Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
BlackheartSauron
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:14 am 

Alhadis wrote:
BlackheartSauron wrote:
It's around 60-70% Crust of course, but still bears ~30% death metal I think

You literally just answered your own question. ;)

How come? Crust (at least the kind Disgust play) is roughly half-punk/half-metal + 30% death metal, gives us around 70% metal music.
Plus the vocals are death-metallish growls.

You know, Napalm Death are also very much Crust + Grind + some percentage of metal, but they're on the site.

So, do you still think I answered my own question there?

Alhadis wrote:
BlackheartSauron wrote:
Also their song "Last Embrace" was even included in "Death... is just the beginning IV" compilation, together with metal bands (though they did also include one band there that doesn't belong - "Dreadful Shadows" with their track "Chains" - so maybe Disgust should be second band that also don't belong - I don't know, you tell me).

So? That means absolutely nothing. If Nickelback was included on that compilation, would that make them metal? :p

Well, that's the thing - Nickelback never was and could never be included on that compilation. So this does mean something. Since you're so smart, I'll leave it up to you to figure out what exactly it means.

Alhadis
Madder Max

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:34 am 

BlackheartSauron wrote:
How come? Crust (at least the kind Disgust play) is roughly half-punk/half-metal + 30% death metal, gives us around 70% metal music.

Dude, there's nothing methodical about how we evaluate metal. We weigh each band individually, and there's no clean way of dissecting a music's genre into percentages. :facepalm: If it strikes us as predominantly metallic, we'll consider it metallic. If it's an iffy/borderline release, it's likely headed for the waste basket.

BlackheartSauron wrote:
You know, Napalm Death are also very much Crust + Grind + some percentage of metal, but they're on the site.

Erm, yeah... they're accepted based on more metallic releases (specifically their later discography). If they split up after Scum, you can bet they'd be blacklisted. :p

BlackheartSauron wrote:
Well, that's the thing - Nickelback never was and could never be included on that compilation. So this does mean something. Since you're so smart, I'll leave it up to you to figure out what exactly it means.

Mate, it means a band could be included on a metal compilation and it still wouldn't affect our judgement as to whether or not it's metal. :) Sorry.

Now look, I'm a fan of crust as well, but this site has specific boundaries when it comes to blurry areas such as grindcore, stoner, metalcore, etc. We assess each band on their own accord, and if they're found to be too dubious, we reject them. It's that simple, m'friend. =)

BlackheartSauron
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:37 am 

Alhadis wrote:
Nickelback could be playing at the "monastic doom" festival

Oh, now I see where this Nickelback argument is coming from - that's sort of "your thing"? Well, I'm ready to put money on a bet that Nickelback won't play at Monastic Doom festival, ever. I'm pretty sure you're not ready to bet on the opposite. Because just like me you know that will never happen. So facts of band playing on a festival or included in compilation or otherwise being involved in the genre-related scene actually does have some significance. By always dismissing them as "irrelevant" you don't get closer to the truth, mate, just showing your ignorance.
Cheers.

BlackheartSauron
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:42 am 

Alhadis wrote:
Dude, there's nothing methodical about how we evaluate metal. We weigh each band individually, and there's no clean way of dissecting a music's genre into percentages. :facepalm: If it strikes us as predominantly metallic, we'll consider it metallic. If it's an iffy/borderline release, it's likely headed for the waste basket.

Well, that's what I thought. But you told me my initially mentioned "percentage" answers my own question, so I ask - how exactly does it? Now, as we can see, it actually doesn't.

If you just meant to say "Disgust doesn't strike me as predominantly metallic" - fine, that actually is the answer I was looking for.
You just had to write it that way, not play smart with "you've answered yourself already and don't bring up irrelevant facts" *doh*.

Ok, case closed.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:45 am 

BlackheartSauron, don't be intentionally dense, please. It's pretty obvious what Alhadis means. What festivals a band plays or what samples their songs are featured on can have some significance, but ultimately we judge the music, nothing else. Nickelback may be a hyperbolic example, but the message is clear. Lots of rock bands playing at Wacken every year, for example. We simply don't accept such circumstantial evidence as an argument for what the band actually sounds like.

Quote:

It's ludicrous to get this mathematical about it. Also, crust is not "roughly" an even match of metal and punk. It's a punk subgenre that's originally also inspired by some early extreme metal and can take on further metal influences, but in its typical form it's punk, not metal; just like grindcore. There are some bands playing a very metallic form of it and/or mixing it with death metal, for example, and some of those can arguably be judged metal enough by our standards, but that doesn't mean that every crust band is automatically 50% (whatever that means) metal.

EDIT: For the record, I checked out some of Disgust's songs and it's indeed typical d-beat crust punk with typical crust/hardcore vocals/shouts. Little to no metal riffs.

BlackheartSauron
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:55 am 

Look, I don't want to be dense or anything like that. It's just a matter of understanding each other. Like when you say:
Azmodes wrote:
What festivals a band plays or what samples their songs are featured on can have some significance

you actually agree it's not irrelevant. So I suppose you agree it should not be considered bad or wrong to mention the fact.

It's not like anyone is saying "here, they played on that gig / were included on that compilation - go put them on the site". It's more like "hey, they've also played on that gig / were included on that compilation - this kind of supports the idea they could possibly fit".
I don't get it why you have to "attack" it with that "this is irrelevant - Nickelback could've been there" stuff.

Word "irrelevant" means irrelevant - i.e. "something that has no relation to the subject whatsoever". While in fact that information is relevant, so I don't get it why people have to be so dismissive.
And yes, Nickelback is of course an overstatement (-: - it's a fake example made up to "prove" the "irrelevance" of those facts, that are actually meaningful. I think you should actually encourage - not discourage - users to bring up some relevant facts to support their point of view.

IMO.

Alhadis
Madder Max

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:00 am 

Okay, let me bottom-line it for you:

We have a set criteria when it comes to deciding what bands we consider metal and those we don't. Their involvement in compilations and festivals is NOT one of those factors.

We judge bands on their physically distributed studio material only. Their live shows might be metal as fuck, but that won't change our perspective of what they've produced on a CD.

BlackheartSauron
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:04 am 

Alhadis wrote:
We judge bands on their physically distributed studio material only. Their live shows might be metal as fuck, but that won't change our perspective of what they've produced on a CD.

Compilation I mentioned actually contained track from the CD.
Seriously, it seems like you're making up excuses on the fly. Better quit it. I already said - the case is closed, the supporting facts are just supporting facts - you're free to ignore them without explaining why (so don't make up any more excuses please, 'cause they are rather funny (-; ), just don't try to "punish" users for bringing up those facts.
Best regards.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:07 am 

Quote:
It's not like anyone is saying "here, they played on that gig / were included on that compilation - go put them on the site". It's more like "hey, they've also played on that gig / were included on that compilation - this kind of supports the idea they could possibly fit".
I don't get it why you have to "attack" it with that "this is irrelevant - Nickelback could've been there" stuff.

We get lots of people using it as an actual argument for inclusion, so we tend to be strict and maybe touchy about someone bringing it up. You can mention it if it makes you happy, but we won't take it into account. Again, the music is where it's at. "they could possibly fit" is not exactly a good argument in itself.

BlackheartSauron wrote:
you actually agree it's not irrelevant. So I suppose you agree it should not be considered bad or wrong to mention the fact.

It can be significant, sure, but only in the sense of "bands playing metal are likely to play at metal festivals". The inverse is obviously true as well, but we don't work with "likely". In that sense it is indeed irrelevant for how we judge bands to determine if they are metal bands, i.e. bands playing metal music and shouldn't be mentioned as it only wastes both parties' time distracts from the essentials. The fact that Kurt Cobain was a guest musician for Earth and the Melvins once isn't irrelevant info for this site either, but it doesn't matter when it comes to the question of whether or not we should add Nirvana. See what I'm getting at here? Let's stick to the important facts, these being the music. That shouldn't be hard to understand.

Both Alhadis and me already gave you the reason why we won't accept the band. It's punk, not metal. It seems you have already grudgingly accepted this, so you should stop arguing and nitpickily twist our words about the "supporting facts" thing just for the sake of arguing and having the last word. Thanks.

ClaymanOnFire
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:54 pm 

I noticed Justin Broadrick's latest side-project JK Flesh isn't on the Archives. While its metalness is certainly disputable, I would think it would be covered by the side project rule? I did a quick search, but couldn't find anything on it.

dantes
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:50 pm 

Hello, I am here to contest the rejection of the band Inside I (Norway) from MA.

I am well aware that the band is playing jumpy, core-influenced MeloDeath but in my opinion they are still way closer to Gothenburg than Sumerian (if you get what I mean).

The two songs available on stream might confuse, while the first minute or so of the first one has almost nothing to do with metal, the rest of the song, and more particularly the second song is clearly Melodic Death Metal. You can listening to it here: (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnPgACn_ ... kw&index=2)

Unfortunately, the album isn't on stream anywhere so these two songs are the only things to judge the band upon. But I remember seeing them live together with their comrades of Haterial and Bleeding Utopia (who are present on MA) and I can say that most of their songs are clearly MeloDeath with shitloads of Heavy Guitars, solos, and the like. The odd mosh part is just here because that's what virtually every local band does in order to sound and/or pretend to sound "Progressive".

So please, accept them, they are an important part of the scene up here.

Sodomator
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:57 pm 

Greetings. I have objection about rejected band http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Cth ... 3540356445 as not metal band. I know rules and I wouldn't add not metal band. In my opinion Cthulhu Rites is black metal with some ambient influences. I put here 2 tracks from YT to coform that:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EhP7sYzsIc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fupoZ7GF3Pc

To say more, on offcial band's site we can read that main music inspirations are Gorgoroth, Nox Arcana, Summoning. Lesser music inspirations: Burzum, Bohren & Der Club of Gore, Silencer so you can see they are very influenced by black metal bands.
Hope you will reconsider your decision.
Best regards!

headlocker
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:48 pm 

Hello Mods,
The finish band Death with a Dagger has apparently been blacklisted. I'd consider the material on "On The Edge Of The Unknown" and the "Try to Fly" single Heavy / Speed Metal, while their earlier releases would probably be considered Hardcore Punk / Punk Rock. Listen to "Try to Fly" [1], for example. Dual Leads, NWoBHM-style riffs, Guitar solos; nothing too far away from bands like Speedtrap (whos Guitarist joined them recently) or Whipstriker on my opinion. Additionally "On The Edge Of The Unknown" and their spilt with Speedtrap have been released on High Roller Records who usually could be described as rather conservative in terms of metalness. And whoever added their releases to the databases of musiksammler.de and discogs (not me) also considered them Metal as well.[2][3]

I'd like to hear your thoughts on this, cheers.

[1] http://www.myspace.com/deathwithadagger
[2] http://www.musik-sammler.de/artist/237855
[3] http://www.discogs.com/artist/Death+With+A+Dagger

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:42 am 

TadakatsuH0nda wrote:
[Unlucky Morpheus] Was a verdict reached on them? I'd mentioned it a few months back and I completely forgot about it since, being busy with other things.

You are not being ignored, I/we'll review it. It usually takes time with freaky Japanese bands. :P

ClaymanOnFire wrote:
I noticed Justin Broadrick's latest side-project JK Flesh isn't on the Archives. While its metalness is certainly disputable, I would think it would be covered by the side project rule? I did a quick search, but couldn't find anything on it.

Can't say for sure. In this case, feel free to submit it and find out. We always discuss these projects in the queue among the staff, as opposed to rejecting or approving them based on one mod's decision. It would be best to submit the project with the necessary proof and reasoning as to why it should be on here provided and let that review process take place.

Sodomator wrote:
Greetings. I have objection about rejected band http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Cth ... 3540356445 as not metal band. I know rules and I wouldn't add not metal band. In my opinion Cthulhu Rites is black metal with some ambient influences. I put here 2 tracks from YT to coform that:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EhP7sYzsIc

I tentatively agree with the rejection, based on those two tracks. Seems the other way round, i.e. ambient with black metal elements.

headlocker wrote:
Hello Mods,
The finish band Death with a Dagger has apparently been blacklisted.

Hmmmm... this deserves another review, can be submitted now.

hydralisca
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:35 am 

I have loaded a band "bid zogo"and they have told me that it's hardcore music (O_o???) when is not hardcore...I have read well the rule!!!! I have seen so many bands with similar sound loaded in metal archives.
I would want to have valid motivations of this rejection
thanks

amakann
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:20 pm 

Was my post ignored? If anything is mistaken in the submission or post, please notify me what it is thats wrong.
I understand having few mods to review all the bands takes time and effort, so if I was misunderstanding about ignoring, I apologize.

Gelal
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:08 pm 

Gelal wrote:
So, not trying to argue against the rejection, but my submission of the Spanish band Phorceps was rejected because they are "hard rock - not metal enough", and while I'll be the first to admit that a couple of their songs are straight up hard rock, I'd say that there are some bands in the Archives that sound more or less as metal as this or this.

Anyone care to confirm that the problem is with my ears perceiving metalness where there is none? Thanks in advance.

Just quoting myself in case this got overlooked.

headlocker
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:57 pm 

Azmodes wrote:
headlocker wrote:
Hello Mods,
The finish band Death with a Dagger has apparently been blacklisted.

Hmmmm... this deserves another review, can be submitted now.

Submitted, thanks.

TadakatsuH0nda
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:47 pm 

Azmodes wrote:
You are not being ignored, I/we'll review it. It usually takes time with freaky Japanese bands. :P

Oh sorry haha. After a couple months I figured I'd check, rather than after just a day or so which I see way too much, I hate when people ask dozens of times or argue endlessly, it buries other questions pages back in the thread. Anyways, take your time and thanks for the response.
------------------------------------------------------------------
Japanese Metal Forum

Last edited by TadakatsuH0nda on Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
ClankTheRobot
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:48 pm 

I recently submitted a newer band from Philadelphia called Swarm of Arrows that has been getting a lot of press (Decibel, Revolver, Hails & Horns etc.) for having signed to a METAL label that is already accepted on your website, and releasing a new METAL album (of which is available on the net AND through a physical CD release) that has been compared to MASTODON, BARONESS, HIGH ON FIRE & KYLESA (all accepted on your site) in many reviews that are found through Google searches (I can submit proof if necessary). The submission was REJECTED for not being a METAL band. The only thing that may have been wrong was the inclusion of the word "Hardcore" in the genre description, which is actually not really needed. SLUDGE METAL is perfectly acceptable. However, when I removed that word and tried to resubmit, a message appeared that stated the band was BLACKLISTED and could not be resubmitted. I respectfully ask that you PLEASE REVIEW and reverse this decision, as I think these are more than enough reasons why the band should be included on your site. There are additional pieces of information below.

1) Did you read all the Site Rules?

Yes

2) Does your submitted band have a physical album out? (e.g. CD, LP or cassette)

Yes, see this link for a picture of a stack of physical discs:

http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/5113/stackofdiscs.jpg

3) Is your submitted band's CD/LP/tape released already as of the date of your posting?

It was released on Black Friday, 11/23/2012

4) Did you provide evidence of the above under the "submission rules" field of the band form?

It was not denied for this.

Please review this band's music here to hear that it is indeed METAL:

http://www.swarmofarrows.com

Thank you for your time, re-consideration.

Derigin
The Mountain Man

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:07 am 

Yeah, it wasn't rejected for not having evidence of a physical release, it was strictly rejected for not being metal, sorry!

By the way, we really don't care if it is signed to a metal label (that means nothing) or whether it has been compared to metal bands (again, that means nothing). We only care about the music, and - after a review done by a number of mods - we opted to reject this band as being rooted more in hardcore/-core than in metal.

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:25 am 

I'll just say this, ClankTheRobot: thank you for having actually read the OP and even taking the time to answer the questions (they are meant to be asked by the poster to himself before he even posts, not necessarily to be answered within the post, but that works too!). If only everyone posting here were like that... ^^

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

trollmyst
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:44 am 

Hi moderators, I've a problem, my band has been rejected because it is considerer not metal, perhaps you have not listen well all songs, there is a myspace link http://www.myspace.com/597843890, I consider these songs industrial metal, there are elements of electronic and noise, but all cd is Metal for me.
I hope to know your opinions
Very thanks!

p.s. I send you a file with photos of demo cd with image shack
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/443/dsc02260r.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/855/dsc02259p.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/94/dsc02258lt.jpg/

spacewino
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:20 am 

"Warning: a band called "Vonülf" (Finland) has been blacklisted!"

Why is that?

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:58 am 

^ Reason entered was: "4/7 tracks on tape are released under previous band names."

trollmyst wrote:
Hi moderators, I've a problem, my band has been rejected because it is considerer not metal, perhaps you have not listen well all songs, there is a myspace link http://www.myspace.com/597843890, I consider these songs industrial metal, there are elements of electronic and noise, but all cd is Metal for me.

Not even close. This is almost pure industrial, with only minor influences from metal.

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:50 pm 

headlocker wrote:
Hello Mods,
The finish band Death with a Dagger has apparently been blacklisted. I'd consider the material on "On The Edge Of The Unknown" and the "Try to Fly" single Heavy / Speed Metal, while their earlier releases would probably be considered Hardcore Punk / Punk Rock. Listen to "Try to Fly" [1], for example. Dual Leads, NWoBHM-style riffs, Guitar solos; nothing too far away from bands like Speedtrap (whos Guitarist joined them recently) or Whipstriker on my opinion. Additionally "On The Edge Of The Unknown" and their spilt with Speedtrap have been released on High Roller Records who usually could be described as rather conservative in terms of metalness. And whoever added their releases to the databases of musiksammler.de and discogs (not me) also considered them Metal as well.[2][3]

I'd like to hear your thoughts on this, cheers.

[1] http://www.myspace.com/deathwithadagger
[2] http://www.musik-sammler.de/artist/237855
[3] http://www.discogs.com/artist/Death+With+A+Dagger

I wouldn't use musiksammler or discogs as evidence of anything.
But I was checking the songs on Myspace, and I'm at a loss as to why this was blacklisted... unless the debut EP is really pure hardcore punk (only heard one song off youtube and it was borderline, not that bad), the rest is pure NWOBHM worship from the second album onwards. Nice find.

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:

High On Metal420
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:00 pm 

i checked for the band Born of Osiris from chicago formed in 2003 and as far as i can tell there's no listing on here so i went to add it to help the community and it seems i can't. any particular reason for this? it says the band was black listed.i just want to spread the knowledge of amazing metal with my fellow metal heads. and i certainly don't want to disturb a bee's nest of any kind.

Thanks.
Thrash Eternally

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:03 pm 

Next time, please use the search function. The band was discussed again on page 172-173, so the last 2 previous pages. They were judged non acceptable deathcore.

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

trollmyst
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:46 pm 

Morrigan wrote:
^ Reason entered was: "4/7 tracks on tape are released under previous band names."

trollmyst wrote:

Not even close. This is almost pure industrial, with only minor influences from metal.

thanks for your opinions.

col50
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:14 pm 

Hello, I was trying to add my band Ingested Lobotomized Remains and it said my band was blacklisted. I did not try adding my band before so i think maybe someone tried adding it back when there were no physical releases. There are physical releases http://ingestedlobotomizedremains.bigcartel.com/ and im pretty sure its metal enough http://youtu.be/Hljx--FQcm4 http://youtu.be/tQHIEfus3ho

MalignantThrone
Vanished in the Cosmic Futility

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:07 pm 

Dude, that logo... o_O That's gotta compete with 55gore and Decrepity Depravity as far as utter absurdity goes.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:32 pm 

Unacceptable goregrind.

col50
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:03 pm 

Unacceptable Goregrind? But theres many elements of brutal deathmetal and slam. Its closer to brutal death then grindcore and I see many goregrind bands on this site.

Sternenfeuer
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:50 pm 

Hi, I'd like to know why Atoma (Sweden) is blacklisted.

Short info:
Members: guys from former Slumber
Genre: Experimental/ Atmospheric Metal
Label: Napalm Records
Album: Skylight, released March 30, 2012
(Reviews: http://www.seaoftranquility.org/reviews ... t&id=12453, http://metalkaoz.com/album-reviews/5575 ... light.html and many more, see Atoma website)
Web: http://atomaweb.com , http://www.myspace.com/atomaband

Tzeench
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:18 pm 

Hi,

I'm curios to know why a band like Caladan Brood has been blacklisted. What are the reasons? I find the very first post on the first page to be a bit overwhelming to read and understand.

Here's the general info on the band:

Name: Caladan Brood
Year of Formation: 2008
Genre: Epic Black Metal
Lyrical Themes: Fantasy, Steven Erikson's "Malazan Book of the Fallen"
Members: Shield Anvil - vocals, guitar, bass, programming; Vocals, guitar, additional keyboards
Press Contact: [email protected]

Discography:

The band is releasing their debut full-length on CD, titled "Echoes of Battle," on February 15, 2013 on Northern Silence Productions. Follow the below link for proof:

http://www.northern-silence.de/files/ca ... echoes.htm

If you could please inform me specifically in laymans terms why this new up-and-coming artist/band has been blacklisted, I would appreciate it.

Thanks.

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:37 pm 

The album is not released yet. It's clearly written in the rules that the band needs a "released" album.

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

Alhadis
Madder Max

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:01 am 

col50 wrote:
Unacceptable Goregrind? But theres many elements of brutal deathmetal and slam. Its closer to brutal death then grindcore and I see many goregrind bands on this site.

This was a joint decision and I was the one who blacklisted them in the end, dude. Yeah, there's elements of slam in the music, but they're not what drive the music. It's largely riffless goregrind - some tracks were acceptable, but they were far outnumbered by the ones that weren't.

It wasn't an easy consensus, but we agreed until you release something that's more dominantly metallic, noisy, riff-free goregrind hasn't a chance of getting into the site. Sorry.

BlackOne666
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:07 am 

Hi!...My band Silence The Earth, was rejected due to lack of "metalness", I think that this is wrong. My aim is to make BM with some ambient interludes, just as Demonoir by 1349. So I think that the reason for blacklist STE haven't make any sense.

Hope that this finally works

Cheers!!!:)

Alhadis
Madder Max

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:09 am 

BlackOne666 wrote:
Hi!...My band Silence The Earth, was rejected due to lack of "metalness", I think that this is wrong. My aim is to make BM with some ambient interludes, just as Demonoir by 1349. So I think that the reason for blacklist STE haven't make any sense.

Well... actually, it does. If the only release that 1349 had ever released was "Demonoir", you can bet they'd be blacklisted too. :p (Although that album actually still has more metal tracks than interludes, really... hopefully you get what I'm trying to say, here...)

A band needs one predominantly metallic album, and if there's too many ambient interludes, it's considered an ambient act with metallic songs, not the other way around. Sorry.

dantes
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:50 am 

Could there be any mods here to answer my query regarding INSIDE I (Norway) ? I'm sure most here are being overwhelmed by stuff to do but it would be nice not to forget this particular issue.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1 ... 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177 ... 541  Next