Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:59 pm 

viewtopic.php?p=2588866#p2588866

TheStormIRide
Certified Poser

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:12 pm 

Azmodes wrote:
MutantClannfear wrote:
https://apmdsl.bandcamp.com/album/nothing-violates-this-nature

I'd say that's acceptable, but let's wait for a few more opinions.

I think it's acceptable too, Az.

TheGrimWombat
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:05 pm 

https://enablermke.bandcamp.com/album/fail-to-feel-safe

Maybe Enabler can be re-assessed, as well?

Miriamfenton
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:21 pm 

I was trying to post about a band that I love Spelled Moon and I couldn't before making mistakes since I'm new here I wanted to ask first...
they do have an official release.
the cd is available in many pages for sale including cdbaby and iTunes
they do have official videos on youtube..
thanks for the help

Warkultmx
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:17 am 

Ok, my apologies... these are pictures of my demo (Warkult) in imgur, so I hope this can solve the situation, cheers. http://imgur.com/a/592yx

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:30 am 

Miriamfenton wrote:
I was trying to post about a band that I love Spelled Moon and I couldn't before making mistakes since I'm new here I wanted to ask first...
they do have an official release.
the cd is available in many pages for sale including cdbaby and iTunes
they do have official videos on youtube..
thanks for the help

They were blacklisted a year ago for being mostly rock.

Warkultmx wrote:
Ok, my apologies... these are pictures of my demo (Warkult) in imgur, so I hope this can solve the situation, cheers. http://imgur.com/a/592yx

Okay, but could you provide some details about that release? How many copies? How do you distribute them? Any reference to it online? I'm just wondering, because there is no mention about a CD release whatsoever on your official page.

TheGrimWombat wrote:
https://enablermke.bandcamp.com/album/fail-to-feel-safe

Maybe Enabler can be re-assessed, as well?

As opposed to that APMD album, this still feels more hardcore than metal to me.

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:00 am 

Yeah a reassessment of new material from a previously blacklisted band doesn't necessarily mean that another blacklisted band (who, speaking as a big Enabler fan, hasn't done much to evolve their sound at all throughout their career) has a better shot now than the last time. I can see why they're a debated band and all, but I don't see Enabler ever being accepted.
the reason your grandmother has all those plastic sheets on her furniture is because she is probably a squirter

Warkultmx
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:01 am 

Sure Azmodes, it was released on December 17, 2015, I made 100 copies and I personally distributed them in my city though I´m looking for a label yet.

The only online reference I can give to you is the Facebook page which I posted: www.facebook.com/warkultofficial
and the channel on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiR2IS ... 27vkek3I_w

http://imgur.com/yhCZpIl
http://imgur.com/tKJUYJb

Thank you.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:25 pm 

Alright, resubmit.

Warkultmx
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:37 pm 

Thank you, Azmodes. I´ve sent the request again.

Warkultmx
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:52 pm 

Thank you for the approval and sorry for my misunderstanding...

muxlow
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:47 pm 

Hi,

We got rejected for having an invalid release. The only thing I can think that would disqualify us is that you didn't see our Bandcamp link (http://witchcryer.bandcamp.com) – I added that under Links.

Do I need to put that on the release somewhere? Didn't see a field for it..

Thanks!

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:48 pm 

That's a short demo, not valid as a digital-only release. You'll have to wait until there is a physical version or another digital release.

muxlow
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:12 pm 

Azmodes wrote:
That's a short demo, not valid as a digital-only release. You'll have to wait until there is a physical version or another digital release.

Booo, but okay. We may have some CDs or tapes pressed up. We'll be back!

Cheers

TheGrimWombat
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:41 pm 

BastardHead wrote:
Yeah a reassessment of new material from a previously blacklisted band doesn't necessarily mean that another blacklisted band (who, speaking as a big Enabler fan, hasn't done much to evolve their sound at all throughout their career) has a better shot now than the last time. I can see why they're a debated band and all, but I don't see Enabler ever being accepted.

More coincidence than anything, I had been intending to ask last year, but forgot, honestly.

Miriamfenton
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:36 pm 

Thank you for your prompt response. However, I have to disagree about Spelled Moon being mostly rock. If you check out their video on you tube "A War of Shadows" https://youtu.be/DAeG5Vauj38 , you will see and hear that they are definitely power metal.

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:32 pm 

The band has some power metal elements, but they aren't predominantly metal.

Plus, only providing one song isn't going to be enough to change our decision in any event. I also listened to "Hidden in the Winds," but that was even softer. Doesn't look like this band is going to be acceptable at the moment.
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

EpicDismemberment
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:00 am 

Hi,
Bergelmir which is in the band queue right now. How come this band got out from the blacklist? Because this band got submitted before by me and it was rejected for being more ambient. The reason from the mod name uglur (if I can recall who it was clearly) was "track one is black metal, but the other two is ambient" then it got blacklisted.

macattila
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 5:37 am 

Hi, it's Attila from Stabbed, Hungary

While I'm trying to add my band to the page, I get this message:

"Warning: a band called "Stabbed" (Hungary) has been blacklisted! Your submission will not go through, unless your band comes from a different country; select the country in the drop-down to verify.
If you think this is an error, please ask in this forum thread. Attempting to circumvent the blacklist is a bannable offense. Thank you."

Few years ago, I made a mistake, because I uploaded this project, and it was not metal - but now, looking at our new release it definitely fits to your page https://stabbed.bandcamp.com/

Can you please review, and remove my band from blacklist, as we are really in metal music now.

Thanks a lot!

Antioch
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:53 am 

Wondering about Carrion Witch. I can see why their full-length (http://carrionwitch.bandcamp.com/album/ ... om-i-speak) would get them blacklisted, but their debut EP (http://carrionwitch.bandcamp.com/album/vestal-ep) sounds quite metallic to me.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:26 am 

EpicDismemberment wrote:
Hi,
Bergelmir which is in the band queue right now. How come this band got out from the blacklist? Because this band got submitted before by me and it was rejected for being more ambient. The reason from the mod name uglur (if I can recall who it was clearly) was "track one is black metal, but the other two is ambient" then it got blacklisted.

Are you sure it was blacklisted? It could be that uglur forgot or chose not to. In any case, I've rejected the new submission as well and blacklisted it now. If there are new releases, they can be reconsidered in this thread.

EpicDismemberment
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:34 am 

I'm quite sure it was blacklisted at that time. When it got rejected I tried filling the band name on "Add a new band" section and it pop up that was blacklisted. However, it isn't important now ;)

All_You_Can_Eat
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:27 pm 

MY bitter end? whoa! Have any of the admins heard Nostalgic Sentiments? IT came out 3 years ago!

I think they should get off blacklist,

Listen to that EP here and let me know what you think!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTL1J4S ... 5NJQx2R_-y

I think this came out on We are triumphant records on CD's only.

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:43 pm 

Not metal. The riffs have virtually no structure at all.

MutantClannfear
Blank Czech

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:24 am 

Does somebody else need to chime in on APMD before they can be whitelisted?

RazorDick
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:58 am 

Sabrewulf just released a full length album, I was about to try to submit them but it appears they are blacklisted, can a mod give the album a listen to re-evaluate them, please? :)
http://sabrewulfkvlt.bandcamp.com/album/sangre-y-alma

Hawk Emblem
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:00 am 

Hail fellow metal brethren!

My band Homolka was rejected due to another band bearing the same name being blacklisted. I'm wondering how to go about listing my band on the archives? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Best regards,
Hawk Emblem

overlyepux
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:53 pm 

I'm trying to add my band Phantom. But I'm being told that some other band with the same name was already rejected, and as such my request will simply not go through. My band has never been submitted before, how do I get around this?

TheStormIRide
Certified Poser

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:53 pm 

Hawk Emblem wrote:
My band Homolka was rejected due to another band bearing the same name being blacklisted. I'm wondering how to go about listing my band on the archives? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Can you post some links to soundclips to prove the band plays metal and that you have a valid release?

TheStormIRide
Certified Poser

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:54 pm 

RazorDick wrote:
Sabrewulf just released a full length album, I was about to try to submit them but it appears they are blacklisted, can a mod give the album a listen to re-evaluate them, please? :)

I'm still feeling like this sludgy hardcore. Looks like the blacklisting was done by Azmodes last year. Can you take a look at this Az?

TheStormIRide
Certified Poser

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:00 pm 

overlyepux wrote:
I'm trying to add my band Phantom. But I'm being told that some other band with the same name was already rejected, and as such my request will simply not go through. My band has never been submitted before, how do I get around this?

Could be because it's such a common name. It was blacklisted before we even had mod notes attached. Does your project have a physical release or any other releases? Because as it stands from the Bandcamp link, it's not long enough to qualify as a digital-only submission at this point.

overlyepux
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:05 pm 

TheStormIRide wrote:
overlyepux wrote:

Could be because it's such a common name. It was blacklisted before we even had mod notes attached. Does your project have a physical release or any other releases? Because as it stands from the Bandcamp link, it's not long enough to qualify as a digital-only submission at this point.

Just what's on the bandcamp burned onto CD-Rs.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:51 pm 

TheStormIRide wrote:
RazorDick wrote:

I'm still feeling like this sludgy hardcore. Looks like the blacklisting was done by Azmodes last year. Can you take a look at this Az?

hmmmmm yeah, more like sludgy hardcore still. It's slow and heavy, but I'm not feeling the doom.

MutantClannfear wrote:
Does somebody else need to chime in on APMD before they can be whitelisted?

Still waiting on a couple of mods to comment in the internal forum. Rest assured that a post will be made here once the matter is decided.

Amber Gray
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 8:22 pm 

Hey again. My project ZON has released a new album, much heavier on the metal than the first. This one is a combination of psychedelic/atmospheric black metal and krautrock. Drone, ambient, and noise elements still prevalent, but metal riffs and moments are not hard to be found, especially the track "Dim Pilgrim". Think it could be reconsidered?

https://znmusic.bandcamp.com/album/mount-gaash

Oh, and don't think I made it just to get in or something ha. I was listening to the new Oranssi Pazuzu album and got this blackened krautrock/metal idea, and I just think psych in black metal is very scarce and we could only benefit from more.

I didn't really consider continuing after the debut, but now I think I will. It'll be my outlet for metal/music that pushes it to the absolute limit. Could be considered general avant-garde metal in that regard.

[New release] Noosefiller - Noosefilller (Technical/Progressive Black Metal)
Q'uq'umatz (Avant-garde/progressive metal/psychedelic/noise rock)

RazorDick
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:21 pm 

Thank you for taking the time to listen and responding :)

gerardo a
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:53 am 

Hi, i want to add a band from my country, but it's "blacklisted" i dont know why, I add other bands before, i read the rules, but i like to have an answer about this, if someone can help me thanks

The name of the band it's "Ab Eterno" from Guatemala, its the first time that i try to add it

Thanks !

i leave you a sample of the new album of Ab Eterno, so you can see that its not a fake band, and its a Metal Band. Thanks

https://abeternoofficial.bandcamp.com/t ... ing-myself

Helvede
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:18 pm 

gerardo a wrote:
Hi, i want to add a band from my country, but it's "blacklisted" i dont know why, I add other bands before, i read the rules, but i like to have an answer about this, if someone can help me thanks

The name of the band it's "Ab Eterno" from Guatemala, its the first time that i try to add it

Thanks !

When you try to add the band it actually gives you a reason for being on the black list in the big orange box. It says "Bedroom wannabe-black metal, maybe one riff in it all for a short time, mostly mindless strumming, 3 /7 ambient tracks, 10 copies."

Meaning it has been evaluated before. This was in 2013. If the band has changed towards metal since and released something metal, you can gather some links and make your case here, and it will be re-evaluated.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 2:16 pm 

Helvede wrote:
When you try to add the band it actually gives you a reason for being on the black list in the big orange box.

err, just to be clear on this, it doesn't. It only shows that a certain band is blacklisted, people can ask for the reasoning in this thread.

gerardo a
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 2:52 pm 

Helvede wrote:
gerardo a wrote:

Thanks !

When you try to add the band it actually gives you a reason for being on the black list in the big orange box. It says "Bedroom wannabe-black metal, maybe one riff in it all for a short time, mostly mindless strumming, 3 /7 ambient tracks, 10 copies."

Meaning it has been evaluated before. This was in 2013. If the band has changed towards metal since and released something metal, you can gather some links and make your case here, and it will be re-evaluated.

Thanks for answer so fast..... to my just says "Warning: a band called "Ab Eterno" (Guatemala) has been blacklisted! Your submission will not go through, unless etc..." probably i dont have that kind of permission ....

Well, since 2013 they have a lot of changes, a new member came to make the band stronger and just recorded new music much more elaborate than before and now include drums.

You can hear the song Killing-myself in this link

http://abeternoofficial.bandcamp.com/tr ... ing-myself

and they are selling physical copies of their new material from his facebook, which includes 6 new songs, also can hear in this link,

https://www.reverbnation.com/abEternoOf ... rofile_box

In reverbnation appear 4 songs but just "Liar" and "Killing myself" are part of the new album, the other are old songs.

Well, I hope you like it
and thanks, hopefully allow me to try to include this band.

ntghwlk
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 9:04 pm 

I suppose you don't like posts "I tried to submit my band..." from one-post-users, as I do. But Encyclopaedia is my fundamental place for musical search, and after a year of hesitation I decided to try submitting my band, indeed. And as you could guess - it was orangebox-rejected.

The band calls Obsidian Mantra. I didn't find it on the blacklist, nor in any threads. You can listen to it HERE. We have physical 30' EP. I suspect that our term "atmospheric modern metal" may be not so encouraging, but I belive we have a solid death metal root in our music and we have nothing in common with a typical djent or other groove metal bands. But, of course, it is my feeling.

Regardless of the outcome, it will be great to know your opinion.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1 ... 364, 365, 366, 367, 368, 369, 370 ... 541  Next