Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
NecrodevilEvilous
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 5:49 pm 

Azmodes wrote:
NecrodevilEvilous wrote:
Plus here's one of the tracks off this album (check out the sound on 3:55):
https://soundcloud.com/svart-records/at ... -pakoputki

Part doom, part noisy heavy psych rock. We need to listen to the entire (second) release here.

+ take in consideration black metal vocals - but yes, I understand the point - though unfortunately digital version isn't still available - so how can you check it?

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 5:53 pm 

Vocals have no bearing on the moderation process. We go by the riffs.
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:00 pm 

NecrodevilEvilous wrote:
+ take in consideration black metal vocals - but yes, I understand the point - though unfortunately digital version isn't still available - so how can you check it?

Well, bluntly put, it's your job to provide sufficient samples. If you can't, we can't take the band at this point and have to wait until the album becomes available to us somehow.

Godan88
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:05 pm 

We ,as band Arktogäa , have already asked to ItsemurhaLeksi to respect and follow our instructions about the Arktogäa's profile on MA. But it seems that he refuses obtusely and stubbornly to accept our infos. Instead to accept and use in correct way our detailed info provided on everything concerning our submission to MA , ItsemurhaLeksi is abusing its position to add wrong info on our line up, adding contacts that we have not asked to show on MA ,adding wrong music genre etc;
This user is showing 0 respect towards us = the band. Arrogating the right to do as he wishes without even hearing what we have to say. This ItsemurhaLeksi can be reported as incompetent to those responsible of MA?
Some moderator can help us ?

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:14 pm 

Bands don't "own" their pages on the site. This is a database where anybody can add and edit (to a point) data. If some information is incorrect on the band page, flag a report. Be sure to provide proof of your claims. We deal with NS bullshit drama every day, so attempts at whitewashing public information will not be honoured. Fair warning.

Looking at the page I see nothing overtly wrong. No personal details are added to the artist pages, although adding the label's contact to a band page is a bit strange.
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

Godan88
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:59 pm 

Diamhea wrote:
Bands don't "own" their pages on the site. This is a database where anybody can add and edit (to a point) data. If some information is incorrect on the band page, flag a report. Be sure to provide proof of your claims. We deal with NS bullshit drama every day, so attempts at whitewashing public information will not be honoured. Fair warning.

Looking at the page I see nothing overtly wrong. No personal details are added to the artist pages, although adding the label's contact to a band page is a bit strange.

Someone can cancel the label's contact from the page?

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:45 pm 

Like I said flag a report on the band page.

Quote:
We are the band and of course we know we are. Not bureaucRATS of shit like you. This is the prove.

EDIT: Since you decided to PM me and call the staff of the site all manner of names, you can fuck right off. You fit in perfectly with the rest of those NSBM crybabies. And like I said, no whitewashing; yet the very first thing you ask me to do is wipe the entire band page from the site.

Last.fm

af Worms
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:19 am 

Diamhea wrote:
Vocals have no bearing on the moderation process. We go by the riffs.

Well, I understand how that (to me utterly strange!) "rule" decreased the so-called "metal percent" a lot for Felched By The Goat in your ears.
And also, what about subject matter, overall presentation?
How ANY experimental/avantgarde (black) metal ever got through your gates, is a mystery to me (unless perhaps previous admins were more openminded? I certainly don't know the inside back history of this site).
I mean, if you are not "allowed" to experiment and push the boundaries of metal and drag other elements into it, since then you disqualify it as "not being metal". The comments I've read from some of you guys seem extremely orthodox to me. Is Watain bringing in an accordion for a short moment were you draw the line? I'm sincerely puzzled by the outlook on this, since I've come across some very cool & strange bands in the Encyclopedia, that's why, and I was (am!) hoping to find more, but maybe this is the thread to bookmark and dig into - the outcasts? (apart from people who couldn't behave and await that their "upcoming" release became indeed released)

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:48 am 

We have 100,000+ bands listed, I'd wager we aren't as draconian as you suggest. Yes, staffers come and go, but the general idea of what we accept and what we do not has largely remained the same over the years. Not that there aren't bumps on the road, but hence the existence of this thread's counterpart.

A metal riff means different things to different people, as do its boundaries. We have no issue with experimentation or eclectic instrumentation or the like, as long as the focus on riffing as we understand it is there. Things can get quite weird indeed, but still remain metal. We didn't hear this in Felched by the Goat, hence why they aren't getting listed on our site. You may think this is glaringly inconsistent, citing some cherry-picked listed bands, but no matter what we were to in- or exclude, there'd always be a non-negligible number of people thinking we have weird standards. The key lies in understanding that with as fuzzy a subject as music genres and the sheer number of bands we deal with a perfect record is impossible. Please respect the decision on your band and move on.

digothal
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 12:00 pm 

my new project with blacklisted old name, please check my 3 new demos (more 30 minutes). is it metal??? if its metal, please tell me the name of the genre for every tracks (if you dont mind) coz i dont know how to describe the genre of my song

1. https://digothal.bandcamp.com/album/bac ... ction-demo
2. https://digothal.bandcamp.com/album/pou ... ction-demo
3. https://digothal.bandcamp.com/album/twi ... ction-demo

sorry for my english :P

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 12:56 pm 

If you are asking about whether these would be valid releases... not a chance, these are three separate demo tracks. Even labelled as "pre-production", so not a finished product.

digothal
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 1:00 pm 

Azmodes wrote:
If you are asking about whether these would be valid releases... not a chance, these are three separate demo tracks. Even labelled as "pre-production", so not a finished product.

it finished track, it labeled "pre-production because i have a plan to rerecord it someday, maybe next 2 years. and its 6 tracks officially. the first one have 2 tracks, the second one have 3 tracks, and the last one have 1 tracks

Russman656
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:40 pm 

Hello,

My band Jenkem is blacklisted and I think its because we were grind core when we first started with not many metal riffs. I'm asking if we can be off that list. We now play a mixture of death metal and grind core. We have our discography out on cd witch was put out in 2014, we are about to put out a 7 inch this year as well. Is it possible to be taken off that list? I think we meet all your guidelines and can prove it as well. Here is our sound cloud to prove our music and our cd release.

https://www.facebook.com/thetruejenkemofficial/?fref=ts

https://soundcloud.com/jenkem-3

http://thetruejenkem.bandcamp.com

Thank you very much for your time!

Russ

jacob_mitchem
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 7:29 am 

I tried to submit a band called AHTME. They are a technical/brutal death metal band signed to Unique Leaders. They were formerly known as The Roman Holiday, but changed their name to AHTME. They rereleased an album under Unqiue Leader Records called The Demonization that they had under their old name. The rules and guidelines say that rereleases count as valid releases. My band was blacklisted. I am not sure why. I included a link to the music, as well as a link to the store where you can buy the CD or vinyl.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 8:24 am 

digothal wrote:
Azmodes wrote:

it finished track, it labeled "pre-production because i have a plan to rerecord it someday, maybe next 2 years. and its 6 tracks officially. the first one have 2 tracks, the second one have 3 tracks, and the last one have 1 tracks

That may be, but it's still essentially three separate demo tracks. And now the Bandcamp page doesn't even work anymore. Do you see the problem here?

jacob_mitchem wrote:
I tried to submit a band called AHTME. They are a technical/brutal death metal band signed to Unique Leaders. They were formerly known as The Roman Holiday, but changed their name to AHTME. They rereleased an album under Unqiue Leader Records called The Demonization that they had under their old name. The rules and guidelines say that rereleases count as valid releases. My band was blacklisted. I am not sure why. I included a link to the music, as well as a link to the store where you can buy the CD or vinyl.

Re-releases do not count as valid releases for bands with no entry yet (for listed bands they are acceptable to add as child entries for the original releases). You need something new released. The band was blacklisted because (presumably) you did not stop submitting despite this.

@Jenkem: hm, wasn't this material already considered? Sounds pretty punk to me.

raspberrysoda
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 8:52 am 

What about Electro Hippies? They're thrashcore but they lean on the more thrash side than the punk one.

stainedclass2112 wrote:
It was a joke you darn can of fizzy sweetened liquid

BastardHead wrote:
Somebody is getting murdered but poor razz just wants his beauty sleep.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 8:56 am 

"Crust punk/thrashcore" according to the 2014 blacklisting. Thrashcore is a genre of hardcore punk, not metal, anyway.

Russman656
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 11:20 am 

Jenkem's older stuff has some punk but the newer recordings are defiantly death/grind. I have a link put up for the soundcloud if you have time to listen.

Thanks

Krzychu_Nerville
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 12:03 pm 

Nerville (Poland). I can't add beacause somehow it's blackisted. Havind read rules it's hard for me to find any reasons :P

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 12:18 pm 

"Based on the previews of all tracks from "The Grand Illusion" this is some sort of heavy prog without metal riffs, but a lot of chugging."

Krzychu_Nerville
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 1:31 pm 

"The grand ILLUSION"? It's "The Grand Design". Maybe you have checked the wrong band or It was a metaphore of Nerville being not enough metal :D

Muhammadabbadabba
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 1:40 pm 

Another casualty to the Witcher Administration: Antisect

Admittedly, the first LP is much more Hardcore than Metal, but the "Out of the Void" EP sounds quite thrashy.

"Out from the Void" EP:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uunzI77TwGw

"In Darkness, There Is No Choice" LP:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2pYl_vYiyc

"Live in the Darkness" Live LP:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYHXVoZA1A8

"Peace Is Better Than a Place in History" Live LP:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOQZtXGaR9M

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 1:53 pm 

Krzychu_Nerville wrote:
"The grand ILLUSION"? It's "The Grand Design". Maybe you have checked the wrong band or It was a metaphore of Nerville being not enough metal :D

That is what the blacklist note says. I assure you, it's the correct band.

Krzychu_Nerville
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 2:04 pm 

So how is possible that bands like Opeth, Dream Theater that is all just chugging, or even Sonic Syndicate found their places here :O

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 2:07 pm 

Are they? News to me. Well, can't speak for Sonic Syndicate, since I don't know them. We're not talking about them, though.

EDIT: And yeah, I just checked and it's the same band. I guess the mod who blacklisted it made a mistake with the album title.

LordCarcharoth
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 5:15 pm 

Vanta Black Forest, it says it is black listed. I tried to add this today because Depressive Illusions posted about them, they have a full release now and they are black metal. I don't know why it is black listed, please take a look at this.
http://dir666.bandcamp.com/album/cold-year

PDS
The Folk One

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 5:30 pm 

LordCarcharoth wrote:
Vanta Black Forest, it says it is black listed. I tried to add this today because Depressive Illusions posted about them, they have a full release now and they are black metal. I don't know why it is black listed, please take a look at this.
http://dir666.bandcamp.com/album/cold-year

They were blacklisted last year for being more Dark Ambient than Metal. This release has like, 3 metal tracks, and only one that is fully metal. This is staying on the blacklist
I dunno, I'm a guitarist and it always feels like playing a giant cock. Not just that but live music should hit you in the genitals. It might not if you don't use good amplifiers and your modelling shit goes straight out of the PA. But good music hits you HARD in the GENITALS.

MDL
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 6:01 pm 

"Today I remembered about Terraspex, which I tried to add some time ago and got rejected because the band had released one (power) metal single and another single of another genre. I was thinking that there are lots of bands in the similar situation on MA (such as the one I will note below) and that Terraspex could be eventually added:
http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Ash/3540409808

and their song:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IK5rG3vWfJU"

digothal
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 8:44 pm 

Azmodes wrote:
That may be, but it's still essentially three separate demo tracks. And now the Bandcamp page doesn't even work anymore. Do you see the problem here?

i make them "private" last sunday night coz i think the level is a little bit low on track 1 and 2 and i want to rerecord and reprogramm guitar on track 3 and 4 and also i want to finish track no 6 and bonus track 7 and 8, so yesterday i make them louder. and today i',m working on track 6, 7, 8. i will rerelease them soon as finished tracks

EpicDismemberment
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 1:02 pm 

Hi,
Estoner's new album
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOlX9BKPfQE
Please make a re-evaluation on this, thanks ;)

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 1:14 pm 

Gloriously dumb name. :lol: Whitelisted.

MDL666 wrote:
"Today I remembered about Terraspex, which I tried to add some time ago and got rejected because the band had released one (power) metal single and another single of another genre. I was thinking that there are lots of bands in the similar situation on MA (such as the one I will note below) and that Terraspex could be eventually added:
http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Ash/3540409808

and their song:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IK5rG3vWfJU"

Well, the blacklist note actually says that one single is borderline, the other not metal...

Mikhail95
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 1:33 pm 

Why was Rammstein rejected? I mean songs like sonne, Feuer Frei, and Rein Raus sound very sonically massive to me. Plus the lyrics for the first two songs I mentioned have very dark lyrics and subject matter making them even heavier because of that. Rein Raus is a joke song but some of their songs are extremely dark another example is ohne dich.

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 1:35 pm 

search.php?st=0&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&keywords=Rammstein&t=64985&sf=msgonly&ch=-1

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 1:50 pm 

Also...
mikey22 wrote:
sonically massive [..] very dark lyrics and subject matter [..] extremely dark

None of these are unique to metal, and neither sufficient nor necessary conditions.

Russman656
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 6:02 pm 

Jenkem

http://jenkem.stereokiller.com

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 6:06 pm 

Alright and is there a valid release containing these and/or similar songs?

CosmicDruid
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 8:02 pm 

2 Inquiries

1. On what Ghost/Ghost B.C. release was there a majority of music that was metal?

2. Warm from Connecticut was blacklisted. How is the majority of music on their second release "Warm II" not metal? Any clear and honest level of detail in an explanation will be satisfactory.

I am only posting to receive a serious answer and will not start a debate. I will only respond to a reply to thank you for your time.

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 8:11 pm 

1) As the band was added to MA in 2010, it's sort of easy to deduce that they were judged to be metal enough because of their debut album. That's a metal album, for sure and so is Mellora.

2) I'm not familiar with Warm but the blacklist says the following: "First EP borderline, but the rest is mathy/sludgy post-something, not really metal.". This was back in 2014.

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

Mikhail95
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 3:33 am 

Why was attack attack rejected they are so br00tal? I mean those crushing breakdowns, followed by the clean chorus in smokahontas, and those electro parts oh my god like so br00tal. I mean they make thrash metal bands look soft I mean just look at them.

NecrodevilEvilous
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 4:06 am 

So again about Atomikylä (Finland) (side-project by members of Dark Buddha Rising and Oranssi Pazuzu).

You asked me about the second release - and now it's available on Bandcamp:
https://atomikyla.bandcamp.com/album/ker-ily

So it's tagged as "psychedelic metal" (band's members are playing Psychedelic Doom Metal and Psychedelic Black Metal in Dark Buddha Rising and Oranssi Pazuzu respectively) - so Atomikylä combines pychedelic stoner doom metal with heavy psych rock (all songs have long enough psych rock intros) and even black metal - and they definitely have metal riffs.

Plus again here are (I already posted them) examples that the band is metal enough:

Fragment from their performance on recent Roadburn festival:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-U1V_6BxeA

Track from their previous album - pure stoner doom metal:
https://soundcloud.com/future-lunch/ihmiskallo

Another track - beginning as a psychedelic rock it turns into psych black metal (around 3:40) and then turns to psych stoner metal (5:26):
https://soundcloud.com/future-lunch/ato ... usta-kulta

Please check them out, guys.
Thank you!

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1 ... 378, 379, 380, 381, 382, 383, 384 ... 541  Next