Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Shadechaser
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 4:40 am 

I've submitted the band Divison Vansinne yesterday because I haven't find it through the search form.
Today I receive a message:
Spoiler: show
You have added band already in Metal Archives, or in our submission queue. OK. It happens.
You've got rejected with information that they are already in data base with link to band (Division Vansinne).
You ignored this and add them again.
So I've removed You 1000 points.
(Sent by PiotrB on Sep 26, 2016 at 14:27)

Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V made a bad trick to me 'cause only now I see that the correct name is not Divison Vansinne but Division Vansinne.
However I haven't receive any information from anyone that they are in the database already.
I don't usually try to decode what's written on the logo, Division or Divison or Motherfuckers.
Just try to find "Divison Vansinne" in the database. Can you? No? So what for you removed 1000 points from me? I did not ignored anything.
There was no warnings from the system.
Anyway I don't think it's normal to remove so much just for misspelling.

Derigin
The Mountain Man

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:43 am 

I've reinstated the 1000 points and sent a message to the moderator about it.

That was entirely unreasonable and unacceptable and I am sorry.

R.I.P. Diamhea 1987-2018
Live young, die free. Gone, but not forgotten.

Shadechaser
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:39 am 

Derigin,
Thanks for understanding!

rbeaujard
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:10 pm 

Roger Beaujard (Bits of Gore, Mortician, Primitive Brutality, GRIND.bot, x-Malignancy, etc) here. Any reason my submission for Bits of Gore (the one with the correct spellings) was rejected weeks ago but now you have another entry up submitted by someone else? I appreciate the entry but a little ridiculous that I can't submit my own band's stuff... from my own label. Whatever... guess you don't want bands to enter their own information, you know because they can't possibly know the correct data. Much better to have a third party make the entry. Weird. I'll be honest, the only thing I take away from this experience is that this place is incomplete. Plain and simple.

RJB

PDS
The Folk One

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:11 pm 

I checked your submission, and without looking at the one that was accepted, it was most likely that there was no proper submission notes showing proof of release. We require direct proof of release, ie. Picture of the release ect. Failure to go by it isn't our problem as our rules state what we need in a suvmission. Also, you could have just re-submitted the submission with what the rejection notes stated the submission notes need.

That said, if there is anything wrong with the band submission, please send a report and it will be dealt with in time.
I dunno, I'm a guitarist and it always feels like playing a giant cock. Not just that but live music should hit you in the genitals. It might not if you don't use good amplifiers and your modelling shit goes straight out of the PA. But good music hits you HARD in the GENITALS.

Defreasis
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:01 am 

Why Obscuro Mausoléu is blacklisted?
Sample / CD / CD / CD / In distro

theunrelentingattack
Not yet ready for a custom title

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:06 am 

Defreasis wrote:
Why Obscuro Mausoléu is blacklisted?
Sample / CD / CD / CD / In distro

It was because the user kept submitting with no valid release. Since there is one now, I've whitelisted it. No note about whether it's metal or not though - so submit it and we'll take it through the normal process.

cepit
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:30 am 

Derigin wrote:
We need samples from the actual album, not from live performances. Not only that, but there were some serious red flags there. For instance, not only did one video show music being dubbed over a live performance, but the samples provided don't even match the sound of the actual live performances. It was like someone was taking songs from other sources and dubbing them over their own live performances. Just fucked up. So, long story short, unless you can provide us with samples of (preferably all) tracks from the album itself, we can't judge it.

I've ordered the CD directly from label
https://mobile.facebook.com/story.php?s ... 9510789252

I've found sample song (titled Halimun)
https://www.reverbnation.com/kujangrampak
And this (titled Kujang Rampak)
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UpgdySPzW-4
Both songs are included in tracklist

ifihadafish
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:24 am 

Hello

Just wondering why Baleful Creed (Ireland) is on the Blacklist please?

If you need more information, I can provide.

Many thanks in advance.

TheStormIRide
Certified Poser

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:55 am 

ifihadafish wrote:

The blacklist note, from February of this year, states the band was blacklisted for being rock. Any new releases since then?

Caligo_Frontman
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:06 pm 

Greetings!

Can the band Theoroth (Russia) be whitelisted again? Previously named Зимний Дракон (Winter Dragon), it was blacklisted for not having enough metal in it, although it is an Epic Atmospheric Black Metal band with ambient influences. Since the band has been blacklisted a few albums and a split have been digitaly released. I think the new stuff has enough metal in it to be approved on Metal Archives.

Theoroth bandcamp: https://theoroth.bandcamp.com/music

A big thanks for all your work!

ifihadafish
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:58 pm 

TheStormIRide wrote:
ifihadafish wrote:

The blacklist note, from February of this year, states the band was blacklisted for being rock. Any new releases since then?

New release coming in early New Year. Did I tag us as Rock or was that after the submission? We do touch on Classic Rock, Stoner Rock and Stoner Metal but if you think we're too Rock then thats no problem.

TheStormIRide
Certified Poser

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:54 pm 

ifihadafish wrote:
New release coming in early New Year. Did I tag us as Rock or was that after the submission? We do touch on Classic Rock, Stoner Rock and Stoner Metal but if you think we're too Rock then thats no problem.

Let us know when the new album drops and we can reevaluate.

~Guest 375902
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:20 am 

De Sade is blacklisted.
Sample and CD

yentass
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:51 am 

Here's a doozy - I'm trying to submit Terminus to the archives, however the system warns me that a band by that name from United States is blacklisted, so unless the band I try to submit is not from USA, my submission won't go through. The problem is - my band IS from the USA, but there's no knowing if it's the same band that's blacklisted, since it seems like an often used name. Searching the forums for any reference to any bands named Terminus yields no relevant results. Could someone sort a brother out?
I know nothing of hair care, so bare with me.

Metal dudes, assemble in the shower!

PDS
The Folk One

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 12:21 pm 

Link us some songs below and we'll tell you if it is the same one. Blacklist notes that it is Progressive Sludgey Rock.
I dunno, I'm a guitarist and it always feels like playing a giant cock. Not just that but live music should hit you in the genitals. It might not if you don't use good amplifiers and your modelling shit goes straight out of the PA. But good music hits you HARD in the GENITALS.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 12:25 pm 

putrevomitory wrote:
De Sade is blacklisted.
Sample and CD

The band's name is "De Sad" and they are already listed.

yentass
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:01 pm 

PDS wrote:
Link us some songs below and we'll tell you if it is the same one. Blacklist notes that it is Progressive Sludgey Rock.

I've linked their Bandcamp page in my original post; here's a more direct one: https://weareterminus.bandcamp.com/album/sentient. Seems like a different band from what you say though, these guys play doom/death.

Last edited by yentass on Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pale_Pilgrim
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:01 pm 

Why is Leah (McHenry: http://leahmchenry.com/album/kings-queens) blacklisted? She's putting out folksy symphonic metal. She has an extensive digital/physical discography and works with well-known metal artists. It's not some psuedo-metal/heavy alternative/halfway-to-metal garbage, either. I don't get it.

My DeviantArt
My old band/project

rexxz
Where's your band?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:02 pm 

That's crazy you just linked to her, on a completely 100% unrelated note I was literally just talking to her last week.

Pale_Pilgrim
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:18 pm 

rexxz wrote:
That's crazy you just linked to her, on a completely 100% unrelated note I was literally just talking to her last week.

Ah, how was that experience?

Also, I just noticed Dark Sarah aren't on M-A either. Not a fan, but still - seems odd.

My DeviantArt
My old band/project

rexxz
Where's your band?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:21 pm 

Wasn't a full blown conversation, just a short exchange on music business stuff. She is very knowledgeable, taught me some new tricks. Nice lady, too.

~Guest 375902
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:32 pm 

Azmodes wrote:
The band's name is "De Sad" and they are already listed.

Ok, seems like i was off spelling-wise. On a similar note, I find it funny/odd that searching "triskaidekaphobia" on the archives redirects to Haemophagia though I find no relation between the two.

Sleepwalkers
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 2:07 pm 

PDS wrote:

I'm in the band Terminus he's talking about and can confirm it's not the same one, this is our first release (Sentient). I'm also in the band Sleepwalkers, so @yentass, if you could please link Mike Watts with both projects. Thanks!

http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Sle ... 3540364666
http://www.metal-archives.com/artists/Mike_Watts/503226

Also if i could get someone with the ability to update the Sleepwalkers logo and my photos that would be awesome, those present are fairly outdated at this point. PM me and I can provide you with those.

CHAIRTHROWER
Methed-burnt rogue babelfish

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 2:30 pm 

If you consider bands like Witchcraft, Orchid and Coven (which is definitely closer to rock than metal in sound if not themes) to be heavy metal, then why not Psychedelic Witchcraft? They touch on similar themes, the instruments are just as heavy as Witchcraft's or Orchid's, I mean Virginia Monti is holding a freaking skull (Electric Wizard style) for crying out loud- if that doesn't scream a Jinx Dawson influence, I don't know what does...What's the problem then? I mean, I obviously wouldn't have put this much effort in submitting a band I didn't consider heavy.

Nothing personal, but I feel this rejection is short-sighted and not dealt with/considered thoroughly enough. Where's the due diligence? At first, I described their genres as "proto-doom" and heavy psychedelic rock, which is accurate enough. But I changed it to the band's personal analogy of their sound, according to their facebook page: Occult rock and stoner blues. Despite a nagging feeling that the reviewer of this submission would likely hit a snag over this, I marked it down anyway before finally making my submission. Is this the reason? I'd really like to get some clarification on why Italy's Psychedelic Witchcraft has been turned down. I'm really disappointed by the moderator's decision regarding this. I like to think I did my homework. I also like to think my opinions holds weight, as I've been a follower of doom metal, Sabbath-like and inspired rock as well as traditional metal the better part of my life. Obviously, we may differ greatly on our opinions on what constitutes heavy metal, but could my submission please be re-reviewed in light of this?

Thank you,

CHAIR

yentass
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 2:44 pm 

Sleepwalkers wrote:
Also if i could get someone with the ability to update the Sleepwalkers logo and my photos that would be awesome, those present are fairly outdated at this point. PM me and I can provide you with those.

Sure, why the hell not. PM sent.

PDS
The Folk One

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:16 pm 

Terminus is whitelisted.

yentass
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:59 pm 

Great. The submission is through now, so the Progressive Sludgey Rock band could be blacklisted again.

perzine
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:39 pm 

Hadal (Melbourne) was rejected for being "more industrial drone than metal". What aspects of the sound led to that conclusion? The riffs are metal in my mind, the vocals quite firmly rooted in funeral doom (as are the drums), and there isn't any power electronics type static noise (just some samples, which aren't noisy at all), so it's pretty much just bass, guitar, drums and vocals.

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:56 pm 

"industrial done, gloomy but not really metallic in the end."
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

Defreasis
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:28 pm 

Why folk metal band E-an-na is blacklisted?
http://e-an-na.bandcamp.com/album/jiana-ep

Derigin
The Mountain Man

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:52 pm 

More -core than metal. Also folk deathcore. :ugh:

R.I.P. Diamhea 1987-2018
Live young, die free. Gone, but not forgotten.

tomaszorion
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 2:31 am 

A while ago, I tried to add the band called "Cradle of God" (later, they changed the band's name to "The Blessed") I don't remember exactly the motive that the band was rejected.

Later, after that they changed the band's name, they tried to release an LP called "Cradle of God: Remember", but, didn't work out.

On their bandcamp just have two singles (two songs of the LP), and currently they are working on new material.

Depending of the kind of information needed, I have contact with the vocalist.

Here, the link of bandcamp: https://cradleofgod.bandcamp.com/
And here, the page on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/blessedcradleofgod/?fref=ts

theunrelentingattack

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 7:37 am 

Two digital singles aren't a valid release to accept a band so there's really no question. When they release something that qualifies, you can ask again.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 9:07 am 

CHAIRTHROWER wrote:
similar themes, the instruments are just as heavy as Witchcraft's or Orchid's, [..] I mean, I obviously wouldn't have put this much effort in submitting a band I didn't consider heavy.

We judge the music itself, not themes. Also, heaviness isn't exactly our deciding criterion, rather it's metal riffs.

CHAIRTHROWER wrote:
If you consider bands like [..] Coven (which is definitely closer to rock than metal in sound if not themes) to be heavy metal [..] I mean Virginia Monti is holding a freaking skull (Electric Wizard style) for crying out loud, if that doesn't scream a Jinx Dawson influence, I don't know what does

Well, irrelevant. You'll also notice that we don't list Coven and never have.

CHAIRTHROWER wrote:
Nothing personal, but I feel this rejection is short-sighted and not dealt with/considered thoroughly enough. Where's the due diligence? At first, I described their genres as "proto-doom" and heavy psychedelic rock, which is accurate enough. But I changed it to the band's personal analogy of their sound, according to their facebook page: Occult rock and stoner blues. Despite a nagging feeling that the reviewer of this submission would likely hit a snag over this, I marked it down anyway before finally making my submission. Is this the reason?

For some reason people keep thinking that mods only take a quick look at the genre field and then proceed accordingly. You could have written "Ultratrve Doom Metal" or "Modern Talkingcore" in there and it wouldn't have made a difference. We judge the music itself.

Anyway, I think I listened to that album a week ago or so and it was pretty much rock. Yeah, it's doom-ish occult rock, but many bands from that "scene" are lacking actual metal riffs in their music; it's mostly doom aesthetics paired with 60s/70s heavy psych/hard rock. Certain bands are more metal than others, but the general sound in itself is no guarantee that the band gets accepted. You mention Orchid and Witchcraft and both are pretty good examples of retro-style bands playing metal riffs (though Witchcraft started out very borderline, I'd say, but their recent output is definitely acceptable). Be that as it may, I'll check the album again when I can and will post if it turns out to be acceptable after all, but I doubt it.

tomaszorion
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 12:15 pm 

theunrelentingattack wrote:
Two digital singles aren't a valid release to accept a band so there's really no question. When they release something that qualifies, you can ask again.

Let me see if I understood right, first they must release the LP or the new album physically and have an label to be accepted?

theunrelentingattack

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:37 pm 

They must have an acceptable release out to be included. If it's digital only, it must be ~20 minutes or more and downloadable/purchasable. Otherwise, physical product with some kind of distributionis needed. Having a label doesn't really mean anything as long as there's a clear way to get the product. Check out the rules on the front page for more details

tomaszorion
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:49 pm 

theunrelentingattack wrote:
They must have an acceptable release out to be included. If it's digital only, it must be ~20 minutes or more and downloadable/purchasable. Otherwise, physical product with some kind of distributionis needed. Having a label doesn't really mean anything as long as there's a clear way to get the product. Check out the rules on the front page for more details

Ok! thanks.

xtwogplays
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 6:37 pm 

Hey. So I'm trying to put a local band from a nearby city of mine on the site, but every time I submit I always get reject. The main reason was that I couldn't find a digital photo of their EP. When I finally got a legitimate photo of their EP it says that it's too small and the image I have is the only one I can find. How can I get past this because I really want this band on here and I'm tried of it!

~Guest 368187
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 9:27 pm 

Why is My Cold Depression (Russia) blacklisted?

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1 ... 402, 403, 404, 405, 406, 407, 408 ... 541  Next