Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 



Reply to topic  
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Unitron
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:35 pm
Posts: 7
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:37 pm 
 

Ok,I can agree with that.

It IS true that they don't remain consistent,being a pretty experimental band.

Sorry to bother you. :|

Top
 Profile  
Unitron
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:35 pm
Posts: 7
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:40 pm 
 

Sorry for another post,I hope this doesn't seem rude. :)

I see that the band Haken is on this site,and Haken is very similar to Porcupine Tree.
Sorry if it seems like I'm trying to change minds,I'm just wanting to understand fully :)

Why is Haken on this site if Porcupine Tree isn't allowed?

Top
 Profile  
Obscurum
Emperor of the Shadows

Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:23 am
Posts: 378
Location: United States
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:00 pm 
 

Unitron wrote:
Sorry for another post,I hope this doesn't seem rude. :)

I see that the band Haken is on this site,and Haken is very similar to Porcupine Tree.
Sorry if it seems like I'm trying to change minds,I'm just wanting to understand fully :)

Why is Haken on this site if Porcupine Tree isn't allowed?

For questions about bands already on the site as well as cases for deletion, please use this thread. The current one we're in is for bands not yet/potentially never to be on here.
_________________
... We shall piss on your graves, kill your women, rape your daughters and torture your soul until eternity ends.

Top
 Profile  
Unitron
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:35 pm
Posts: 7
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:06 pm 
 

Thank You for your time. :)

Top
 Profile  
jasonkasioptas
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:45 pm
Posts: 3
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 11:50 pm 
 

i have been redirected to this area in order to say that i need to add my mates band called Thelemite. they are a metal band from Greece - but it tells me that it is blacklisted... can you please unblock it ? i can provide you with links etc...

Top
 Profile  
TheLoneForest
Metal newbie

Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:16 pm
Posts: 40
Location: United States
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 6:14 pm 
 

I know my band "A Perfect Day" got rejected from MA by the metalness of my first LP, but I plan on releasing an EP in July. Yes, the album is very feminine looking and the song titles are like Sleeping Peonies x300 on the sappy, girly factor, but this album now has blast beats and no acoustic guitars. It is also a bit more orchestraic and symphonic.

Give it a listen and tell me what you think: http://aperfectday.bandcamp.com/

Top
 Profile  
Metantoine
The XVI, dominar to over 258714 subjects

Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:00 pm
Posts: 8444
Location: Québec
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 6:45 pm 
 

This is like 2,5% metal, sorry dude. Only the third track has some metal influences (no riffs though).
_________________
Metantoine's Magickal Realm
Last.fm
Halberd (doom/death)

Top
 Profile  
Hisie
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:40 am
Posts: 8
Location: El Salvador
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 10:32 pm 
 

I ask again...

Can be considered Valfunde as a side-project of Amesoeurs and Peste Noire members??

They produced one Vinyl split, with a label.
With world wide distributio..

And Neige and Famine are notable french artist.. I think..

those are the requeriments for a Side-project..

Please reconsider it!

Top
 Profile  
Haubentaucherwelpe
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Sun May 09, 2010 1:14 pm
Posts: 1
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 10:49 am 
 

Hi!
Concerning the second rejection of COAGULATION from Hamburg/Germany: Since I've got the physical CD at home, I've included pics of the CD here:
Image
In addition, here's a review of the CD:
http://www.voicesfromthedarkside.de/Alb ... -9131.html
Greetings,
Haubentaucherwelpe

Top
 Profile  
Worthless_Dream
Metal newbie

Joined: Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:15 pm
Posts: 53
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 2:58 pm 
 

Hisie wrote:
I ask again...

Can be considered Valfunde as a side-project of Amesoeurs and Peste Noire members??

They produced one Vinyl split, with a label.
With world wide distributio..

And Neige and Famine are notable french artist.. I think..

those are the requeriments for a Side-project..

Please reconsider it!

Yeah I thought they were here already, but in any case I know the side-project rule is case by case but Old Silver Key is here and it is also a "Neige-other metal band" side project.

Top
 Profile  
theRottingPoet
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:16 am
Posts: 4
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 4:02 pm 
 

Azmodes wrote:
theRottingPoet wrote:
I submitted Black Monolith today and it was rejected for the following reason "Seems more like black-ish crust/punk, not a metal band; does not belong on Encyclopaedia Metallum."
I'll concede that their debut 3 song demo does constitute a very crust punk-based approach, but the new full-length, Passenger, is definitely a metal album, incorporating a much wider swath of influences. The songs have punky sections but overall seem based from metal unlike the demo.
http://www.stereogum.com/1675286/stream ... um-stream/
here's the link to the advance stream for consideration.
thanks, appreciate it.

Seems to be so, but the album isn't out until late April. Please wait until it is available and then post here about removing it from the blacklist.

hey, wanted to bring this to attention again, cool if I resubmit?

Top
 Profile  
zaruyache
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Thu May 01, 2014 8:15 pm
Posts: 2
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 10:24 pm 
 

Azmodes wrote:
hey, wanted to bring this to attention again, cool if I resubmit?


Any follow-up on this? As far as I can tell, Passenger is definitely a black metal record.

Top
 Profile  
unicron666
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:04 am
Posts: 6
Location: Australia
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 11:17 am 
 

the band i submitted bury the fallen was rejected for not being a metal band, when they are a metalcore band, why arnt they considered metal?

Top
 Profile  
Subrick
Metal freak

Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:27 pm
Posts: 5711
Location: United States
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 12:27 pm 
 

In listening to the first song of theirs listed on Youtube, they've got pretty much no metal in them. It's all core. The whole song is just a bunch of breakdowns with a few hardcore-ish sections in between.
_________________
YouTube
Facebook
Sorrowseed Melodic Extreme Metal
Blacksoul Seraphim Doomgaze
Thy Ancient Crypt Blackened Death Metal

Top
 Profile  
witchy
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2008 9:08 pm
Posts: 10
Location: Guatemala
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 3:32 pm 
 

I don't understand why Ab Eterno (Guatemala) is black listed.

If someone can explain me , I will be thankfull.

Ab Eterno member.

Top
 Profile  
cweed
Metal newbie

Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2004 7:48 pm
Posts: 387
Location: United States
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 8:47 am 
 

Sorry if this has been brought up before, but why was Atlantis (Netherlands) blacklisted? I guess I could see why they might not be "metal enough", but to my ears they just sound like Cult of Luna or Isis but without vocals. Check out the songs "Raptor", "And She Drops the 7th Veil", or even "Widowmaker" off of their album "Omens". I hope you agree!!

Source:
http://atlantis.bandcamp.com/
_________________
Malicious Intent Blog - interviews, reviews, reflections, etc.

http://maliciousintent666.blogspot.com/

Top
 Profile  
mhannruttokatz
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:42 am
Posts: 6
Location: Italy
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 1:19 pm 
 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Om9ATZPCUk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCQQLtTede0

hi Friends, i would gentle ask "why", the Greek Band, Tardive Dyskinesia
could/should be Blacklisted.
i think they sounds not so much different from Gojira..
part of Meshuggah. :)
not to push or insist - just as curiosity :)

i include two video Links

Friendly, Cheerz
Salvo

p.s.
maybe it's me that i am excessively ..openminded :D
to You Friends

p.s. 2
i am never in this part of the site;
i previously apologize - if it was already a topic

p.s. 3
sorry so much for "the mess of the new topic"
hoping now is ok :)

ciaoo

Top
 Profile  
forgottendeity
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:11 am
Posts: 2
Location: Poland
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 2:30 pm 
 

Hello. I tried to submit my band Forgotten Deity (Poland), but it is blacklisted. I released one album - Silent Forest through Le Crepuscule du Soir Productions. Music is atmospheric ambient black metal inspired by such bands as Lustre. Here is the link to the site of the label where you can find evidence of the release http://lecrepusculedusoir.yolasite.com/ ... leases.php
There are as well some reviews of my album on net, on black metal zines
Why is my band blacklisted ?

Top
 Profile  
Corpse555
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2004 7:08 pm
Posts: 14
Location: United States
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 2:46 pm 
 

Jotenheim - Bronx, NY resubmitted w the bandcamp link, where you can DL their EP, in accordance w the rules of their release.

http://jotunheimblackmetal.bandcamp.com/releases

Top
 Profile  
Corpse555
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2004 7:08 pm
Posts: 14
Location: United States
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 3:50 pm 
 

on Jotunheim - Bronx, NY

Rejected a 2nd time because it doesn't pass the 20 minute mark, but clocks in at 17:53, just about 2 mins shy. Don't know what else to really do about this. The band themselves says this is an EP and has them for free DL's. It's not a single, nor is it a Demo unless you want it to be registered as a demo to be downloaded.

Top
 Profile  
Zodijackyl
Lazy Wizard

Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:39 pm
Posts: 4701
Location: United States
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 12:28 am 
 

Haubentaucherwelpe wrote:
Hi!
Concerning the second rejection of COAGULATION from Hamburg/Germany: Since I've got the physical CD at home, I've included pics of the CD here:
Image


Where can the CD be purchased? If there's some proof of distribution that you can link, then resubmit it.

unicron666 wrote:
the band i submitted bury the fallen was rejected for not being a metal band, when they are a metalcore band, why arnt they considered metal?


Hardcore/deathcore.

witchy wrote:
I don't understand why Ab Eterno (Guatemala) is black listed.


Not metal, no valid release.
"Bedroom wannabe-black metal, maybe one riff in it all for a short time, mostly mindless strumming, 3 /7 ambient tracks, 10 copies."

cweed wrote:
Sorry if this has been brought up before, but why was Atlantis (Netherlands) blacklisted? I guess I could see why they might not be "metal enough", but to my ears they just sound like Cult of Luna or Isis but without vocals. Check out the songs "Raptor", "And She Drops the 7th Veil", or even "Widowmaker" off of their album "Omens". I hope you agree!!

Source:
http://atlantis.bandcamp.com/


Blacklisted as post-rock. I'm not very good with the post- stuff so I won't be the one to judge it.

mhannruttokatz wrote:
hi Friends, i would gentle ask "why", the Greek Band, Tardive Dyskinesia
could/should be Blacklisted.


Some sort of djent/technical metalcore.

forgottendeity wrote:
Hello. I tried to submit my band Forgotten Deity (Poland), but it is blacklisted. I released one album - Silent Forest through Le Crepuscule du Soir Productions. Music is atmospheric ambient black metal inspired by such bands as Lustre. Here is the link to the site of the label where you can find evidence of the release http://lecrepusculedusoir.yolasite.com/ ... leases.php
There are as well some reviews of my album on net, on black metal zines
Why is my band blacklisted ?


Ambient, not metal, according to the blacklist note.

theRottingPoet wrote:
Azmodes wrote:
Seems to be so, but the album isn't out until late April. Please wait until it is available and then post here about removing it from the blacklist.

hey, wanted to bring this to attention again, cool if I resubmit?


Sounds like a mix of crust punk, Orchid's emoviolence style, and Deafheaven's post-black style. I'm not 100% sure I'd call it predominantly metal based on a brief sampling, but I've removed it from the blacklist as Azmodes seemed to think it was suitable.

Corpse555 wrote:
on Jotunheim - Bronx, NY

Rejected a 2nd time because it doesn't pass the 20 minute mark, but clocks in at 17:53, just about 2 mins shy. Don't know what else to really do about this. The band themselves says this is an EP and has them for free DL's. It's not a single, nor is it a Demo unless you want it to be registered as a demo to be downloaded.


Well that's certainly not a full-length as the rules mention:

"Length of material: The album must be a full-length. There is no hard-defined cut-off, as that would be arbitrary: a good guideline, however, would be roughly 30 minutes of original material. This is to avoid the kind of bands that have a lazy "promo single", or a "3 song EP", of which 2 are covers, for instance. Expect moderator discretion for evaluating this. An EP may be accepted depending on the situation. Two EPs are better than one, for sure."

Top
 Profile  
forgottendeity
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:11 am
Posts: 2
Location: Poland
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 4:01 am 
 

If Forgotten Deity is only ambient and not black metal, why Lustre is not blacklisted too ? The same genre - black metal guitars, drums, vocals + ambient influences

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbP_lu9S00M
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GXSN7RQo9s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jq-HayS-ivI

If you have no time to listen to whole tracks, just move it to the part where the guitars, drums and vocals start. It is atmospheric black metal. I suppose someone listened to old tracks and judged it by that, or someone did not bother to listen to the moment where metal part starts.

For black metal zines and for the label it seemed black metal enough

Top
 Profile  
cweed
Metal newbie

Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2004 7:48 pm
Posts: 387
Location: United States
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 9:59 am 
 

cweed wrote:
Sorry if this has been brought up before, but why was Atlantis (Netherlands) blacklisted? I guess I could see why they might not be "metal enough", but to my ears they just sound like Cult of Luna or Isis but without vocals. Check out the songs "Raptor", "And She Drops the 7th Veil", or even "Widowmaker" off of their album "Omens". I hope you agree!!

Source:
http://atlantis.bandcamp.com/


Zodijackyl wrote:
Blacklisted as post-rock. I'm not very good with the post- stuff so I won't be the one to judge it.


I understand why someone might have blacklisted it, but that's why I was hoping there would be a mod available who IS able to judge it can either agree or disagree with me that this band is "metal enough". ;)
_________________
Malicious Intent Blog - interviews, reviews, reflections, etc.

http://maliciousintent666.blogspot.com/

Top
 Profile  
Azmodes
Ultranaut

Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:44 am
Posts: 5563
Location: Gradec, Austria
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 10:24 am 
 

^It was blacklisted by Doomsday in December 2013. Checked "Omens" just now and it seems to be on the heavier side of post-rock/atmospheric soundscapes, but still post-rock.
_________________
theunrelentingattack wrote:
i've whitelisted Whores

Last.fm | Collection

Top
 Profile  
Corpse555
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2004 7:08 pm
Posts: 14
Location: United States
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 11:19 am 
 

Continuing on this post: Jotunheim - Bronx, NY

Yes those are valid points on lazy bands who just cover tracks for fillers, and I do agree they SHOULD NOT be included into the Metal Archives website.

This definitely is not a full-length, I never claimed it was anything more than an EP, but they are all original tunes. They have more stuff available on youtube or 'garage' demos (which according to the guidelines are not allowed).

The following was the reasons for rejection:

"If this is only digital as it seems - it's not long enough to be a valid release."

With all due respect, I fail to see why these guys are being declined just because their EP is only 3 tracks and only about 2 mins short.

"Digital and available for full download: must also be a finished/final mix (no garage rehearsals or rough mixes), AND long enough (preferably over 20 minutes)"

Mentioned above are the guidelines for valid digital only releases, says "preferably" doesn't mean it's mandatory.

"DIGITAL-ONLY RELEASES: Include links to sites like Bandcamp, iTunes, Amazon, etc, to where the release can be purchased or downloaded."

Place that it can be downloaded or obtained. Bandcamp link was posted up: http://jotunheimblackmetal.bandcamp.com/ additionally, the quality of the recordings are mixed / mastered and finished products. The band did their work in paying to have this all recorded in NY and mixed / mastered in France.



Corpse555 wrote:
on Jotunheim - Bronx, NY

Rejected a 2nd time because it doesn't pass the 20 minute mark, but clocks in at 17:53, just about 2 mins shy. Don't know what else to really do about this. The band themselves says this is an EP and has them for free DL's. It's not a single, nor is it a Demo unless you want it to be registered as a demo to be downloaded.


Well that's certainly not a full-length as the rules mention:

"Length of material: The album must be a full-length. There is no hard-defined cut-off, as that would be arbitrary: a good guideline, however, would be roughly 30 minutes of original material. This is to avoid the kind of bands that have a lazy "promo single", or a "3 song EP", of which 2 are covers, for instance. Expect moderator discretion for evaluating this. An EP may be accepted depending on the situation. Two EPs are better than one, for sure."[/quote]

Top
 Profile  
Azmodes
Ultranaut

Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:44 am
Posts: 5563
Location: Gradec, Austria
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 12:06 pm 
 

Accepting digital EPs or demos should be seen as an exception with a number of other factors contributing, not something that can be solely based around the term "preferably" in the rules whenever one desires. In this particular case, we have a self-released EP with reasonable (to my ears) sound quality and distribution, but rather short duration and no cover art on Bandcamp, no digital booklet included, etc... So I won't argue with rejecting it, at best this band is scraping the lower bounds of our guidelines.

We either have certain lower limits for this or we do not have them. There will always be cases below those limits and we will/should be reluctant to go even lower each and every time. I'm not saying that our guidelines for digital releases are always ideal for measuring "worthy" bands, but there has to be some standard for this particular medium.
_________________
theunrelentingattack wrote:
i've whitelisted Whores

Last.fm | Collection

Top
 Profile  
Corpse555
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2004 7:08 pm
Posts: 14
Location: United States
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 12:15 pm 
 

Azmodes wrote:
Accepting digital EPs or demos should be seen as an exception with a number of other factors contributing, not something that can be solely based around the term "preferably" in the rules whenever one desires. In this particular case, we have a self-released EP with reasonable (to my ears) sound quality and distribution, but rather short duration and no cover art on Bandcamp, no digital booklet included, etc... So I won't argue with rejecting it, at best this band is scraping the lower bounds of our guidelines.

We either have certain lower limits for this or we do not have them. There will always be cases below those limits and we will/should be reluctant to go even lower each and every time. I'm not saying that our guidelines for digital releases are ideal for measuring "worthy" bands, but there has to be some standard for this particular medium.



Alright, sounds reasonable, so if I asked them to update their bandcamp with the artwork and info as such. Would it be acceptable? I do know the front man personally for over 10 years.

Also, say later down the road these guys release more things, are we to say that some of their official releases will be ignored due to the length of some EPs being under certain minutes (yet still longer than Haunting the Chapel's original release length in minutes)? I know they've given out CDs w/ their EP on it while playing live with Morbid Angel in NYC.

Top
 Profile  
Sonikdeath
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:47 am
Posts: 7
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 3:19 pm 
 

Greetings.

Apologies if I'm making some tiresome error regarding this post. I've gone to submit a band and it has been blacklisted. I'm listening to said album now, it is Today Is The Day's Kiss The Pig. It's grindcore. I'm confused...how does this band not qualify for submission?

Any input much appreciated. I should point out that this is a cd I picked up second hand, I haven't heard the rest of band's catalogue. But I can't fathom why this record doesn't qualify them.

Thanks all.

Sonikdeath

Top
 Profile  
Azmodes
Ultranaut

Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:44 am
Posts: 5563
Location: Gradec, Austria
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 6:03 pm 
 

Corpse555 wrote:
Also, say later down the road these guys release more things, are we to say that some of their official releases will be ignored due to the length of some EPs being under certain minutes (yet still longer than Haunting the Chapel's original release length in minutes)? I know they've given out CDs w/ their EP on it while playing live with Morbid Angel in NYC.

1. Another digital EP would certainly help. As the rules say, two EPs are better than one. Nothing would get ignored because then the band would have a larger discography to judge (and be judged as a whole). Why would we only consider their first EP when they release a full-length at some future point?
2. "Haunting the Chapel" was physically released (not to mention that it's a silly comparison to make considering the context for both bands). We judge purely digital albums differently, mainly because they tend to be less tangible in some ways and constitute a less trustworthy way of evaluating a band when compared to their physical counterparts.
3. Wait... so they do have CDs distributed? CD-Rs or proper CDs? What kind of packaging? How many copies? Why didn't you mention this sooner? :P

@Sonikdeath: Today Is the Day is a hardcore-based grind/noisecore band from what I know. Not metal.
_________________
theunrelentingattack wrote:
i've whitelisted Whores

Last.fm | Collection

Top
 Profile  
cweed
Metal newbie

Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2004 7:48 pm
Posts: 387
Location: United States
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 7:49 pm 
 

Azmodes wrote:
^It was blacklisted by Doomsday in December 2013. Checked "Omens" just now and it seems to be on the heavier side of post-rock/atmospheric soundscapes, but still post-rock.


Fiiiiiiiiinnne...

:p
_________________
Malicious Intent Blog - interviews, reviews, reflections, etc.

http://maliciousintent666.blogspot.com/

Top
 Profile  
Sonikdeath
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:47 am
Posts: 7
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 9:33 am 
 

Regarding Today Is The Day being omitted, no problem, not here to fight for their inclusion, but 324 and Discordance Axis are also grindcore yet are included.

Anyway, just curious...I suppose I thought grind was a type of metal so will now hang my head in shame.

Also I have just seen Byla are included on the site. Really confused now.

Top
 Profile  
Azmodes
Ultranaut

Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:44 am
Posts: 5563
Location: Gradec, Austria
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 9:38 am 
 

Grindcore is not necessarily a metal subgenre, more of a hybrid thing. There's metal-based grind and there's punk-based grind.

Byla seems to be here as a side-project/exception.
_________________
theunrelentingattack wrote:
i've whitelisted Whores

Last.fm | Collection

Top
 Profile  
Sonikdeath
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:47 am
Posts: 7
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 10:39 am 
 

Well i guess it's all in the ear of the beholder. On Kiss The Pig it is definitely a metal-type grind (I'm guessing) , with sludge overtones if you will. That's not to say they don't mix it up with other elements. Therein lies the route of their exclusion I guess.

Thanks.


Last edited by Sonikdeath on Wed May 07, 2014 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Top
 Profile  
Azmodes
Ultranaut

Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:44 am
Posts: 5563
Location: Gradec, Austria
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 10:49 am 
 

I'll check that album, haven't heard it before.
_________________
theunrelentingattack wrote:
i've whitelisted Whores

Last.fm | Collection

Top
 Profile  
Dembo
Metal newbie

Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2006 9:58 am
Posts: 74
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 10:57 am 
 

Did Lee Kajko get blacklisted before his 2014 release? http://leekajko.bandcamp.com/

Top
 Profile  
Corpse555
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2004 7:08 pm
Posts: 14
Location: United States
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 11:30 am 
 

Azmodes wrote:
Corpse555 wrote:
Also, say later down the road these guys release more things, are we to say that some of their official releases will be ignored due to the length of some EPs being under certain minutes (yet still longer than Haunting the Chapel's original release length in minutes)? I know they've given out CDs w/ their EP on it while playing live with Morbid Angel in NYC.

1. Another digital EP would certainly help. As the rules say, two EPs are better than one. Nothing would get ignored because then the band would have a larger discography to judge (and be judged as a whole). Why would we only consider their first EP when they release a full-length at some future point?
2. "Haunting the Chapel" was physically released (not to mention that it's a silly comparison to make considering the context for both bands). We judge purely digital albums differently, mainly because they tend to be less tangible in some ways and constitute a less trustworthy way of evaluating a band when compared to their physical counterparts.
3. Wait... so they do have CDs distributed? CD-Rs or proper CDs? What kind of packaging? How many copies? Why didn't you mention this sooner? :P

@Sonikdeath: Today Is the Day is a hardcore-based grind/noisecore band from what I know. Not metal.



Alright, I understand. And by no means was I trying to make a justified comparison to Haunting the Chapel, I agree. Was just giving a reference as to length of things. But anyway here are any updates if they would count for anything:

-Their EP at bandcamp has been updated with the rest of their CD booklet pages and info, which can be obtained when DLing the entire CD mp3 bundle.
-They did have CDs pressed, I personally never had a chance to get one since they were all gone by their big show with Morbid Angel, unsigned / no label, but had them printed in the slim jewel case fashion. Since most bands around my area (NYC) are aware of less people interested in CDs they only did a 1 time limited CD pressing so the rest can be obtained through MP3 downloads, which explains why they got rid of them quick since here there's a lot of buzz for them.

Top
 Profile  
Azmodes
Ultranaut

Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:44 am
Posts: 5563
Location: Gradec, Austria
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 1:44 pm 
 

Azmodes wrote:
I'll check [Kiss the Pig], haven't heard it before.

Done the deed. Sorry, but this is pretty clearly unacceptable. I don't hear much metal in this, apart from a few sludgier parts. Seems to be very firmly situated in the spastic, tech-y grind/powerviolence territory. Hardcore-based.

Corpse555: Alright, restored.

Dembo wrote:
Did Lee Kajko get blacklisted before his 2014 release? http://leekajko.bandcamp.com/

No, after. I remember it was a couple of mods -including me- who judged that one. The 2014 album is very borderline and the rest not metal at all.
_________________
theunrelentingattack wrote:
i've whitelisted Whores

Last.fm | Collection

Top
 Profile  
Ace99
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Fri May 02, 2014 6:45 pm
Posts: 1
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 1:49 pm 
 

Hi there!
First of all I wanted to get this opportunity to thank you all for the amazing job - it might sound cheesy but Encyclopaedia Metallum is a reference website for me!

Now, I've made a submission for a band called Vanth, but it has been rejected for not being metal.

Here are some videos that I would totally consider metal...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCqbcHB1vJg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKEWbJOx6lU

thank you for your time!

Top
 Profile  
Azmodes
Ultranaut

Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:44 am
Posts: 5563
Location: Gradec, Austria
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 1:58 pm 
 

Thanks for the kind words, but I have to agree with the rejection. Sounds like faux-industrial rock/pop. Heavy guitars, but no metal riffs.
_________________
theunrelentingattack wrote:
i've whitelisted Whores

Last.fm | Collection

Top
 Profile  
Corpse555
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2004 7:08 pm
Posts: 14
Location: United States
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 2:21 pm 
 

Azmodes wrote:
Azmodes wrote:
I'll check [Kiss the Pig], haven't heard it before.

Done the deed. Sorry, but this is pretty clearly unacceptable. I don't hear much metal in this, apart from a few sludgier parts. Seems to be very firmly situated in the spastic, tech-y grind/powerviolence territory. Hardcore-based.

Corpse555: Alright, restored.

Dembo wrote:
Did Lee Kajko get blacklisted before his 2014 release? http://leekajko.bandcamp.com/

No, after. I remember it was a couple of mods -including me- who judged that one. The 2014 album is very borderline and the rest not metal at all.


Thank you very much Azmodes, gentleman as always. lml

Top
 Profile  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 267, 268, 269, 270, 271, 272, 273 ... 280  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

Back to the Encyclopaedia Metallum


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group