Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 



Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Witcher
Metal freak

Joined: Wed Aug 18, 2004 8:27 am
Posts: 6077
Location: Czech Republic
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 12:06 pm 
 

GaiaTimesInfinity wrote:
Coming up.... 2 big long lists of less metal bands, and bands without any physical releases.

To include lots of the hybrid-core-nu type bands who have made it on here due to popularity alone.


The only thing coming is a ban for you, because you have not respected the warning.
No band has made it here based on popularity.

Top
 Profile  
GaiaTimesInfinity
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:20 am
Posts: 5
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 12:20 pm 
 

Witcher wrote:
No band has made it here based on popularity.


Waking the Cadaver, Beneath the Massacre? Don't make me bring out a list. They're all core and on here, and they happen to be popular.

I have been listening to metal for a long time, i know what is what. I know because i don't like the above mentioned crap because i define it as too core/nu. The guys i submitted might look nu or whatever, but not only are they not, they are more metal than the above mentioned and many more. I can accept the lack of physical release, as i havn't seen one myself. But not metal enough? Nonsense. Whoever rejected it just looked at the pics alone, that or your case by case evaluation is flawed.

Top
 Profile  
Witcher
Metal freak

Joined: Wed Aug 18, 2004 8:27 am
Posts: 6077
Location: Czech Republic
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 12:23 pm 
 

I have actually listened to it.
Waking the Cadaver are death metal enough, if you do not agree, then that is your problem.


More importantly , a rule from this thread which you did not bother to read or respect:

http://www.metal-archives.com/board/vie ... 85&start=0
2. Metalness

The second requirement is more difficult to assess as accurately as the existence of a physical release, but the staff here mostly knows what is metal and what isn't. Mistakes do happen, and if you are absolutely certain a mistake has been done, show us the band's music and we'll listen. Do not argue the decisions. This thread is a court of appeals, not a shouting match. If you act rudely and/or refuse to accept the decision, you might get banned. And provide samples, otherwise it will not lead to anything.

Top
 Profile  
GaiaTimesInfinity
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:20 am
Posts: 5
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 12:26 pm 
 

Witcher wrote:
I have actually listened to it.
Waking the Cadaver are death metal enough, if you do not agree, then that is your problem.


They are, i agree. For a site as big and popular as this, they are acceptable ;). I guess i'll have to agree to disagree.

Top
 Profile  
dust666
Metalhead

Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2007 2:46 pm
Posts: 683
Location: Romania
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 2:02 pm 
 

Why was Celelalte Cuvinte deleted? Their 1992 album was clearly metal, even though it sounded a bit strange at times. I hear metal riffs even in the more melodic songs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGssbrFmcs0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjVyb7Wf ... re=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQfo5WiQ ... re=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1db3bZyf ... re=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-366zXoP ... re=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTPV7hkoB_Q
http://www.youtube.com/user/LeopardSurd ... U_iOz0xuQc

That's the whole album. 3 songs out of 7 seven sound non-metalish at the start, but eventually become metal songs aswell.

Top
 Profile  
Witcher
Metal freak

Joined: Wed Aug 18, 2004 8:27 am
Posts: 6077
Location: Czech Republic
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 2:06 pm 
 

dust666 wrote:
Why was Celelalte Cuvinte deleted? Their 1992 album was clearly metal, even though it sounded a bit strange at times. I hear metal riffs even in the more melodic songs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGssbrFmcs0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjVyb7Wf ... re=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQfo5WiQ ... re=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1db3bZyf ... re=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-366zXoP ... re=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTPV7hkoB_Q
http://www.youtube.com/user/LeopardSurd ... U_iOz0xuQc

That's the whole album. 3 songs out of 7 seven sound non-metalish at the start, but eventually become metal songs aswell.



Resubmit then and desribe that this and the next album were metal in additional notes.

Top
 Profile  
dust666
Metalhead

Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2007 2:46 pm
Posts: 683
Location: Romania
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 2:07 pm 
 

Ok. Thank you.

Top
 Profile  
2thrashmania80
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:39 pm
Posts: 22
Location: Greece
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 5:59 pm 
 

3 of bands that i submitted before deleted today!!!which bands ?

Top
 Profile  
Witcher
Metal freak

Joined: Wed Aug 18, 2004 8:27 am
Posts: 6077
Location: Czech Republic
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 6:21 pm 
 

2thrashmania80 wrote:
3 of bands that i submitted before deleted today!!!which bands ?

Take a wild guess..
I have told you countless times, that you are not getting extra service and that your pushy behaviour gets on my nerves. So take all those exclamation points and stick them where the sun does not shine. Also read the first post about behaviour of users in this thread.

Most probably some Detroit bands, see the other thread.

By the way, which proof do you have for White Trash and Jumpathug having physical demos?

Top
 Profile  
2thrashmania80
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:39 pm
Posts: 22
Location: Greece
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 7:51 pm 
 

Witcher wrote:
2thrashmania80 wrote:
3 of bands that i submitted before deleted today!!!which bands ?

Take a wild guess..
I have told you countless times, that you are not getting extra service and that your pushy behaviour gets on my nerves. So take all those exclamation points and stick them where the sun does not shine. Also read the first post about behaviour of users in this thread.

Most probably some Detroit bands, see the other thread.

By the way, which proof do you have for White Trash and Jumpathug having physical demos?


Give me a break...what did your nerves got from a simple question???Jesus...I ask a simple question if u can answer it will be ok if not u have the propblem!!!

Im asking that cos in the past a mod was playing dirty...!!!He deleted a band and add it for his self...thats the reason im asking..ok???

As the bands that u asked i dont have the original demos but there are many many bands like these in archives...actually in the 80s and 90s the bands use cassetes to spread their music, not mp3s!
In the end i asked a simple question and u r attacking to me....calm down we are doing a conversation...

Top
 Profile  
Drowned
Tenebrous Apparition

Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2005 11:57 pm
Posts: 753
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 12:05 am 
 

2thrashmania80 wrote:
Give me a break...what did your nerves got from a simple question???Jesus...I ask a simple question if u can answer it will be ok if not u have the propblem!!!


Except that your simple question sounded more like you kicking down the door and screaming in our faces. How can you expect us to answer you in a civil manner when you have such an attitude from the get-go?

2thrashmania80 wrote:
Im asking that cos in the past a mod was playing dirty...!!!He deleted a band and add it for his self...thats the reason im asking..ok???


Which band, and what makes you so sure that they were playing dirty? Bands get reevaluated here all the time. Just look at all of the Lebanese entries that were removed and resubmitted last week. So, unless you have strong evidence and wish to file a complaint against one of us to the administrators, please keep such comments to yourself.

Top
 Profile  
2thrashmania80
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:39 pm
Posts: 22
Location: Greece
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 12:15 am 
 

Drowned wrote:
Except that your simple question sounded more like you kicking down the door and screaming in our faces. How can you expect us to answer you in a civil manner when you have such an attitude from the get-go?


I dont see any screaming (for example caps) and in your face question, i see just this : 3 of bands that i submitted before deleted today!!!which bands ?

I just want to know....



Drowned wrote:
Which band, and what makes you so sure that they were playing dirty? Bands get reevaluated here all the time. Just look at all of the Lebanese entries that were removed and resubmitted last week. So, unless you have strong evidence and wish to file a complaint against one of us to the administrators, please keep such comments to yourself.


U can answer this question....

Top
 Profile  
furin
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 3:32 pm
Posts: 7
Location: Sweden
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 1:48 pm 
 

Hi!
I have tried to add my band now but i keep getting an e-mail that says: "Either there is a lack of information, or this band has no apparent discography"

I have added our discogragy to the post and i have filled out all information, so if someone can tell me why i keep getting rejected i would appreciate it.

Top
 Profile  
Fanfarigoule
Veteran

Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2004 11:59 am
Posts: 3294
Location: France
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 1:53 pm 
 

Read the first post as the title says. It will answer you.

Top
 Profile  
furin
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 3:32 pm
Posts: 7
Location: Sweden
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 2:04 pm 
 

Ok i read it, the only thing i can see that i could do then was to show a picture of our albums. Who do i turn to do this?

or have i missed something else?

Top
 Profile  
Fanfarigoule
Veteran

Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2004 11:59 am
Posts: 3294
Location: France
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 2:16 pm 
 

Yes, to prove the albums were physically released. Take a photo and put the link to it in the add. notes of your submission.

Top
 Profile  
furin
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 3:32 pm
Posts: 7
Location: Sweden
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 2:45 pm 
 

Okey, will do. Haven't got a camera but will tell the vocalist to do it.
Thanks for the help!

Top
 Profile  
bloody_spike
Metalhead

Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2007 4:20 pm
Posts: 550
Location: United States of America
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 5:48 pm 
 

Fanfarigoule wrote:
bloody_spike wrote:
Okay, question about the whole "needs a physical release" thing: does it have to be an official release to the public, like available for sale, or can it just be physical copies of it? Cuz, like, I was a in a band last summer and we recorded a demo and there are 5 physical copies of it, one for each band member and one for my mom. Does that count?

No, the demo must be available to the public. Your demo is a private one and doesn't count. The demo must not necessarily be sold, it can be given away.


So, basically I just have to burn some more copies and give them to people? Or do they have to be professionally made copies?

Top
 Profile  
Fanfarigoule
Veteran

Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2004 11:59 am
Posts: 3294
Location: France
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 6:01 pm 
 

we would have to see what the demo looks like first.

Top
 Profile  
andregarcia57
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:15 am
Posts: 1
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 6:03 pm 
 

I recently posted a live demo of the band Diatort (BRA)

Please check to bring the band in the metal-archives.
link to live demo 1994
http://www.4shared.com/file/jyjHbGC8/_2 ... ssos_.html

and photo of the first members.
http://i562.photobucket.com/albums/ss68 ... iatort.jpg

and photo of the demo liv 94.
http://i562.photobucket.com/albums/ss68 ... rtlive.jpg


thanks
andré

Top
 Profile  
incestualdemoncy
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 2:08 pm
Posts: 1
Location: United States of America
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 9:16 pm 
 

I recently submitted the US black/thrash band NACHZEHRER for approval.

Here you will find evidence that the band has released a demo (streaming samples, release information):

www.myspace.com/nachzehrer666

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuse ... =533876448

Top
 Profile  
Drowned
Tenebrous Apparition

Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2005 11:57 pm
Posts: 753
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 9:22 pm 
 

andregarcia57 wrote:
I recently posted a live demo of the band Diatort (BRA)

Please check to bring the band in the metal-archives.
link to live demo 1994
http://www.4shared.com/file/jyjHbGC8/_2 ... ssos_.html

and photo of the first members.
http://i562.photobucket.com/albums/ss68 ... iatort.jpg

and photo of the demo liv 94.
http://i562.photobucket.com/albums/ss68 ... rtlive.jpg


thanks
andré


Please resubmit and include those links with your submission.

incestualdemoncy wrote:
I recently submitted the US black/thrash band NACHZEHRER for approval.

Here you will find evidence that the band has released a demo (streaming samples, release information):

www.myspace.com/nachzehrer666

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuse ... =533876448


You can resubmit. Please include the MySpace link.

Top
 Profile  
Sleazer777
Metal newbie

Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:06 pm
Posts: 45
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 8:10 am 
 

Ruins of Earth is on rejected list? Starnge,because apart metalcorish vocals music is more or less Melo Thrash/Death like ARCH ENEMY.Also they have CD out(Not just download.See Big Cartel for CD info).

Top
 Profile  
furin
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 3:32 pm
Posts: 7
Location: Sweden
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 12:37 pm 
 

Okey, i just added my band again and put the links in there, as you guys told me to, yet again it got rejected. can maybe the person that rejected it tell me whats wrong?

Top
 Profile  
Witcher
Metal freak

Joined: Wed Aug 18, 2004 8:27 am
Posts: 6077
Location: Czech Republic
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 12:40 pm 
 

furin wrote:
Okey, i just added my band again and put the links in there, as you guys told me to, yet again it got rejected. can maybe the person that rejected it tell me whats wrong?

No soudsamples in the submission.

Top
 Profile  
furin
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 3:32 pm
Posts: 7
Location: Sweden
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 12:45 pm 
 

Ok, So i re-submit with links to myspace and links to the pictures again.

Top
 Profile  
Christopher_Schmid
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:05 pm
Posts: 23
Location: Iran
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 1:34 pm 
 

You rejected the band called "Qutin" for has not apparent discography.

They have a physical release. here is some prove pics:
http://i40.tinypic.com/14nk9zs.jpg
http://i44.tinypic.com/mt03eo.jpg
http://i43.tinypic.com/2uj6n9t.jpg

I submited them with these pictures once ! But rejected

Official Sites:
www.myspace.com/qutin
www.qutin-band.com (under construction)

Label:
http://www.zurvanrecords.info/
_________________
I love, like, ETC. ! metal-archives.com \m/

Top
 Profile  
Witcher
Metal freak

Joined: Wed Aug 18, 2004 8:27 am
Posts: 6077
Location: Czech Republic
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 1:52 pm 
 

I have already told you, that it will only be accepted, if it will be released/distributed by a label outside Iran, not on your dubious "label".

Top
 Profile  
Christopher_Schmid
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:05 pm
Posts: 23
Location: Iran
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 2:41 pm 
 

Witcher wrote:
I have already told you, that it will only be accepted, if it will be

released/distributed by a label outside Iran, not on your dubious "label".


Oh man, Fuck Iran metal scene ! I agree with that. honestly, I even don't listen to them, i just support them !
But the label spend too much money for provide their gigs. i know that.

Zurvanrecord have 3 contract with Dark Leader (Iran), Samavayo (Germany), and this band so far.

I see some Pakistanian bands with Independent label in M-A.But Qutin at least have a label & a physical release (in Iran of course) !

But if you mean the label must legit and licensable and governmet knows about it ! in this case, yeah you right, this label is dubious, even you can say fake or bullshit. cuz this wont be happens here.

Anyway thank you.
_________________
I love, like, ETC. ! metal-archives.com \m/

Top
 Profile  
oneyoudontknow
Cum insantientibus furere necesse est.

Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 6:25 pm
Posts: 5344
Location: Germany
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 3:11 pm 
 

^ get in touch with Salute Records... I am sure they can help you.
_________________

I write for these magazines:
http://swirlsofnoise.com/
http://againstmagazine.com/

Analysis of band names:
http://www.metal-archives.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=103987

Top
 Profile  
Oblitteratus
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Wed May 05, 2010 7:28 pm
Posts: 3
Location: Portugal
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 10:27 pm 
 

Let me see if I get this straight...

You rejected the band I submited because we don't have physical records out yet, still... you have an option to say the release date of the record, and that's what I did.

The EP will be released 20th May and that's more than confirmed by the band.

And yet, I saw bands you approved without even a single record. So, how come?

Top
 Profile  
ksevile
Metalhead

Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:12 pm
Posts: 1390
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 11:06 pm 
 

The band needs to have one physical album released first.

Read the rules (http://www.metal-archives.com/guidelines.php):

Quote:
The band might have been formed, even got a logo, but how will we know that they won't just disband before even recording any song? An mp3 or two on MySpace or mp3.com-like websites is not enough. The band must have a demo out - this is the minimum. If you want to add your band, and you *know* you will release something soon, simply wait until it's released before submitting it!


If you would like to object to the acceptance of a particular band, use the correct thread.
_________________
Instinct is no match for reason.

Top
 Profile  
Christopher_Schmid
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:05 pm
Posts: 23
Location: Iran
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 12:52 am 
 

oneyoudontknow wrote:
^ get in touch with Salute Records... I am sure they can help you.


Salute Records just release BM i think.
Well, You said just lables outside the Iran acceptable. i see.

So, if the band make their own physical quality material and then release 'em, This is acceptable? Something like this i mean Senmuth.
please answer to it & then i'll get away :D

Thanks man.
_________________
I love, like, ETC. ! metal-archives.com \m/

Top
 Profile  
Witcher
Metal freak

Joined: Wed Aug 18, 2004 8:27 am
Posts: 6077
Location: Czech Republic
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 1:08 am 
 

Christopher_Schmid wrote:
oneyoudontknow wrote:
^ get in touch with Salute Records... I am sure they can help you.


Salute Records just release BM i think.
Well, You said just lables outside the Iran acceptable. i see.

So, if the band make their own physical quality material and then release 'em, This is acceptable? Something like this i mean Senmuth.
please answer to it & then i'll get away :D

Thanks man.

No, my answer is clear enough on that. And the quality of material does not matter.

Top
 Profile  
Christopher_Schmid
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:05 pm
Posts: 23
Location: Iran
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 1:14 am 
 

Witcher wrote:
Christopher_Schmid wrote:
oneyoudontknow wrote:
^ get in touch with Salute Records... I am sure they can help you.


Salute Records just release BM i think.
Well, You said just lables outside the Iran acceptable. i see.

So, if the band make their own physical quality material and then release 'em, This is acceptable? Something like this i mean Senmuth.
please answer to it & then i'll get away :D

Thanks man.

No, my answer is clear enough on that. And the quality of material does not matter.


OK. thanks for answering. the answers convince me as always.
_________________
I love, like, ETC. ! metal-archives.com \m/

Top
 Profile  
Ibanez_Guy
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:52 am
Posts: 13
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 2:00 am 
 

Noob questions:

1. Do I have to resubmit from scratch, or is there any draft left over from what I submitted? (or can a mod resubmit what I wrote up already)

2. Is a link to the bands page where they sell their physical CDs enough to prove their existence? Or do I still need to send in a photo somewhere? And to whom to I send in photos?

Cheers!

Top
 Profile  
Witcher
Metal freak

Joined: Wed Aug 18, 2004 8:27 am
Posts: 6077
Location: Czech Republic
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 2:14 am 
 

Ibanez_Guy wrote:
Noob questions:

1. Do I have to resubmit from scratch, or is there any draft left over from what I submitted? (or can a mod resubmit what I wrote up already)

2. Is a link to the bands page where they sell their physical CDs enough to prove their existence? Or do I still need to send in a photo somewhere? And to whom to I send in photos?

Cheers!


Such link is enough to prove the band has a physical release, but you need also soundsamples to prove the band is metal. Read the first post in this thread.

Top
 Profile  
Oblitteratus
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Wed May 05, 2010 7:28 pm
Posts: 3
Location: Portugal
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 2:47 am 
 

Ok, so... we're not thinking of having the EP selling in any specific websites, just by getting an order from people through e-mail to get it.

Is a photo of the physical record enough?

Top
 Profile  
Fanfarigoule
Veteran

Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2004 11:59 am
Posts: 3294
Location: France
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 5:22 am 
 

Yes, it is.

Top
 Profile  
Tonatiuth
Metal newbie

Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:24 am
Posts: 125
Location: Mexico
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 5:25 am 
 

Njord (swe) was rejected because this:

Either there is a lack of information, or this band has no apparent discography. Please see rule #7. If this band has indeed released anything and you can show us proof, you can resubmit it again.

Here is their studio album:
http://www.amazon.de/Mot-himlen-Njord/dp/B001VGKS4U

also they has some demos and singles

Top
 Profile  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 297  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

 
Jump to:  

Back to the Encyclopaedia Metallum


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group