Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 



Reply to topic  
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Azmodes
Ultranaut

Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:44 am
Posts: 5816
Location: Gradec, Austria
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:29 am 
 

RazorDick wrote:
Could a second meditator listen to "World War 1", I'd like to read a second opinion. Not that I don't respect ShaolinLambKiller's opinion, I'd just like to make sure.

It boggles my mind that you'd think that this is brutal death metal, let alone metal. This is noisy grind, or at least some kind of punkly spawn. Pure and simple.
_________________
Quote:
One Too Many Camel was rejected on the basis that it was not metal.

Last.fm | Collection

Top
 Profile  
morbidass
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:03 pm
Posts: 2
Location: Belarus
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:41 pm 
 

Alhadis wrote:
I WILL, however, openly admit that this music KICKS ARSE. :D

Thanks anyway! :)

Top
 Profile  
Azmodes
Ultranaut

Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:44 am
Posts: 5816
Location: Gradec, Austria
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:04 pm 
 

Terrion666 wrote:
Why? Ok, I've misteake labeled as Black Metal but is Ambient Black Metal. Quality of the sound and the recording is awful but you can see clearly is Ambient Black Metal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wiDmFeUQyI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H90VZ3Wit_w
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHWrLq6Yiv8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C97FCW_qnbU

Thank you very much!

ok, I have restored this. It seems just a bit more metal than ambient.
_________________
Quote:
One Too Many Camel was rejected on the basis that it was not metal.

Last.fm | Collection

Top
 Profile  
theneuromancer
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:09 pm
Posts: 6
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:57 pm 
 

In reference of Mellevon, it turns out that the album is not released yet so I guess I'll resubmit then and see.

On another topic, a band I submitted just got rejected, Dutch Oven (full album can be found at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2sW63V3RSA) for the reason that they are "stoner rock" rather than metal. I simply disagree, I do agree that it treads into stoner rock territory sometimes but I think it's predominantly metal overall. Can I get another opinion on this?

Top
 Profile  
Azmodes
Ultranaut

Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:44 am
Posts: 5816
Location: Gradec, Austria
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:02 pm 
 

The band was already judged by two mods, Metantoine and myself. It's borderline at best and we think it's more on the rock side of stoner things. More highway-cruising desert rock than based on metal riffs. We'll have to agree to disagree on this one.

Once the Mellevon album is out, post here and request a whitelisting.
_________________
Quote:
One Too Many Camel was rejected on the basis that it was not metal.

Last.fm | Collection

Top
 Profile  
TrogDawn
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2003 1:07 am
Posts: 29
Location: United States
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:26 pm 
 

I'm trying to add the band HypNoGoG, which is a side project of Dan Lively of Sweet Cicada (http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Sweet_Cicada/118139)

I'm getting a message that this band has been blacklisted? Can someone help me out as to why?

Thanks in advance...

- Randy


Last edited by TrogDawn on Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Top
 Profile  
Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:46 pm
Posts: 3297
Location: At the Heat of Winter
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:44 pm 
 

Blacklist note cites a general lack of metal.

Top
 Profile  
TrogDawn
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2003 1:07 am
Posts: 29
Location: United States
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:51 pm 
 

Is there an appeal process for this? Being that Sweet Cicada is in the database and Hypnogog is almost identical to their sound (Dan Lively is the leader of both bands), I'm asking that this decision be revisited.

The links below should be more than proof of their doom/stoner metal sound.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRYjj34yp7s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8tsahhXtsw
http://hypnogog.bandcamp.com
_________________
Ian McDuyhard wrote:
"It's a Stone Groove, innit?!?"

click here, ya bastid! ---> Stone Groove Records is a label specializing in doom/stoner,
heavy rock, classic metal, ambient, experimental and reissues of lost underground classics.


Last edited by TrogDawn on Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Top
 Profile  
Metantoine
The XVI, dominar to over 258714 subjects

Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:00 pm
Posts: 8671
Location: Québec
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:47 pm 
 

Hypnodog certainly has some metal elements but it's buried underneath psych instrumental jam rock, I agree with the blacklisting.

Sweet Cicada on the other hand is heavier, groovier doom/stoner with a smaller psych rock presence.

their biography made me laugh though! How pretentious.
Quote:
Cosmic doom/groove/stoner-rock project from West Virginia’s doom prodigy
_________________
Jonpo wrote:
I'll ALWAYS prefer flashing girls in the park though. That's just more my style.

Metantoine's Magickal Realm
Last.fm
Halberd (doom/death)

Top
 Profile  
Terrion666
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2004 6:32 pm
Posts: 27
Location: Spain
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:57 pm 
 

Azmodes wrote:
Terrion666 wrote:
Why? Ok, I've misteake labeled as Black Metal but is Ambient Black Metal. Quality of the sound and the recording is awful but you can see clearly is Ambient Black Metal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wiDmFeUQyI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H90VZ3Wit_w
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHWrLq6Yiv8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C97FCW_qnbU

Thank you very much!

ok, I have restored this. It seems just a bit more metal than ambient.


Than you very much! ;-)

Top
 Profile  
AbyssmalHate
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:03 pm
Posts: 1
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:59 pm 
 

I tried to submit today the band Coffinborn but was rejected:

This band has been rejected by the moderators for the following reason:

"Is this really out yet? No announcements and the label page doesn't have it. Please include clear evidence of release."

Ok, and later today the band was submitted and approved by another user.

WTF???

Top
 Profile  
OpsiusCato
Mexican Metal Inquisition

Joined: Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:42 am
Posts: 1315
Location: Mexico
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:10 pm 
 

You and other three users tried to submit it and had it rejecteds because the release wasn't out yet. The fourth user may have added proof that you and those other three didn't.
_________________
Uncolored, on greeting people wrote:
Salutations are for pussies. Only fuck offing people is real
Uncolored, on me quoting him wrote:
You have to pay me fucking royalties to use my wisdom pearls. Go fucking paypal 666 euros to uncolored@metal-archives.com

Top
 Profile  
Bis Repetita Placent
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:59 am
Posts: 2
Location: France
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:30 am 
 

Hello Metal Archives, i'm newbie ! :-)

This morning, i want to add a second band called "Curare" (actually there's just one ancient german groupe called "Curare" here).

When I fish to write, i see a warning message who said "there are blackislted". Why ? Copyright problem on the name or no respect of the rules in a older registration ?

I'am sad and desapointed : because i'm fan of Folk Metal (both European Folk Metal, and Southamerican Folk Metal like Curare) ; because also in Wikipedia it's seem are no problem ; and in web research for the peoples, it's the active band, not the former.

Can you explain to me, to unterstand ?

Top
 Profile  
Azmodes
Ultranaut

Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:44 am
Posts: 5816
Location: Gradec, Austria
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:15 am 
 

AbyssmalHate wrote:
I tried to submit today the band Coffinborn but was rejected:

This band has been rejected by the moderators for the following reason:

"Is this really out yet? No announcements and the label page doesn't have it. Please include clear evidence of release."

Ok, and later today the band was submitted and approved by another user.

WTF???

I think the problem was that when you submitted it, the label hadn't yet updated their site(s). I tried searching for something concrete (in particular in their online store), but the latest thing I found was an announcement that the album would be released on July 15th from a month ago or so. So that's why I rejected it. Labels sometimes push back releases. When another user submitted the band a few hours later, the announcement had been made and the release was listed in the label shop (and said user had also included a direct link to the shop listing). So I approved them.

Bis Repetita Placent wrote:
Hello Metal Archives, i'm newbie ! :-)

This morning, i want to add a second band called "Curare" (actually there's just one ancient german groupe called "Curare" here).

When I fish to write, i see a warning message who said "there are blackislted". Why ? Copyright problem on the name or no respect of the rules in a older registration ?

I'am sad and desapointed : because i'm fan of Folk Metal (both European Folk Metal, and Southamerican Folk Metal like Curare) ; because also in Wikipedia it's seem are no problem ; and in web research for the peoples, it's the active band, not the former.

Can you explain to me, to unterstand ?

They were blacklisted in late 2013 with the reason that they are a rock band. I don't recall them at all, if you disagree, please post links to samples here instead of making baseless assumptions.
_________________
Quote:
One Too Many Camel was rejected on the basis that it was not metal.

Last.fm | Collection

Top
 Profile  
Looooser
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Sat May 25, 2013 1:40 am
Posts: 2
Location: Brazil
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:27 pm 
 

On the email it says "Reason:
So how many copies were released physically? Was it only available for streaming through YouTube when it comes to a digital release?". Well, Only 2 physical copies were out, one of them is mine (Loser, guitarrist, bassist and vocalist of Selvmord), and the other one is Pulver's (Drummer and vocalist of Selvmord). I thought it would make things easier. About the digital release, no, it wasn't only on Youtube. It is on Mediafire (http://www.mediafire.com/download/1k35x ... l+-+EP.rar), Soundcloud (https://soundcloud.com/drowning-in-hate/sets) and Youtube (http://youtu.be/lyKqwjzY9oE?list=UUY2Sz ... hLRe3PQy7Q). If possible, I wante you guys to consider that Selvmord is not a side project of mine, even though I have some other bands (one of them is Odalheim from Brazil and it is on MA, the others aren't on MA yet). Thanks for the attention.

Top
 Profile  
TrogDawn
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2003 1:07 am
Posts: 29
Location: United States
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:03 pm 
 

Diamhea wrote:
Blacklist note cites a general lack of metal.


Metantoine wrote:
Hypnodog certainly has some metal elements but it's buried underneath psych instrumental jam rock, I agree with the blacklisting.

Sweet Cicada on the other hand is heavier, groovier doom/stoner with a smaller psych rock presence.

their biography made me laugh though! How pretentious.
Quote:
Cosmic doom/groove/stoner-rock project from West Virginia’s doom prodigy


Metal? Pretentious? No...say it isn't so! :-P That's half the reason we enjoy it, right? :headbang:

(By the way, I wrote that bio of Dan Lively, he didn't write it about himself ;) )

So, do these two comments mean HypNoGoG is a no-go then?
_________________
Ian McDuyhard wrote:
"It's a Stone Groove, innit?!?"

click here, ya bastid! ---> Stone Groove Records is a label specializing in doom/stoner,
heavy rock, classic metal, ambient, experimental and reissues of lost underground classics.

Top
 Profile  
Azmodes
Ultranaut

Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:44 am
Posts: 5816
Location: Gradec, Austria
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:27 pm 
 

Looooser wrote:
On the email it says "Reason:
So how many copies were released physically? Was it only available for streaming through YouTube when it comes to a digital release?". Well, Only 2 physical copies were out, one of them is mine (Loser, guitarrist, bassist and vocalist of Selvmord), and the other one is Pulver's (Drummer and vocalist of Selvmord). I thought it would make things easier. About the digital release, no, it wasn't only on Youtube. It is on Mediafire (http://www.mediafire.com/download/1k35x ... l+-+EP.rar), Soundcloud (https://soundcloud.com/drowning-in-hate/sets) and Youtube (http://youtu.be/lyKqwjzY9oE?list=UUY2Sz ... hLRe3PQy7Q). If possible, I wante you guys to consider that Selvmord is not a side project of mine, even though I have some other bands (one of them is Odalheim from Brazil and it is on MA, the others aren't on MA yet). Thanks for the attention.

Couple of things problematic here:

1. 2 copies owned by band members are not a public release.

2. A Mediafire link alone is not enough. We require some form of semi-permanent, publicly accessible hosting for digital releases. Just dropping it here is not sufficient. EDIT: ok, it's posted on the band's Facebook, but considering all the other points, it's still too makeshift.

3. The songs on Soundcloud are streaming-only.

4. Lastly, the release itself is not quite in line with our guidelines on digital releases. It is rather short (even shorter, since one song isn't even on the digital version?) and the recording quality is quite amateurish.

In conclusion, the band is not acceptable at this point in time.

TrogDawn wrote:
So, do these two comments mean HypNoGoG is a no-go then?

Yes. It was me who blacklisted them and reading that note I can somewhat recall the music, concurring with Metantoine's assessment.
_________________
Quote:
One Too Many Camel was rejected on the basis that it was not metal.

Last.fm | Collection

Top
 Profile  
TrogDawn
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2003 1:07 am
Posts: 29
Location: United States
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:32 pm 
 

Azmodes wrote:
TrogDawn wrote:
So, do these two comments mean HypNoGoG is a no-go then?

Yes. It was me who blacklisted them and reading that note I can somewhat recall the music, concurring with Metantoine's assessment.


Ok, thanks for letting me know. :beer:
_________________
Ian McDuyhard wrote:
"It's a Stone Groove, innit?!?"

click here, ya bastid! ---> Stone Groove Records is a label specializing in doom/stoner,
heavy rock, classic metal, ambient, experimental and reissues of lost underground classics.

Top
 Profile  
Looooser
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Sat May 25, 2013 1:40 am
Posts: 2
Location: Brazil
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:46 pm 
 

Azmodes wrote:
Looooser wrote:
On the email it says "Reason:
So how many copies were released physically? Was it only available for streaming through YouTube when it comes to a digital release?". Well, Only 2 physical copies were out, one of them is mine (Loser, guitarrist, bassist and vocalist of Selvmord), and the other one is Pulver's (Drummer and vocalist of Selvmord). I thought it would make things easier. About the digital release, no, it wasn't only on Youtube. It is on Mediafire (http://www.mediafire.com/download/1k35x ... l+-+EP.rar), Soundcloud (https://soundcloud.com/drowning-in-hate/sets) and Youtube (http://youtu.be/lyKqwjzY9oE?list=UUY2Sz ... hLRe3PQy7Q). If possible, I wante you guys to consider that Selvmord is not a side project of mine, even though I have some other bands (one of them is Odalheim from Brazil and it is on MA, the others aren't on MA yet). Thanks for the attention.

Couple of things problematic here:

1. 2 copies owned by band members are not a public release.

2. A Mediafire link alone is not enough. We require some form of semi-permanent, publicly accessible hosting for digital releases. Just dropping it here is not sufficient. EDIT: ok, it's posted on the band's Facebook, but considering all the other points, it's still too makeshift.

3. The songs on Soundcloud are streaming-only.

4. Lastly, the release itself is not quite in line with our guidelines on digital releases. It is rather short (even shorter, since one song isn't even on the digital version?) and the recording quality is quite amateurish.

In conclusion, the band is not acceptable at this point in time.

TrogDawn wrote:
So, do these two comments mean HypNoGoG is a no-go then?

Yes. It was me who blacklisted them and reading that note I can somewhat recall the music, concurring with Metantoine's assessment.


Ok, sorry for the nuisance. I will try again in a few months as soon as the new album gets ready. Thanks.

Top
 Profile  
Bis Repetita Placent
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:59 am
Posts: 2
Location: France
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:09 pm 
 

Azmodes wrote:
Bis Repetita Placent wrote:
Hello Metal Archives, i'm newbie ! :-)

This morning, i want to add a second band called "Curare" (actually there's just one ancient german groupe called "Curare" here).

When I fish to write, i see a warning message who said "there are blackislted". Why ? Copyright problem on the name or no respect of the rules in a older registration ?

I'am sad and desapointed : because i'm fan of Folk Metal (both European Folk Metal, and Southamerican Folk Metal like Curare) ; because also in Wikipedia it's seem are no problem ; and in web research for the peoples, it's the active band, not the former.

Can you explain to me, to unterstand ?

They were blacklisted in late 2013 with the reason that they are a rock band. I don't recall them at all, if you disagree, please post links to samples here instead of making baseless assumptions.


Hi, Azmodes and alls !

About my today's problem, I will argue that "Curare" (2000's/Ecuador for disambiguation) is not a rock'n'roll band but a metal band. At home, I'm just got their second album (Radical Acción, 2006), and for it it's definitively a Folk Metal band with a touch of Groove Metal ; on Metal base with native acoustic instruments and voice sometimes grooving. My aguments, to explain in facts thats it's really a folk metal band and not a rock'n'roll band :

= Wikipedia classified Curare in Folk Metal (first) and Alternative Metal (second) ; URL : https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curare_(banda)
= the blog Paganus.info (sepcialized on southmarican Folk Metal) classified also Curare in Folk Music, subgenre Metal Andino ; URL : http://paganvsinfo.blogspot.fr/2011/08/curare.html
= the band on his offcial page classified themself on genre : "Genre Folk Metal Andino, Longo Metal" ; URL : https://www.facebook.com/pages/CURARE/1 ... 35?fref=ts

And, to all people to want made himself his own opinion, to heard what they play, they have a Youtube "CURARE LONGOMETAL" releated by the Google search engine at Mägo de Oz and PaganFolkVideo ; URL (14 vids, of songs and reports) : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfvcI7 ... 5V0c2ql8DA

I wait your opinion, for deleting the blacklisting... ;-)

Top
 Profile  
NIMBUS666
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2005 5:30 pm
Posts: 4
Location: Guatemala
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:09 pm 
 

Why Ab Eterno from Guatemala is blacklisted? they are Black Metal Ambient, there is a review from the demo : http://occultblackmetalzine.blogspot.co ... 3048368636

Top
 Profile  
Sprillith22
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:31 am
Posts: 1
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:49 pm 
 

Hi!
I submitted a band called "Demon Sugar" (Stoner/Doom metal from Thailand)

It was rejected based on the validity of our release. Here is evidence of one of the CDs. Is there anything else I can provide as proof?

Image

Image

Much Appreciated.

Top
 Profile  
Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:46 pm
Posts: 3297
Location: At the Heat of Winter
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:27 am 
 

NIMBUS666 wrote:
Why Ab Eterno from Guatemala is blacklisted? they are Black Metal Ambient, there is a review from the demo : http://occultblackmetalzine.blogspot.co ... 3048368636


Not enough metal, too much ambient.

Regarding Curare: Seems like you posted a bunch of third party links that cite the band as metal in one form or another and want us to take these opinions into account regarding the band's acceptance here. First off, Wikipedia is by no means a reliable source, and the band themselves can call their music whatever they want, the staff HERE makes the final determination as to whether or not said band belongs HERE. You may be surprised at how often bands misrepresent/mislabel their sound and genre (consciously or otherwise) for gains both ill-gotten and/or harmless. What I am trying to say is...no, the blacklist won't be lifted, especially without new song samples depicting a drastic shift in tone and style.
_________________
bug_man wrote:
hello i am an ego if you do not repost this to 10 other pages i will fly into jari's apartment and mess up the orchestras for the new wintersun album

http://www.myspace.com/thevala
http://www.last.fm/user/Diamhea

Top
 Profile  
Azmodes
Ultranaut

Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:44 am
Posts: 5816
Location: Gradec, Austria
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:37 am 
 

^While that is 100% correct, to be fair, he did link to a Youtube channel. Two albums are also on CD Baby: http://www.cdbaby.com/Artist/Curare I'm not sure what to think about it, I guess just "rock" is indeed not very fitting, but it sort of varies between tribal -core stuff, folk rock and groove/folk metal. :/ I'd be leaning towards a no.

@Sprillith22: What kind of compilation is that? Various artists sampler, split or simply compiling one band's recordings?
_________________
Quote:
One Too Many Camel was rejected on the basis that it was not metal.

Last.fm | Collection

Top
 Profile  
Nolax
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Mon May 08, 2006 11:29 pm
Posts: 20
Location: United States
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:04 pm 
 

Can you guys add Christian Metal band Demon Hunter to the webpage?

Top
 Profile  
Metantoine
The XVI, dominar to over 258714 subjects

Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:00 pm
Posts: 8671
Location: Québec
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:13 pm 
 

Nolax wrote:
Can you guys add Christian Metal band Demon Hunter to the webpage?

Nah.
_________________
Jonpo wrote:
I'll ALWAYS prefer flashing girls in the park though. That's just more my style.

Metantoine's Magickal Realm
Last.fm
Halberd (doom/death)

Top
 Profile  
TrogDawn
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2003 1:07 am
Posts: 29
Location: United States
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:09 pm 
 

Nolax wrote:
Can you guys add Christian Metal band Demon Hunter to the webpage?

What's stopping you from adding them yourself?
_________________
Ian McDuyhard wrote:
"It's a Stone Groove, innit?!?"

click here, ya bastid! ---> Stone Groove Records is a label specializing in doom/stoner,
heavy rock, classic metal, ambient, experimental and reissues of lost underground classics.


Last edited by TrogDawn on Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Top
 Profile  
anewt72690
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:24 pm
Posts: 4
Location: United States of America
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:48 pm 
 

Taravana (Boston, MA) was rejected for not being metal enough. I'm assuming it's on the grounds that all metal bands have to center around electric guitar, because the rest of the LP is full of very metal drumming and heavy climaxes. If someone else looks at it and agrees that it's not metal I'll let it rest, but a second opinion would be welcomed before total rejection.

http://taravanamusic.bandcamp.com/track/toxicodendron-2
http://taravanamusic.bandcamp.com/track/the-irons
http://taravanamusic.bandcamp.com/track/in-effigy

Top
 Profile  
theunrelentingattack
Not yet ready for a custom title

Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:18 pm
Posts: 712
Location: United States
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:14 pm 
 

Taravana - I'll listen.
_________________
In a recent review: "I didn't expect any "new" record by any "new" band to blow me like this."

Top
 Profile  
Morrigan
Crone of War

Joined: Sat Aug 10, 2002 7:27 am
Posts: 9537
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:15 pm 
 

...Are you for real? :lol:

No, piano and drums don't make your band metal. Holy shit! :durr:
_________________
Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
you can debate the actual date that metal began, but a fairly agreed upon date is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old
Extreme_violence wrote:
Why Iron maiden is there? It's very far to be metal than a lot of some metal band.

Top
 Profile  
anewt72690
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:24 pm
Posts: 4
Location: United States of America
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:21 pm 
 

Okay, thank you for listening Morrigan. I'll continue my search for a guitarist and try again...um, eventually.

Top
 Profile  
theunrelentingattack
Not yet ready for a custom title

Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:18 pm
Posts: 712
Location: United States
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:22 pm 
 

anewt72690 wrote:
Taravana (Boston, MA) was rejected for not being metal enough. I'm assuming it's on the grounds that all metal bands have to center around electric guitar, because the rest of the LP is full of very metal drumming and heavy climaxes. If someone else looks at it and agrees that it's not metal I'll let it rest, but a second opinion would be welcomed before total rejection.

http://taravanamusic.bandcamp.com/track/toxicodendron-2
http://taravanamusic.bandcamp.com/track/the-irons
http://taravanamusic.bandcamp.com/track/in-effigy


Dude - sorry man but I just listened to the self-titled record and that is not power metal in the least. You would probably be very good at covering Meat Loaf's Bat Out of Hell from start to finish but none of what you have up is in the remote ball park of metal and not just because there's no guitars.
_________________
In a recent review: "I didn't expect any "new" record by any "new" band to blow me like this."

Top
 Profile  
anewt72690
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:24 pm
Posts: 4
Location: United States of America
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:29 pm 
 

"You would probably be very good at covering Meat Loaf's Bat Out of Hell from start to finish"

I'm not sure if that's a compliment. Point well taken though...I really appreciate that you listened to the album.

Top
 Profile  
Metantoine
The XVI, dominar to over 258714 subjects

Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:00 pm
Posts: 8671
Location: Québec
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:35 pm 
 

Meat Loaf is awesome and he's a bit more metal than your music because of his artwork.

TrogDawn, please refrain from posting in this thread if you don't have to, Demon Hunter is obviously on the blacklist and they're gonna stay there. This thread is reserved for questions aimed at the mods and not for anyone to intervene with their opinions. Also, please don't post in orange haha!
_________________
Jonpo wrote:
I'll ALWAYS prefer flashing girls in the park though. That's just more my style.

Metantoine's Magickal Realm
Last.fm
Halberd (doom/death)

Top
 Profile  
anewt72690
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:24 pm
Posts: 4
Location: United States of America
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:42 pm 
 

Can you redirect me to the Wants-To-Be-Metal Archives forum?

Okay seriously though, I'll get out of your hair. Thanks again for being a sweet site and fielding my request.

Top
 Profile  
MetalCuresHeadaches
Metalhead

Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:35 pm
Posts: 584
Location: United States
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:21 pm 
 

TrogDawn wrote:
What's stopping you from adding them yourself?


The fact that they've been blacklisted, and are not really metal? They've been posted here a good half dozen times.
_________________
One part the Führer, one part the Pope

inhumanist wrote:
"Fuck you, little Omar. Your school got reduced to rubble by an IDF missile, but Allah still gives you hope you say? Well that's just because you've never played Grand Theft Auto you little shit."

Top
 Profile  
theunrelentingattack
Not yet ready for a custom title

Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:18 pm
Posts: 712
Location: United States
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:32 pm 
 

anewt72690 wrote:
"You would probably be very good at covering Meat Loaf's Bat Out of Hell from start to finish"

I'm not sure if that's a compliment. Point well taken though...I really appreciate that you listened to the album.


I actually think Meat Loaf kicks ass, so I think it was a compliment. Maybe neutral but almost certainly not a dig. :)
_________________
In a recent review: "I didn't expect any "new" record by any "new" band to blow me like this."

Top
 Profile  
Anastezia
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:29 am
Posts: 1
Location: Ukraine
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:44 am 
 

Regarding Exult:
WAS released digitally and mixed/mastered professionally.
Links to buy it in digital stores (iTunes/Amazon/Google Play/...) are on official website: exult.noizr.com - there is also a preview of the album in 3 full tracks.

Top
 Profile  
Azmodes
Ultranaut

Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:44 am
Posts: 5816
Location: Gradec, Austria
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:22 am 
 

Nolax wrote:
Can you guys add Christian Metal band Demon Hunter to the webpage?

Use the search function next time.

Anastezia: Ah yes, simply resubmit.
_________________
Quote:
One Too Many Camel was rejected on the basis that it was not metal.

Last.fm | Collection

Top
 Profile  
OpsiusCato
Mexican Metal Inquisition

Joined: Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:42 am
Posts: 1315
Location: Mexico
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:37 pm 
 

theunrelentingattack wrote:
I actually think Meat Loaf kicks ass (...)

TUA, why are you so awesome!?
_________________
Uncolored, on greeting people wrote:
Salutations are for pussies. Only fuck offing people is real
Uncolored, on me quoting him wrote:
You have to pay me fucking royalties to use my wisdom pearls. Go fucking paypal 666 euros to uncolored@metal-archives.com

Top
 Profile  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 276, 277, 278, 279, 280, 281, 282 ... 289  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: PDS and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

Back to the Encyclopaedia Metallum


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group