Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
uglur
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:50 am 

Morrigan wrote:
Uhh.... a shitty-sounding mp3 and a cardboard cut-out? That's all you got? Come on, you know better than to submit something with so little evidence...

the photo is of the copy i own. and the shitty mp3 is a rip i made of the very shitty tape^^
how should i provide more proof of a band who isn't represented online anywhere?

here are more photos of the tape, that's all i can provide:
http://imgur.com/a/HMaUj

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:12 pm 

Eh. :| Where did you get this tape? (And... why? Dear gods it sounded horrible, no offense. :lol:)

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

uglur
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:56 pm 

Morrigan wrote:
Eh. :| Where did you get this tape? (And... why? Dear gods it sounded horrible, no offense. :lol:)

i know it's bad and the guy how caused this earache should feel bad^^
it was included in a tape collection i bought some time ago.

RazorDick
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:48 pm 

Sludge/Doom band Dead Commuter were rejected for being "Post-Hardcore" but that is not so, the song you listened to is the ambient song of their album "Tendrils". I uploaded two songs on youtube for you guys to listen to. If you still say they aren't metal then I won't bother you again about Dead Commuter

Track 1 from "Tendrils" - "Flight Of The Diseased"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6sVZ4uLET8

Track 4 from "Tendrils" - "Swearengen"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXAjAvbBI9w

Derigin
The Mountain Man

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:43 pm 

Oh for pete's sake, you were informed two days ago by several mods that we reviewed the music and didn't find it acceptable (in this same thread, actually). That opinion has not changed.

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:45 pm 

You're wasting our time and you're laughing at us. Consider yourself lucky that you're not banned.

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

RazorDick
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:50 pm 

I'm not laughing at anyone, not trying to cause any problems, just asking for one more listen, I don't ever argue with anyone, I'm a very peaceful person. Not looking to get banned neither, I really enjoy Metal-Archives and just want to help in anyway I can such add updating information, line ups, correcting mistakes or adding metal bands :)
All I ask is for one more listen.

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:54 pm 

You got the opinion of me and Azmodes and Derigin (both metal gods), do you want the opinion of the janitor and the dishwasher too?

Subject closed.

RazorDick
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:02 pm 

I'm sorry. I don't want to cause any problems. I have read here the way some people are very disrespectful. I took time to make the videos to give better examples and took a bus to the library to upload them on YouTube (I use my phone for internet). I'm not trying to anger anybody or start an argument, once again I'm sorry. Thank you for your time.

RazorDick
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:40 pm 

I just went back a page to check who wrote back to my first question and Azmodes wasn't one of the moderators that replied to me just you two (Derigin & Metatoine).

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:47 pm 

Yeah, well, I was talking to Azmo too and his opinion is the same.

I'm sorry if you took it the wrong way, but you've been given an answer, please try to respect the decisions of the site even if you don't agree with them. Your life will not end if 1 band is not approved. And not caring about our decisions and disregarding our comments seems disrespectful to me.

God, people are always misspelling my name :(

RazorDick
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:02 pm 

Sorry about misspelling you're name Metantoine, I was trying not to misspell it.
I respect the decision made but that decision was made on one song that is the reason I made two videos with songs from the album that I was giving you link to download but I didn't know the link was dead. This songs I uploaded on YouTube represent the band better. It's true I won't die if they aren't approved, but I got the feeling that neither of you even clicked on the new YouTube links I provided to listen to the music. That is the reason I ask for one more listen, please?

Alhadis
Madder Max

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:13 am 

RazorDick wrote:
It's true I won't die if they aren't approved, but I got the feeling that neither of you even clicked on the new YouTube links I provided to listen to the music. That is the reason I ask for one more listen, please?

Take my third opinion too, then: what I'm hearing isn't metal.

Fucking love the band name though. :lol:

RazorDick
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:23 am 

Thank you, Alhadis, for taking time to watch the videos and listening to the songs i posted for better examples. I respect the judgment taken by the moderators :)
All I really wanted was one more honest listen to the other songs that weren't available before on YouTube until I uploaded them. Thank you, again. Won't be pestering you guys about Dead Commuter :) yeah, great band name haha.

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:01 am 

uglur wrote:
Morrigan wrote:

i know it's bad and the guy how caused this earache should feel bad^^
it was included in a tape collection i bought some time ago.

Hmm. I believe you, I just wonder if that tape is really legit, like if it got real distribution and wasn't just a joke between friends with just 1 copy made for lols and somehow it got thrown into that collection you ended up with. I don't suppose you have a way of finding out?

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

Blake_Porter
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:06 am 

So, regarding the new band contribution regulations, I was trying to add Rhanawa to the archives. I tried before I even had a clue about not allowing digitally distributed albums, but now that MA is allowing this I tried to submit my draft again. However, the band has been blacklisted and it will not allow me to do so. Can someone please explain why they are still blacklisted?

Alhadis
Madder Max

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:36 am 

Blake_Porter wrote:
So, regarding the new band contribution regulations, I was trying to add Rhanawa to the archives. I tried before I even had a clue about not allowing digitally distributed albums, but now that MA is allowing this I tried to submit my draft again. However, the band has been blacklisted and it will not allow me to do so. Can someone please explain why they are still blacklisted?

I'm not familiar with the band, and the blacklist doesn't say why they were blacklisted, though they're tagged on Last.fm as "black metal"... I'm guessing they were blacklisted for no PR.

I've removed them, but bear in mind we still expect the usual evidence of a valid release - as well as song samples. :p

uglur
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:39 am 

Morrigan wrote:
Hmm. I believe you, I just wonder if that tape is really legit, like if it got real distribution and wasn't just a joke between friends with just 1 copy made for lols and somehow it got thrown into that collection you ended up with. I don't suppose you have a way of finding out?

The tape is numbered and limited to 18 copies. also my copy of the demo includes a handwritten dedication to the guy of Division Geistes-Waffe a small (legit) german label.
At least the Freigeist Diktat side sounds (besides the shitty quality) like a serious attempt of creating music.
On the Opferbereitschaft side it sounds at certain parts as the vocalist is laughing his ass off. But their "metalness" was in doubt anyway. any words on that?

wrathchild_88
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:04 pm 

Can Radiance (Fin) be taken off the blacklist? I presume the reason for it being blacklisted was it being digital-only...
http://music.radiance.fi/

In
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:50 pm 

Can someone take Cursed Altar off the blacklist? I assume it was because they released digital-only albums.

http://azurahblackmetal.bandcamp.com/

OpsiusCato
Mexican Metal Inquisition

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:51 pm 

In wrote:
Can someone take Cursed Altar off the blacklist? I assume it was because they released digital-only albums.

Post-Rock/Ambient, according to the blacklist. Also, is is a fiarly recent note, so I doubt they have released something more metallic since it was written...
Opsius is Metal as fuck.

In
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:53 pm 

OpsiusCato wrote:
In wrote:

Post-Rock/Ambient

No, they're atmospheric black metal with post-rock/ambient elements.

OpsiusCato

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:54 pm 

OpsiusCato wrote:
Post-Rock/Ambient, according to the blacklist. Also, this is a fairly recent note, so I doubt they have released something more metallic since it was written...
Opsius is Metal as fuck.

In
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:55 pm 

OpsiusCato wrote:
OpsiusCato wrote:
Post-Rock/Ambient, according to the blacklist. Also, this is a fairly recent note, so I doubt they have released something more metallic since it was written...

Allow me to prove you wrong.

http://azurahblackmetal.bandcamp.com/album/the-darkest-place-on-earth-is-the-mind-of-man

OpsiusCato

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:59 pm 

If it was a competition, I would win. The note was added in very early December 2012, and that album you mention was released in November 4th. I am not the moderator who added it, by the way. The mod who did must have taken that album you mention into consideration, given that it was just a month after it was released.
Opsius is Metal as fuck.

In
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:00 pm 

OpsiusCato wrote:
If it was a competition, I would win. The note was added in very early December 2012, and that album you mention was released in November 4th. I am not the moderator who added it, by the way. The mod who did must have taken that album you mention into consideration, given that it was just a month after it was released.

Then that mod is obviously wrong.

OpsiusCato

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:12 pm 

You are aware that having ONE metal-based song is not enough to be accepted when the band is based on NON-metallic sounds, right? And no, I haven't listened to it, yet.
Opsius is Metal as fuck.

Porman
Sweek Souvlaki Muncher

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:15 pm 

Besides that EP isn't up to our standards when it comes to our Valid Release rule. Please do read up on it.

In
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:17 pm 

Porman wrote:
Besides that EP isn't up to our standards when it comes to our Valid Release rule. Please do read up on it.

Have you even seen how many releases they've put out?

Porman
Sweek Souvlaki Muncher

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:24 pm 

Demo - 2 songs (digital) = Not a full length
Mörke - 1 song 14 min. (digital) = Not a full length
Footsteps Of Past Journeys (digital compilation) = Compilation
As The World Survives We Will Die Off As A Moment in Time = Not a full length
The Darkest Place On Earth Is The Mind Of Man = Not a full length
Movements of The Frozen Earth = Not a full length
Deny Everything While You're Wasted = Covers only

Your point?

In
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:27 pm 

Porman wrote:
Demo - 2 songs (digital) = Not a full length
Mörke - 1 song 14 min. (digital) = Not a full length
Footsteps Of Past Journeys (digital compilation) = Compilation
As The World Survives We Will Die Off As A Moment in Time = Not a full length
The Darkest Place On Earth Is The Mind Of Man = Not a full length
Movements of The Frozen Earth = Not a full length
Deny Everything While You're Wasted = Covers only

Your point?

Morrigan said that two EPs are better than one, and Cursed Altar has released a lot of material. It's insulting to look at their large body of work and dismiss it outright.

Porman
Sweek Souvlaki Muncher

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:35 pm 

I skimmed through it, and most of it is either ambient parts or noise. You got what? 10 minutes of metal tops in all those songs?

In
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:38 pm 

Porman wrote:
I skimmed through it, and most of it is either ambient parts or noise. You got what? 10 minutes of metal tops in all those songs?

If you think most of it is either ambient or noise then you're obviously deaf.

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:42 pm 

God, the board is so shitty right now. Fuckin' hell. Yeah, man Porman is deaf.

Porman
Sweek Souvlaki Muncher

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:49 pm 

Yeah, I'm probably deaf... Both me and Derigin are deaf. Let's see who else is...

OpsiusCato

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:06 pm 

My name is OpsiusCato and I am an alcoh... uhm, I mean, deaf! I am also deaf.

Three deaf mods. I'm sure this is a record of some kind.
Opsius is Metal as fuck.

Pr0nogo
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:57 pm 

:lol:

At the very least, deaf mods can be good for some laughs.

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:49 pm 

In wrote:
Morrigan said that two EPs are better than one, and Cursed Altar has released a lot of material. It's insulting to look at their large body of work and dismiss it outright.

Please don't quote me out of context. "Two EPs are better than one" refers to a case where a band might have only 1 short EP of roughly 15 minutes, which we tend to reject, but if they have 2 EPs of 15 minutes each it might be slightly more acceptable.... and all that is still assuming that these two EPs are both fully metal. If you have several non-metal EP and 1 metal EP with about 10 minutes worth of metal in total, I don't care how many demos, EPs and singles you have.

I'm not about to check out your entire discography. If you have a fully metal album amidst this discography, say which one and we'll evaluate it. If you have a few metal passages scattered across your largely post-rock/ambient discography, then you're SOL.

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:

mikelevilkiller
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:32 pm 

Why my band "Evil Killer" is on the blacklist??

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:44 pm 

No proof of a valid release. There is talk of a demo on your Facebook page. Has it been released physically? ¿Hay un lanzamiento físico? ¿O un álbum válido por descarga? Lee nuestras reglas aquí ("Bands and albums"), por favor.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1 ... 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184 ... 541  Next