Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 



Reply to topic  
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Skriande
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Sat May 31, 2014 11:24 am
Posts: 1
Location: Czech Republic
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:51 am 
 

Hi,
can I ask, why was the band HEIRS blacklisted?

Thanks for an answer.

Top
 Profile  
OpsiusCato
Mexican Metal Inquisition

Joined: Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:42 am
Posts: 1342
Location: Mexico
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:53 pm 
 

Skriande wrote:
(...) why was the band HEIRS blacklisted?

According to the blacklist, they're non-metallic drone.
_________________
Uncolored, on greeting people wrote:
Salutations are for pussies. Only fuck offing people is real
Uncolored, on being his birthday wrote:
Today is King of Underground's come to earth anniversary, now apologize for your miscreant behaviour!

Top
 Profile  
artery
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Sun Jul 30, 2006 8:10 am
Posts: 6
Location: Germany
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:03 pm 
 

here is a photo from the "Demo 2010"(cd,100 copies lim.) from Grave Violator
http://oi59.tinypic.com/332o0mg.jpg
artery

Top
 Profile  
AdirondackResistance
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:39 pm
Posts: 3
Location: United States
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:54 pm 
 

my project Hiraeth was rejected, we have a legit release, came out in june 2014 available for download and on cd aig.24th. if you check the bands page you.will see. www.facebook.com/hiraethband88. cheers

Top
 Profile  
Terrion666
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2004 6:32 pm
Posts: 27
Location: Spain
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:46 am 
 

Hi! I recieved this e-mail rejecting Burgûli:
Quote:
Sorry Terrion666, Encyclopaedia Metallum was forced to reject your submission for the band Burgûli (Spain), for the following reason:

Ambient. Not a metal band; does not belong on Encyclopaedia Metallum. Please read (or re-read) our rules next time to see what qualifies as metal.

If you want to object to this rejection, please do so in the appropriate thread in the Suggestions and Complaints sub-forum. Do not e-mail moderators directly about this.

Sincerely,
- Derigin, Encyclopaedia Metallum


Why? Ok, I've misteake labeled as Black Metal but is Ambient Black Metal. Quality of the sound and the recording is awful but you can see clearly is Ambient Black Metal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wiDmFeUQyI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H90VZ3Wit_w
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHWrLq6Yiv8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C97FCW_qnbU

Thank you very much!

Top
 Profile  
Azmodes
Ultranaut

Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:44 am
Posts: 5905
Location: Gradec, Austria
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:40 am 
 

artery wrote:
here is a photo from the "Demo 2010"(cd,100 copies lim.) from Grave Violator
http://oi59.tinypic.com/332o0mg.jpg
artery

Resubmit.
_________________
Quote:
One Too Many Camel was rejected on the basis that it was not metal.

Last.fm | Collection

Top
 Profile  
oneyoudontknow
Cum insantientibus furere necesse est.

Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 6:25 pm
Posts: 5316
Location: Germany
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:45 am 
 

Iseankoe: Why have Vargr from Sweden been deleted? Though it is more of dark ambient/noise now, at least 4 first releases are strictly black metal.
oneyoudontknow wrote:
Azmodes wrote:
Can you link to samples from these releases?

http://listen.20buckspin.com/album/nort ... -supremacy
really low-fi stuff...

No opionion of a mod on this?
_________________

September 2013:
the 23rd edition of my magazine has been released:
https://archive.org/details/ADeadSpotOfLightNumber23

Analysis of band names:
http://www.metal-archives.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=103987

Top
 Profile  
morbidass
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:03 pm
Posts: 2
Location: Belarus
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:50 am 
 

Hi, my band Vaginal Juice (Russia) was blacklisted here. I wanted to ask why? We've released our debut album today. You can listen to it here: http://coyoterecords.bandcamp.com/album ... ic-process
Maybe I can resubmit it, if we have enough metal in our music? Cheers.

Top
 Profile  
lunaterra
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Sat May 31, 2014 3:57 am
Posts: 5
Location: United States
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:30 pm 
 

lunaterra wrote:
May I ask why Exist†Trace are blacklisted? I'm fully willing to admit that their recent music isn't metal (though I'm still a fan), but their earlier work (up through 2009/10ish) is pretty solid gothic metal IMO:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQUiw4r77FU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksv1v8t0mbE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CVaO80vUwc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKJKIzizEvE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hdj7ik5ssxQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5roKNTsb4IE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JiUB9y2I2s4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NoAuOKn72dw

(I searched and someone did ask about them before, but it looked like they never got a response...not from the mods, anyway...)


Any more thoughts? All I really want to know is whether or not they're going to remain on the blacklist.

Top
 Profile  
Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:46 pm
Posts: 3580
Location: At the Heat of Winter
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:17 am 
 

lunaterra wrote:
lunaterra wrote:
May I ask why Exist†Trace are blacklisted? I'm fully willing to admit that their recent music isn't metal (though I'm still a fan), but their earlier work (up through 2009/10ish) is pretty solid gothic metal IMO:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQUiw4r77FU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksv1v8t0mbE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CVaO80vUwc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKJKIzizEvE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hdj7ik5ssxQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5roKNTsb4IE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JiUB9y2I2s4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NoAuOKn72dw

(I searched and someone did ask about them before, but it looked like they never got a response...not from the mods, anyway...)


Any more thoughts? All I really want to know is whether or not they're going to remain on the blacklist.


I listened to some more of it, and it is just gothic alt. rock with the occasional heavier passage. I updated the blacklist note to reflect this, so that should end any confusion right there.
_________________
Passive-aggressive complainee wrote:
Communicating exclusively in gifs makes you the most annoying mod ever

http://www.myspace.com/thevala
http://www.last.fm/user/Diamhea

Top
 Profile  
Weltering_in_Blood
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:53 pm
Posts: 9
Location: United States
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:14 am 
 

Really curious why Tsalal was rejected... the rejection said that it's "not a metal band". Tsalal is chaotic black/death metal with a member of Antediluvian/Noxius Nex/Brulvahnatu/etc., released on a metal label (Serpents Head Reprisal).

Top
 Profile  
Azmodes
Ultranaut

Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:44 am
Posts: 5905
Location: Gradec, Austria
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:18 am 
 

Weltering_in_Blood wrote:
Really curious why Tsalal was rejected... the rejection said that it's "not a metal band". Tsalal is chaotic black/death metal with a member of Antediluvian/Noxius Nex/Brulvahnatu/etc., released on a metal label (Serpents Head Reprisal).

Already responded to this.
_________________
Quote:
One Too Many Camel was rejected on the basis that it was not metal.

Last.fm | Collection

Top
 Profile  
LeMiserable
Milhouse van Houten

Joined: Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:42 am
Posts: 432
Location: Netherlands
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:16 am 
 

Mods heard the new Suicide Silence album yet? It's available on Spotify now. Sounds like a slightly less generic version of "The Black Crown".

Deemed metal or not? It sounds a bit more metallic than their previous stuff tbh, still not very good :/
_________________
iamntbatman on Brainded Binky wrote:
That guy drives me up a wall for some reason. I can't get through a single one of his reviews without wanting to set fire to everything around me.

Top
 Profile  
Azmodes
Ultranaut

Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:44 am
Posts: 5905
Location: Gradec, Austria
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:28 am 
 

Once it's actually released, post samples here and we'll check it out.
_________________
Quote:
One Too Many Camel was rejected on the basis that it was not metal.

Last.fm | Collection

Top
 Profile  
LeMiserable
Milhouse van Houten

Joined: Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:42 am
Posts: 432
Location: Netherlands
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:32 am 
 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1j-KWMsfMeE

Look in the description for "Cease To Exist", "Control", "Warrior" and "Ending is the Beginning". Certainly the latter, seemingly re-recorded from the EP, even has some guttural bree-bree-ish vocals somewhere round the middle, interesting..

EDIT 1: This is considerably more metal than their previous stuff, the new vocalist has a wider range and the music itself has certainly become more metallic, more solos, more actual metallic riffs, still a shitload of breakdowns..
_________________
iamntbatman on Brainded Binky wrote:
That guy drives me up a wall for some reason. I can't get through a single one of his reviews without wanting to set fire to everything around me.

Top
 Profile  
iamntbatman
Chaos Breed

Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:55 am
Posts: 7688
Location: Innsmouth
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:49 am 
 

Azmodes wrote:
Once it's actually released
_________________
Lippyass Major wrote:
Getting a band inked into your skin permanently is always a sign of dedication and intelligence, and I have a lot of respect for the people who do it.


COMA VOID | GLOAMING | FAUSTIAN ORBS

Top
 Profile  
Muhammadabbadabba
Metalhead

Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 8:00 pm
Posts: 1056
Location: R'lyeh
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:12 am 
 

I deemed Kontingent 88 (also known as Kontingent) Metal the basis of "Générations future", but the band was blacklisted.

The band's sophomore album has a NWOBHM vibe to it. Rockier than Sortilège or H-Bomb, but more metallic than Praying Mantis or even Cockney Rejects.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIX_M3JFBCo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a991Plz_6ws
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJlTtXyoY8E
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BN4lq-2mvcY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzwlB5DghUk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9X_0oRa0XM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJVQuHUlpBs
_________________
My Wanted List (note: no longer trading with Euros)

Top
 Profile  
Azmodes
Ultranaut

Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:44 am
Posts: 5905
Location: Gradec, Austria
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:29 am 
 

I think the album sounds okay, but I'd like some more mod opinions.
_________________
Quote:
One Too Many Camel was rejected on the basis that it was not metal.

Last.fm | Collection

Top
 Profile  
MutantClannfear
Metalhead

Joined: Thu May 27, 2010 12:12 am
Posts: 2270
Location: United States
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:30 pm 
 

LeMiserable wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1j-KWMsfMeE

Look in the description for "Cease To Exist", "Control", "Warrior" and "Ending is the Beginning". Certainly the latter, seemingly re-recorded from the EP, even has some guttural bree-bree-ish vocals somewhere round the middle, interesting..

EDIT 1: This is considerably more metal than their previous stuff, the new vocalist has a wider range and the music itself has certainly become more metallic, more solos, more actual metallic riffs, still a shitload of breakdowns..

It's not mini-modding for me to tell the mods here that listening to this would be a big fat waste of your time, right? This album is no more metal-influenced than The Black Crown was (which is to say, not very much). It's got a handful of metal riffs, but the majority of the album is a deathcore/nu-metal hybrid and most of the songs are just built out of breakdowns, jumpdafuckup chugs and bendy grooves. The only undeniably metal song on the album is "Ending Is the Beginning", which is only because it's from the first EP (which sounds predominantly metal to my ears anyways, mind you). There are a couple of other songs that come close, like the ones that LeMiserable specifically cites, but yeah, I think you guys' time could be better spent elsewhere.
_________________
Wilytank wrote:
Aeosphorus wrote:
there are post-black metal bands such as ...Sunn O.

When did we start calling Sunn O))) black metal and how soon can we stop?

Top
 Profile  
LeMiserable
Milhouse van Houten

Joined: Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:42 am
Posts: 432
Location: Netherlands
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:44 pm 
 

Yeah i'm not at home in this, so if you say it's not more metal than the predecessor I believe you.
_________________
iamntbatman on Brainded Binky wrote:
That guy drives me up a wall for some reason. I can't get through a single one of his reviews without wanting to set fire to everything around me.

Top
 Profile  
theunrelentingattack
Not yet ready for a custom title

Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:18 pm
Posts: 731
Location: United States
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:23 pm 
 

Big fat waste of time avoided. Thanks.

Listening to Kontingent now.

Edit: re: Kontingent. I listened to all seven of those songs - based on those, I would say no. "Victorie" is fair to call metal. The second song is borderline. I get a Ramones but with more rock than punk vibe on others and maybe something similar to The Cult on other songs - either way, I think they are more rock than metal.
_________________
In a recent review: "I didn't expect any "new" record by any "new" band to blow me like this."

Top
 Profile  
AdirondackResistance
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:39 pm
Posts: 3
Location: United States
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:31 pm 
 

Hello I got rejected for HIraeth, Here is the proof of download. Thanks cheers,

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/t94hvl ... yho/shared

Top
 Profile  
theunrelentingattack
Not yet ready for a custom title

Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:18 pm
Posts: 731
Location: United States
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:35 pm 
 

AdirondackResistance wrote:
Hello I got rejected for HIraeth, Here is the proof of download. Thanks cheers,

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/t94hvl ... yho/shared


Please take the time to read the rules - I'll copy the important section here:

Official Distribution: The album must be available through an official and/or permanent (as "permanent" as Internet sites go, anyway) channel. This means sending us a link to a Mediafire-hosted .rar file is not good enough (could be faked too easily).
_________________
In a recent review: "I didn't expect any "new" record by any "new" band to blow me like this."

Top
 Profile  
AdirondackResistance
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:39 pm
Posts: 3
Location: United States
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:42 pm 
 

here is evidence of official copy.

https://www.facebook.com/Hiraethband88/ ... nt_count=1

Top
 Profile  
Azmodes
Ultranaut

Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:44 am
Posts: 5905
Location: Gradec, Austria
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:44 pm 
 

That says the first pressing isn't out until August 29th.
_________________
Quote:
One Too Many Camel was rejected on the basis that it was not metal.

Last.fm | Collection

Top
 Profile  
ironmaiden271828
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:14 pm
Posts: 3
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:07 pm 
 

Can somebody please tell me why USA Out Of Vietnam is blacklisted (I found this out while trying to add them)? I think the opening track on their new album (the track Archangel) is a good example of something similar to the kind of atmospheric sludge/post-metal of Cult of Luna (who are on the archives).

http://usaoutofvietnam.bandcamp.com/

Top
 Profile  
ironmaiden271828
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:14 pm
Posts: 3
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:08 pm 
 

Here's a link to physical copies

http://www.newdamagerecords.com/store/

Top
 Profile  
Metantoine
The XVI, dominar to over 258714 subjects

Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:00 pm
Posts: 8786
Location: Québec
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:37 pm 
 

I've seen them live (they opened for Loop!) and they never striked me as a metal band at all, a weird mix of drone, dream pop, alternative, rock and some metal but overall, not enough for the Archives. Cool band though!
_________________
PhilosophicalFrog wrote:
JESUS CRUST, I didn't know this was the goddamn pizza inquisition.

Metantoine's Magickal Realm
Last.fm
Halberd (doom/death)

Top
 Profile  
Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:46 pm
Posts: 3580
Location: At the Heat of Winter
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:39 pm 
 

Has nothing to do with the physical copies (or lack of). Not sufficiently metal. What Tony said.

Top
 Profile  
The Punisher
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:49 pm
Posts: 1
Location: United States
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:05 pm 
 

Wow!!!!! I have over 300 copies (CD format) of this release in a box, I've sent you pictures of it, and I'm still rejected ,because I want to promote this band (on your site), due to promoting this band (on your site) 2 and a half week too early??? I love this site and I'm glad to be a part of it, but GOOD LORD!!!!!, you guys make things unnecessarily difficult. I've seen bands on here with less evidence of existence than I've submitted, yet, I'm the one struggling to get an actual band, with actual hard copies (CD format) on the Archives.....odd. I guess I should have lied about it, just to be cool. See ya' in a couple weeks.

Top
 Profile  
Derigin
Anthropophagus

Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2006 6:25 am
Posts: 2546
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:06 am 
 

MA doesn't exist to be your promotional tool; it exists to be an encyclopedia of existing heavy metal works. Because of that in order for a band to be accepted as a metal addition to the site it must have already released at least one metal album. You may get upset that you must wait until the album is released beforehand, given that you want to use the site to spread your album, but that is a difference in intentions.

Top
 Profile  
Azmodes
Ultranaut

Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:44 am
Posts: 5905
Location: Gradec, Austria
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:49 am 
 

That simply cannot be stressed enough. We are an encyclopaedia archiving bands with existing releases. Archiving established, published information. We are not a news/promo site showcasing the up-and-coming side of the metal scene. Granted, we do have an "upcoming albums" section, but that is an ancillary aspect of the site, compiling info from already listed bands with already released albums. There are also strict rules for adding upcoming releases.

Anywho, simply wait until the release date. It doesn't get any more straightforward than that. If you're juvenile enough to lie about that you may get your account banned, by the way.
_________________
Quote:
One Too Many Camel was rejected on the basis that it was not metal.

Last.fm | Collection

Top
 Profile  
theneuromancer
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:09 pm
Posts: 12
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 3:14 pm 
 

The band Mellevon from Canada was blacklisted, but they are releasing a second album with a new vocalist and the style on the new album is very different form the first one. Specifically, it sounds like they are going further away from their original industrial/hardcore sound and more in a melodic death direction, though still with industrial influences (they actually have riffs now). I'm wondering if somebody can listen to the new stuff and let me know if it is still not metal. The first 6 songs on their soundcloud are from the new album.

Anyway, if someone could let me know that would be great, thanks.

https://soundcloud.com/mellevon
_________________
For progressive and melodic black metal that includes 2 languages and 2 genders, check out this link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eajVTIH5M5w

To buy the album:
http://vehemal.com/

Top
 Profile  
theneuromancer
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:09 pm
Posts: 12
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:38 pm 
 

I also think that the style of USA out of Vietnam ranges ridiculously live, but if you consider only what is actually recorded (their album) I think it could be considered metal.
_________________
For progressive and melodic black metal that includes 2 languages and 2 genders, check out this link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eajVTIH5M5w

To buy the album:
http://vehemal.com/

Top
 Profile  
RazorDick
Metal newbie

Joined: Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:34 pm
Posts: 130
Location: United States
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:19 pm 
 

I believe that Tower of Rome should be un-blacklisted. Sure their first album "All Is Lost...All Is Lost...All Is Yet To Be Found" is hardcore based grindcore but their second release "World War 1" is metal based grindcore, brutal death metal riffs to be specific.
Here is a download link so they can be reevaluated:
http://www.mediafire.com/?0885uwlxd8vtv75
Here is where the album can be bought:
http://hewhocorruptsinc.bandcamp.com/album/world-war-i

Top
 Profile  
Terrion666
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2004 6:32 pm
Posts: 27
Location: Spain
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:59 am 
 

Someone can ask me? Thanks

Terrion666 wrote:
Hi! I recieved this e-mail rejecting Burgûli:
Quote:
Sorry Terrion666, Encyclopaedia Metallum was forced to reject your submission for the band Burgûli (Spain), for the following reason:

Ambient. Not a metal band; does not belong on Encyclopaedia Metallum. Please read (or re-read) our rules next time to see what qualifies as metal.

If you want to object to this rejection, please do so in the appropriate thread in the Suggestions and Complaints sub-forum. Do not e-mail moderators directly about this.

Sincerely,
- Derigin, Encyclopaedia Metallum


Why? Ok, I've misteake labeled as Black Metal but is Ambient Black Metal. Quality of the sound and the recording is awful but you can see clearly is Ambient Black Metal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wiDmFeUQyI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H90VZ3Wit_w
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHWrLq6Yiv8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C97FCW_qnbU

Thank you very much!

Top
 Profile  
ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2007 6:10 pm
Posts: 11990
Location: United States
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:05 am 
 

RazorDick wrote:
I believe that Tower of Rome should be un-blacklisted. Sure their first album "All Is Lost...All Is Lost...All Is Yet To Be Found" is hardcore based grindcore but their second release "World War 1" is metal based grindcore, brutal death metal riffs to be specific.
Here is a download link so they can be reevaluated:
http://www.mediafire.com/?0885uwlxd8vtv75
Here is where the album can be bought:
http://hewhocorruptsinc.bandcamp.com/album/world-war-i




I'd like to say that this would be a waste of time. It's not based in brutal death metal riffs unless you are deaf and have never heard brutal death metal. Single sections of palm muted chugs aren't death metal. I have both eps and both eps are pretty similar the later one just having different and slightly beefier production.
_________________
A bunch of mp3s is not a collection of anything.
http://www.cavepaints.com <--Horrid art and musics.
http://www.facebook.com/MaulerCustomCabs <--- huge heavy/loud boxes I build.
http://speedritualrecords.storenvy.com/ Check out my music here

Top
 Profile  
Azmodes
Ultranaut

Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:44 am
Posts: 5905
Location: Gradec, Austria
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:40 am 
 

oneyoudontknow wrote:
Iseankoe: Why have Vargr from Sweden been deleted? Though it is more of dark ambient/noise now, at least 4 first releases are strictly black metal.
oneyoudontknow wrote:
http://listen.20buckspin.com/album/northern-black-supremacy
really low-fi stuff...

No opionion of a mod on this?

I'd say no, all in all. If the rest of their disco is even more ambient/noisy, yeah no...

theneuromancer wrote:
The band Mellevon from Canada was blacklisted, but they are releasing a second album with a new vocalist and the style on the new album is very different form the first one. Specifically, it sounds like they are going further away from their original industrial/hardcore sound and more in a melodic death direction, though still with industrial influences (they actually have riffs now). I'm wondering if somebody can listen to the new stuff and let me know if it is still not metal. The first 6 songs on their soundcloud are from the new album.

Anyway, if someone could let me know that would be great, thanks.

https://soundcloud.com/mellevon

I guess. But is that album released yet?

@Kontingent 88: Ah well, too borderline after all, I guess.

@Terrion666: This actually sounds ok to me. I'll talk to the mod who rejected it. EDIT: Hmmmm, actually it does seem a bit borderline...
_________________
Quote:
One Too Many Camel was rejected on the basis that it was not metal.

Last.fm | Collection

Top
 Profile  
RazorDick
Metal newbie

Joined: Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:34 pm
Posts: 130
Location: United States
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:17 am 
 

Could a second meditator listen to "World War 1", I'd like to read a second opinion. Not that I don't respect ShaolinLambKiller's opinion, I'd just like to make sure.

Top
 Profile  
Alhadis
Madder Max

Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:35 am
Posts: 3598
Location: Melbourne, Australia
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:25 am 
 

morbidass wrote:
Hi, my band Vaginal Juice (Russia) was blacklisted here. I wanted to ask why? We've released our debut album today. You can listen to it here: http://coyoterecords.bandcamp.com/album ... ic-process
Maybe I can resubmit it, if we have enough metal in our music? Cheers.

Seems like the band was originally blacklisted because some stupid or stubborn user kept trying to submit it without supplying evidence of a release.

But after having a listen to the music, however, I'm afraid your band falls VERY squarely in line with the sort of goregrind the site considers to be unacceptable: groovy punk-fuelled riffs in the vein of Napalm Death's seminal records. Not considered metal by our ruing, sorry buddy.

I WILL, however, openly admit that this music KICKS ARSE. :D
_________________
J_Ason wrote:
grinder12345 wrote:
And you says that metal is about the riffs, that is bollocks, cause then black and death bands wouldn't get accepted, cause the play termolo-riffs.

they payl termolo! not real riff!

Top
 Profile  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 275, 276, 277, 278, 279, 280, 281 ... 293  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CF_Mono and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

Back to the Encyclopaedia Metallum


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group