because oh no, you'll be "confused"? I think not. There's nothing to be confused about, bands get accepted by mistake sometimes, and those mistakes get rectified later. Anyone who adds information to the site should know by now, that this information may be deleted later, especially for bands that one ought to realize is borderline at best (in this case, assuming the users listen to the music of the bands they edit, they should have realized the band isn't even borderline, really, they added the info at their own risks). Of course in this case, it IS a bit of a shame since a mod really did screw up in accepting them (unlike for borderline bands where mods disagree and a later consensus removes them, this was a case of a mod who later admitted he screwed up), but it happens fairly rarely that a band with a huge discography gets deleted. Hey, at least you get to keep your points! ;)
_________________
Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
you can debate the actual date that metal began, but a fairly agreed upon date is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old
Extreme_violence wrote:
Why Iron maiden is there? It's very far to be metal than a lot of some metal band.

Top
 Profile  
TimmeMusth
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:16 am
Posts: 2
Location: Belgium
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:27 pm 
 

You can find our first album on our bandcamp. http://Www.Musthcore.bandcamp.com

We were rejected for being too postrock/hardcore... Frankly, I think you should be able to hear metal in our music as well. Our main influences are all in the archives: Neurosis, Cult Of Luna, Isis,... Those bands play what we play, so please have another listen to what we do and please reconsider your decision...

Top
 Profile  
Metantoine
The XVI, dominar to over 258714 subjects

Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:00 pm
Posts: 8772
Location: Québec
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:07 am 
 

I think the band is metal enough, I'll talk to the other mods about it. No promises though :)
_________________
Metantoine's Magickal Realm
Last.fm
Halberd (doom/death)

Top
 Profile  
deplo
Metal newbie

Joined: Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:36 pm
Posts: 103
Location: Lebanon
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:28 am 
 

deplo wrote:
I tried to add the project "Сердце-Камень" which is a solo-project of ex-Alkonost's frontman, vocalist, bassist, songwriter and poet.

The project was rejected because of a lack of physical proof, however I've also added that this split EP was released through a well-reputated Russian label which is SoundAge, here's the link where you can order this split EP for 150p, so it can't be an online release!

http://soundage.org/shop/goods.php?razd ... 62&id=3467

On a side note, the project released 1 non-metal song before, so for metalness, kindly judge the first proper release which is a split EP side, since one cannot add a split release for yet-to-be accepted bands!


Anyone?

Top
 Profile  
Fulgurius
Metalhead

Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:51 am
Posts: 1068
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:52 am 
 

deplo wrote:
deplo wrote:
I tried to add the project "Сердце-Камень" which is a solo-project of ex-Alkonost's frontman, vocalist, bassist, songwriter and poet.

The project was rejected because of a lack of physical proof, however I've also added that this split EP was released through a well-reputated Russian label which is SoundAge, here's the link where you can order this split EP for 150p, so it can't be an online release!

http://soundage.org/shop/goods.php?razd ... 62&id=3467

On a side note, the project released 1 non-metal song before, so for metalness, kindly judge the first proper release which is a split EP side, since one cannot add a split release for yet-to-be accepted bands!


Anyone?

Resubmit.

Top
 Profile  
deplo
Metal newbie

Joined: Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:36 pm
Posts: 103
Location: Lebanon
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:27 am 
 

Fulgurius wrote:
Resubmit.


Done, Thanks.

Top
 Profile  
TimmeMusth
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:16 am
Posts: 2
Location: Belgium
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:16 am 
 

Metantoine wrote:
I think the band is metal enough, I'll talk to the other mods about it. No promises though :)




Thanks a lot!!! :)

Top
 Profile  
Metantoine
The XVI, dominar to over 258714 subjects

Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:00 pm
Posts: 8772
Location: Québec
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:29 pm 
 

You can resubmit the band :)
_________________
Metantoine's Magickal Realm
Last.fm
Halberd (doom/death)

Top
 Profile  
Morrigan
Crone of War

Joined: Sat Aug 10, 2002 7:27 am
Posts: 9618
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:37 pm 
 

Can't you just restore it?

Edit: nevermind, bad idea, he won't get points that way. I'll add them manually, sorry, forgot about that. ^^
_________________
Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
you can debate the actual date that metal began, but a fairly agreed upon date is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old
Extreme_violence wrote:
Why Iron maiden is there? It's very far to be metal than a lot of some metal band.

Top
 Profile  
Metantoine
The XVI, dominar to over 258714 subjects

Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:00 pm
Posts: 8772
Location: Québec
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:40 pm 
 

Sure.
_________________
Metantoine's Magickal Realm
Last.fm
Halberd (doom/death)

Top
 Profile  
Azmodes
Ultranaut

Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:44 am
Posts: 5903
Location: Gradec, Austria
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:06 pm 
 

And here they are. Sorry 'bout that, I was hasty/wrong rejecting them. It's acceptable post-metal.
_________________
Quote:
One Too Many Camel was rejected on the basis that it was not metal.

Last.fm | Collection

Top
 Profile  
abstractnihil
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:55 pm
Posts: 1
Location: Indonesia
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:13 pm 
 

hello, why I closed on this network, but the band I've upload songs for promotion here, is just a special band had an album or all songs have one origin.

[url]
http://www.mediafire.com/?sipdcb96gzqxhup[/url]

http://www.4shared.com/mp3/PveG2Ueq/ABS ... v_Dis.html

Top
 Profile  
MetalCuresHeadaches
Metalhead

Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:35 pm
Posts: 599
Location: United States
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:33 pm 
 

It looks like it's that time again. I'd like to bring Demon Hunter up again with their latest album, True Defiance. It's predominately metalcore, as opposed to the alt./nu metal they usually play, but they dabble in some (admitedy minimal) groove, thrash and death here and there with this album.

Full Album for listening:
1. Crucifix (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmifyDAcN6A)
2. God Forsaken (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPfL7Id90og)
3. My Destiny (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HGKNrAYnQI)
4. Wake (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WBueHq8w4Q)
5. Tomorrow Never Comes (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CF3DGGY8l_4)
6. Someone to Hate (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYwEEL7IwCk)
7. This I Know (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdLTIEAvp5c)
8. Means to an End (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzYu6a2E02A)
9. We Don't Care (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9LGTYmKxPg)
10. Resistance (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMhNuqdUBoE)
11. Dead Flowers (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31UV1lH1phs)
12. What is Left (Bonus Track) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81LseY89j9A)
13. I am a Stone (Bonus Track) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCl1fDOUpvQ)
_________________
One part the Führer, one part the Pope

inhumanist wrote:
"Fuck you, little Omar. Your school got reduced to rubble by an IDF missile, but Allah still gives you hope you say? Well that's just because you've never played Grand Theft Auto you little shit."

Top
 Profile  
suprex devour
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:13 am
Posts: 3
Location: Indonesia
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:24 am 
 

I wanted to ask. Why my band named DEVOURMITY to blacklist and can't enter in the metal archives? if I make a mistake?

Top
 Profile  
Metantoine
The XVI, dominar to over 258714 subjects

Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:00 pm
Posts: 8772
Location: Québec
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:32 am 
 

In the blacklist: "Keeps resubmitting without any proof".

Do you understand our rules? We need music samples and a proof of physical release.
_________________
Metantoine's Magickal Realm
Last.fm
Halberd (doom/death)

Top
 Profile  
Azmodes
Ultranaut

Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:44 am
Posts: 5903
Location: Gradec, Austria
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:06 am 
 

abstractnihil wrote:
hello, why I closed on this network, but the band I've upload songs for promotion here, is just a special band had an album or all songs have one origin.

[url]
http://www.mediafire.com/?sipdcb96gzqxhup[/url]

http://www.4shared.com/mp3/PveG2Ueq/ABS ... v_Dis.html

The band has been blacklisted because you kept submitting without providing evidence for a physical release. Is that album you speak of download-only or also available on CD, tape, etc...? If the latter, then you need to show us proof (preferably a photo of a couple of copies).
_________________
Quote:
One Too Many Camel was rejected on the basis that it was not metal.

Last.fm | Collection

Top
 Profile  
Alhadis
Madder Max

Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:35 am
Posts: 3598
Location: Melbourne, Australia
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:46 am 
 

abstractnihil wrote:
hello, why I closed on this network, but the band I've upload songs for promotion here, is just a special band had an album or all songs have one origin.

Honestly, I can't believe you're still trying even after I told you - VERY clearly, what you needed to show in order for your band to be accepted. Here's the rejection message again:

Alhadis wrote:
You need to show that your band has something physical. You can prove it by including evidence like this:
Example 1
Example 2

Unless you're able to supply this type of proof, we'll have to assume all your band's releases are simply digital files (which don't qualify as "releases" by the site's standards).

What could you possibly not understand about that? You kept resubmitting without showing ANY evidence.

In fact, you were also warned that if you tried resubmitting a third time, your band would be blacklisted (as it is now). And what did you do? You went ahead and resubmitted YET ONE MORE TIME. How stupid are you?

IF YOUR BAND HASN'T RELEASED ANYTHING PHYSICAL, PLEASE STOP TRYING TO SUBMIT.
_________________
J_Ason wrote:
grinder12345 wrote:
And you says that metal is about the riffs, that is bollocks, cause then black and death bands wouldn't get accepted, cause the play termolo-riffs.

they payl termolo! not real riff!

Top
 Profile  
Morrigan
Crone of War

Joined: Sat Aug 10, 2002 7:27 am
Posts: 9618
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:50 pm 
 

I truly wonder how much of an impact a language barrier might have on some of our users. As you said, the instructions are as clear, detailed and thorough as can be, yet they are routinely ignored. Do people's eyes just glaze over the big orange warnings as their fingers hover on the "resubmit" button, or do they really read the messages carefully but just can't fully comprehend their contents, and if so, is it caused by a lack of English understanding or just simple stupidity? :scratch:
_________________
Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
you can debate the actual date that metal began, but a fairly agreed upon date is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old
Extreme_violence wrote:
Why Iron maiden is there? It's very far to be metal than a lot of some metal band.

Top
 Profile  
DreadlockMocio
Metal newbie

Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:05 pm
Posts: 49
Location: Italy
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:42 am 
 

Hi! i would like to ask something about a band that have all the requiers for beign here, because it is a side project of a very important metal musician that released some albums on Ereach Records. I'm talking about Scorn a side project of Mick Harris from Napalm Death, following the side-project rule the band is ok, but the music is trip hop/dubstep, completely out of metal.. that's true that there are a lot of ambient bands, but i was not sure about submitting this, because on the archives there are no bands completely electronic and i don't know if it's because a metal musician never played in an electronic side-project, or because electronic is banned. Tell me if this band can be ok. Thanks

Top
 Profile  
Alhadis
Madder Max

Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:35 am
Posts: 3598
Location: Melbourne, Australia
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:05 am 
 

:facepalm: Okay, first of all, let me start by saying I personally loathe the side-project rule, and if I ever completed that half-finished time machine sitting in the garage, I'd travel back to whatever interval a mod suggested this would be a good idea and kick 'im in the balls (or gently, if it's a higher power. ;))

A non-metal side-project is only relevant to a METAL encyclopaedia if it was founded in tandem with the metal scene. Now, Scorn was started when Napalm Death were forging the first stones of the grindcore road. This was back when they were more punk-based than metal based, and hell, it wasn't until the mid-90s that Napalm Death started heading in a metallic direction. Which, of course, was long after Mick Harris had already started Scorn.

So in short, if Scorn was a side-project created in tandem with any scene in particular, it would be the grindcore/hardcore scene of the time.

*sighs* To everybody else - if there's a well-known, pretty damn major band like Scorn that's existed for 20 odd years of so, chances are, it would've already made it onto this encyclopaedia by now if it fulfilled the criteria of the side-project rules. Please stop bringing them up. :ugh:
_________________
J_Ason wrote:
grinder12345 wrote:
And you says that metal is about the riffs, that is bollocks, cause then black and death bands wouldn't get accepted, cause the play termolo-riffs.

they payl termolo! not real riff!

Top
 Profile  
Dr_Keloid
Metal newbie

Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2005 5:10 pm
Posts: 87
Location: United Kingdom
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:29 am 
 

Alhadis wrote:
it wasn't until the mid-90s that Napalm Death started heading in a metallic direction.

Sure they were already deathly-sounding on Harmony Corruption.

Top
 Profile  
Alhadis
Madder Max

Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:35 am
Posts: 3598
Location: Melbourne, Australia
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:55 am 
 

Perhaps I should've clarified what I meant; I meant in terms of the scene they were associated with.
_________________
J_Ason wrote:
grinder12345 wrote:
And you says that metal is about the riffs, that is bollocks, cause then black and death bands wouldn't get accepted, cause the play termolo-riffs.

they payl termolo! not real riff!

Top
 Profile  
charan
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:27 am
Posts: 2
Location: India
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:12 pm 
 

hey i want to resumit the band, the site was really slow thot the info was not getting uploaded thats y i did it 2 times

Top
 Profile  
Metantoine
The XVI, dominar to over 258714 subjects

Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:00 pm
Posts: 8772
Location: Québec
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:15 pm 
 

I sadly don't know what you're talking about. What's the band you want to resubmit?
_________________
Metantoine's Magickal Realm
Last.fm
Halberd (doom/death)

Top
 Profile  
Turner
Metalhead

Joined: Fri Aug 23, 2002 2:04 am
Posts: 1216
Location: Germany
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:08 am 
 

Hi, I have a question regarding the blacklisting of Australian band Germ (there are 2-3 posts in this thread already about it, but due perhaps to terrible English they weren't very clear questions and as a result there are no answers):

The band itself isn't a side-project, it's the guy's main project -the guy was in Austere as well but that band has since broken up. Germ's music is depressive black metal with post-rock and trance influences, of all things (falling 100% under the 'metal' umbrella though). He currently has 2 physical releases out on German label Eisenwald, and I've linked to them just for posterity:

http://www.eisenton.de/shop/sites/ger/c ... =0#det5533
and
http://www.eisenton.de/shop/sites/ger/c ... =0#det5980

So yeah - I read over the thread rules and I'm fairly sure that this band should meet requirements. Shame previous posters couldn't muster up the English needed to ask in any sensible form.

Top
 Profile  
Alhadis
Madder Max

Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:35 am
Posts: 3598
Location: Melbourne, Australia
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:19 am 
 

Turner wrote:
Germ's music is depressive black metal with post-rock and trance influences, of all things (falling 100% under the 'metal' umbrella though).

Yeah, erh, about that... the music is, to my ears, sufficiently metallic enough (I listened to the full release), but it was previously blacklisted by another moderator. So given the band was already evaluated and decided upon by the staff, you'll need to wait until the band releases a decidedly more metal release.
_________________
J_Ason wrote:
grinder12345 wrote:
And you says that metal is about the riffs, that is bollocks, cause then black and death bands wouldn't get accepted, cause the play termolo-riffs.

they payl termolo! not real riff!

Top
 Profile  
BabySchraiberJesus
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Fri Aug 15, 2003 5:29 am
Posts: 27
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:08 am 
 

I just submitted Eviscerate (US), a death metal band from Santa Cruz, CA. They were rejected because of lack of evidence of a physical release. I am attaching some pictures here of their demo, which I picked up recently. Front and back.

Image

Image

Top
 Profile  
Porman
Sweek Souvlaki Muncher

Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2005 5:00 pm
Posts: 1531
Location: Sweden
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:13 pm 
 

Re-submit!
_________________
http://www.phidion.st
http://phidion.bandcamp.com
http://www.facebook.com/Phidion

Top
 Profile  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160 ... 293  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

Back to the Encyclopaedia Metallum


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group