Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
gioval09
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 12:18 pm 

ok, thanks:)

t0dk0n
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 5:40 pm 

I've vaguely seen this band being argued here, but it never seems to get anywhere. I did my search homework and the only answer I found was "not metal", which I highly disagree with. So here's my try to get Rosetta on MA.

Rosetta has 2 physical LP releases Wake/Lift and The Galilean Satellites and a third one coming out on the 25th of May by the name "A Determinism of Morality". Not to mention a handful of singles and splits, one of which being with another very good French post-rock/sludge band, Year of No Light (whom have a very similar style and their own page on MA: http://www.metal-archives.com/band.php?id=31475).

I would say they are very metal. Sure, they draw influence from multiple genres such as ambient, noise, hardcore, etc. But their main sound is sheer chaotic metal. I would say they are mostly atmospheric sludge/post-rock, much like other similar sounding artists like Isis, Neurosis, and Cult of Luna. To give audible proof of this, I will provide a youtube link to one of my favorite songs by them: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yggIrE-p_yU I apologize that its a very long song, clocking in at nearly 14 minutes and needing two parts, but please bear with it.

Here is a set of pictures taken by the band of their upcoming album "A Determinism of Morality": http://rosettaband.tumblr.com/post/5535 ... om-package to prove that they have physical releases. Unfortunately the weak point of this argument is that I do not know of any related side projects to vouch for the validity. For what it's worth, if it turns out that they do not get accepted, I hope whoever makes this judgement had at least enjoyed the music. Thank you for your time.

Website
Tumblr
Myspace (no longer actively updated, but has more music)
Wikipedia

Last edited by t0dk0n on Mon May 10, 2010 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Witcher
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 5:45 pm 

There is no valid metal genre as "sheer chaotic metal" What they play is moder, alternative music Post _hardcore based stuff, whichh may be similar to thebands you have mentioned, but to their least metal moments. Isis are here for examples for only certain albums.
They do not belong to any valid metal subgenre
Your try is worthless, since we have already heard their music. Nothing what you say may convince us otherwise.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yggIrE-p_yU
This is not thrash, doom, death or black metal. Therefore it cannot be valid metal.
Sludge metal in itself is a genre created by other genres, namely thrash, doom and hardcore. This band is far from it, they have the hardcore part, but combine it with non-metal genres.

I see that you need to study the more metal genres to get it, or more years of listening experience to the more traditional metal genres. You have listed "drone" as a metal genre in your profile. The is no "drone metal", there are only some experimental doom metal bands, whose music has droning qualities. Some of the stuff labelled "drone doom" can drift so far away from its metal roots, that it stops being metal. The same with this band.

motorsport
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 4:34 pm 

Witcher wrote:
gravesideservice wrote:
Why was GraveSideService removed . 2 full length albums were listed . today our listed has vanished . GraveSideService was thanked on the Xasthur , "All Reflections Drained " album . Our Drummer did the album artwork for Xasthur , Portal of Sorrow . We are all featured on a New England black metal compilation album being released by the members of the band Darkwor , which is listed on this site . We have a 3rd release set to be finished in late june .

here are links to our myspace and you tube material :

http://www.youtube.com/user/GRAVESIDESERVICE666

http://www.myspace.com/gravesideservice

No guitars. Sorry, but to be metal, to use real guitars is a must.
Your friedship with Xasthur has no relation to the two main criteria for cceptance, which are explained in the first post in this thread.

Unless you will start to use real guitars in the future, your band will stay out.

So when are you deleting Apocalyptica, then?

t0dk0n
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 4:52 pm 

Witcher wrote:
There is no valid metal genre as "sheer chaotic metal" What they play is moder, alternative music Post _hardcore based stuff, whichh may be similar to thebands you have mentioned, but to their least metal moments. Isis are here for examples for only certain albums.
They do not belong to any valid metal subgenre
Your try is worthless, since we have already heard their music. Nothing what you say may convince us otherwise.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yggIrE-p_yU
This is not thrash, doom, death or black metal. Therefore it cannot be valid metal.
Sludge metal in itself is a genre created by other genres, namely thrash, doom and hardcore. This band is far from it, they have the hardcore part, but combine it with non-metal genres.

I see that you need to study the more metal genres to get it, or more years of listening experience to the more traditional metal genres. You have listed "drone" as a metal genre in your profile. The is no "drone metal", there are only some experimental doom metal bands, whose music has droning qualities. Some of the stuff labelled "drone doom" can drift so far away from its metal roots, that it stops being metal. The same with this band.

Hmm, I never said "sheer chaotic metal" was a genre, nor implied it. I was just using it to describe the sound. But I understand.. Listening to it, they do have dominantly hardcore vocals. Now that I think of it, the only metal parts are the riffs and some drumming. I just felt that since it had a similar sound of Isis, Cult of Luna, and others that they might have belonged here. I'll also have to say on a personal note, that I do know quite a bit about metal, but some of this shit gets so obscured that it becomes hard to define. Just like you mentioned about drone, being a prime example of this. Anyway. Sorry for wasting the time of this community, I suppose I just really wanted a more definitive answer as to why they aren't accepted here, and for that, I thank you for answering.

iamntbatman
Chaos Breed

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 12:49 am 

If it helps, I'd say that if Isis' entire output was like the stuff they've done since about 2001, they'd probably not get accepted, either. Their early stuff (i.e. Mosquito Control) is a lot more metal-oriented than their recent material or anything I've heard by Rosetta. In other words, many of the post-metal bands already here are extremely borderline and/or might only be on the site because of particular releases and not because the band currently plays in a predominantly metal style.

GLOAMING - death/doom | COMA VOID - black/doom/post-rock

Hoops4sho
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 4:43 am 

i just wanted to say that i've never come across a supposed like-minded community online with bigger elitists and assholes as this one. people ask why a band isn't included and you rudely refer them to the stickies instead of explaining WHICH criteria was not met or broken. if you are going to ban a band, the LEAST you can do is explain the reasons for doing so. i've come across MANY bands that should be on this site (and others agree) but because one or more of the mods's OPINIONS is that the band isn't metal enough then they won't be included. i see other bands similar to banned bands that ARE included because a mod's opinion is that they SHOULD be included, for whatever reason. this is called ELITISM and HYPOCRISY. topics are locked if a mod feels like it and for no real reason. people whose OPINIONS differ with mods are treated as idiots and as if they don't matter, in some cases told to "do more research" or flat out they are wrong IN A MATTER OF OPINION. i understand that common ground must be achieved but there seems to be absolutely no room for gray area, UNLESS IT SUITS THE MODS. and there ARE idiots around that do need to be regulated but it seems to me that most people here are treated in these ways. looking through the forums has almost completely ruined this site for me and i will not be spending ANY time in the community or attempting to submit ANYTHING because ONLY the opinions of the mods/admins matter. go ahead and ban me cause i don't need to be a member to RAPE your site of information that i need. FUCK YOU.

Last edited by Hoops4sho on Tue May 11, 2010 4:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Witcher
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 4:45 am 

motorsport wrote:
Witcher wrote:
gravesideservice wrote:
Why was GraveSideService removed . 2 full length albums were listed . today our listed has vanished . GraveSideService was thanked on the Xasthur , "All Reflections Drained " album . Our Drummer did the album artwork for Xasthur , Portal of Sorrow . We are all featured on a New England black metal compilation album being released by the members of the band Darkwor , which is listed on this site . We have a 3rd release set to be finished in late june .

here are links to our myspace and you tube material :

http://www.youtube.com/user/GRAVESIDESERVICE666

http://www.myspace.com/gravesideservice

No guitars. Sorry, but to be metal, to use real guitars is a must.
Your friedship with Xasthur has no relation to the two main criteria for cceptance, which are explained in the first post in this thread.

Unless you will start to use real guitars in the future, your band will stay out.

So when are you deleting Apocalyptica, then?

Apocalyptica use stringed instruments with amplifiers, not keyboards. Besides that, they can be seen as selected exception.

Witcher
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 4:52 am 

Hoops4sho wrote:
"insults"

We will not cry for you..
One more thing, this site has pretty explanative rules. If you are not willing to read the them or not able to comprehend them, at least do not demostrate your cluelessness by insulting us. Who do you fucking think you are and what do you expect to reach by that?
Only thing you will reach is a ban, since mod sass is punishable.

Last edited by Witcher on Tue May 11, 2010 7:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
Hoops4sho
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 4:56 am 

i will not cry for me either, i will find a WORTHWHILE community to spend my time AND my submissions instead of this one. GO AHEAD AND BAN ME CAUSE I DON'T NEED TO BE A MEMBER TO RAPE YOUR SITE OF INFORMATION THAT I NEED.

Witcher
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 4:58 am 

Hoops4sho wrote:
i will not cry for me either, i will find a WORTHWHILE community to spend my time AND my submissions instead of this one. GO AHEAD AND BAN ME CAUSE I DON'T NEED TO BE A MEMBER TO RAPE YOUR SITE OF INFORMATION THAT I NEED.

Do not worry, you have already been proposed for a ban.

Bolth_Mannn
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 4:58 am 

Hoops4sho wrote:

You do realise they redirect you to stickies because that certain sticky is the thread that is meant to be used for queries that get locked?

Witcher
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 5:01 am 

Bolth_Mannn wrote:
Hoops4sho wrote:

You do realise they redirect you to stickies because that certain sticky is the thread that is meant to be used for queries that get locked?

Yes and besides that, the guidelines and stickies contain information a user should know before submitting anything or asking about rejection. The answer is often already there.

Hoops4sho
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 5:02 am 

yes i understand that but just referring someone to the sticky does NOT explain the reason why a band is banned.

Witcher
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 5:06 am 

Hoops4sho wrote:
yes i understand that but just referring someone to the sticky does NOT explain the reason why a band is banned.

It does, there are two main reasons - either a band is not metal or has no physical release. The user should read it first and then ask.

As for bands rejected for not being metal, you can mostly expect only a brief answer. We are not obliged to write lenghty essays on that. The written guidelines explain which music styles are problematic and what is not considered metal by the site standards.

Last edited by Witcher on Tue May 11, 2010 5:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Witcher
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 5:11 am 

Hoops4sho wrote:

What I do not undestand is what forced you to come here and vulgarily insult us, people who you do not know, for no reason. Is it your normal behaviour? Do you normally insult people in shops, strangers you meet on the train and so on?
You act like a spoiled brat.

Lingual
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 5:40 am 

Hi there!
I think you need a valid proof for the release of the EP Secrets Revealed of Somniumh (Sweden).

I don't know if this proof is valid but here is a comment of a member of the band:

"Hello everyone!

We have now decided to release our new EP "Secrets Revealed" on the 30th April, friday next week.
It contains 4 songs that are between 4-5 minutes long.
The tracks are:

1. "Bruises"
2. "Shattered Soul"
3. "Mirrors"
4. "From Dusk 'til Day"

You will be able to download it for free, but we will also press copies for you to buy with some awesome artwork!
Be sure to spread that word, and don't forget to visit our myspace next friday! ;)

Best regards//
Marcus & Somniumh"

You can find it on their myspace: http://www.myspace.com/somniumh

Best regards.

Witcher
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 5:47 am 

That is not a proof of physical release. In the two newer blog entries, which follow this one, they only talk about download, not physical copies.

Witcher
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 6:12 am 

By the way, the Russian metal/hard rock band Krasnyi Rassvet can be resubmitted. I have deleted them based on their second album, which was pure aor except the title song, but it unfortunately apppers that their first album is way heavier and acceptable. Sorry for that.

Russian speaking users can find a lot of info on them (and also photo) in the Masters Land forum.

S3rji
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 3:50 pm 

"The band you have submitted is already present in the database"
Ok you're right: there are already 2 italian bands called Nemesis, from different zones of Italy. I forgot to write: "Not to be confused with Nemesis from...", I've also written that they were formerly known as Anslasax (try to read the name and guess why they changed it lol), I'm sorry for the 2 other bands called Nemesis, I truly apologizes, I thought the "formerly known as" was enough to distinguish.. Hope you'll submit the band, I can edit their profile or you can do it, or if I have to enter again all the infos please let me know, so I won't do same mistake again...
Thanks.
Edit: let me add their official myspace page and a video from youtube (I'm a friend of them tryin to add them on this site, our friendship started 10 years ago):
myspace official page
http://www.myspace.com/nemesiscentral

live video, i did it with my phone so it's low quality, but at least you can see them playing live
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lX53EhwrKVg

Last edited by S3rji on Tue May 11, 2010 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fanfarigoule
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 3:55 pm 

Unfortunately, you'll have to enter all again. Before doing so, be sure that you read and understood point 1 and 3 of the first post.

torment159
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 4:55 pm 

I recently submitted the band Voices from Beyond to the archives and it was rejected for not having a valid proof of existence. The band has released one full length album titled The Gates Of Madness which was reviewed by the website Metal-Rules.com
http://www.metal-rules.com/review/viewr ... 010&pos=39

Fanfarigoule
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 4:57 pm 

Please read the first post (1. specifically), it will answer your question.

torment159
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 5:05 pm 

I have read the rules several times. I know the bands submitted have to have a physical release and this one does. I even provided evidence with a review from a legit website. If it's a matter of how metal they are you can listen and decide for yourself. Here is their myspace.
http://www.myspace.com/metalfrombeyond

Fanfarigoule
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 5:14 pm 

Rules wrote:
If you want to add your band, and you *know* you will release something soon, simply wait until it's released before submitting it!

First post wrote:
Also, the release must have been physically released by the time of the band's submission. Even if the release comes out tomorrow, the band will not be accepted until then.

Band MySpace wrote:
Waiting for a release date TBA

Promo copies do not count. It must be officially released to the public.

SpyreWorks
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 9:37 pm 

Why was Not-Liable rejected? They clearly exist, they have an album on iTunes (and a free demo as evidenced in their MySpace blog) and if the mod just took a second to listen to the MySpace tracks it would have been very clear the band plays metal.

Drowned
Tenebrous Apparition

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 10:29 pm 

Obviously you forgot to include the MySpace link (or any links for that matter). The rejection message was perfectly clear.

Last edited by Drowned on Tue May 11, 2010 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
satanhatta_
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 10:30 pm 

For that they rejected the band Psychedelica?
I put all the obligatory fields.

Obviously, the band is sufficiently metal and they have a physical release and i prove it with his official MySpace.
Please check it again.

SpyreWorks
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 10:41 pm 

Drowned wrote:
Obviously you forgot to include the MySpace link (or any links for that matter). The rejection message was perfectly clear.

I'm pretty sure I didn't. Either way, I'll re-submit it then...

Drowned
Tenebrous Apparition

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 10:42 pm 

satanhatta_ wrote:

Obviously, the band is sufficiently metal and they have a physical release and i prove it with his official MySpace.
Please check it again.

I see nothing about a physical release on their MySpace page.

caspian
Old Man Yells at Car Park

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 11:47 pm 

Hoops4sho wrote:
I DON'T NEED TO BE A MEMBER TO RAPE YOUR SITE OF INFORMATION THAT I NEED.

:lol: Is it just me, or is this really funny? Watch out guys, he's going to go to the band pages, and get information off them! That filthy bastard..

https://strangercountry.bandcamp.com/al ... the-chebar new album! Power shoegaze? Dream-doom???

stilgar90
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 5:21 am 

I tried to add the band "Cold Aeon" and it was rejected because of lack of apparent discography. But this band is on the split "Infra Sub Ultra", that is already on the archives, here: http://metal-archives.com/release.php?id=220833 and here: http://metal-archives.com/release.php?id=222057

The split can be also purchased here: http://nulll-void.com/nulll/releases/035.htm and you can listen to Cold Aeon track "Shapes" here: http://www.archive.org/details/Infra_Sub_Ultra

Thanks in advance

Witcher
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 3:27 pm 

Not metal - the song.

TheGrimWombat
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 4:25 pm 

caspian wrote:
Hoops4sho wrote:
I DON'T NEED TO BE A MEMBER TO RAPE YOUR SITE OF INFORMATION THAT I NEED.

:lol: Is it just me, or is this really funny? Watch out guys, he's going to go to the band pages, and get information off them! That filthy bastard..

I chuckled.

stilgar90
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 5:57 pm 

Witcher wrote:
Not metal - the song.

Ok, the song is very borderline actually, but it reminded me of the style of funeral/drone played by Beyond Black Void (another Stijn project) so I thought that would've been accepted, it's ok though, I understand the rejection.

satanhatta_
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 10:31 pm 

Drowned wrote:
satanhatta_ wrote:

Please check it again.

I see nothing about a physical release on their MySpace page.

In the middle of the page have a image with the description "Debut Album, Pompeii. On sale for 5E (euros)

Drowned
Tenebrous Apparition

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 10:38 pm 

satanhatta_ wrote:
In the middle of the page have a image with the description "Debut Album, Pompeii. On sale for 5E (euros)

I must have missed that before. Please resubmit with all of the info, including the MySpace link.

midnightwinter
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 1:48 am 

I fail to see how The Acacia Strain was rejected.. In my opinion at least, they seem to be a death metal/metalcore band. But not essentially 'deathcore,' though.

Witcher
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 1:56 am 

In our opinion, they are unacceptable metalcore and not death metal.

ralfman
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 7:23 am 

Hi

Just noticed that a Portuguese Band named Maldição was apparently rejected.
It wan't submitted by me but i saw the submition and got curious.

Although there´s not much info on that band, (the only avaiable is on the label) the label has their 1st demo for sale.

http://www.bubonicprod.pt.vu/

A sample can be found inside on the "Radio" folder.
In "Mailorder" also can be found a small discription of the sound.
And finally in "Releases" the reference code for the demo also can be found (DSCPMC02)

Was it denied for not being Metal enough?
Thanks

Selling:
https://www.metal-archives.com/board/vi ... 9&t=119265

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 541  Next