Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Marian256
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:53 pm 

Hello, I am Marian, and I've seen now, that few days ago, the viking black metal band "Caradhras" have been removed and added to Blacklist, but at the time when it has been accepted was in the respect of all the rules, can I re-add it? The works of this band are effectively "metal" with no problems such as for metalcore or nu metal bands... Thanks for your attention, it has been changed Nation, but it will be kept the same as origin (Italy) even if the only member travels around the world. The band is still active

Marian

bluwarguy
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:22 pm 

Marian256 wrote:
Hello, I am Marian, and I've seen now, that few days ago, the viking black metal band "Caradhras" have been removed and added to Blacklist, but at the time when it has been accepted was in the respect of all the rules, can I re-add it? The works of this band are effectively "metal" with no problems such as for metalcore or nu metal bands... Thanks for your attention, it has been changed Nation, but it will be kept the same as origin (Italy) even if the only member travels around the world. The band is still active

Marian

isn't this it? http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Caradhras/104418

Marian256
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:05 pm 

The band "Caradhras" (from Italy) I mean is different from the band still present from Piedmont (born in 2002) the band I added plays Black and Viking Metal, please if there is a moderator try to see if is possible to re-add it, because I thinks have no problems, it was formed between 2008 and 2010 in Veneto (Eastern-North Italy) and there is only one fix member...

Thanks

Rockymir
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:41 pm 

Hi, I've read all the site rules, but I am new so apologize if this is covered.
The band Ennoven (Poland) has been blacklisted, and from what I can gather they have a complete and official album released (redemption) and whilst it has ambient elements i would have thought it would be acceptable under 'black metal'. Just wondering why it's blacklisted so I can get used to the rules and for future reference, as I can't find anything on site already - thanks.

PDS
The Folk One

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:44 pm 

Rockymir wrote:
Hi, I've read all the site rules, but I am new so apologize if this is covered.
The band Ennoven (Poland) has been blacklisted, and from what I can gather they have a complete and official album released (redemption) and whilst it has ambient elements i would have thought it would be acceptable under 'black metal'. Just wondering why it's blacklisted so I can get used to the rules and for future reference, as I can't find anything on site already - thanks.

Ennoven was deemed more Post-rock than Metal.

Marian256 wrote:
The band "Caradhras" (from Italy) I mean is different from the band still present from Piedmont (born in 2002) the band I added plays Black and Viking Metal, please if there is a moderator try to see if is possible to re-add it, because I thinks have no problems, it was formed between 2008 and 2010 in Veneto (Eastern-North Italy) and there is only one fix member...

Thanks

We decided to delete Caradhras due to dubious/lack of information about the Band, the releases and the record label.
I dunno, I'm a guitarist and it always feels like playing a giant cock. Not just that but live music should hit you in the genitals. It might not if you don't use good amplifiers and your modelling shit goes straight out of the PA. But good music hits you HARD in the GENITALS.

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:31 pm 

Marian256 wrote:

Marian

The band was removed, along with all of the releases of your "label" for being complete bullshit. Nonsense about hundreds of copies of multiple records from recent years which nobody other than yourself has ever noted the existence of anywhere, from both your own band and fakes of noted bands like Old Funeral. I'll believe the additional notes that two copies of a tape with an instrumental, two instrumental Burzum covers, and an interview exist. That's all, and that's not a valid release.

Adragard08
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:00 pm 

I requested the inclusion of the band with I play: "Boycott Mankind". Initially I was asked for a photo to prove the physical copies of the album. I proceeded to load the image. Subsequently it was again rejected on the grounds "not a Metal band." The group is clearly Metal, you know Black Sabbath, Sepultura, Celtic Frost, Meshuggah, Slayer, Motörhead, Etc. ... what is the problem? it is ridiculous that it is not recognized as Metal! gender is clearly Thrash / Death with Doom influences. Cursed Generation, This God are Thrash songs, Shit and Dropping are Speed Metal oriented, Existence have Black influences, Pedo have Slayer's riffs. I want to object this rejection! this is Metal.
You can listen the band music at https://boycottmankind.bandcamp.com/releases
Thanks.

PS: I saw in the statistics of "bandcamp" who for judgment were heard only a few minutes of the album... surely the disc was heard in a superficial way.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:46 pm 

I can't speak for the mod who rejected it (though telling from the moderation notes, at least two staffers listened to the band, neither of which was very keen on accepting it), but after checking the entire release I can say that there is nothing clear about this case. A flippant way of describing it, and please forgive my candour here, is a mix of nu metal and groove metal with delusions of death/doom. More simply put, it varies between non-metal and metal parts, but in the end I'm not really convinced that it is clearly or predominantly metal as measured against the standard that we try to hold bands to. As so often in this thread, this isn't a clear no from me, but not an admission either as there doesn't seem to be enough shared certainty about "metalness" among the staff.

BloodOfChrist
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:09 pm 

Quote:
"This looks like a good submission, and I appreciate the work you've put into digging it up and documenting it - don't think of this as a rejection, that's just the easiest way to handle it.

Are there any zine scans, flyers from shows (I couldn't find any info on Ohio Deathfest '94), or anything else about the band? A little bit of info outside of the demo tapes would be great, if you could find it.

Feel free to resubmit or PM me on the forums."

Hi guys, im posting regarding my submission for CATASTROPHIC (Ohio). I do have 2 flyers if you want to see them, Im hoping to get a pic of the "The Last Voice" demo cover soon, right now only have the pic of "Morbid Twist of Reality" demo and the actual cover art of The Last Voice demo, altho the drummer told told me he should be able to find one for me soon so ill definately update you when.

About PMing you on the forum, I just dont know who it was that sent that and/or took the submission. If you reply here ill def PM you i just dont know who it is to message!

The 2 flyers I have (maybe able to get more)...

Catastrophic/Embalmer/Sin-Eater @ Magoo's Tap Room, April 25 1992
https://scontent-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot ... e=55515670

Catastrophic/Escalation Anger/Sodomized/Descend/Blood Coven @ SHOT'Z, Cleveland Ohio, July 15 1995
https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 807d11aed9

I also have a video of their set at Ohio Death Fest 1994, along with videos of every other band that played (only reason I know the whole roster without a flyer). Can supply any song from their set, and I have a song from The Last Voice demo also I can supply now. Will be getting all from both demos when I get the demos but the band members are still digging for my copies.

Also, if a moderator or someone that reviews submissions wants to ad me on Facebook, I post a lot of pictures and talk to a lot of bands on there all the time, if one of you wanna ad me my name is Kenny Jockel and ill message you about submissions when necessary.

For example, regarding my other submission POULTRY DEATH. I submitted a picture of one album, cassette, and the cover art of the second one. On my facebook the drummer and guitarist (Catastrophic & Blood Coven/Sin-Eater members) are talking about all the different amounts of cds they made at different times, different shows they sold the different versions at, etc.

Thanks for your time, sorry about the long message!

Adragard08
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:16 pm 

Azmodes wrote:
I can't speak for the mod who rejected it (though telling from the moderation notes, at least two staffers listened to the band, neither of which was very keen on accepting it), but after checking the entire release I can say that there is nothing clear about this case. A flippant way of describing it, and please forgive my candour here, is a mix of nu metal and groove metal with delusions of death/doom. More simply put, it varies between non-metal and metal parts, but in the end I'm not really convinced that it is clearly or predominantly metal as measured against the standard that we try to hold bands to. As so often in this thread, this isn't a clear no from me, but not an admission either as there doesn't seem to be enough shared certainty about "metalness" among the staff.

thanks for yours impressions about the band. maybe the intro and outro of the songs, are indefinable, I agree with your in the designation Groove Metal (but non only). I hope that the judgment can be reviewed, and perhaps that you and the other moderators give your own opinion on the matter. good night

mystical999
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:05 am 

Hallo, I was trying to add a thrash metal band (Fusion Limit), the label written on the cd I got is already registered here. There are also some previews on youtube.
However I've received an email saying that I have to prove the phisical CD released.

Was it a sort of automatic reply? Or maybe I really have to make a picture of the copy I got?

Here is the cd(-r)
http://www.mysticalprods.com/index.php/ ... -authority

bluwarguy
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:39 pm 

My band was rejected because it didn't have proof of a shop/distro selling it, even though I gave the bandcamp link (where the physical and digital copies are sold)

this is what the email said:
Quote:
Sorry bluwarguy, Encyclopaedia Metallum was forced to reject your submission for the band Gates of Martyr (United States), for the following reason:

Changing the quantities in the submission won't make this acceptable, we need proof that the release was distributed to the public. A distro/shop carrying it or a reputable zine reviewing it would be ideal.

If you want to object to this rejection, please do so in the appropriate thread in the Suggestions and Complaints sub-forum. Do not e-mail moderators directly about this.

Sincerely,
- Zodijackyl, Encyclopaedia Metallum

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:32 pm 

mystical999 wrote:
Hallo, I was trying to add a thrash metal band (Fusion Limit), the label written on the cd I got is already registered here. There are also some previews on youtube.
However I've received an email saying that I have to prove the phisical CD released.

Was it a sort of automatic reply? Or maybe I really have to make a picture of the copy I got?

Here is the cd(-r)
http://www.mysticalprods.com/index.php/ ... -authority

It is a pre-set message, but I chose it for a reason. Anyone could add any label to a release in his drafts, that's not evidence. I didn't see a sign of a CD on their FB, so I rejected it. Restored now.

BloodOfChrist, bluwarguy: Zodijackyl handled those, he should be responding in this thread soon.

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:25 pm 

BloodOfChrist: Looks good, please resubmit. I'd like to try to include as much info as possible about bands like this, as right now you seem to be our only source.

bluwarguy: I don't know, this still seems like a joke that's pushing the details of the release further in order to get accepted on MA.

bluwarguy
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:31 pm 

Zodijackyl wrote:
I don't know, this still seems like a joke that's pushing the details of the release further in order to get accepted on MA.

trust me, it's not. all CD's and Cassettes are ready to ship. 25 Each

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:37 pm 

Oh, really? Could you please provide a picture of them?

theneuromancer
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:40 am 

Daedalean Complex were originally rejected in 2008 and after their second album was released, an appeal was made by one of the band members, though the blacklisting was upheld. However, I think their 2013 album has enough black metal influence to make it metal enough, in a Dimmu/C.O.F sort of way I guess. I would appreciate if somebody had the time to review the latest album and consider removing the ban. I recommend the track "Breaking the Chains" as an example.

http://daedaleancomplex.bandcamp.com/al ... -of-icarus

--> Old school heavy metal: http://www.madparish.com/

--> Experimental project: https://soundcloud.com/neuromancerwintermute

bluwarguy
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:53 am 

Zodijackyl wrote:
Oh, really? Could you please provide a picture of them?

I'll post a pic when I get home.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:22 pm 

theneuromancer wrote:
Daedalean Complex were originally rejected in 2008 and after their second album was released, an appeal was made by one of the band members, though the blacklisting was upheld. However, I think their 2013 album has enough black metal influence to make it metal enough, in a Dimmu/C.O.F sort of way I guess. I would appreciate if somebody had the time to review the latest album and consider removing the ban. I recommend the track "Breaking the Chains" as an example.

http://daedaleancomplex.bandcamp.com/al ... -of-icarus

Usually I'm a bit wary when someone recommends a specific track from a release (implying that the rest is less-than-metal), but this seems clearly metal throughout. Can now be submitted.

Andre Gaius
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:25 am 

Tony Mills released (or will release in the coming days) his 2nd heavy metal-oriented album. I think his case should be reviewed and reconsidered.

When Azmodes rejected him, Azmodes said that Mills is like a metal newbie, a guy who has a hard rock career and began releasing metal stuff just now, something like that. This is not true. Mills is involved with Heavy Metal since the early 90s. Search here on the site the band Siam...

Last edited by Andre Gaius on Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Andre Gaius
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:33 am 

Hm, Azmodes talked about Mills' solo career specifically, which was consolidated with AOR and jazzy albums, I think that was it. Now there are 2 metal albums e 2 non-metal albums. So...?

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:29 am 

Sorry, I don't remember him. The blacklist describes him as jazzy rock. Can you provide a link to those alleged metal albums?

EDIT: ok, you might be referring to Alhadis. We still need more than two songs from two albums.

Andre Gaius
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:51 am 

From 3rd album - Heavy/Power a la Queensryche

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZOKAbSeMK0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isvZKmzPVmE

Sorry, there are just these songs on YT

I got his 4th album "Over My Dead Body" (a more straight-forward heavy metal style), but there is nothing on YT or other channels to listen. I'll upload some songs on YT when I have time.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:34 pm 

Checked out the third album and it's quite heavy on the melodic hard rock. I can see what you mean, though.

mystical999
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:33 pm 

Azmodes wrote:
mystical999 wrote:
I didn't see a sign of a CD on their FB, so I rejected it. Restored now.

They seem very lazy guys... I noticed that too.
Thank you

Pessipath
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:58 pm 

Why is the thrash metal/crossover band Get The Shot blacklisted? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGoT0i34vNE Sounds no different from Suicidal Tendencies, Ramming Speed or Leeway.

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:02 pm 

Surprise, they're a hardcore band. They sound a lot like Terror (Get the Shot even uses the main riff of that song to within one note). Get the Shot is awesome but they're just thrashy hardcore, much moreso a hardcore band.

YES THIS IS HARDCORE GET OVER IT. STOP BEFORE YOU START.
the reason your grandmother has all those plastic sheets on her furniture is because she is probably a squirter

Mercelel
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:22 am 

Hi guys, I submitted my band Mercelel couple days ago and it got rejected by Zodijackyl today. He described it as: Not a metal band; does not belong on Encyclopaedia Metallum. Not even really music.'' Not Metal, Not Music? Has this guy ever heard Zaraach Baal or any depressive black metal band? After doing multiple google researches of his name around the archives, he doesn't look like the most liked person on this site so I can't trust his opinion whatsoever. So please is there anyway some other moderator can review the band again and hopefully accept its metalness. Thank you. I also have sent my album to notable reviewers( even mods) on this site, some gave good feedback some gave bad feedback but not one mentioned that it was not metal.

You can listen to the album here:
https://mercelel.bandcamp.com/releases

Thank you for your time!

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:59 am 

Moderator Zodijackyl is the go-to for these sort of lo-fi black metal efforts. For me as an outsider to the inner-workings of the style, I can tell you that this bites the dust for me simply because the audio quality isn't acceptable. It sounds like a very rough garage mix and isn't polished enough to be considered an admissible entry. The keyboards sound OK, vocals neither here nor there, but the guitars just aren't cutting it. I DO hear some metal riffs here and there, but this is just too piecemeal to be accepted as it stands.
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

theunrelentingattack
Not yet ready for a custom title

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:07 am 

^ I'm a ZBT collector, so yes I've heard of him. I listened to the entire record first. In order to be accepted here you need to have one release that is predominantly metal. That release isn't. Sorry man, but there's a lot of keyboard noodling and a lot of droning noise. There's some metal in it but I too don't feel that the release is majority metal. It's certianly not symphonic, nor Epic. Sorry man, but if you release another record and it's undeniably metal, we'll reevaluate. But for this release, it just isn't happening.

Mercelel
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:44 am 

Im pretty sure in the guidelines it mentions nothing about how good quality it is, because if it did then thousands of bands would be deleted. The symphonic genre is consisted of keyboards guys, i understand that you feel thats its mainly ambient, but metal riffs are valid as you mentioned. I just dont understand how you got bands who you hardly hear anything but a guy moaning with instruments that sound like theyve been thrown into a microwave before it was recorded! Yet my album isn't metal enough or isnt good quality! I'm not trying to say that my best album is amazing, not at all, but if you want the metal constantly, youll have every band sound same which exactly the case with most black metal bands excluding symphonic influenced bands. I can go write now an album full of blast beat drumming and low mower sounding guitar but that wont make mt band special than any else, thats why its important to have different atmospheres in such genre and metal riffs are there ofcourse just not as much, some prefer the music to build up, like burzum? Mainly its ambient!! I dont know what to say anymore really.

theunrelentingattack

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:56 am 

Personally, I didn't touch on the quality at all, just the music itself and I'm not an outsider to the genre. Keyboards can be used for a symphonic effect, totally get that but you're not using them in that manner. Keyboards don't automatically make the record symphonic.

You don't really have to know what to say anymore. Three Mods said no, so that's the final verdict. Sorry man.

The_Vlad
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:03 am 

RAODHOG debut is already available in the webstore. http://stormspell.bigcartel.com/product ... stealer-cd

theunrelentingattack

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:17 am 

Sure is now - go ahead and resubmit.

MasterOfSin
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:13 am 

Hi,
Atreides from spain a power metal band was reject for no proofs of digital release, i re-submit it with a link of amazon, because i dont know the procedure i post here too.
Itunes
https://m.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A ... 4mY_b2&s=1
Amazon
http://www.amazon.com/Cosmos-Atreides/d ... ref=sr_1_1

Cdbaby
http://www.cdbaby.com/m/cd/atreides1

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:17 am 

Already approved, no need to post here since you included the relevant link in your submission.

Mercelel wrote:
After doing multiple google researches of his name around the archives, he doesn't look like the most liked person on this site so I can't trust his opinion whatsoever. So please is there anyway some other moderator can review the band again and hopefully accept its metalness. Thank you.

It doesn't matter if you think he isn't the "most liked person". He is a moderator, so on this site his word is not to be disregarded. You don't get to cherry-pick your mods if you don't like what one has to say. Sure, feel free to politely request additional opinions if you strongly disagree with a band judgement, but -to borrow a phrase from a fellow admin- don't come running to mommy if daddy says no.

Mercelel wrote:
Im pretty sure in the guidelines it mentions nothing about how good quality it is, because if it did then thousands of bands would be deleted.

While that is generally true for bands that have released something physical, digital-only bands are held to different standards. The "professionalism" of a release can come into play for digital albums.

Mercelel
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:54 am 

Nah dude, I only said that because he wrote it's not music. Sorry dude, I can name many members who have had issues with him, but that's not my issue now. Professionalism, I can totally agree with you, but how can a band with physical copy of 33 copies have the advantage? I uploaded my album digitally first but it's yet to be released on CD in a month and a bit, does that mean the case of band can potentially be accepted when CD is released?

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:00 pm 

Mercelel wrote:
Nah dude, I only said that because he wrote it's not music. Sorry dude, I can name many members who have had issues with him, but that's not my issue now. Professionalism, I can totally agree with you, but how can a band with physical copy of 33 copies have the advantage? I uploaded my album digitally first but it's yet to be released on CD in a month and a bit, does that mean the case of band can potentially be accepted when CD is released?

While I don't agree with him that it "isn't music" (I've heard far, far worse as the rest of us surely have), the biggest caveat is going to be the fact that it isn't a primarily metal release. There aren't enough overtly metal riffs for this to pass. And to answer your other point, yes, a band with 33 physical copies has the advantage over someone who simply slapped some lo-fi bedroom recordings onto Bandcamp and called it a day.
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

Mercelel
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:26 pm 

Isn't black metal in such quality anyway lol. Most symphonic bands have amazing sounding keyboards, strings but then when vocals occur and guitar, the quality is like that because it's the genre itself that is made to be like that.

MutantClannfear
Blank Czech

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:10 pm 

Derigin wrote:
MutantClannfear wrote:
[...] The song that Amber Gray linked is definitely drone/doom on the metal side of the equation (skip to 3:00), as is the new split he mentioned: http://venowl.bandcamp.com/track/scour-parts-i-and-ii

Eh... I can't say I'm entirely convinced. Lots of drone, a fair bit of doom, all very rudimentary and poorly executed. Now, while we leave the judging of quality to our reviewers, with a style like drone/doom where riffs are long, drawn out affairs, having a raw sound could also translate to "are they actually playing metal riffs?" I'm going to ask my fellow mods for second opinions. Sorry again for the delay. From what it appears in the blacklist note, this was last judged years ago. So, a release from last year is certainly new for us to judge. Maybe that's enough to get it off the blacklist; I'll see what other mods say first.

Anybody else want to take a crack at this? :) I promise it's not awful.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1 ... 308, 309, 310, 311, 312, 313, 314 ... 541  Next