Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
elfstone321
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:42 am 

Hey mods the band Devilment is a side project of Dani Filth : check this out
http://www.yellmagazine.com/dani-filths ... st/89374/#
http://hardrockhaven.net/online/2014/09 ... -revealed/
http://boulevardbrutal.com/2014/09/29/d ... -of-filth/
http://www.adrenalinepr.com/devilment-d ... -loudwire/
also check this video(1:40): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZ9BNnIduls the interviewer ask Dani the "difference between Cradle" and "that Devilment is more than a side-project" then Dani answer that question...

the band should be included in M-A in the future.

Let me know if you verify it

Terrion666
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:32 am 

Some months ago I added a band called Mastikatione Mortuorum and rejected the submision for the following reasons:

Quote:
Sorry Terrion666, Encyclopaedia Metallum was forced to reject your submission for the band Mastikatione Mortuorum (Spain), for the following reason:

Raw digital demo. Unless there is a physical version of this, it's not acceptable.

A band needs a valid release before they can be accepted to the site - a valid release is one that's either:

Distributed in physical form (CD, CDr, DVD, tape, vinyl, etc)
Digital and available for full download: must also be a finished/final mix (no garage rehearsals or rough mixes), AND long enough (preferably over 20 minutes)
Already released. That is, no upcoming releases!

To prove this, you must include one of the following:

PHYSICAL RELEASES: Include photographic evidence (such as this or this) and upload them to a site like Imgur.com. Optionally, if you don't have access to any of the copies, you can include links to sites like BigCartel or a label's page that's selling them, or officially announced them as available for ordering.
DIGITAL-ONLY RELEASES: Include links to sites like Bandcamp, iTunes, Amazon, etc, to where the release can be purchased or downloaded.

If you want to object to this rejection, please do so in the appropriate thread in the Suggestions and Complaints sub-forum. Do not e-mail moderators directly about this.

Sincerely,
- Azmodes, Encyclopaedia Metallum

The band just now release an split with Niebla Funeraria (Spa) through ItLivesInTheWoods Records and I leave you the proof of physical release

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/ ... Niebla.jpg

Thanks for your attention and I hope you can resubmmit this band ;-)

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:09 am 

Dani Filth only joined Devilment. It's as much a side project of Dani Filth as Voivod is a side project of Jason Newstead.
the reason your grandmother has all those plastic sheets on her furniture is because she is probably a squirter

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:40 am 

Terrion666, resubmit it as long as everything else is in order. Include that image.
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

Terrion666
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:26 pm 

I've just do it! Thank you! ;-)

TheWoundOfTheHealer
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:37 pm 

Diamhea wrote:
aarmestocor, those songs seem to be predominantly metal, but just linking us to a few random songs doesn't necessarily prove much. A band must have a primarily metal, valid release to meet our standards. The blacklist note also cites that the band does a lot of covers, which do not count either.

TheWoundOfTheHealer, no idea what your band's name is, but using other, accepted bands as the basis for your argument is not the way to go about it. Those bands certainly have a primarily metal release, which you apparently don't.

Well,

Oki .. Alright..Mephi Is My Artist name, I'm already registered by someone else here in another black
metal project I guest play on, and I'm also involved as a guest at other black metal future project/Bands. Well known established black metal bands
But Yes, mephi has no Primary Black metal realese, What I would say is that the project I tried to post here on this site HAS the roots and essence related to black metal in many ways.

But if you look around on the Metal archives, you become a little confused about which ones work as moderators of the page? finding Bands that are in no way related to the metal at all. Very Confusing.

So relly ?

Derigin
The Mountain Man

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:11 pm 

We only accept metal bands based on their sound, not on whether a band may have the "essence" of metal. It's got to be the whole deal.

That said, the reason we discourage users from justifying the inclusion of a band based on another already-accepted band is that we only require that a band release one predominantly metal album to be included in our database. There's plenty of bands that might be better known for their non-metal material, but so long as they have released one metal album they are included here. Lots of folks try to draw comparisons between their band submissions and those types of bands by comparing the non-metal material that those types of bands may be better known by. It's important to realize that we do not accept bands based on their non-metal material.

You may also find some clearly non-metal projects on our site. The only time we accept non-metal bands is if they are side-projects of (highly) notable metal artists. We are very strict when it comes to the rules governing what qualifies as an acceptable non-metal side-project. For this reason we permit very few of them on our site - the total number is less than a hundred - and we include them by staff consensus.

I understand that this might seem ridiculous or upsetting to you, but this is a hard line that the site takes to ensure that it remains on-topic and credible. We are strict with our guidelines because we want to make sure, to the best of our ability, that the bands that get accepted here are metal (as we define the term in our rules) and have released metal material. If we do not follow this practice we lose focus on being a metal encyclopedia.

MasterOfSin
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:07 am 

Hi,
Wich reason for "sense of creation" from UK to be BListed?

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:30 am 

Its rock, not metal.
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

MasterOfSin
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:51 am 

Ok,
In my opinion they are a regular Symphonic Gothic Metal.
Example:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUxJ5ZIobFg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoCWFy1IxZk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ld5rTzYp59s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ta9S0vLxCa4

In the album are two track that i can't define but to me they are Metal

soulonfire
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:10 am 

Just curious about why Praying Mantis isn't in here. I can understand if you go with them being more hard rock than metal, but you could say the same for Fist, Tygers of Pang Tan, and Dragster who are all in.

Use Baloo and calypso music.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:16 am 

Probably a couple of explanatory posts to be found here: search.php?keywords=%22Praying+Mantis%22&terms=all&author=&fid%5B%5D=3&sc=1&sf=all&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search

The gist of it is that, as a comparably well-known band, they've been discussed many times before and found to be more rock than metal. I remember Morrigan (the co-owner of this website) herself saying that she doesn't even remotely consider them acceptable. On the other hand, the bands you mentioned were all judged to be metal according to our guidelines. But we're not in the habit of indulging the ol' "if XYZ is here, then so must be ZYX" argument anyway (incidentally, Derigin's above post explains why), so let me stop you right there.

soulonfire
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:45 pm 

Interesting there's so much discussion on it. I suppose the old "XYZ is here but ABC who sound just like them isn't" argument is inevitable in situations like that. Point taken, I guess. Perhaps to us old farts, stuff like Praying Mantis IS metal. *shakes fist at cloud and walks away*

I actually thought they were banned based on that terrible Sanctuary album from a few years ago.

Use Baloo and calypso music.

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 7:07 pm 

MasterOfSin wrote:
In the album are two track that i can't define but to me they are Metal

I dunno man. I'm listening to that second track, do you really think that is a convincing example? There are only distorted guitars starting at that orchestral break around 3:00. If these tracks are telling of the band's style on the whole, I don't agree with raising the blacklist. I mean, I guess some comparisons can be drawn to Delain and the like, and it is decent for what it is, but it isn't acceptable. Agree to disagree in this case.

Last.fm

Derigin
The Mountain Man

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:03 pm 

soulonfire wrote:
I actually thought they were banned based on that terrible Sanctuary album from a few years ago.

It's worth mentioning that we wont ever remove (or ban) a metal band because they later produce a terrible or non-metal album. The only time a band is removed is if it's later found out that the band never released a valid, predominantly metal album. Usually that's the case if the band was mistakenly accepted by a mod. Admittedly, we are only human.

We do blacklist unacceptable bands as a deterrent from users continually trying to submit them, but that blacklist is not necessarily permanent. If the band becomes acceptable (by releasing a metal album), and a user notifies us about it, it will be removed from the blacklist and can be resubmitted again. The quickest way to figure out if a band is on the blacklist is to try to submit it. You will be prompted with a warning that the band is on the blacklist.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:24 am 

soulonfire wrote:
Interesting there's so much discussion on it. I suppose the old "XYZ is here but ABC who sound just like them isn't" argument is inevitable in situations like that.

To be frank, I'm totally with you there. After all there's no denying that there are lots of similar-sounding bands. I mean, duh. I've often found myself going "well, these bands are listed, I suppose this one should have a place too". It's only natural to think that. Still, things can carry some unexpected subtleties, even for seeming comrades-in-sound, and when you're working on the site for a time and regularly respond to inquiries in this thread, you start to see a pattern of people eager to seize this argument based on twisted points (ex. non-metal albums of accepted band listed, therefore other non-metal band must be allowed in) for the purposes of worming questionable bands into the site. Hence us being strict and systematic about not comparing bands (at least not as the ultimately deciding factor) and always stressing that we try to evaluate each on its own, on a case-by-case basis.

soulonfire wrote:

As derigin said, that would be irrelevant as long as they have at least one metal release (full-length, ideally). We don't revise history or retroactively "disown" bands. It only takes one clearly metal release as an anchor, the rest can be trip-hop for all we care. It seems to be a more sensible and workable approach than trying to judge whether a band "is", "looks" or "feels" metal as a whole. A good example of a potentially weird-seeming inclusion based on one metal release are Mucky Pup, which are known for their hardcore/punk rock output, but played crossover thrash metal on their debut (surprised us too when they were submitted).

I'd like to add that I have never listened to Praying Mantis myself (or if I have, I forgot how they sounded), so I can't really share my own thoughts on their status as a metal band or lack thereof. Just trying to relay how we work and what past sentiments on the band were by staffers who do know them.

juselius666
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:04 am 

Quote:
Sorry juselius666, Encyclopaedia Metallum was forced to reject your submission for the band Resilarus (Finland), for the following reason:

A band needs a valid release before they can be accepted to the site - a valid release is one that's either:

Digital and available for full download: must also be a finished/final mix (no garage rehearsals or rough mixes), AND long enough (preferably over 20 minutes)

Hey,

They have released two albums in public: http://resilarus.bandcamp.com/

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:32 am 

They have, but that doesn't sound like metal, so it doesn't matter anyway.

teh_Foxx0rz
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:36 am 

Mantis have some pretty metallic riffs here and there to my ears, but they're not throughout their whole songs like others, Tygers of Pan Tang being one of those. They're pretty much a slightly heavier Asia (although they were about 3 years ahead of them!). This song seems to have their more overtly metal moments from what I've listened to of them, but you can see what I mean: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQyhVjBjzxo (some are "heavier", but nonetheless have less of a riff than that)

And unfortunately I don't expect just being directly involved when NWOBHM was taking off in the Soundhouse quite qualifies them as important enough to be an exception, alas.

juselius666
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 3:30 pm 

Azmodes wrote:
They have, but that doesn't sound like metal, so it doesn't matter anyway.

What is this if not avant-garde (drone) metal? http://resilarus.bandcamp.com/album/02112014

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 3:44 pm 

It sounds like a five year old playing with ham radio controls.

Last.fm

19dlb92
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:27 pm 

Hi
i recently tried to add the band Dead Leaf to the archives but it got rejected. it is a mixture out of ambient and depressive black metal and you said you would need the whole promo so here it is:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvT0_WmDCgs
cheers

MegaChaos666
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:34 am 

Hey mods., why Underside (Nepal) blacklisted and don't tell me they are not metal. You need to listen and watch their music and videos.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:43 pm 

MegaChaos666 wrote:
Hey mods., why Underside (Nepal) blacklisted and don't tell me they are not metal. You need to listen and watch their music and videos.

The blacklist note says it's unacceptable alternative/metalcore. Provide links to music if you want to make a case for them.

D2e
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:20 pm 

Hello Mods,
Quick note on a recently rejected submission for RUMBLE Syndicate. I was referred here by a band called Mere Mortals who is currently included on your site. Their sound is MUCH softer/less metal than RUMBLE Syndicate, but they are indeed listed here so I was surprised to see the rejection for RUMBLE Syndicate.
Here is a clip from them: http://melodic-hardrock.com/mere-mortal ... ized-1987/

RUMBLE Syndicate bordered on Metal/Hard Rock & played many metal shows supporting acts like System of a Down, Machine Head, Godsmack, Static-X, etc. Can you please check out a few of the song clips listed below to give a 2nd listen?
Thanks a lot, guys!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9ngvHXbOko

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LinzU2W0v_k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNUpDp5I8Ek

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:35 pm 

19dlb92 wrote:
Hi
i recently tried to add the band Dead Leaf to the archives but it got rejected. it is a mixture out of ambient and depressive black metal and you said you would need the whole promo so here it is:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvT0_WmDCgs
cheers

Sounds like the ambient part is predominant.

D2e wrote:
Hello Mods,
Quick note on a recently rejected submission for RUMBLE Syndicate. I was referred here by a band called Mere Mortals who is currently included on your site. Their sound is MUCH softer/less metal than RUMBLE Syndicate, but they are indeed listed here so I was surprised to see the rejection for RUMBLE Syndicate.
Here is a clip from them: http://melodic-hardrock.com/mere-mortal ... ized-1987/

RUMBLE Syndicate bordered on Metal/Hard Rock & played many metal shows supporting acts like System of a Down, Machine Head, Godsmack, Static-X, etc. Can you please check out a few of the song clips listed below to give a 2nd listen?
Thanks a lot, guys!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9ngvHXbOko

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LinzU2W0v_k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNUpDp5I8Ek

The blacklist note says "rapcore" which is spot-on, if you ask me. This is about as metal as RATM or Korn. Clearly not acceptable, sorry.

Mere Mortals might warrant reevaluation, if that track is anything to go by, but we'd need to hear more from their discography. I'll look into it. Anyway, arguing for inclusion through comparing bands as different as this is not how we work here (scroll up for more details) and we have a separate thread for bands that should be deleted. At best, Mere Mortals is going to be deleted, not Rumble Syndicate accepted. EDIT: Yeah, not metal. Nuked.

RazorDick
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:21 pm 

Has any moderator listened to/reevaluated Festering Recto Gangrenous Slime?

Listen: http://festeringrectogangrenousslime.bandcamp.com/

Physical proof: https://www.facebook.com/FESTERINGRECTO ... =3&theater

Reviews: http://gonzokaraoke.wordpress.com/2014/ ... e-removal/

http://gonzokaraoke.wordpress.com/2014/ ... layground/

Hisie
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:01 pm 

I submited the band Winterpath from El Salvador, the band was rejected for the following reason:

"This band has been rejected by the moderators for the following reason:

"A band needs a valid release before they can be accepted to the site - a valid release is one that's either:

To prove this, you must include one of the following:
PHYSICAL RELEASES: Include photographic evidence (such as this or this) and upload them to a site like Imgur.com. Optionally, if you don't have access to any of the copies, you can include links to sites like BigCartel or a label's page that's selling them, or officially announced them as available for ordering.
DIGITAL-ONLY RELEASES: Include links to sites like Bandcamp, iTunes, Amazon, etc, to where the release can be purchased or downloaded.

The last update from the label showed that this wasn't released yet. If you have proof that this is out, resubmit, otherwise wait until it is actually released.""

Well, the band released the demo independently limited to 25 copies, not with Nebula Forest Productions.

A track: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqUAM79jS38
The photo of the demo: http://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Wi ... orm/468704

Alhadis
Madder Max

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:10 pm 

RazorDick wrote:
Has any moderator listened to/reevaluated Festering Recto Gangrenous Slime?

There's the odd death metal leaning here and there, which is inevitable with most goregrind. Majority of it is the same downtuned, groovy/punk-oriented goregrind the site doesn't consider to be acceptable goregrind, sorry.

Also, dude, you must've had nearly a hundred goregrind bands rejected by now... :ugh: You should have developed a sense of what the site doesn't consider acceptable a long time ago. Failing that, you should've also learned that your interpretation of acceptable goregrind is worlds apart from the site's, and appealing for a band rejection on the basis that "it's acceptable goregrind" really isn't going to get too far.

Hisie wrote:
Well, the band released the demo independently limited to 25 copies, not with Nebula Forest Productions.

A track: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqUAM79jS38
The photo of the demo: http://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Wi ... orm/468704

Why exactly are you posting that here? The band isn't blacklisted or anything, resubmit with that additional proof included in the additional notes, mate. :)

Hisie
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:42 pm 

I posted that here because, i submited the band with all the info and proof, and it was rejected.
ok, i will resubmit now :) thanks!

http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Win ... 3540388456

MasterOfSin
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:22 am 

Hi,
A few days ago i submitted a band from Madrid, Spain, called Silent Vice, they play Doom/gothic, but i can`t see it in any place, i supposed that was deleted, can you guys tell me the reason?
Thanks.

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:30 am 

Uh weird...it isn't blacklisted. We were having server issues a few days back, that might account for some unusual instances like this. I say resubmit.

Last.fm

MasterOfSin
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:58 am 

Strange . . . there is no sign of her in my account. I have to insert all again, then i will resubmitted.
But my points are incremented i suppose the band was accepted. very strange.

"Error 404
Band not found
We are sorry, the band Silent_Vice you were looking for could not be found. Perhaps the entry has been deleted, or is still pending moderation approval.

If you followed a link from an external site, it was most likely out of date. If you followed a link from within the site and believe this is an error, please report the dead URL below immediately. (Make sure to tell us where you clicked to end up on this page.)

http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Sil ... 3540388499
Thank you for your comprehension."

~Guest 310641
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:54 am 

Dear mods,

I tried to add band called Imperial Sin from Poland, but I've seen a warning about blacklisted bands. It seems that someone tried to add the band earlier, but I have no idea why they're banned.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCP91wg ... pfreload=1 this is their yt channel.

PDS
The Folk One

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:58 am 

blasteroid wrote:
Dear mods,

I tried to add band called Imperial Sin from Poland, but I've seen a warning about blacklisted bands. It seems that someone tried to add the band earlier, but I have no idea why they're banned.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCP91wg ... pfreload=1 this is their yt channel.

From looks of the note they were blacklisted for being a cover band, if you have any proof against it just post it here.
I dunno, I'm a guitarist and it always feels like playing a giant cock. Not just that but live music should hit you in the genitals. It might not if you don't use good amplifiers and your modelling shit goes straight out of the PA. But good music hits you HARD in the GENITALS.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:49 pm 

MasterOfSin wrote:
Strange . . . there is no sign of her in my account. I have to insert all again, then i will resubmitted.

"Error 404
Band not found
We are sorry, the band Silent_Vice you were looking for could not be found. Perhaps the entry has been deleted, or is still pending moderation approval.

If you followed a link from an external site, it was most likely out of date. If you followed a link from within the site and believe this is an error, please report the dead URL below immediately. (Make sure to tell us where you clicked to end up on this page.)

I followed that link and it was actually deleted by OpsiusCato because the album is "[s]treaming-only. Physical version comes out in 2015". You can't access the link because it's a deleted band.

false_icon
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:37 pm 

I was curious about why Needful Things from Czechia are blacklisted.
I always tought of them as more death metal than hardcore influenced.
Here is a youtube link for their last album.
To separate art from entertainment doesn't make sense anymore.

my trade list

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 3:38 pm 

Blacklist note cites: "noisegrind"

Last.fm

OpsiusCato
Mexican Metal Inquisition

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:50 pm 

Azmodes wrote:
MasterOfSin wrote:

"Error 404
Band not found

I followed that link and it was actually deleted by OpsiusCato because the album is "[s]treaming-only. Physical version comes out in 2015". You can't access the link because it's a deleted band.

Yeah, I forgot to post in the deletions thread about them. Will do in a moment.
Opsius is Metal as fuck.

TheStormIRide
Certified Poser

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:01 pm 

false_icon wrote:
I was curious about why Needful Things from Czechia are blacklisted.
I always tought of them as more death metal than hardcore influenced.
Here is a youtube link for their last album.

Blacklist simply states "noisegrind".

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1 ... 291, 292, 293, 294, 295, 296, 297 ... 541  Next