Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Zee88
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:33 pm 

So I was listening to Nails the other day and thought "wow, this is one of the heavier things Ive listened to lately". Needless to say, I googled "Nails metal archives" and was surprised to see they were deemed more hardcore than metal. Ok, I don't necessarily agree with that but its your site and you guys can do what they want. However, the other band I was listening to that day was Weekend Nachos, a grindy hardcore band thats really not metal at all besides the guitar tone. And again I was surprised when I looked them up and saw MA had accepted a band who refer to themselves as hardcore and play music thats pretty damn core. Yet Nails got rejected, even though there are some pretty overt nods to 90s swedish death metal going on. Whether or not they're metal is your call, but I think most people would say Nails is more metal than Weekend Nachos. So I guess what I'm saying is I don't care who's in or out, but I like consistency in decision making. This one seems a little wonky.

xThe__Wizard
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:42 pm 

Neither should be on the site, Nails isn't really metal its just the kind of hardcore that is trendy nowadays.

On an unrelated note I still cannot understand why Last Days of Humanity isn't on here. The Sound of Rancid Juices Sloshing In Your Coffin has a really gritty death metal sound to it. Stuff like Putrefaction in Progress I can understand, but Rancid Juices is defeinitely \m/etal.

Zee88
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:56 pm 

xThe__Wizard wrote:
Neither should be on the site.

Fair enough. Its not just Nails. If Weekend Nachos is on here, so should Converge, Baptists, Gaza etc. There's just a lot of inconsistencies. I just looked up Trap Them and they're actually on here. No Nails, but you put on Trap Them, a band thats like a more hardcore and kinda tamer version of Converge, who isn't on here. I just think let em all in or exclude them all. The picking of who's in and who's not doesn't make sense to me.

xThe__Wizard
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:10 am 

Totally agree and I LOVE Weekend Nachos. I would never in a million years consider them to be metal at all. Maybe have some metal influences but thats not enough.

Zee88
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:23 am 

Yeah. Weekend Nachos are a great band and killer live. But its a hardcore show from a hardcore band doing it right. Shit, while I'm here I might as well vent. No Between The Buried Me but The Faceless get on. They're both extreme prog metal with core-ish tendencies except one's pretty good and the other one sucks. And as much as I love Baroness and their last album in particular, they're just a rock band. The Smashing Pumpkins were heavier than anything on Yellow & Green.

Nails/BTBAM/Converge no, Baroness/Weeekend Nachos/Trap Them yes??? Ite I'll stop.

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:12 am 

xThe__Wizard wrote:
Neither should be on the site

This isn't your call to make.

@BodyCount: Don't waste your time.
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

xThe__Wizard
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:19 am 

Diamhea wrote:
xThe__Wizard wrote:
Neither should be on the site

What kind of a response is that?

Wilytank
Not a Flying Toy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:28 am 

xThe__Wizard wrote:
Diamhea wrote:

What kind of a response is that?

The don't mini-mod kind.

Oh wai- :oh shit:

xThe__Wizard
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:37 am 

I didn't know voicing an opinion about bands that I actually listen to was me trying to assert myself as a mod.

But can my band get on here yet? We got a split with Special Buddy Discount and its RIPPER.

CleavlandSteamerSlam777
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:48 am 

I included my email. If anyone wants to buy a copy they can send me an email.

YADF
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:51 am 

Can I add The Convalescence based on the new album?
iTunes link to the full album https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/the-process/id865342808

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:59 am 

I don't see anywhere to listen to song previews without iTunes, so I can't comment on that. The band is blacklisted for not being metal enough, it has nothing to do with lacking a proper release or anything. If their style hasn't deviated drastically on this new material, they will likely be rejected again.

YADF
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:53 pm 

Diamhea wrote:
I don't see anywhere to listen to song previews without iTunes, so I can't comment on that. The band is blacklisted for not being metal enough, it has nothing to do with lacking a proper release or anything. If their style hasn't deviated drastically on this new material, they will likely be rejected again.

ok here's Amazon samples (if you PM me I can send you the full album)
http://www.amazon.com/Process-Convalescence/dp/B00JV2LTDA/ref=sr_1_1_title_1_mus?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1403023936&sr=1-1&keywords=the+convalescence

Wilytank
Not a Flying Toy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:24 pm 

xThe__Wizard wrote:
I didn't know voicing an opinion about bands that I actually listen to was me trying to assert myself as a mod.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=76277

Derigin
The Mountain Man

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:02 am 

xThe__Wizard wrote:

But can my band get on here yet? We got a split with Special Buddy Discount and its RIPPER.

The whole point - and in fact the way this thread works - is that you regular folks ask questions about rejected or deleted bands, and we (the folks with red, orange, or yellow usernames) respond to them. At NO point should a regular user ever respond to another user in this thread like they are an authority on the question being asked. That said, good job Willytank. :)

YADF
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:16 pm 

will you reconsider The Convalescence?
Amazon samples (if you PM me I can send you the full album)
http://www.amazon.com/Process-Convalesc ... valescence

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:07 pm 

YADF wrote:
will you reconsider The Convalescence?
Amazon samples (if you PM me I can send you the full album)
http://www.amazon.com/Process-Convalesc ... valescence

Sounds like a less metal Winds of Plague to my ears. Very core-y, and the metal element is negligible in comparison. That alone won't make the cut, but I'll gladly welcome another mod's opinion on this one.
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

picrard
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:45 pm 

Hi,

the subject : Locomotif
the reject reason : "Sounds more like alternative rock/nu-metal, sorry."

yes, you're right, if you have listen to the first mini-CD, than you could say : "this is fuckin' Nu-Jumpdafucka" ;-)
but please listen to our full album which was released 2012 and you will maybe say : "o.k. this is more Heavy Metal with progressive
influences!" Why ??? So, most of our songs contain solos which is not usual for Nu-Metal, my vocals are not like Den's, cause
I mix it up with death metal growls and melodics and no Hip Hop ;-)
And listen to our blasting double bassdrum !!!!

We have also keyboards in our songs which sound a little bit like Amorphis or Deep Purple ones.

If you're unsure make a test, I have uploaded the songs with a player
here is the link - > LOCOMOTIF-TOO-MUCH-PLAYER

So now it's up to you, maybe you have to edit the genre from Metal to Progressive Metal (Death Influence) (later)/ alternative rock/nu-metal(early) or so what???

And yes, I think the status is on-hold :-( !

thanks for listen!!!

cheers

Alex

Nolax
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:14 pm 

Add Body Count as a Groove Metal? Ice T & his band are all Metalheads.

theunrelentingattack
Not yet ready for a custom title

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:16 pm 

Nolax wrote:
Add Body Count as a Groove Metal? Ice T & his band are all Metalheads.

This was answered just two days ago in this string. Body Count won't be added.

Nolax
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:51 pm 

I wish you guys add Body Count because they aren't part of Nu-Metal scene because there is no rapping in their sound. There's is alot of Crossover Thrash (like Suicidal Tendencies) in their Groove Metal sound.

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:18 pm 

Body Count is hardcore with rapping. Most NYHC is thrashier than this.

RunningWild_AT
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:01 pm 

Just wanted to add Austrian Death-Grind Band "Progeria Buffet", seeing it was blacklisted, which I think is an error.
Don´t know why it was rejected, probably because of "no valid release", but this has changed meanwhile:
They released their Album "Anthems for the Easily Offended" on CD in December, 2013 on Nice to eat You Records (CatNr=NTEY-058).
Proof: Shop-1, Shop-2, Scene-Release, eBay
They play Death-Grind alike Cannibal Corpse, so I suppose this shold be "Metal enough".
What you think?
Rw

RunningWild_AT
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:26 pm 

Hmm, just wanted to add another "blacklisted" one: "Raze the Aeon" (AUT, genre: DM)
Could be a good idea to give us users a hint why a band was blacklisted.
2 reasons with proof, why it should be added:
• "Metal enough": clearly technical DM, check ReverbNation, MySpace
• valid release: EP "Doomsday Haze"
I´m curious …
Rw

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:27 pm 

Regarding Projeria Buffet: Doesn't seem to be a mistake. The blacklist note cites 'groove-goregrind,' which likely means it was close, but no cigar. Sorry.

Regarding Raze the Aeon: This was blacklisted for being more core than metal, and a cursory look at the link seems to coincide with that decision.

Last.fm

RunningWild_AT
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:06 pm 

Diamhea wrote:
Regarding Projeria Buffet: Doesn't seem to be a mistake. The blacklist note cites 'groove-goregrind,' which likely means it was close, but no cigar. Sorry.

So if Goregrind is not accepted, why should these 372 bands be listed in here?

Diamhea wrote:
Regarding Raze the Aeon: This was blacklisted for being more core than metal, and a cursory look at the link seems to coincide with that decision.

Strange, a not so cursory look (by means: hearing the ep) confirms this to be technical brutal DM - at least to my ears…

Anyway, thanks for reasoning that. I will accept this decisions, although I clearly disagree.
Rw

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:37 am 

Some goregrind bands are more death metal-based, some are more punk. Like grindcore it is not necessarily a metal genre.

Raze the Aeon sound quite hardcore-inclined.

xX666liam666Xx
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:04 am 

"We need samples to listen to stuff that's on the actual release. This youtube video appears to be the Wight version? While it could be the same - would like to hear stuff that's actually on the demo. Plus we need links to show some distribution of the demo. Thanks"

There is nothing on youtube of the band (properly). and I cant show a link to the distribution of the demo because it's just him mailing it to people. It's not for sale online or anything like that. Not sure what I'm supposed to do.
The only evidence I can provide is pictures of the demo itself.

theunrelentingattack

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:35 am 

^yeah, I mean there's a bunch of issues I have with this one. Too many bands change names and then complete styles that we really can't listen to the old band and verify what the new band sounds like.

Then with only 20 copies of the tape that he's just handing out, it's kind of like a bedroom band at this point. If he wants to mail me one, I'll listen. Other than that, if there's no evidence online about any of this, might just have to wait to submit until there's a more formal release.

vanderzee
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:19 am 

The Band "Dancing Flame"from brazil is blacklisted (no clue why)
please remove them from the blacklist!!

They realeased their first album in 2009, and a new album "carnival of flames" in 2014.

the info page on lastfm.com

http://www.last.fm/music/Dancing+Flame/Dancing+Flame

http://www.last.fm/music/Dancing+Flame/ ... +of+Flames

available on cdbay:
http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/dancingflame

it's available on itunes:
https://itunes.apple.com/br/album/carni ... d842966574

they're oficial website:
http://www.dancingflameband.com/homept/

thanks a lot!

theunrelentingattack

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:42 am 

^Dancing Flame was blacklisted in 2012 for being a hard rock band, not metal. We'll listen to the new release though to see if it's more metal.

TheDefiniteArticle
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:36 am 

theunrelentingattack wrote:
Wistfulness wrote:
I regularly try to add a group "Morrokk", but now "Morrokk" on the black list, but I am sure that it complies with the "Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives" if you compare "Morrokk" and "Brenoritvrezorkre".
All releases except split Morokk & 1389 are online. Physical tape releases is not more than 5 copies only for friends.

I blacklisted it for being more ambient than metal - back in January. Do they have a newer release that's more metal? And 5 copies to friends is not a valid release. If all their releases are digital then one of them needs to be predominantly metal and at least 20-30 minutes in length. If it meets that criteria, post a link to that proof and samples here and we can re-evaluate.

Not sure when 'January' refers to but apart from the first track (which I think is an intro), on the split with 1389 they're quite clearly more BM than ambient:

http://morrokk.bandcamp.com/album/eternal-hatred-split

xX666liam666Xx
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:39 pm 

^yeah, I mean there's a bunch of issues I have with this one. Too many bands change names and then complete styles that we really can't listen to the old band and verify what the new band sounds like.

Then with only 20 copies of the tape that he's just handing out, it's kind of like a bedroom band at this point. If he wants to mail me one, I'll listen. Other than that, if there's no evidence online about any of this, might just have to wait to submit until there's a more formal release.

-----------------------------------------------------
Me

He doesn't just "mail them out" to random people it was a tape trade. I'm sure he sells them as well. 20 copies isn't that rare to see. check out demos of a bunch of underground black metal bands on this site. I've seen lower numbers. Are you saying I have to wait until the band "gets big" to submit them? How formal do you want, it's black metal. I would send you an mp3 if I could.

But do you really think out of nowhere the band changed, not just there name but the music genre completely? Even if he did change his style (which he didn't) it's still metal. Therefor submitable to the METAL archives..
At some point you moderators are going to have to start trusting people.

MetalCuresHeadaches
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:28 am 

MetalCuresHeadaches wrote:
Whores., the US noise/sludge band. I assume they're blacklisted for more noise than metal, but was their 2014 split with Rabbits considered when they were judged?

Stream: http://whores.bandcamp.com/track/jumpin ... lses-train

Re: whores - exactly right on the reason but no date listed so I'm unsure. I'll take a listen.

Wondering what ever became of this from the last page.

BastardHead wrote:
Everybody sucks, especially you.

gustaff
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:19 am 

Hi man i dnt know why my bands that i want to put in file is blacklisted those are Putrid scum and Cacofonia, they are still active they have a lot of productions and they are in a commonmetal style so they have also a distributor label.
i have found a lot of band here with self-productions with o labels and splited up or with less info ad the stick to be in Metallum.

so i hope a reply about it so this page is start engine in all my browsers on net.

greets

theunrelentingattack

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:55 pm 

TheDefiniteArticle wrote:

Not sure when 'January' refers to but apart from the first track (which I think is an intro), on the split with 1389 they're quite clearly more BM than ambient:

http://morrokk.bandcamp.com/album/eternal-hatred-split

January - it's the first month of the year. :) I've unblacklisted them now. Go ahead and submit. The blacklisting was before this release came out.

theunrelentingattack

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:57 pm 

xX666liam666Xx wrote:
-----------------------------------------------------
Me

He doesn't just "mail them out" to random people it was a tape trade. I'm sure he sells them as well. 20 copies isn't that rare to see. check out demos of a bunch of underground black metal bands on this site. I've seen lower numbers. Are you saying I have to wait until the band "gets big" to submit them? How formal do you want, it's black metal. I would send you an mp3 if I could.

But do you really think out of nowhere the band changed, not just there name but the music genre completely? Even if he did change his style (which he didn't) it's still metal. Therefor submitable to the METAL archives..
At some point you moderators are going to have to start trusting people.

...says the guy that's been dursted.

theunrelentingattack

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:00 pm 

Re: whores. I'll look in the mod forum. I listened to this and think I brought it up there because I believe it's okay. But let me dig.

Re: Putrid scum and Cacofonia - no blacklist reason given. Provide some links to their most metal stuff and we'll give it a listen.

xX666liam666Xx
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:51 pm 

How is that a proper response. Are you fucking 12?

Do you even now why my first profile got "dursted". I went to resubmit one of the bands to fix it, and I changed its location from U.S. to international because the other guy in the band is from British Columbia. I forgot to add it the first time. Apparently you guys thought I was trying to "get around the rules" or some shit and banned me.. I wasn't even able to explain myself. But you know what I did.. I sucked it up like a fucking man and took your shit respectively.
So you know what go fuck yourself... I'm constantly doing shit on this site and all you guys do is shit all over me. pompous cunts!

Don't even worry about the band submission (I'm sure you won't) because im just got to delete it. I don't care anymore. And don't blacklist that band because of me. There a damn good band and they ARE METAL.
go listen to your dsbm and end your life..

Last edited by Metantoine on Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This user was gladly shown the exit.

comingxcurse
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:29 am 

Why has Egokill been blacklisted, I'm curious to know what the issue with them would be?

The album:
http://egokill.bandcamp.com/

Reviews of the album:
http://reviewfix.com/2014/06/egokill-de ... ting-hard/
http://www.metal-temple.com/site/catalo ... roying.htm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1 ... 273, 274, 275, 276, 277, 278, 279 ... 541  Next