Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 



Reply to topic  
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Witcher
Metal freak

Joined: Wed Aug 18, 2004 8:27 am
Posts: 6077
Location: Czech Republic
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 5:29 am 
 

Tonatiuth wrote:
Njord (swe) was rejected because this:

Either there is a lack of information, or this band has no apparent discography. Please see rule #7. If this band has indeed released anything and you can show us proof, you can resubmit it again.

Here is their studio album:
http://www.amazon.de/Mot-himlen-Njord/dp/B001VGKS4U

also they has some demos and singles

And songsamples?

Top
 Profile  
Tonatiuth
Metal newbie

Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:24 am
Posts: 125
Location: Mexico
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 6:09 am 
 

There are a lot in youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ze8oXmjPS78
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6g1uaDrsqA

Top
 Profile  
Witcher
Metal freak

Joined: Wed Aug 18, 2004 8:27 am
Posts: 6077
Location: Czech Republic
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 6:11 am 
 

Tonatiuth wrote:

O.K., not metal, punk with folk melodies.

Top
 Profile  
waytowostok
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:48 pm
Posts: 21
Location: Germany
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 7:29 am 
 

Hey, why the hell was the Flower Travellin' Band deleted? They've been in here for years!
I can't see how they could be not-metal either.

Top
 Profile  
Witcher
Metal freak

Joined: Wed Aug 18, 2004 8:27 am
Posts: 6077
Location: Czech Republic
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 7:35 am 
 

waytowostok wrote:
Hey, why the hell was the Flower Travellin' Band deleted? They've been in here for years!
I can't see how they could be not-metal either.


http://www.metal-archives.com/board/vie ... 1&start=40
That a band is here for years means nothing.

We can see very well why the band is not metal, if you do not, your problem.
And one more thing - shouting and drama creating is not wanted here and can be a reason for a ban, in extreme cases. Read the first post in this thread.

Top
 Profile  
waytowostok
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:48 pm
Posts: 21
Location: Germany
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 7:40 am 
 

Damn. I feel like I should be angry about that, but for some reason I don't care enough.

Meh, they feel metal to me ...

Top
 Profile  
Phuling
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2006 3:25 pm
Posts: 13
Location: Sweden
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 12:56 pm 
 

I have a question about the Danish death metal band By The Patient, which were automatically rejected. I'm pretty sure it wasn't for not being metal, but for a non-obvious discography perhaps.
They released an EP called "Catenation of Adversity" in 2009, now out of print and only available for download on itunes, but previously available for 4€.
The Danish metal mag Metalized refers to it as available for purchase in their review; http://c3.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/imag ... af7566.jpg
And according to the band's blog the EP is out of print as of March 2nd 2010; http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuse ... =530186294

http://www.myspace.com/bythepatientdk

Oh well, just wondering if I should re-submit the band or not.

Top
 Profile  
Witcher
Metal freak

Joined: Wed Aug 18, 2004 8:27 am
Posts: 6077
Location: Czech Republic
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 1:03 pm 
 

Phuling wrote:
I have a question about the Danish death metal band By The Patient, which were automatically rejected. I'm pretty sure it wasn't for not being metal, but for a non-obvious discography perhaps.
They released an EP called "Catenation of Adversity" in 2009, now out of print and only available for download on itunes, but previously available for 4€.
The Danish metal mag Metalized refers to it as available for purchase in their review; http://c3.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/imag ... af7566.jpg
And according to the band's blog the EP is out of print as of March 2nd 2010; http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuse ... =530186294

http://www.myspace.com/bythepatientdk

Oh well, just wondering if I should re-submit the band or not.

Resubmit.

Top
 Profile  
Witcher
Metal freak

Joined: Wed Aug 18, 2004 8:27 am
Posts: 6077
Location: Czech Republic
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 1:39 pm 
 

I have deleted Jerusalem (Gbr).
Based upon listening to the debut, it has the same problem as Flower Travellin Band : one song with Sabbath moments "Primitive Man", but the rest is psychedelic hard rock.

Top
 Profile  
Goatfangs
Wicker Mantis

Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:02 pm
Posts: 2175
Location: United States
PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 12:29 am 
 

Throdl should not have been deleted. First, there is simply no evidence available on the internet (yet) to prove that all of their releases aren't metal enough.

Second, I did a search for them (restrict to this forum and return as posts) and found something interesting.

Witcher on April 24, 2010 wrote:
Throdl - too much experimental - core based.


Based on what? I never really thought of them as experimental, perhaps a bit progressive. As for core? Not like modern metalcore, more like Shadows Fall and God Forbid with the thrash metal elements (and some throwbacks to even older stuff).

Witcher on August 28, 2007 wrote:
They were accepted because of their second album, which is groove metal based metalcore. The first is more modern hardcore than metal. Solos alone do not make a band metal.


So, why the change in opinion? I know it's been almost 3 years since that post and the sites policies have changed a bit, but my opinion is that Throdl is still metal enough for MA despite the difference between then and now.

Were both their first and second albums listened to through and through and determined to not be metal? I cannot find any online source of music from both albums aside from 30 second samples on cdbaby. I am going to guess not and seek to resolve this oversight by uploading all 3 of their albums in reverse chronological order. Only after that, and either they are re-added or still not determined to be metal enough, will I be satisfied that they have been fairly judged.

There are full songs on their Myspace, but it is still not enough to take them off the site. http://www.myspace.com/throdl

The song "Brand New Rome" is from their first full length "Bullet Shy of Freedom" and to me this sounds more like a thrash metal song, than some experimental metalcore track.

"Flinch", "Saboteur", "53 Weeks" and "Throat Bled Well" are from their second album "This is Freedom's Obituary"

"Ruthless", "N.E.W. A.I.J." and "Measure of a Man" are from their latest album "No Honour in Exile" which was just released today. Aside from metalcore, I hear sludge (Ruthless), thrash metal and melodic death metal (with the tremolo pickings) - the melodic death metal influences on this album are even more noticeable than their last (which is strongest in Throat Bled Well).

I want moderators' opinions on the three songs from No Honour in Exile. Preferably from more than one moderator. Based on that I'll decide if it would be worth trying to upload their albums for examination starting with No Honour in Exile and ending with A Bullet Shy of Freedom.
_________________
And they'll tell you black is really white - The moon is just the sun at night - And when you walk in golden halls - You get to keep the gold that falls - It's Heaven and Hell

7|10|42-RIP-5|16|10

Top
 Profile  
Witcher
Metal freak

Joined: Wed Aug 18, 2004 8:27 am
Posts: 6077
Location: Czech Republic
PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 1:18 am 
 

The samples were enough for me.
But if you want more opinions. upload an album that you consider to be consistently metal and more moderators will give you their opinion.
Instead of metalcore, you can consider their style nu-metal influenced too - another reason.
For me, the songs like :N.E.W. A.J. are unaceptable metalcore through and through.


Brand New Rome is examplary nu-metal song with "jump the fuck up" parts and semi-rapped vocals, combined with alternative style melodic singing.

Change of opinion can occur every time, the bands can be re-evaluted every time.
I have explained my decision, if you cannot live with it, get more opinions.

Top
 Profile  
Goatfangs
Wicker Mantis

Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:02 pm
Posts: 2175
Location: United States
PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 2:13 am 
 

Witcher wrote:
The samples were enough for me.
But if you want more opinions. upload an album that you consider to be consistently metal and more moderators will give you their opinion.
Instead of metalcore, you can consider their style nu-metal influenced too - another reason.
For me, the songs like :N.E.W. A.J. are unaceptable metalcore through and through.


Brand New Rome is examplary nu-metal song with "jump the fuck up" parts and semi-rapped vocals, combined with alternative style melodic singing.

Change of opinion can occur every time, the bands can be re-evaluted every time.
I have explained my decision, if you cannot live with it, get more opinions.


I disagree with the nu-metal assertion, although I kinda see where you are coming from. Maybe so in their earlier days but not quite recently except for clean vocals and sometimes palm-muted/syncopated groove metal riffs. No rapped vocals, at least what I am familiar with them (Do note, that since my last post I listened to some of their first album, it's not metal enough for this site, even Brand New Rome is less thrash than what I remember. I'm going by a recent experience of their live show, if they rerecorded the Brand New Rome song it'd be more thrash with metalcore than having any nu-metal) For the first two albums, I'll take your word for it, but I'll upload their third album sometime tomorrow if I get around to it. Still, another mod's opinions on the three tracks on their Myspace would be helpful, if many see those as not metal enough for MA, I doubt the rest of the album would be any more convincing.

Witcher's opinion on those three songs are basically 33% not-metal-enough, but that's because he only explicitly gave his opinion on one of those songs.

Throdl is no easy band to classify. I don't think there is any easily pigeon-holed band that exists on DRP records.
_________________
And they'll tell you black is really white - The moon is just the sun at night - And when you walk in golden halls - You get to keep the gold that falls - It's Heaven and Hell

7|10|42-RIP-5|16|10

Top
 Profile  
cob88jor
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:51 am
Posts: 3
Location: Jordan
PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 1:24 pm 
 

why did you delete the band dragonrider from your site ?? .. i read the rules and the 1st post .. and i don't see a reason to remove it .. !!

Top
 Profile  
Witcher
Metal freak

Joined: Wed Aug 18, 2004 8:27 am
Posts: 6077
Location: Czech Republic
PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 1:33 pm 
 

cob88jor wrote:
why did you delete the band dragonrider from your site ?? .. i read the rules and the 1st post .. and i don't see a reason to remove it .. !!

No proof pf physical release.

Top
 Profile  
atanamar
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:49 am
Posts: 3
Location: United States of America
PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 3:17 pm 
 

Hi, I submitted a band entry this morning that was rejected because "band has no apparent discography." Their latest album, "Old, Blackened Century" was in fact released via Bandcamp.com through a "pay what you want" download," so you are correct that there is no physical CD release for this album yet.

However, their debut EP, "Abigail," is in fact available in physical CD format. I know this because I bought it from them at one of their shows.

I've posted pictures of the physical CD I bought here:
http://picasaweb.google.com/AtanamarSun ... directlink

Please let me know if this is sufficient proof of a physical CD release.

Thanks, I appreciate it,
Atanamar

Top
 Profile  
Witcher
Metal freak

Joined: Wed Aug 18, 2004 8:27 am
Posts: 6077
Location: Czech Republic
PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 3:20 pm 
 

atanamar wrote:
Hi, I submitted a band entry this morning that was rejected because "band has no apparent discography." Their latest album, "Old, Blackened Century" was in fact released via Bandcamp.com through a "pay what you want" download," so you are correct that there is no physical CD release for this album yet.

However, their debut EP, "Abigail," is in fact available in physical CD format. I know this because I bought it from them at one of their shows.

I've posted pictures of the physical CD I bought here:
http://picasaweb.google.com/AtanamarSun ... directlink

Please let me know if this is sufficient proof of a physical CD release.

Thanks, I appreciate it,
Atanamar

Resubmit.

Top
 Profile  
atanamar
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:49 am
Posts: 3
Location: United States of America
PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 4:52 pm 
 

Hi, I resubmitted this band, as you requested (in the last response), and it was rejected again for the same reason, "this band has no apparent discography." Is there anything I can do to remedy this?

Many thanks,
-Atanamar

Top
 Profile  
Fanfarigoule
Hypermiler

Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2004 11:59 am
Posts: 3292
Location: Marseille, France
PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 4:59 pm 
 

Did you submit your pics?

Top
 Profile  
atanamar
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:49 am
Posts: 3
Location: United States of America
PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 5:07 pm 
 

Should I post them there along with the discography entry for that particular EP? Sorry, that wasn't completely clear. If so, I'll go ahead and submit a picture with it.

Thanks again,
Atanamar

Top
 Profile  
Fanfarigoule
Hypermiler

Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2004 11:59 am
Posts: 3292
Location: Marseille, France
PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 5:16 pm 
 

Yes, you have to submit the proof in your submission because there are several mods working on the queue and they don't necessarily check this thread.

Top
 Profile  
OddingSquad
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:24 pm
Posts: 2
PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 6:06 pm 
 

I was wondering why Scale The Summit were deleted, seeing as there is physical proof of at least two albums, there is very little doubt to their metalness and it is not a sideproject?

Top
 Profile  
gravesideservice
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Mon Aug 28, 2006 11:11 pm
Posts: 15
Location: United States
PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 6:08 pm 
 

Why was GraveSideService removed . 2 full length albums were listed . today our listed has vanished . GraveSideService was thanked on the Xasthur , "All Reflections Drained " album . Our Drummer did the album artwork for Xasthur , Portal of Sorrow . We are all featured on a New England black metal compilation album being released by the members of the band Darkwor , which is listed on this site . We have a 3rd release set to be finished in late june .

here are links to our myspace and you tube material :

http://www.youtube.com/user/GRAVESIDESERVICE666

http://www.myspace.com/gravesideservice

Top
 Profile  
Fanfarigoule
Hypermiler

Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2004 11:59 am
Posts: 3292
Location: Marseille, France
PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 6:19 pm 
 

OddingSquad wrote:
I was wondering why Scale The Summit were deleted, seeing as there is physical proof of at least two albums, there is very little doubt to their metalness and it is not a sideproject?

Search function.

Top
 Profile  
cob88jor
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:51 am
Posts: 3
Location: Jordan
PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 11:37 pm 
 

Witcher wrote:
cob88jor wrote:
why did you delete the band dragonrider from your site ?? .. i read the rules and the 1st post .. and i don't see a reason to remove it .. !!

No proof pf physical release.


here is the proof :
http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/8312/24186158.jpg

Top
 Profile  
Witcher
Metal freak

Joined: Wed Aug 18, 2004 8:27 am
Posts: 6077
Location: Czech Republic
PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 12:54 am 
 

cob88jor wrote:
Witcher wrote:
cob88jor wrote:
why did you delete the band dragonrider from your site ?? .. i read the rules and the 1st post .. and i don't see a reason to remove it .. !!

No proof pf physical release.


here is the proof :
http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/8312/24186158.jpg

Excellent, that is what I wanted to see. Resubmit and include the link of the image in the additional notes.

Top
 Profile  
Witcher
Metal freak

Joined: Wed Aug 18, 2004 8:27 am
Posts: 6077
Location: Czech Republic
PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 12:57 am 
 

gravesideservice wrote:
Why was GraveSideService removed . 2 full length albums were listed . today our listed has vanished . GraveSideService was thanked on the Xasthur , "All Reflections Drained " album . Our Drummer did the album artwork for Xasthur , Portal of Sorrow . We are all featured on a New England black metal compilation album being released by the members of the band Darkwor , which is listed on this site . We have a 3rd release set to be finished in late june .

here are links to our myspace and you tube material :

http://www.youtube.com/user/GRAVESIDESERVICE666

http://www.myspace.com/gravesideservice

No guitars. Sorry, but to be metal, to use real guitars is a must.
Your friedship with Xasthur has no relation to the two main criteria for cceptance, which are explained in the first post in this thread.

Unless you will start to use real guitars in the future, your band will stay out.

Top
 Profile  
Bolth_Mannn
Metalhead

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:19 am
Posts: 966
Location: Australia
PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 2:01 am 
 

So if a band isn't advertising or selling a demo they may have, but you send them a messege, and they send you a physical copy, can this band be accepted to the archives, or does there need to be some sort of advertisement from the band stating it is actually for sale?
_________________
If anyone from Gold Coast, Australia reads this, please send me a messege. Looking to meet some metalheads in the one place in Australia that seems to have no scene.

Top
 Profile  
Witcher
Metal freak

Joined: Wed Aug 18, 2004 8:27 am
Posts: 6077
Location: Czech Republic
PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 2:04 am 
 

Bolth_Mannn wrote:
So if a band isn't advertising or selling a demo they may have, but you send them a messege, and they send you a physical copy, can this band be accepted to the archives, or does there need to be some sort of advertisement from the band stating it is actually for sale?

No, the advertisement is not always neede, but thdemo must look convincing.
See the first post in this thread.
Anyway, this thread should not be used for theoretical rules explanation, but for explanation, why a certain band was ALREADY rejected.

Top
 Profile  
BlackMetalGirl
Metal newbie

Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2003 9:10 am
Posts: 213
Location: Italy
PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 7:08 am 
 

Hi guys, for sure i missed the discussion, but please explain me why the Rhapsody and Rhapsody of Fire pages merged into one. In my opinion is a clear example of "changed name" band the two bands should have two different pages!

Greetings,
Erika!

Top
 Profile  
Fanfarigoule
Hypermiler

Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2004 11:59 am
Posts: 3292
Location: Marseille, France
PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 7:11 am 
 

Rule #9 has changed. The name change must be significant which is not the case for Rhapsody.
There is a thread on the first page of the forum:
http://metal-archives.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=65743

Top
 Profile  
BlackMetalGirl
Metal newbie

Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2003 9:10 am
Posts: 213
Location: Italy
PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 7:25 am 
 

Undetstood! Thanx!!!

Top
 Profile  
AK81
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:41 am
Posts: 4
Location: Netherlands
PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 11:15 am 
 

Hey!

why can't i add our band to the archive?

sure they are "metal enough"

but with several releases in ten years time, and similar in style as bands like Cock and ball torture and ahumado granujo, wich ARE listed. I think stoma has the right to be added to the archive without a doubt.


grrrtz

AxKx

Top
 Profile  
Witcher
Metal freak

Joined: Wed Aug 18, 2004 8:27 am
Posts: 6077
Location: Czech Republic
PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 11:25 am 
 

AK81 wrote:
Hey!

why can't i add our band to the archive?

sure they are "metal enough"

but with several releases in ten years time, and similar in style as bands like Cock and ball torture and ahumado granujo, wich ARE listed. I think stoma has the right to be added to the archive without a doubt.


grrrtz

AxKx

They are not metal enough. They are grindcore, that is not enough death metal basded and pretty punkish at times. So it was rejected.
Read the rules on grindcore here:
http://www.metal-archives.com/guidelines.php

Top
 Profile  
AK81
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:41 am
Posts: 4
Location: Netherlands
PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 11:54 am 
 

alright then.

are you going to delete

Cock and ball torture
Ahumado granujo
Haemorrhage
Intense hammer rage

etcetera?

since they are also grindcore and not even remotely resembling napalm death or carcass?

Top
 Profile  
AK81
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:41 am
Posts: 4
Location: Netherlands
PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 11:56 am 
 

and we are definitly not punkish.

we even have napalm death and carcass covers actually. only thing you could count as remotely punkish would be the extreme noise terror cover.

but since they are also in the encyclopaedia that would not be a problem.

you should do more research.

Top
 Profile  
Witcher
Metal freak

Joined: Wed Aug 18, 2004 8:27 am
Posts: 6077
Location: Czech Republic
PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 11:57 am 
 

AK81 wrote:
and we are definitly not punkish.

we even have napalm death and carcass covers actually. only thing you could count as remotely punkish would be the extreme noise terror cover.

but since they are also in the encyclopaedia that would not be a problem.

you should do more research.

No, the decision is final. Read the first post in this thread.
It is you who should do more research on our rules.
Also work on your reading comprehension. It says that the band must be death metal based, Napalm Death is there only as an example.
Cock and Ball Torture have one full death metal album in 204, different from their early works and so on.
Cover songs do not matter at all, what was judged was your original material.


Last edited by Witcher on Sun May 09, 2010 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Top
 Profile  
gioval09
Metal newbie

Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:28 pm
Posts: 224
Location: Poland
PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 12:01 pm 
 

Why Slavyani was rejected?

They released their first CD demo on 9th May
http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuse ... =534097200

Top
 Profile  
Witcher
Metal freak

Joined: Wed Aug 18, 2004 8:27 am
Posts: 6077
Location: Czech Republic
PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 12:07 pm 
 

gioval09 wrote:
Why Slavyani was rejected?

They released their first CD demo on 9th May
http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuse ... =534097200

The proof that you have provided was not convincing. Just a blank CD-r with the printed image from the website.
Also the music is very, very borderline - you seriously think that that muffled noise over drum beats can be called metal?

http://www.myspace.com/slavyani

Top
 Profile  
gioval09
Metal newbie

Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:28 pm
Posts: 224
Location: Poland
PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 12:11 pm 
 

yeah, pagan metal:P

ok, you're the boss...
By the way - what kind of pictures are convincing?
And why the hell under my nick is written "Mallcore Kid"?? I have 110 points, it's Metalhead, isn't it?

Top
 Profile  
Witcher
Metal freak

Joined: Wed Aug 18, 2004 8:27 am
Posts: 6077
Location: Czech Republic
PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 12:13 pm 
 

gioval09 wrote:
yeah, pagan metal:P

ok, you're the boss...
By the way - what kind of pictures are convincing?
And why the hell under my nick is written "Mallcore Kid"?? I have 110 points, it's Metalhead, isn't it?

For the last time, read the first post here:
http://www.metal-archives.com/board/vie ... sc&start=0

Then the guidelines.
And the first ask here. The ranks on forums are not the same as on the main page - that is all displayed in the guidelines

Top
 Profile  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 278  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

Back to the Encyclopaedia Metallum


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group