Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Fulgurius
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:19 am 

Sceiron, I'd say that scan is ok, but you haven't included any samples or other proofs of metalness in your submission.

Dark Fire
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:14 pm 

why you keep rejecting my band without giving a reson?!! its fucken annoying

Dark Fire
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:18 pm 

if you dont think its metal or if you think its shit then fucken say it

Dark Fire
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:20 pm 

but dont send the same fucken stupid msg fucken robots
A band needs a valid release before they can be accepted to the site - a valid release is one that's either:

Distributed in physical form (CD, CDr, DVD, tape, vinyl, etc)
Digital and available for full download: must also be a finished/final mix (no garage rehearsals or rough mixes), AND long enough (preferably over 20 minutes)
Already released. That is, no upcoming releases!

To prove this, you must include one of the following:
PHYSICAL RELEASES: Include photographic evidence (such as this or this) and upload them to a site like Imgur.com. Optionally, if you don't have access to any of the copies, you can include links to sites like BigCartel or a label's page that's selling them, or officially announced them as available for ordering.
DIGITAL-ONLY RELEASES: Include links to sites like Bandcamp, iTunes, Amazon, etc, to where the release can be purchased or downloaded.
"
Please review our submission rules before trying to re-submit it.

Keep in mind that all modifications are logged; if this band has been rejected before, the moderators will know, so do not try to resubmit without revising your submission.

If you want to object to this rejection, please do so in the appropriate thread in the "Suggestions and Complaints" sub-forum.

Dark Fire
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:28 pm 

The band is N.A.A.R BTW user is NAAR fuck it i wont submit to ur site again anyway, keep rejecting bands guys and accept only cleshay that suite ur taste, sure you are one of the resons why metal is turning shit lately

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:27 pm 

1. English, please.
2. The only info you provided was a URL that didn't work because it had https: instead of http: in front of it, which I noticed while looking at it now.
3. That doesn't qualify as a digital release because digital-only releases must be a finished, professional product. The drums sound like they're a single track out of a 1990s Soundblaster and the cymbals are clipping and compressed excessively. Seems like they weren't even mixed, the parts were simply overlaid.

Blizk
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 4:22 am 

I wonder why the Finnish progressive metal band Fireproven is blacklisted. I've no idea what they sounded like before their latest EP, but they definitely belong these days as soon as they get a public distribution of "Omnipresence" going on.

Dark Fire
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:08 am 

so ur telling me the band was rejected without being listened to because the simple link N-A-A-R.com and you still give the release msg anyway? come one.. and what do you mean english only? you dont accept bands that name a song or have lyrics in other languages? comooooon! if you dont like other languages dont list countries that speak other languages. and those cymbals were mixed by the same guy who did EVERY thing in those tracks cuz i cant afford a professional, now your job should be to list the band so people can know about it and MAYBE (despite how likely it is) support it so it can have 'high budget' tracks , list it and fuck the shit out of it in a review if you dont like it but fucken list it

Sciera
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:26 am 

@ Dark Fire: That message is an automated one and it perfectly applied to your case: You didn't provide a proof for a valid release.
And, as Zodijackyl already wrote, even if that link would have worked you'd have received the same message since the band hasn't released an acceptable release so far (haven't listened to it myself, though).
Btw, "English only" refered to your posts. Not sure what exactly was meant by it, though.

@ Blizk: "as soon as they get a public distribution of "Omnipresence" going on"? So it's not even released? You need to wait until then.
It was blacklisted ~3 months ago for being "synth, indus, mathcore...". That EP was uploaded to Soundcloud 3 months ago so it probably was also taken into account. And this sounds like the description in the blacklist isn't that off.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:35 am 

"English only" probably referred to his awful diction, considering he's from the UK.

Dark Fire
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:39 am 

the link is working but let me get this straight so i can stop sounding like an idiot who make shitty music..
a digital album on bandcamp is not an acceptable release?

Dark Fire
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:42 am 

azmodes who said i was from the UK? if i live in the uk that doesn't necessary mean that im from the uk but still my english is ok

MutantClannfear
Blank Czech

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:16 am 

Dark Fire wrote:
the link is working but let me get this straight so i can stop sounding like an idiot who make shitty music..

No, no, you misunderstand. A digital album on Bandcamp can be an acceptable release; however, it has to 1) be around 30 minutes in length or more, and 2) sound executed with a certain level of professionalism - competent mixing, cover art, shouldn't be a reharsal demo, etc. (Thse rules apply to any digital release, BTW, even if it's not on Bandcamp.) Because making a digital release is a less serious commitment to a project as opposed to making physical CD/tape copies, digital-only bands are expected to have an undeniable degree of polish and presentation if they're to be added to the website.

Blizk
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:25 am 

Sciera wrote:
@ Blizk: "as soon as they get a public distribution of "Omnipresence" going on"? So it's not even released? You need to wait until then.
It was blacklisted ~3 months ago for being "synth, indus, mathcore...". That EP was uploaded to Soundcloud 3 months ago so it probably was also taken into account. And this sounds like the description in the blacklist isn't that off.

Well, in that case the style definition is horribly off the mark because their music is nearly devoid of all tags given. Straight out modern prog metal, and I'm not alone with this opinion (short review of their 2012 demo). I of course know of your public distribution rule but being blacklisted blocks any kind of future submission (their website hints at upcoming CD distro). My attempt was mostly a curious response to a lack of search result.

Alhadis
Madder Max

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:26 pm 

Sceiron wrote:
No way to put a piece of plastic onto the glass of my scanner...!!!
Very strange that you mistrust the authencity of the release when I sent tracklist, year of release and the demo cover...!!!
I am collector and fan since more than 25 years, so you can be sure that I don't add any fakes here.
We played some shows (with my old band) with BLIND FACES between 1993 & 1994...this should be proof enough I think.

Sceiron,

You wouldn't believe the amount of crap that we've had people try and get past us before. The stories that some desperate users will fabricate just to get a fake or dubious band onto the site is nothing short of legendary.

I know the rules might be harsh and strange to you, dude, but they're the same for everybody. They're in place for a reason: so this site remains factual and accurate, and not tainted with scraps of shit some giggling troll made up while snorting his roommate's stash.

In either case, you won't need to stick a piece of plastic onto the scanner... including some decently-sized photographs of the release(s) will be adequate, provided they're not blurry and useless. :)

Dark Fire
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:04 pm 

MutantClannfear wrote:
Dark Fire wrote:

No, no, you misunderstand. A digital album on Bandcamp can be an acceptable release; however, it has to 1) be around 30 minutes in length or more, and 2) sound executed with a certain level of professionalism - competent mixing, cover art, shouldn't be a reharsal demo, etc. (Thse rules apply to any digital release, BTW, even if it's not on Bandcamp.) Because making a digital release is a less serious commitment to a project as opposed to making physical CD/tape copies, digital-only bands are expected to have an undeniable degree of polish and presentation if they're to be added to the website.

commitment! so you can tell how committed i am and how many things i lost for music and how many years i worked on my album from wether i had enough money to get a professional sound engineer to mix my album or not ? this site is worse than a government

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:24 pm 

Dark Fire wrote:
commitment! so you can tell how committed i am and how many things i lost for music and how many years i worked on my album from wether i had enough money to get a professional sound engineer to mix my album or not ?

MutantClannfear is not on the site's staff, he's just a friendly user trying to explain the rule to you, and we have no written policy regarding "commitment." The "valid release" rule has always been, to some extent, a way of sorting out insignificant bands as a very loose standard of relevance. We can only ensure the quality of data and manually check a certain number of bands while maintaining a standard of quality on the site. While we cover a very, very broad range of metal bands in terms of releases - including countless NWOBHM bands who only put out a single, bands who put three tracks to tape and spread it in the late 80s/90s - we categorically disqualify bands who do not create and distribute to the public a physical product with their music on it, or if the music is only released digitally, do not have a professional sounding, finished full-length album. We are quite lenient with the rules on production too, we have accepted many bands who produced their own albums, many of them using free digital tools. To leniently paraphrase our practice, we require that an album be competently performed and engineered, and we judge that based on the final sound of the album. We even have a forum for musicians on the site which includes two stickied threads of advice from a well-educated, professional audio engineer on how to record and mix metal, as well as quite a few helpful individuals with a lot of experience making and recording their own music.

That being said, our limitations have allowed us to document roughly 93,000 bands of all degrees of relevance, all manually screened by a relatively small staff. Our guidelines exclude some bands of absolutely no significance, substantiation, nor production. Now that I have extensively covered the ambiguity of the guidelines, back to the original question:

Dark Fire wrote:
commitment! so you can tell how committed i am and how many things i lost for music and how many years i worked on my album from wether i had enough money to get a professional sound engineer to mix my album or not ?

Not exactly. We can tell how committed you are to distributing your music, which doesn't seem to be much considering that if you sold a single digital copy of this album at the asking price of $29.99 you could make 100 CD-r copies with a cover with the proceeds. In the time you've spent whining here you could've read the rules, searched the musicians forum, downloaded Reaper for free, and gotten a better drum sound using Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth with a stock EQ in Reaper. Instead, you're complaining here because of what appears to be, on all levels, to be your own incompetence.

Dark Fire wrote:
this site is worse than a government

:lol:

Dark Fire
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:00 pm 

wow you really think in the 10 mins i spent here i could have remixed 30mins of instrumental guitar tracks!!! but you are right about what a waste of time you are

Dark Fire
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:05 pm 

i will skip the incompetence thing cuz i really dont care what you think but why would i want to make a 100 CD-R?

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:18 am 

You're obnoxious. Please leave.

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

Morkner
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:47 am 

Uh... Why has Krimh been blacklisted?

https://krimh.bandcamp.com/

Basically instrumental Death Metal, from ex Decapitated drummer Kerim Lechner, certainly sounds like it should be allowed on here.

Morkner
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:57 am 

Here is the official website in case you need it:

http://www.krimhproject.com/

Blizk
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:33 am 

Update on Fireproven: The "Omnipresence" EP is now in nationwide CD distribution, so that's out of the way. Digital distro has apparently been going on since late June via iTunes etc.

Alhadis
Madder Max

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:36 am 

Morkner wrote:
Uh... Why has Krimh been blacklisted? Basically instrumental Death Metal, from ex Decapitated drummer Kerim Lechner, certainly sounds like it should be allowed on here.

It's fucking djent. :facepalm:

Blizk wrote:
Update on Fireproven: The "Omnipresence" EP is now in nationwide CD distribution, so that's out of the way. Digital distro has apparently been going on since late June via iTunes etc.

... and this appears to be synthy mathcore. :rolleyes:

Blizk
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:45 am 

Alhadis wrote:
Blizk wrote:

... and this appears to be synthy mathcore. :rolleyes:

And an arrogant site mod just ignored my previous post. I rest my case now cause time will do its job with this band. Over and out.

Alhadis
Madder Max

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:52 am 

Blizk wrote:
And an arrogant site mod just ignored my previous post. I rest my case now cause time will do its job with this band. Over and out.

Dude, Sciera told you the band's new material was probably taken into account by the moderator who blacklisted the band for being unacceptable mathcore/prog. The fact that the EP wasn't physical until recently has fuck-all to do with this.

Blizk
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:27 am 

Alhadis wrote:
Dude, Sciera told you the band's new material was probably taken into account by the moderator who blacklisted the band for being unacceptable mathcore/prog. The fact that the EP wasn't physical until recently has fuck-all to do with this.

You still don't manage to convince me I'm listening to a mathcore band because 3 minutes out of 23 sounds a little alike (maybe that's what caused some bad-mood mod to overlook all the metal, who knows). Music is wonderful, isn't it? Prog in particular :P

Anyway, just a personal credibility issue over the site that's being too uptight sometimes. Let's not waste any more braincells.

Derigin
The Mountain Man

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:44 am 

Have you ever wondered that perhaps it's not our credibility that's the issue (a credibility, by the way, that's collectively based), and that it's instead your own individual credibility that may be incorrect or invalid? It's just a curious question. After all, you would think that a site made up of thousands of metalheads with a similar mindset on metal would be more credible than a single, solitary individual and his thoughts on metal.

theomen74
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:15 pm 

These are two songs from the debut album "Awakening the Hydra" by the US Metal band WARRION ;-)
The following is the link of the official issue from Pure Steel Records label:http://www.puresteel-records.com/releases/view/267/Awakening_The_Hydra
Here you can buy the cd (Ebay) http://www.ebay.de/itm/WARRION-Awakening-the-Hydra-NEU-US-METAL-PREORDER-/271278655099?pt=B%C3%BCcher_Unterhaltung_Music_CDs&hash=item3f2977c67b

Alhadis
Madder Max

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:30 pm 

theomen74 wrote:
These are two songs from the debut album "Awakening the Hydra" by the US Metal band WARRION ;-)
The following is the link of the official issue from Pure Steel Records label:http://www.puresteel-records.com/releases/view/267/Awakening_The_Hydra
Here you can buy the cd (Ebay) http://www.ebay.de/itm/WARRION-Awakening-the-Hydra-NEU-US-METAL-PREORDER-/271278655099?pt=B%C3%BCcher_Unterhaltung_Music_CDs&hash=item3f2977c67b

Please resubmit with those links included in the submission notes, mate. There's no need to post that in this thread. :)

theomen74
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:00 pm 

I hope that now you'll accept my request, so finally WARRION will have his page here ;-)

Blizk
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:27 pm 

Derigin wrote:
Have you ever wondered that perhaps it's not our credibility that's the issue (a credibility, by the way, that's collectively based), and that it's instead your own individual credibility that may be incorrect or invalid? It's just a curious question. After all, you would think that a site made up of thousands of metalheads with a similar mindset on metal would be more credible than a single, solitary individual and his thoughts on metal.

As I previously stated, I'm not alone with my opinion that they're metal, so it's not just an individual thought.

Alhadis
Madder Max

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:31 pm 

Thought you said you were giving it a rest? :p

"Must have last word" syndrome, I take it?

Dave_o_rama
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:52 pm 

Why is Eminent Terror blacklisted? They seem metal enough and have a physical promo floating out there.

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:34 pm 

Dave_o_rama wrote:
Why is Eminent Terror blacklisted? They seem metal enough and have a physical promo floating out there.

On the border of deathcore/death metal but after listening through that demo it seems to be close to predominantly metal. You may submit them.

Dave_o_rama
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:02 pm 

Zodijackyl wrote:
Dave_o_rama wrote:

On the border of deathcore/death metal but after listening through that demo it seems to be close to predominantly metal. You may submit them.

Submitted. Cheers!

Blizk
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:42 pm 

Alhadis wrote:
Thought you said you were giving it a rest? :p

"Must have last word" syndrome, I take it?

Derigin's question was actual discussion about credibility, and didn't seem particularly directed at the case that was going nowhere.

~Guest 305412
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:39 pm 

Why has Dehydrated Tissues been blacklisted? I understand that goregrind varies greatly in metal-ness and such, but Dehydrated Tissues seems more on the metal side of goregrind. Sound sample of his work (skip to 0:41):

I'm also unsure as to whether or not I should submit Enterorrhagia, as it might also be debatable as to how metal the band is.

Alhadis
Madder Max

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:53 am 

bryankerndrummer wrote:
Why has Dehydrated Tissues been blacklisted? I understand that goregrind varies greatly in metal-ness and such, but Dehydrated Tissues seems more on the metal side of goregrind.
I'm also unsure as to whether or not I should submit Enterorrhagia, as it might also be debatable as to how metal the band is.

Very few of Maggard's projects are metallic, bro. And Dehydrated Tissues was blacklisted because while the riffing isn't based in noise/bass, it IS predominantly fuelled by downtuned, groovy riffs reminiscent of punk-based grind - a style that the site considers to be unacceptable goregrind (you'll notice bands like Gut, CBT, Satan's Revenge on Mankind and Rompeprop aren't on here for similar reasons).

JimNeidhart
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:23 pm 

Hello,

I submitted a few days ago my band (Splash Foetus) and i received a reply stated that we were rejected because we aren't considered metal enough to appear on the website. I just wanna have some precisions and details about this decision.

Thank you!

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1 ... 234, 235, 236, 237, 238, 239, 240 ... 541  Next