Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Stengah
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:52 pm 

Hi, Inorganic (Argentina) was rejected because someone tried to upload the band before the first release, now the band has already released their first E.P. in TAPE format, here are the pics. Thank you!

Spoiler: show

oogboog
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:54 pm 

Except I've had this band accepted with two short demos that added up to more than 20 min. Is this a case of moderation discretion?

http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Ass ... 3540408055

theunrelentingattack
Not yet ready for a custom title

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:53 pm 

oogboog wrote:
Except I've had this band accepted with two short demos that added up to more than 20 min. Is this a case of moderation discretion?

http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Ass ... 3540408055

We're discussing the concept internally. But the example you gave above - the second demo is out on CD. Once there's a physical product with proper distribution, length doesn't really matter any longer. The combined short releases concept applies when everything is digital only.

theunrelentingattack

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:57 pm 

Stengah wrote:
Hi, Inorganic (Argentina) was rejected because someone tried to upload the band before the first release, now the band has already released their first E.P. in TAPE format, here are the pics. Thank you!

(Added spoiler) and Whitelisted. Go ahead and submit and we'll check it out. Make sure you include this same evidence in the submission.

Noich
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:58 am 

Hi there,

I freshly registered on your website and found out one of my bands (Deadmen,,France) is actually blacklisted.
As the band registered when I was not in the lineup yet I wondered why it got BL.
I'm sorry if my question is simewhat irrelevant or such but as a serious project with a couple albums and regular live appearances, I'd like to see with you guys if we could be white listed again. :)
Anyways regards from France !

theunrelentingattack

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:41 am 

Noich wrote:
Hi there,

I freshly registered on your website and found out one of my bands (Deadmen,,France) is actually blacklisted.
As the band registered when I was not in the lineup yet I wondered why it got BL.
I'm sorry if my question is simewhat irrelevant or such but as a serious project with a couple albums and regular live appearances, I'd like to see with you guys if we could be white listed again. :)

Blacklisted as Mallcore back in 2014. Have there been more metal releases since then? If so, provide a link to one/it for evaluation.

Thanks

cepit
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:12 am 

My submission Everside from Indonesia just rejected with following reason: "You forget something". Anyone know what it mean?

Noich
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:33 am 

theunrelentingattack wrote:
Noich wrote:
Hi there,

Blacklisted as Mallcore back in 2014. Have there been more metal releases since then? If so, provide a link to one/it for evaluation.

Thanks

Hi there,
Thank you for your reply !
Deadmen is categorized as a Postcore band.

We released a first album in 2015 : Get Lost
Available as physical CD through our Bandcamp and online through various platform like iTunes, Spotify...
http://deadmenpostcore.bandcamp.com/album/get-lost

https://itunes.apple.com/fr/album/get-lost/id1046828666
https://play.spotify.com/album/71hb6eDWMtfn2KukQ5vyVf

We also released an EP earlier this year : Fullness
http://deadmenpostcore.bandcamp.com/album/fullness

Thank you.

OpsiusCato
Mexican Metal Inquisition

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:12 pm 

Noich wrote:
Deadmen is categorized as a Postcore band

There, you just answered your question. "Postcore" is definitely NOT Metal.
Opsius is Metal as fuck.

boblovesmusic
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:03 pm 

Curious as to why the Worcester thrash/crossover band High Command was rejected (I saw it on the queue at one point and then it wasn't)

OpsiusCato

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:08 pm 

boblovesmusic wrote:
Curious as to why the Worcester thrash/crossover band High Command was rejected (I saw it on the queue at one point and then it wasn't)

No proof of physical release was provided.
Opsius is Metal as fuck.

boblovesmusic
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:16 pm 

OpsiusCato wrote:
boblovesmusic wrote:

No proof of physical release was provided.

So music wise, they were good to go?

theunrelentingattack

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:24 pm 

boblovesmusic wrote:

So music wise, they were good to go?

Not sure if it was listened to or not - two rejections but no note other than the release. If you have physical proof - go ahead and submit it, it's not on the blacklist.

Mutilationer
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:07 pm 

Hello, may I ask why Methadone Abortion Clinic has been black flagged I can find no information regarding this issue. Thanks for your time!

OpsiusCato

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:12 pm 

Mutilationer wrote:
Methadone Abortion Clinic

Non-metallic goregrind.
Opsius is Metal as fuck.

Noich
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:43 pm 

OpsiusCato wrote:
Noich wrote:
Deadmen is categorized as a Postcore band

Could you please take an ear to our stuff before arbitrary trashing a band because of its etiquette ?
That's pretty disrespectful.
We do Death/Postcore stuff so what ?
We all in Metal are supposed to be a family, not a bunch of etiquette obsessed d**chebags.
Plus I provided proofs of released and available materials.

I do not want to piss of anybody. I
So, could it be possible to get White listed again ? It'll be very kind of you guys.
And if not possible.. Well thank's anyways for your help. ^^

Regards.

P.S. Once again sorry for the inconvenience I'm just worried about how we ended up being blacklisted ^^

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:59 pm 

How did he disrespect you? How did he question your etiquette? He answered the fucking question. And who you open for, the bands you play with, the music your fans listen to, the way you dress etc. have NOTHING to do with inclusion here. We judge bands on the most important thing: the riffs, and whether or not they are metal. The fact that you are grasping at straws looking for a reason for this to be overturned answers the question on its own. I don't even need to listen to know you guys aren't metal according to the site's standard. However, you are welcome to your own opinion on the matter.
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

S9NE
Magical Metal Girl

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:06 pm 

Noich, you're asking them to show "a little respect", but you're implying they are "a bunch of etiquette obsessed d**chebags." You're claiming them to have been "arbitrary trashing" you, even though they simply answered your questions. You're taking this way too personally.

Noich
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:07 pm 

Diamhea wrote:
How did he disrespect you? How did he question your etiquette? He answered the fucking question. And who you open for, the bands you play with, the music your fans listen to, the way you dress etc. have NOTHING to do with inclusion here. We judge bands on the most important thing: the riffs, and whether or not they are metal. The fact that you are grasping at straws looking for a reason for this to be overturned answers the question on its own. I don't even need to listen to know you guys aren't metal according to the site's standard. However, you are welcome to your own opinion on the matter.

Once again I do not want to be the complaining asshole, but being blacked for an etiquette reason is never really fun, you can agree on that I think. ^^
Especially when it's your full time job.
I'm sorry for reacting a little fast.
Let's put an end to this. :)

Still I like the job you do on this site guys. Haha

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:08 pm 

I still don't get it. Blacklisted because of etiquette? It's blacklisted because it wasn't/isn't metal, there's nothing more to it.
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

Noich
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:15 pm 

Diamhea wrote:
I still don't get it. Blacklisted because of etiquette? It's blacklisted because it wasn't/isn't metal, there's nothing more to it.

Man, deciding what is Metal and what is not is all about etiquette, genre and subgenre.
Although I fully understand why we do not fulfill the standard of the site, I disagree when you say we are not a Metal band. ^^
That being said, lets end the debate. :)

Sorry again for the inconvenience.

Antioch
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:05 pm 

Noich wrote:
Hi there,
(Deadmen,,France) is actually blacklisted.

Not sure what went wrong here, so I'd like to address TUA's question if I may. ;)
Yes, TUA. There's a new release: http://deadmenpostcore.bandcamp.com/album/fullness
Would you be so kind as to give it a listen? A 7-minute track (off of a 3-track EP) is streaming.

OC may have indeed listened to the song and given an answer based on the music, but that wasn't clear from his answer. It felt as though he had an assumption based on the tag, which isn't something OC normally does.

Dia, by "etiquette" he means "tag". That's all there is to it.

Opus
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:36 pm 

Diamhea wrote:

With "etiquette" I presume he means label.

Metalisepic
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:29 pm 

Yeah, he means labeled/label here (étiqueté/étiquette in French, which he wrongly translated as etiquette). Thus the confusion…
False friends are evil :D

In fact, he thinks that you didn't listen to the music/didn't check the links he provided and refuse to white list his band only because it's labeled as postcore. Since his band has released newer stuff, he's expecting you to give it a listen, which wasn't very clear here:
OpsiusCato wrote:

That's what he's complaining about.

flexodus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:38 am 

I petition that HOMEWRECKER from Ohio needs to be unblacklisted based on their newest EP. They've slowly transformed into a death metal band, should be acceptable under the "death metal/hardcore" genre that applies to Xibalba, Skinfather, Nails, etc. Plenty of legit metal riffage on this one.

https://goodfightent.bandcamp.com/album ... -by-design
my sister does nothing but forcing me to listen to Gothenburg/melodic metalcore albums all day while refusing to listen to regular death metal

Antioch
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:24 am 

The name Blackest is blacklisted. Could it be whitelisted so we can add this?
http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/portraitofblood (digital/CD)
http://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Av ... ood/612387
http://www.blackestofficial.com/
Previously only available for digital download, now available on CD, too.

~Guest 375902
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:30 am 

Submitted Oven Man, got rejected - thereason was stated as "enter message here." What does that imply?

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:50 am 

Opus wrote:
With "etiquette" I presume he means label.

Thanks, somehow I get the vibe that this was obvious? Never heard of that before in my life.

Last.fm

Opus
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:40 am 

Diamhea wrote:
Thanks, somehow I get the vibe that this was obvious? Never heard of that before in my life.

In Swedish, the word "etikett" means both etiquette and label.
Comes from the name given to a little piece of paper describing either content or instructions on how to behave. The English word "ticket" has the same root.

theunrelentingattack

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:10 pm 

Deadmen: Well, post-hardcore really isn't my expertise but it certainly sounds like that to me. Really good song and postcore fits but that's not enough for me to whitelist it. Other mods more familiar with the style may check it out if they wish.

Homewrecker: Um, that's not transforming into a death metal band. Track 4 has a more metal feel than the rest. I don't know what anything else they did sounds like but that EP has a lot of hardcore influence and it's only a 13 minute digital EP anyway - which wouldn't qualify as a valid release. Not whitelisting that.

Blackest: That's a different band - we blacklisted a hardcore band from NY. Whitelisted now. Submit.

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:20 pm 

putrevomitory wrote:
Submitted Oven Man, got rejected - thereason was stated as "enter message here." What does that imply?

Error/mistake when rejecting it. IIRC that band wasn't metal and sounded more like mathcore.

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:12 pm 

Homewrecker: Um, that's not transforming into a death metal band. Track 4 has a more metal feel than the rest. I don't know what anything else they did sounds like but that EP has a lot of hardcore influence and it's only a 13 minute digital EP anyway - which wouldn't qualify as a valid release. Not whitelisting that.

As a Homewrecker fan, I admittedly haven't heard the new EP, but they're a lot like Enabler in terms of sound (another band who has been lobbied for inclusion here more than once). There's a metallic influence for sure but it's still very much rooted in hardcore/crust/d-beat/what-have-you over the peripheral metal aspects. It would need to be basically a complete inversion of their previous hardcore:metal ratio to be acceptable.
the reason your grandmother has all those plastic sheets on her furniture is because she is probably a squirter

Antioch
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:02 pm 

Deadmen: Well, post-hardcore really isn't my expertise but it certainly sounds like that to me. Really good song and postcore fits but that's not enough for me to whitelist it. Other mods more familiar with the style may check it out if they wish.

It does sound mostly so to me, too, but
I really appreciate you taking the time. That's all he asked for. :metal:

Blackest: That's a different band - we blacklisted a hardcore band from NY. Whitelisted now. Submit.

Done... the name can be blacklisted again.

Metallum22
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:37 pm 

Hello again, my band submission of "Betrayer" from the United States was rejected. They claim to be a metal band but obviously they aren't. What genre was the rejection based off of? I'm thinking that it is djent, or maybe it could be -core related.

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:46 am 

Yeah, it's djent/core.

Mike Livorum
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:45 am 

Chubasa is a Metal band, I can't understand why did the band go to blacklist? I don't know what did I do wrong?? Only because we don't have guitars? Only for it??

Starseeker
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:44 am 

http://www.harrikauppinen.bandcamp.com/
was not accepted. Why? Even if he seems to have a little more singer-songwriter approach, the base is still metal, something around Gothic Metal or so.

EDIT - Blacklisted for being "Dark/Gothic Rock" - so the rock outweighs the metal. (Comment by TUA - sorry, hit edit instead of quote by mistake)

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:50 am 

Mike Livorum wrote:
Chubasa is a Metal band, I can't understand why did the band go to blacklist? I don't know what did I do wrong?? Only because we don't have guitars? Only for it??

Submitted as death metal/grindcore, but is neither.

Last.fm

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:51 am 

Starseeker wrote:
Blacklisted for being "Dark/Gothic Rock" - so the rock outweighs the metal.

You just answered yourself.

Last.fm

Mike Livorum
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:26 pm 

Hahaha!! Sorry! Gothic?? Is it possible to make only gothic without guitar?? Open your minds! Read more YOU about our band and Metal!! And about this guy of the masturbation: "congratulations"!!!

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1 ... 414, 415, 416, 417, 418, 419, 420 ... 541  Next