Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 11:44 am 

Of_This_Night36 wrote:
Write To Forget are blacklisted, and everything I can find (including the rejection for my own submission from a year ago) is because there's no proof of any physical releases. I have proof:

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos- ... 4048_n.jpg

Can I resubmit the band?

The blacklist note says "ambient". The songs in their Myspace seem to confirm this.

Alhadis
Madder Max

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 11:46 am 

Of_This_Night36 wrote:
Write To Forget are blacklisted, and everything I can find (including the rejection for my own submission from a year ago) is because there's no proof of any physical releases. I have proof:

May I also just add, that even if the band wasn't an ambient act, that flyer alone still wouldn't be enough to prove a physical release. Many bands have used a graphical representation of a CD to advertise purely digital releases.

There's nothing on that flyer that says the EP is actually a compact disc.

Of_This_Night36
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 12:25 pm 

I don't see any blacklist notes. Is there any way to see the blacklist itself? Or its notes?

Also, I've never heard of a band using images of nonexistent CDs. I'm not doubting what you said; on the contrary, that sounds strangely (sadly?) believable. I'm just saying that that's why I put the image/link there.

MadMetalMachine
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 12:30 pm 

Azmodes wrote:
Alhadis wrote:
Still sounds like hard rock to me.

Hard Rock? This is joke or what??? This band sounds like QUEENSRYCHE.Listen to Riffs!!! It's even more metal than hard Rock band DOKKEN (And you have this band in M-A) I do not take your word because looks like 25 y.o Google Metal generation moderators do not know what is Metal and What is NOT.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 12:30 pm 

Of_This_Night36 wrote:
I don't see any blacklist notes. Is there any way to see the blacklist itself? Or its notes?

Not for non-staff users. It's not public.

Alhadis
Madder Max

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 12:56 pm 

Quote:
I do not take your word because looks like 25 y.o Google Metal generation moderators do not know what is Metal and What is NOT.

To be fair, that was closer to metal than, say, Guns and Roses, but the assessment still stands: the riffs didn't seem like the driving component of the music. End of story. You disagree with our opinion? Hey, it's not like that hasn't happened before. :rolleyes:

So in conclusion, either quit your melodramatic whinging or expect a forum gag. Can't speak for the other mods, but lately I've been finding you a belligerent pest.

Porman
Sweek Souvlaki Muncher

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 2:09 pm 

MadMetalMachine wrote:

I do not take your word because looks like 25 y.o Google Metal generation moderators do not know what is Metal and What is NOT.

Just because you're a 40-year old fart, doesn't make you the epitome of defining heavy metal. You'd be surprised at how many young individuals there are out there who know more than both you and I, about the scene in general!

OpsiusCato
Mexican Metal Inquisition

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 3:14 pm 

On the pretty recent (just a couple of minutes ago) rejection of the "Tipton, Entwistle & Powell" submission, I may have used the wrong explanation when I reported the albums that were already listed as Glenn Tipton's solo material.

While I mentioned it as a collaborative effort between the 3 musicians, it is actually a band on itself, making it a whole different project from Glenn's solo material. In fact, this new band formed by Glenn and Cozy, later joined by John and Don Airey (on keyboards) was intended to record the album, and play live and tour and all of that. The next quotes are taken from Glenn Tipton's site, in the article about this album:

"...the first person I approached was Cozy Powell..."
"...I invited Cozy up to my house and played him the material and he immediately said he'd like to play together..."
"...We next needed a bass player..."
"...Our plan at the time was to form a band and go out and play live and we needed someone who would fit..."
"...John Entwistle's name came up..."
"...sent a couple of tracks down to see if he was interested..."
"...John called me and agreed to work together..."
"...we decided to stay with the three piece line up..."
"...I totally believed in the band and the songs..."

I think this quotes make clear that this is a full band, and not a collaboration in the sense of Metallica/Lou Reed in "Lulu" (which is the example Derigin provided).

The reason this band folded is that the record label told Glenn to write new music and use other musicians, since the TE&P lineup was "too old school", so he went back and recorded a whole new album with several other guests, releasing it as his solo album "Baptizm of Fire". When Glenn gave the news to John and Cozy, they were ok with it, since Cozy was in talks to rejoin Black Sabbath and John had plans to tour with the Who. Even though they planned to continue with the band eventually, the plans fell apart when Ripper Owens joined Judas Priest.

The story is explained on Glenn's site, here. In the bar on the right, under the menu there's an image of "Baptizm of Fire", and right under it there's an image of "Edge of the World". Over the picture, it clearly says "Tipton, Entwistle & Powell - Edge of the World".

I think the name was picked because of the three musicians who play in the band, much like "Emerson, Lake & Palmer" or "Bozzio Levin Stevens".

Having mentioned this (which I should have mentioned earlier, in the submission notes) I kindly ask you to reconsider the submission. In my eyes, this is a valid band, different from Glenn's stuff.
Opsius is Metal as fuck.

oogboog
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 4:02 pm 

What is the official release date of Visceral Throne's upcoming album? Azmodes had told another user that the release date was May 22nd, but it seems like it is sooner.

https://www.facebook.com/visceralthrone ... 4380881894

Alhadis
Madder Max

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 4:12 pm 

Visceral Throne wrote:
‎12 MORE DAYS TIL YOUR PRE-ORDERS SHIP!

Yeah, okay... that looks like the CD is shipping early to those who pre-ordered.

Which doesn't change anything, because we still don't accept bands submitted prior to their official release dates, even if those pre-ordering got their copies early.

Derigin
The Mountain Man

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 5:24 pm 

OpsiusCato,

Let's say the collaborative project between Tipton, Entwistle and Powell could be consider a band and not simply a single album collaboration. Despite whether or not it ever truly came to fruition, or if it might have been Tipton's wishful thinking, we will conceptualize it as a band for the sake of this discussion.

What we're essentially looking at here is a metal side-project of a solo-project. The other dilemma is that the side-project (T,E&P) never actually released anything. It was Tipton years later that took the album out of cold storage and released it under his solo-project to honor their memories. One of the key facets to acceptance as a band in the archives is that the band ought to have released the material themselves. This is not always the case (exception was made for Black Rose, for example), but it is an expectation. A band ought to release its own material. In this case, it appears for all intents and purposes that Tipton and his label had control of the release of this album, much more so than did the other members of the collaborative project. It was Tipton's project from the beginning.

I've spoken to Morri and HB about this, and gained the input of several other moderators, and we've opted to keep it as it is. Our reasoning is two-fold. On the one hand, while we recognize that Tipton considers the project in hindsight to be a collaborative band, that at the time of recording it was viewed by the ones who ordained it (the label, and perhaps Tipton) as a project under the full control of the whims of Tipton's label. The fact that he was forced to shelve the album, and move onto newer younger artists suggests that the album was only ever intended to be a collaborative album wherein he was responsible for its recruitment. This is certainly true when you see that Baptizm of Fire is released solely as a Tipton album with collaborative guests. Second, and more relevant, is the understanding that neither Baptizm of Fire nor Edge of the World encapsulate a style distinctly formed outside of Tipton's own solo work; unlike Black Rose it is not a previously self-contained band on its own. T,E&P were set up as a project meant to encapsulate Tipton's already-existing style of music, with the efforts of Entwistle and Powell in helping to shape it towards a direction that Tipton (and his label) already envisioned (a normal aspect of a collaborative album). In both cases, T,E&P is just not unique enough nor definitive enough to be considered for its own band page, sorry.

DeathbringerScythe
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 12:55 am 

I read an info about Animetal USA, they will present an original song for a series

"In March 2012 it was revealed that the band have collaborated with Hironobu Kageyama of JAM Project to provide the opening theme to the Naruto anime spin-off series Naruto Shippuden: Rock Lee & His Ninja Pals.[6] This song is set to be released as a single and will also be included on their forthcoming second album due for release in Japan in June 2012."

This will allow that the band could be added?

Greets

Derigin
The Mountain Man

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 12:59 am 

The album that we judge metalness on must be predominantly metal, and a single is normally not enough music to judge "predominance" or even "metalness." If that second album for June is predominantly metal and is original music, then it would qualify.

OpsiusCato

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 11:39 am 

Derigin wrote:
...T,E&P...

Well, thanks for taking it into consideration anyways, and sorry to make you type the answer twice.

Now, I'm going back to work.
Opsius is Metal as fuck.

PillarofModern
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 12:04 pm 

Question: Why was Egokill deleted?

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 12:35 pm 

PillarofModern wrote:
Question: Why was Egokill deleted?

Blacklist note reads "predominantly more -core than metal".

oogboog
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 8:57 pm 

Why was Fates Demise from United States blacklisted?

http://www.facebook.com/fatesdemise

Alhadis
Madder Max

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 9:03 pm 

-Core/Djent.

~Guest 291114
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 10:00 am 

Why was Termination deleted? Isn't a Demo a physical record? There are many bands in the archives that have only demo releases.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 10:45 am 

Uhlek wrote:
Why was Termination deleted? Isn't a Demo a physical record? There are many bands in the archives that have only demo releases.

The type of the release isn't the problem. There is no evidence that the demo is out on a physical medium, which means on CD, tape, etc... (NOT digital only). Please read the rules (section "Bands and albums").

~Guest 291114
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 11:07 am 

Azmodes wrote:
Uhlek wrote:

The type of the release isn't the problem. There is no evidence that the demo is out on a physical medium, which means on CD, tape, etc... (NOT digital only). Please read the rules (section "Bands and albums").

But how can I proove that it's a physical record? You also accepted Kings of Thunder (the band, from which Termination resulted), or has someone seen that their album is a physical record?

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 12:24 pm 

Uhlek wrote:
But how can I proove that it's a physical record? You also accepted Kings of Thunder (the band, from which Termination resulted), or has someone seen that their album is a physical record?

I don't know what kind of evidence was provided for Kings of Thunder, I didn't approve them (wasn't even a mod back then), but if they got accepted it had to be compelling.

Ways of proving a physical release are: Taking a picture of one or more copies, uploading it and including it in the submission notes; linking to a review mentioning a CD; linking to an online distro; a flyer of a CD release show or just about any mention of a physical release for sale/available on the band's website, Facebook, Myspace, etc... You get the picture.

~Guest 291114
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 12:29 pm 

Azmodes wrote:
Uhlek wrote:

I don't know what kind of evidence was provided for Kings of Thunder, I didn't approve them (wasn't even a mod back then), but if they got accepted it had to be compelling.

Ways of proving a physical release are: Taking a picture of one or more copies, uploading it and including it in the submission notes; linking to a review mentioning a CD; linking to an online distro; a flyer of a CD release show or just about any mention of a physical release for sale/available on the band's website, Facebook, Myspace, etc... You get the picture.

Okay, a Photo of the Demo-CD will come in a few Days!

Goatfangs
58.2% Metal

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 11:57 pm 

Can Primal Rock Rebellion be added to the archives?

Don't really know how metal or non-metal the album is but it's a studio side project of Adrian Smith of Iron Maiden (and Mikee Goodman of Sikth), and the album was released through Spinefarm.

I know Goodman's band isn't on the archives, but from what I'm reading about the album Awoken Broken both Adrian Smith and Goodman had a major role in creating this album. It's definitely a side project collaboration, and so far seems to be studio only (no mention of a touring band and whatnot).

And they'll tell you black is really white - The moon is just the sun at night - And when you walk in golden halls - You get to keep the gold that falls - It's Heaven and Hell

Rob1
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 1:53 pm 

I don't know what the moderators will say but you can always add it to Adrian's Artist Page I guess!

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 1:56 pm 

It was in the queue a while back, but was eventually rejected for not being metal and not qualifying as a proper side-project. As for the second part, you'd have to ask Derigin why exactly, though.

davidcesarthrasher
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 9:07 pm 

HELLO
I AM OWNER OF ANGELS BAND IN WAR
IT EXISTS FOR TRUTH
HAVE A PHYSICAL DEMO
THIS WAS LAUNCHED IN HAND AND THE FANS

HOW DO TO APPROVE THE REGISTRATION OF MY BAND?

Alhadis
Madder Max

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 1:16 am 

Take a photograph and upload it to a site like TinyPic.

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 1:20 am 

Also, cool off the caps, please. Not good for our eyes :(

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

Tzeench
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 12:20 am 

I submitted a black metal band from Barrie/Sudbury called 'Grim' and was rejected. I will resubmit it again, and this time I have an actual photograph of the hard copy CD which I own...it was/is independantly released...I will post the photo on imageshack.us.

Alhadis
Madder Max

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 12:41 am 

Erm... that's all well-and-good, but there's no need to post about it here...

ego death
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 12:41 pm 

Hello,
thank you for all your concern in replying to my questions about FALLOS (Greece).
I still firmly believe that FALLOS IS a metal band.
Please listen the complete demo here
http://www.ulozto.net/xKP92NK/fallos-pr ... greece-rar
I really support Metal-Archives and I believe it will support FALLOS to be in this site since it IS METAL.
Thank you,
Manos

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 12:57 pm 

manoscure wrote:
Hello,
thank you for all your concern in replying to my questions about FALLOS (Greece).
I still firmly believe that FALLOS IS a metal band.
Please listen the complete demo here
http://www.ulozto.net/xKP92NK/fallos-pr ... greece-rar
I really support Metal-Archives and I believe it will support FALLOS to be in this site since it IS METAL.
Thank you,
Manos

I'm sorry, but that promo is pretty much as un-metallic as grindcore can get. This is basically noisecore with half of it made up by samples.

Alhadis
Madder Max

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 1:08 pm 

I'm a grindcore lover and I concur; it's about as metal as Anal Cunt, sorry.

kilerdrail
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 6:21 pm 

I am Still thinking why germ was blacklisted.
It was a side project of Tim Yattras (Member of Illium, Austere, Woods Of Desolation, etc...)
They have their metal influence at all. Mainly Avant-Garde Rock or something with Depressive Rock.

Amnael
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 8:55 pm 

I submitted Greven Dark, a Black Metal band from Costa Rica. They have a promotional CD through Viceral Vomit Records. It was rejected because the flyer says "not for sale" ( https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hp ... 4089_n.jpg ), but it is available to the public in their concerts.
According to Viceral Vomit Records ( https://www.facebook.com/vvrecords ):

"Vvzine Label
Lunes

Viceral Vomit Records - A las primeras 30 personas que lleguen al concierto de Perturbacion,se les estará obsequiando un cd promocional de Viceral Vomit Recs,con mas de 20 bandas en todos los estilo,o tambien un promo de la banda black metal GREVENDARK,la cual estara tocando ese dia."

They are giving away Greven Dark's promo.

Thanks.

OpsiusCato

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 9:17 pm 

Translation:
Viceral Vomit Records - The first 30 people to arrive at Perturbacion's gig will receive a promotional cd from Viceral Vomit Recs, featuring more than 20 bands in all genres, or a promo cd from black metal act GREVENDARK, which is goibg to play that day.
Opsius is Metal as fuck.

Amnael
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 9:20 pm 

OpsiusCato wrote:
Translation:
Viceral Vomit Records - The first 30 people to arrive at Perturbacion's gig will receive a promotional cd from Viceral Vomit Recs, featuring more than 20 bands in all genres, or a promo cd from black metal act GREVENDARK, which is goibg to play that day.

Thanks man! I forgot to translate that

OpsiusCato

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 9:26 pm 

Amnael wrote:
Thanks man! I forgot to translate that

No problem. Cheers!
Opsius is Metal as fuck.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 6:19 am 

@Amnael: Hmhm, okay then. Resubmit.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1 ... 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138 ... 541  Next