Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 



Reply to topic  
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Goatfangs
Wicker Mantis

Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:02 pm
Posts: 2175
Location: United States
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:16 pm 
 

Funeral doom band Thaddaeus is blacklisted.

I'm guessing because of no physical release? But the last remarks on this band that I could find on this forum were from 2012 before the digital release rule.

http://thaddaeusband.bandcamp.com/
_________________
And they'll tell you black is really white - The moon is just the sun at night - And when you walk in golden halls - You get to keep the gold that falls - It's Heaven and Hell

7|10|42-RIP-5|16|10

Top
 Profile  
Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:46 pm
Posts: 2902
Location: At the Heat of Winter
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:19 pm 
 

Nope, more ambient/acoustic/what have you than doom metal.
_________________
Vintersemestre wrote:
Must.. stop.... reading ..... Crowley after..... midnight.

http://www.myspace.com/thevala
http://www.last.fm/user/Diamhea

Top
 Profile  
Goatfangs
Wicker Mantis

Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:02 pm
Posts: 2175
Location: United States
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:37 pm 
 

3 minutes isn't enough time to discern whether 20+ minute songs are more doom metal than ambient.

Besides, the album "The Gate" has two fully doom metal songs.

Another curiosity about The Aeneid - the version I have and the version that is available on a certain website I'm probably not allowed to link here only shows three songs. In the Autumn, The Rain and The Aeneid. On their band camp there is a fourth song, Forsaken. That song isn't doom metal at all. That's about 35 percent of The Aeneid that isn't metal.

The band has four other releases in addition listed on their website.
http://www.thaddaeus.com.au/

Two of them are Concept pieces - one is called Sigh and the other (0,0,0) - Sigh as some doom metal in it but is also at least half ambient. (0,0,0) on the other hand is (surprisingly) mostly doom metal. Both are available for download.

The other two releases are "The Journey" and "The Sniper" which are both ambient.
_________________
And they'll tell you black is really white - The moon is just the sun at night - And when you walk in golden halls - You get to keep the gold that falls - It's Heaven and Hell

7|10|42-RIP-5|16|10

Top
 Profile  
Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:46 pm
Posts: 2902
Location: At the Heat of Winter
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:39 pm 
 

It's the blacklist note.
_________________
Vintersemestre wrote:
Must.. stop.... reading ..... Crowley after..... midnight.

http://www.myspace.com/thevala
http://www.last.fm/user/Diamhea

Top
 Profile  
ZombieMastah
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:38 pm
Posts: 1
Location: Poland
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:25 pm 
 

Hi
I have added a band Boys First Time with first full album released by Deformeathing Productions from Poland. It is a grindcore/mathcore band with two members from Aborted (Gilles Delecroix and Olivia Scemama). It was rejected as "not a metal band". Deformeathing Prod. are releasing only metal bands/albums. I have spoken with founder of Deformeathing Prod. and he was laughing when I told him that Boys First Time was rejected as not a metal band. I have this album, I have listened to it and I'm pretty sure it IS a metal like many other bands. It's pretty similar to Sickbag (but more grindcore style), and Sickbag IS on Metal Archives.

Top
 Profile  
Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:46 pm
Posts: 2902
Location: At the Heat of Winter
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 3:36 pm 
 

Deformeathing Prod. can freely claim they are a universally metal label all they want, they don't set the guidelines for this site; so don't get hung up on that. The blacklist note cites mathcore as the primary reason for rejection. Furthermore, the "Band X made the cut, why not band Y!?" argument doesn't hold much water either.
_________________
Vintersemestre wrote:
Must.. stop.... reading ..... Crowley after..... midnight.

http://www.myspace.com/thevala
http://www.last.fm/user/Diamhea

Top
 Profile  
Goatfangs
Wicker Mantis

Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:02 pm
Posts: 2175
Location: United States
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 3:47 pm 
 

Diamhea wrote:
It's the blacklist note.


In this case it is wrong in regards to Thaddaeus.
_________________
And they'll tell you black is really white - The moon is just the sun at night - And when you walk in golden halls - You get to keep the gold that falls - It's Heaven and Hell

7|10|42-RIP-5|16|10

Top
 Profile  
Azmodes
Ultranaut

Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:44 am
Posts: 5563
Location: Gradec, Austria
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:19 pm 
 

Megrimmtroll wrote:
Hello the band I tried to submit Signalfeide, was rejected because it was classed "not a valid release" Admittedly it was slighty under twenty minutes, however it was from an official source the bands record label. :) They do have another release "Midnight Sun" that clocks in over twenty two minutes. floodgatemoodsproductions.bandcamp.com/album/midnight-sun The album has artwork, credits and is a full album. Would this be enough to resubmit? Thank you :)

Should be fine, provided the music is also acceptable. I see you already resubmitted, the band will be reviewed soon.

Abethedemon wrote:
The band I submitted, Dayglo Abortions was rejected on being a hardcore punk band. I think that they have crossover thrash elements and some metal riffs. I do know that metal elements do not a metal band make, and this band was probably rejected for not having 100% metal albums, but I would like to know more regardless.

Well, you pretty much said it yourself. They have crossover elements, but they sounded like a thrashy punk band to me, not the other way around. Other mods, feel free to comment.

controldenied0 wrote:
Ok fair enough ha.
Can I make an argument appealing for a blacklisted band? Then i'll leave you alone forever! :)

The band is 'Exist' from the US.
They are fronted by the second guitarist in Cynic, Max Phelps who also recently took the place of Chuck Schuldiner on the most recent/current incarnation of Death on the Death to All tour.
They have an initial EP that is here and came out in 2010: http://existmd.bandcamp.com/album/in-mirrors-ep
I picked up their newest album when I saw the Death show last November and it is definitively more metal than their initial EP which is very prog and fusion based ala Focus era Cynic.
The new album is much heavier and riff heavy. Only a few songs are online, otherwise i'd be happy to put up a private stream for a moderator.
Here is one song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGP1MqZfWb0
I mean there is a bit of djent in the songs which sucks there but for the most part it is straight up death metal. Heavier than some of the cynic affiliated bands approved for EM, like Exivious (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCoEWrmAYnM) and less djent heavy than approved bands like Veil Of Maya.
Another song is here which could be described as trippy death metal, or just jazzy. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbRk7wYn5AY
It might have other jazzy and psychedelic influences but it is metal. Blasting, chugging riffs, growls.
It'd be great if they got approved because I very much think they're a great band and should belong on EM.
Other members in the band have played in The Jeff Loomis band.

Thanks for reading.

I'm too drunk right now to try and give a coherent assessment/response regarding borderline prog/djent (a quick listen sounded riffy, though), but just letting you know that your post isn't being ignored. Will get to it.

Goatfangs wrote:
In this case it is wrong in regards to Thaddaeus.

The blacklist note was written by me and is from late 2012. Perhaps the 2012 release wasn't considered? No idea, but I agree with you. What I'm hearing sounds metal enough, funeral doom with some ambient sections. Unblacklisted.
_________________
theunrelentingattack wrote:
i've whitelisted Whores

Last.fm | Collection

Top
 Profile  
Goatfangs
Wicker Mantis

Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:02 pm
Posts: 2175
Location: United States
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 5:12 pm 
 

Azmodes wrote:
The blacklist note was written by me and is from late 2012. Perhaps the 2012 release wasn't considered? No idea, but I agree with you. What I'm hearing sounds metal enough, funeral doom with some ambient sections. Unblacklisted.


Thanks! Submitted.
_________________
And they'll tell you black is really white - The moon is just the sun at night - And when you walk in golden halls - You get to keep the gold that falls - It's Heaven and Hell

7|10|42-RIP-5|16|10

Top
 Profile  
controldenied0
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:52 pm
Posts: 9
Location: United Kingdom
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 7:41 pm 
 

Azmodes wrote:
I'm too drunk right now to try and give a coherent assessment/response regarding borderline prog/djent (a quick listen sounded riffy, though), but just letting you know that your post isn't being ignored. Will get to it.


Cool cheers. Thanks for confirming ha.

Top
 Profile  
Rasc
Metal newbie

Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:19 am
Posts: 172
Location: Brazil
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:20 am 
 

Shouldn't Gulag (BRA), be accepted? I mean, I understand many of their songs aren't metal, but shouldn't their bigger part of DSBM songs count?

http://gulag-dsbm.bandcamp.com/

Top
 Profile  
theunrelentingattack
Not yet ready for a custom title

Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:18 pm
Posts: 653
Location: United States
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:03 am 
 

Re: gulag - the black list note says that the releases are more ambient than black metal but close enough to evaluate future releases. Since I see there is a new one, I'll give it a listen later today.
_________________
In a recent review: "I didn't expect any "new" record by any "new" band to blow me like this."

Top
 Profile  
TheLoneForest
Metal newbie

Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:16 pm
Posts: 40
Location: United States
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:28 am 
 

Fatal Nostalgia is a blackgaze project that hasn't been submitted yet because they aren't on the blacklist.

Mind if I submit them?

http://fatalnostalgia.bandcamp.com/album/nocturnes

Top
 Profile  
Azmodes
Ultranaut

Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:44 am
Posts: 5563
Location: Gradec, Austria
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:48 am 
 

If you think they meet our guidelines, submit them. This isn't the "Would band X get approved or not?" thread, that's what the band queue is for.
_________________
theunrelentingattack wrote:
i've whitelisted Whores

Last.fm | Collection

Top
 Profile  
Rasc
Metal newbie

Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:19 am
Posts: 172
Location: Brazil
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:52 am 
 

Should I try to submit it later?

Top
 Profile  
theunrelentingattack
Not yet ready for a custom title

Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:18 pm
Posts: 653
Location: United States
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:03 pm 
 

Rasc wrote:
Should I try to submit it later?


I've unblacklisted them - there's finally enough metal in this to warrant their inclusion. Go ahead and submit.
_________________
In a recent review: "I didn't expect any "new" record by any "new" band to blow me like this."

Top
 Profile  
Azmodes
Ultranaut

Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:44 am
Posts: 5563
Location: Gradec, Austria
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:35 am 
 

controldenied0, not really sure about Exist. It's quite focused on the technicality/progressive parts, less so death metal riffs. At this point I'd say no, but I may ask for more opinions from the staff. EDIT: Another mod agrees that it's not predominantly metal.
_________________
theunrelentingattack wrote:
i've whitelisted Whores

Last.fm | Collection

Top
 Profile  
controldenied0
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:52 pm
Posts: 9
Location: United Kingdom
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:30 pm 
 

Azmodes wrote:
controldenied0, not really sure about Exist. It's quite focused on the technicality/progressive parts, less so death metal riffs. At this point I'd say no, but I may ask for more opinions from the staff. EDIT: Another mod agrees that it's not predominantly metal.

Ah shit, that sucks. Was really hoping they'd get through.
You don't reckon there's definitely some direct metal influence there? It's not like its straight up jazz fusion. It just heavily leans that way, played by metal musicians.
They'd definitely consider themselves a metal band. They've just gone over the edge for a heavily ethereal jazz-influenced improv angle. It's kind of the whole appeal of the band, never heard it done so interestingly before, compared to (what i consider) boring fusion/metal bands like Exivious - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCoEWrmAYnM who are substantially much less metal then Exist but who've gotten through to EM.
If it is possible at all to get some other mod's opinions, that'd be awesome, i'd really appreciate that, but obviously it's not a priority ha.
Thanks for the response.
EDIT: didn't see your edit. Oh well, thanks anyway!

Top
 Profile  
tothegravemetal
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:15 am
Posts: 1
Location: Australia
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:26 am 
 

To The Grave (Australia) has been blacklisted. New release is much more metal than the previous EP. You can hear the stream of the album here:

https://soundcloud.com/to-the-grave/set ... resistance

Also the vocalist of To Engineer An Exorcist has just replaced our vocalist from the record - they are listed on the site.

Please consider lifting the blacklist. Thanks

Top
 Profile  
Azmodes
Ultranaut

Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:44 am
Posts: 5563
Location: Gradec, Austria
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 3:39 am 
 

That release was already reviewed earlier this month, sorry. Too -core.
_________________
theunrelentingattack wrote:
i've whitelisted Whores

Last.fm | Collection

Top
 Profile  
Zerstorer1611
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:33 am
Posts: 7
Location: Mexico
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:52 am 
 

Hello, the Progressive Extreme Metal project "The Conjuration" has been blacklisted, and apparently it complies with MA's guidelines.

Has 3 full-length albums *digital*
Has metal riffs and IS riff-based. (it does have a lot of non-metal influences but it is definitely metal)
Is signed to a metal label (swimming with sharks)

http://theconjuration.bandcamp.com/album/surreal You can listen to their latest album here.

Top
 Profile  
MeavyHetal
Metal newbie

Joined: Sat Oct 14, 2006 5:54 pm
Posts: 171
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:53 am 
 

The new Killwhitneydead record was released June 10th. They've taken on a much larger melodic death metal influence. Here is the album in full.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1u_Ujrvi ... bIaC-vABXL

Top
 Profile  
Azmodes
Ultranaut

Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:44 am
Posts: 5563
Location: Gradec, Austria
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:00 am 
 

Zerstorer1611 wrote:
Hello, the Progressive Extreme Metal project "The Conjuration" has been blacklisted, and apparently it complies with MA's guidelines.

Has 3 full-length albums *digital*
Has metal riffs and IS riff-based. (it does have a lot of non-metal influences but it is definitely metal)
Is signed to a metal label (swimming with sharks)

http://theconjuration.bandcamp.com/album/surreal You can listen to their latest album here.

Try using the search function next time. This was addressed not too long ago.

MeavyHetal wrote:
The new Killwhitneydead record was released June 10th. They've taken on a much larger melodic death metal influence. Here is the album in full.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1u_Ujrvi ... bIaC-vABXL

Hm maybe...
_________________
theunrelentingattack wrote:
i've whitelisted Whores

Last.fm | Collection

Top
 Profile  
Metal Pakistuf
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:03 pm
Posts: 13
Location: Mexico
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:49 pm 
 

The reason they gave me was: "Not a metal band; does not belong on Encyclopaedia Metallum", but if you listen to this songs, you can notice that it is metal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFmwFxgg-q4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCD_7mxvLhE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYJiycL8p5I

Top
 Profile  
MasterOfSin
Metal newbie

Joined: Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:24 am
Posts: 141
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:05 am 
 

Hi,
it's posible to unblacklist Poemisia from Italy i had listen his album La Danza delli spiriti and seem to me a good
Symphonic gothic metal album?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVbm3sxuznY

Thanks.
_________________
.-.. --- -. --. / .-.. .. ...- . / .... . .- ...- -.-- / -- . - .- .-..

Top
 Profile  
Azmodes
Ultranaut

Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:44 am
Posts: 5563
Location: Gradec, Austria
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:30 am 
 

Metal Pakistuf wrote:
The reason they gave me was: "Not a metal band; does not belong on Encyclopaedia Metallum", but if you listen to this songs, you can notice that it is metal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFmwFxgg-q4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCD_7mxvLhE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYJiycL8p5I

One atmospheric black metal/ambient track, one ambient track and one mostly ambient track. From these samples it appears that the band is not focused on the metal part of ambient/bm.

MasterOfSin wrote:
Hi,
it's posible to unblacklist Poemisia from Italy i had listen his album La Danza delli spiriti and seem to me a good
Symphonic gothic metal album?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVbm3sxuznY

Thanks.

Earlier material was more rock-based apparently, but this sounds ok. You can submit them.
_________________
theunrelentingattack wrote:
i've whitelisted Whores

Last.fm | Collection

Top
 Profile  
MasterOfSin
Metal newbie

Joined: Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:24 am
Posts: 141
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:35 am 
 

Azmodes wrote:
MasterOfSin wrote:
Hi,
it's posible to unblacklist Poemisia from Italy i had listen his album La Danza delli spiriti and seem to me a good
Symphonic gothic metal album?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVbm3sxuznY

Thanks.

Earlier material was more rock-based apparently, but this sounds ok. You can submit them.


Ok.
I din't know their earlier material, but i like the new one.
_________________
.-.. --- -. --. / .-.. .. ...- . / .... . .- ...- -.-- / -- . - .- .-..

Top
 Profile  
MetalCuresHeadaches
Metalhead

Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:35 pm
Posts: 546
Location: United States
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:47 am 
 

Whores., the US noise/sludge band. I assume they're blacklisted for more noise than metal, but was their 2014 split with Rabbits considered when they were judged?

Stream: http://whores.bandcamp.com/track/jumpin ... lses-train
_________________
One part the Führer, one part the Pope

Top
 Profile  
DarcX
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:20 am
Posts: 3
Location: Louisiana, United States
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:33 pm 
 

I noticed that the band Corelia is black-listed. The release looks pretty valid; a proper distributor, valid tracklisting, album art, etc. So, I assume the reason that it's black-listed is because it isn't "metal enough."

I apologize, but I fail to see the reason behind this. Their songs are clearly riff-based, especially Treetops, Aviations, and Blood Petals. They certainly don't come off as just rock to me, and there's definitely no -core influence here. I just think there can be more consideration into the "metal-ness" of this release.

If the reason for the black-listing is something other than "metal-ness;" I may have missed a detail with the release, or something along those lines, then I apologize in advance. Thank you for your time.

Top
 Profile  
theunrelentingattack
Not yet ready for a custom title

Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:18 pm
Posts: 653
Location: United States
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:51 pm 
 

Re: whores - exactly right on the reason but no date listed so I'm unsure. I'll take a listen.
Re: Corelia - labeled as progressive post-hardcore. That's not something I listen to so I'll let another mod take that one if they care to.
_________________
In a recent review: "I didn't expect any "new" record by any "new" band to blow me like this."

Top
 Profile  
GUROMETAL
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:05 pm
Posts: 1
Location: Brazil
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:04 pm 
 

Why the Japanese band BABYMETAL is blacklisted? I think they're metal enough to be here. Metal isn't only about Death, Satanic things or whatever. If you think they're not metal only 'cuz the main members are three teen girls, sorry but you don't know what metal is. Have you ever HEARD any of they songs? The instrumental is metalish as f*ck. If they were 3 boys doing death growls and banging-to-death, they were allowed here? Sorry, I can't understand you reason to blacklist the band.

Top
 Profile  
Azmodes
Ultranaut

Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:44 am
Posts: 5563
Location: Gradec, Austria
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:22 pm 
 

GUROMETAL wrote:
Why the Japanese band BABYMETAL is blacklisted? I think they're metal enough to be here. Metal isn't only about Death, Satanic things or whatever. If you think they're not metal only 'cuz the main members are three teen girls, sorry but you don't know what metal is. Have you ever HEARD any of they songs? The instrumental is metalish as f*ck. If they were 3 boys doing death growls and banging-to-death, they were allowed here? Sorry, I can't understand you reason to blacklist the band.

Use the search function next time. It has nothing to do with the members. We judge bands based on music, not image or themes. People seem to be unable to get that simple, obvious fact into their thick heads. Probably because it makes for great strawman raw material, as your post shows.
_________________
theunrelentingattack wrote:
i've whitelisted Whores

Last.fm | Collection

Top
 Profile  
MutantClannfear
Metalhead

Joined: Thu May 27, 2010 12:12 am
Posts: 2097
Location: United States
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 4:31 pm 
 

Is there a consensus on Killwhitneydead yet? I listened to a portion of the new album myself out of curiosity and it really does sound pretty undeniably metal to my ears. I'd be excited to have them here. :D

EDIT: Just realized it's only been two days. :oh shit: Could've sworn it was a week, have I really been thinking about it that much?
_________________
            
TrogDawn wrote:
Azmodes wrote:
What's with the orange, dude?

Personal trademark. I've been posting in orange since I started frequenting forums in 2002. You'll always remember me because I'm the guy who posts in orange

Top
 Profile  
TheGrimWombat
Nelson Wannabe

Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2006 3:06 am
Posts: 1402
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:49 pm 
 

We all know that I surely only have been thinking about Killwhitneydead.
_________________
Successful deals: Metalrecords, screamingskulls1313, Gogsi (x2), Kovner, Lord_Elden, sehaitt, blutkvlts, Matty_The_Emo_Slayer, einvolk, Madcow

Top
 Profile  
BrainMatter
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Sat May 17, 2014 6:52 pm
Posts: 1
Location: United States
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 3:16 am 
 

Joe from Cursed Altar here...

http://azurahblackmetal.bandcamp.com/al ... ess-single (Soulless - Single)

http://azurahblackmetal.bandcamp.com/album/void-eternal (VOID.ETERNAL. - EP)

https://churchdust.bandcamp.com/album/f ... ame-single (For the Wind Calls My Name - EP)

http://azurahblackmetal.bandcamp.com/al ... -shall-die (Most recently 'The Light Shall Die - EP)

Top
 Profile  
Azmodes
Ultranaut

Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:44 am
Posts: 5563
Location: Gradec, Austria
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 5:43 am 
 

Killwhitneydead can now be submitted.
_________________
theunrelentingattack wrote:
i've whitelisted Whores

Last.fm | Collection

Top
 Profile  
kluseba
Metal newbie

Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:36 am
Posts: 104
Location: Germany
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:14 pm 
 

I just want to know if the following band is considered metal enough to be submitted to the archives:

https://harryscode.bandcamp.com/album/s ... nd-ladders

If it's the case, I will submit them. If it's not the case, I have no problem with this either.

Top
 Profile  
BastardHead
Magic Mike

Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2005 7:53 pm
Posts: 5073
Location: Oswego, Illinois
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:19 pm 
 

It's been said before that this thread is not for preliminary checkups. The idea is for the moderation process to do it's thing, not for you to want to risk losing the effort on a rejection so just to be safe you ask here first. Sorry man, that's just a roundabout way of trying to cut in line, and believe me when I say that none of us like it. If you think they're metal, submit them. If you even need to ask first, you should ask yourself again if you even think they're metal enough. If you're unsure, that's probably your brain's way of telling you that you know it's not gonna pass the acid test.
_________________
Lair of the Bastard: LATEST REVIEW: Arch Enemy - War Eternal

Top
 Profile  
kluseba
Metal newbie

Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:36 am
Posts: 104
Location: Germany
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:32 pm 
 

All I'm asking for is somebody who spends two minutes listening to this. By the time you answered my request, you could have already done it. The site standards are not always consistent. Sometimes bands go through that I thought would be too "mallcore" as you call it while other bands where I'm sure they would pass just don't because of their lack of "metalness" as you call it. I have done the reflections you have just mentioned and If I was completely sure about the answer, I wouldn't ask. It's better for a moderator to spend two minutes listening and giving an answer than a user spending an hour adding all information about a band just to see his efforts being rejected. It's less work for everyone: the user doesn't need to submit the band, the moderators have less useless bands in the queue etc. If you guys don't have two minutes, then it's okay and I'm simply not going to try.

Top
 Profile  
BastardHead
Magic Mike

Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2005 7:53 pm
Posts: 5073
Location: Oswego, Illinois
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:38 pm 
 

kluseba wrote:
All I'm asking for is somebody who spends two minutes listening to this. By the time you answered my request, you could have already done it. The site standards are not always consistent. Sometimes bands go through that I thought would be too "mallcore" as you call it while other bands where I'm sure they would pass just don't because of their lack of "metalness" as you call it. I have done the reflections you have just mentioned and If I was completely sure about the answer, I wouldn't ask. It's better for a moderator to spend two minutes listening and giving an answer than a user spending an hour adding all information about a band just to see his efforts being rejected. It's less work for everyone: the user doesn't need to submit the band, the moderators have less useless bands in the queue etc. If you guys don't have two minutes, then it's okay and I'm simply not going to try.


We spend those two minutes when you put it in the queue and wait patiently with everybody else. You don't get to cut in line. Put in the work and risk rejection, or don't bother and don't add the band. Your choice.
_________________
Lair of the Bastard: LATEST REVIEW: Arch Enemy - War Eternal

Top
 Profile  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 272, 273, 274, 275, 276, 277, 278 ... 280  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

Back to the Encyclopaedia Metallum


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group