Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
MetalizeR888
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:03 pm 

Fulgurius wrote:
MetalizeR888 wrote:
Why Mortifero (Arg) and Corsair (USA) are blacklisted?

Mortifero was blacklisted because it was resubmitted multiple times without any evidence of a valid release. If you can provide such evidence, it may be unblacklisted.
The blacklist note for Corsair says it's rock.

I have the evidence, how i can upload again?

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:09 pm 

http://imgur.com/

MetalizeR888
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:15 pm 

Azmodes wrote:
http://imgur.com/

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/q71/548423_617955934915469_1633867753_n.jpg

ArchPhoenix
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:12 am 

hello there
well i have tried to admit my band a couple of times and you rejected it claiming it doesn't have a valid proof of release, well i linked the Bandcamp link to the band in the 2nd time and still got rejected

well let me explain, Hypomania is a thrash metal band from Jordan that was formed during fall 2012, and we've worked hard and recorded a 3 song demo that's mixed, produced and mastered (no rehearsal or raw mix), we've released the 1st song 2 months ago, and now the whole demo album is out on this link http://hypomania.bandcamp.com/album/cynical-warfare which i also included in the link section when i re-submitted the band.

i would like to add that you've accepted a band a few days ago which i'm not gonna mention in public, that's actually a one man project for someone who rips off instrumentals from youtube, then make some cheap guitarist add some riffs, and record his terrible vocals over it, this guy is the biggest joke in the metal scene here, and still you accepted it, while a band like ours where we all are real musicians, real metalheads who worked hard, paid alot to record are rejected. Moreover, in my ex-band which is a big thing now in Jordan and i'm proud of it, when our 1st demo was released it was only on youtube and it consisted of 1 track only, and you accepted it with no issues, i'm sorry if i sounded rude, but i'm trying to claim my right here to be registered on Metal Archives, because this is really non-sense, you have the links to everything, our youtube, our facebook, the profile on Jorzine who claims that they are partners with you, and to bandcamp as you requested for digital releases, and you can listen to our demo and see if it's metal or not.

please consider my objection and band again, and sorry again for bothering

sincere regards,
Archphoenix

iamntbatman
Chaos Breed

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:21 am 

Our guidelines for accepting bands based on digital-only releases is much more strict than for bands with publicly distributed physical releases. A brief 3-song demo simply isn't enough material to qualify for acceptance based on a valid digital release.

If there are bands already on the Archives who you believe shouldn't be (i.e. for lack of valid release, plagiarized music or whatever else), please bring them up in this thread: http://www.metal-archives.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=65721.

GLOAMING - death/doom | COMA VOID - black/doom/post-rock

Alhadis
Madder Max

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:25 am 

Hey mate,

Sorry, but I'm afraid we've had to enforce a number of rules in order to allow bands with digital-only releases to be accepted. For years, this wasn't the case: if a band didn't have a physical release, we wouldn't admit them to the site AT ALL. It was only after lengthy discussion and consideration between the staff that we agreed bands with digital-only discographies could be accepted, but only if they were convincingly serious endeavours... generally governed by the overall playing time of the digital recording.

Now, I know you poured your backs into the recording and paid for the mixing and mastering, and so forth, but I'm afraid a 3-track digital demo is still too short for us to consider it a valid digital release (if the material was circulated physically, well, that's a different story altogether).

ArchPheonix wrote:
i would like to add that you've accepted a band a few days ago which i'm not gonna mention in public, that's actually a one man project for someone who rips off instrumentals from youtube, then make some cheap guitarist add some riffs, and record his terrible vocals over it, this guy is the biggest joke in the metal scene here, and still you accepted it

... this is also a different story altogether. :| If true, this needs to be dealt with, and you've every right to file a report (with links to the songs in question) requesting the band's removal.

ArchPhoenix
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:42 am 

well, thanks for replying and explaining
I've read your rules thoroughly and understand the regulations before submitting my band of course, but i thought the case would be considered even if it was about 13 minutes demo, what made me think you would accept it, that i've been in the metalscene in jordan for many years, and alot of bands who are registered here, didn't have actual physical releases when they were accepted, and you were still on the "only physical" releases rule, i'm not going to mention them anyway, because they're my fellow metal brothers, plus most of them have now released physical records, but it's like somehow they managed to be accepted here during the era of their only digital releases. and sometimes only youtube and soundcloud thing.

anyways we're already planning to print physical copies of our demo, so guess i will wait till then and re-submit the band

about the fake band, well yea i guess i will report it because it's a shame to be registered on Metal Archives, that guy is a real joke, if he used his real name and you looked it up, you'd seen what a poser he is.

cheers !!

Alhadis
Madder Max

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:48 am 

ArchPhoenix wrote:
but it's like somehow they managed to be accepted here during the era of their only digital releases. and sometimes only youtube and soundcloud thing.

All I can say is that mistakes can happen, mate. :) Sometimes we have users try and worm bands onto the site with bogus evidence (such as by photographing a few CDrs with handwriting on them and claiming that the band distributed them at shows) which is why mods have to be suspicious when confronted with shady-looking evidence.

Quote:
anyways we're already planning to print physical copies of our demo, so guess i will wait till then and re-submit the band

Yes, please do. :D

iamntbatman
Chaos Breed

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:54 am 

I was just trying to be formal but yes, your music definitely sounded like a lot of work was put into the recording and production of it, so it's definitely worthy of physical release. Put out a CD! :)

ArchPhoenix
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 4:06 am 

well thank you guys Alhadis and iamthebatman

we will print those CDs for the demo soon, and our full length album might out be around summer 2014 ;)

dantes
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:07 pm 

You know, making 20 Cdr would be just enough, as long as you openly sell them. You could be on the site in no time.

ArchPhoenix
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:59 pm 

dantes wrote:
You know, making 20 Cdr would be just enough, as long as you openly sell them. You could be on the site in no time.

well sure, we're gonna try to make 30-40 CDs and offer them on multiple places, either selling locally and shipping abroad

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:41 am 

ArchPhoenix wrote:
dantes wrote:

well sure, we're gonna try to make 30-40 CDs and offer them on multiple places, either selling locally and shipping abroad

Keep in mind that dantes is not a moderator, and him assuring you that this insanely limited amount of cheaply made CDrs would be enough isn't something you should take to heart. And also dantes should know better not to mini-mod. Come on now.
the reason your grandmother has all those plastic sheets on her furniture is because she is probably a squirter

ArchPhoenix
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:16 am 

well thanks for notifying me, I assure you we're working professionally to get our music published and printed on CDs, but remember here that in our countries, metal is rejected, there is no record labels even for rock let alone metal, almost 99.99% of studios and record companies refuse to work with you the moment they see you walking with long hair before even knowing what you've got. but still many bands are making it for the sake of playing our beloved music !! so don't be too harsh on us here

and seriously c'mon guys, bands who print one copy just to show you the photograph, are getting submitted here and you're accepting them, i've been in a band like that a 3 years ago,where the 1st demo was only one song and released on YOUTUBE (i didn't share in writing or recording it, lol :P) !!
the "guy" behind the band, added an intro and outro that didn't even exist to make the demo look longer, submitted it and you accepted it, now of course the band got better and recorded an actual physical record. and i wish them all the best, so please don't tell me that i need to sell 1000 copies and play in open air festival to get my band here

I'm sorry to say that but I guess it's about connections, a guy who's friend with a moderator, can get his band here in no time, DON'T GET ME WRONG please, i'm NOT trying to offend you, I appreciate your work and respect your rules here, but unfortunately there are always people who could somehow get passed by them

Cursarion
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:43 am 

ArchPhoenix wrote:
and seriously c'mon guys, bands who print one copy just to show you the photograph, are getting submitted here and you're accepting them, i've been in a band like that a 3 years ago,where the 1st demo was only one song and released on YOUTUBE (i didn't share in writing or recording it, lol :P) !!
the "guy" behind the band, added an intro and outro that didn't even exist to make the demo look longer, submitted it and you accepted it, now of course the band got better and recorded an actual physical record. and i wish them all the best, so please don't tell me that i need to sell 1000 copies and play in open air festival to get my band here

We're naturally all humans, thus we make mistakes, but we also correct the mistakes to our best ability. Just see the Cleansing the archives, a.k.a. Why was band X accepted? thread, which is the opposite of this one, though decisions get overturned here too.

ArchPhoenix wrote:
I'm sorry to say that but I guess it's about connections, a guy who's friend with a moderator, can get his band here in no time, DON'T GET ME WRONG please, i'm NOT trying to offend you, I appreciate your work and respect your rules here, but unfortunately there are always people who could somehow get passed by them

Not really, no. I'm not saying it couldn't happen, but if it does, it will be noticed. There's 100% transparency on the site, with a constant "peer review" of sorts. If moderators go rogue, they won't remain moderators for very long.

Alhadis
Madder Max

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:50 am 

ArchPhoenix wrote:
I'm sorry to say that but I guess it's about connections

Yeah, no it's not. Trust me, there's a reason why moderators are chosen very carefully. :p Cursarion's right; and we've had moderators discharged from the team for being caught out over sneaky shit before.

Rules are rules, and there's no "special treatment" involved. Period. If you know of a band that shouldn't be here, by all means, bring them up in the aforementioned thread.

ArchPhoenix
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:36 am 

well afterall, i agree there's nothing perfect, we're all human beings and mistakes happen

it's just i sometimes feel you guys are a little bit too harsh, i know the rules are rules, and i respect that, it's for the greater good of all, no one wants a band with no achievements or fake history

and no i currently don't know any bands that shouldn't be here, though i know some bands who got accepted here before meeting the regulations, but whatever, I'm not gonna argue by any means on that, lol

cheers !!

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:44 am 

There isn't really anything to argue about here anyway. As stated and acknowledged by you, mistakes can happen, misunderstandings can occur. Many hundreds of bands are reviewed each month. It's unfortunate that some bands get through at a point in time when they shouldn't, but if they are now acceptable anyway, there is no point in deleting them or lingering on the matter.

dantes, please don't act as though you speak for the staff, intentionally or not. With all due respect, you have no idea what is "enough" and what isn't under which circumstances. Don't give anyone any wrong ideas.

ArchPhoenix
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:52 am 

i agree, and of course I'm not lingering on the matter

pluks
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:32 pm 

Hello,

I just received a notification which stated that my submission of the band Dry River was rejected due to the following reason:
Not a metal band.

Obviously, this is a mistake. Maybe there was a confussion with the name of the band, as there is a Brit-pop band named Dry The River, but this one is a Prog Metal/Rock Spanish band, and I want to prove here in this thread that Dry River belongs to metal. You can check some of Dry River songs on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SB_l9pb6xyI
'La mujer del espejo' (just listen to the first riff and then you'll notice this is metal)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3_RS_I5tX8
'Intro + Pequeño animal' (another example).

Please, take these proofs in consideration. I understand mistakes can be done and I appreciate your time & effort.

theunrelentingattack
Not yet ready for a custom title

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:21 pm 

pluks wrote:
Hello,

I just received a notification which stated that my submission of the band Dry River was rejected due to the following reason:
Not a metal band.

Obviously, this is a mistake. Maybe there was a confussion with the name of the band, as there is a Brit-pop band named Dry The River, but this one is a Prog Metal/Rock Spanish band, and I want to prove here in this thread that Dry River belongs to metal. You can check some of Dry River songs on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SB_l9pb6xyI
'La mujer del espejo' (just listen to the first riff and then you'll notice this is metal)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3_RS_I5tX8
'Intro + Pequeño animal' (another example).

Please, take these proofs in consideration. I understand mistakes can be done and I appreciate your time & effort.

Not a mistake. The band has to be predominately metal - not riffs here and there.
This one, not metal at all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZgx9ZZ7Tk8

This one has a Van Halen meets Yes riff up front - also not Metal

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osHOqp2ye1w

Neither is this ballad - all from the same album.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lRAqEV6WYA

BC_Blade
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:23 pm 

Lauderdale

This band is blacklisted. Reasoning? Is it because the genre is too various? Does it not fall under the side project rule either (side project of Topon Das of Fuck the Facts)
http://lauderdale.bandcamp.com/

Cursarion
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:56 am 

The note, which seems rather old, says "non-metal sludge". There hasn't apparently been any new material in five years though.

Might be it wouldn't qualify as a side project because of lack of significance. How relevant is the band, etc.?

XldemonbloodlX
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:44 am 

I'm curious why the band Arctic Sleep is blacklisted. They have heavy influences in doom, drone, progressive and post-metal. I'd say they are their driving influences along with ambient.

Piger
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:30 am 

My submission for the band Malthusian (Members of Wreck of the Hesperus, Mourning Beloveth, On Pain of Death and Altar of Plagues) was rejected for the following reason:

Provide proof that the band plays metal (a link to song samples) and has a valid release (either evidence for a physical release, such as photos, or for a valid digital release).

Here is link of label (Invictus Production) which has released their demo:
http://www.invictusproductions.net/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=30&products_id=3122

...and here is link (Invisible Oranges) with some review and soundcloud stream of new release, so you can hear, that they are REALLY playing metal:
http://www.invisibleoranges.com/2013/11/premiere-malthusian-mmxiii/

So I hope you will reconsider my submission...

Piger

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:59 am 

I got a promo for that release, it's obviously metal but it's not out yet.

"MALTHUSIAN sets November 22nd as the release date for their MMXIII debut, to see release via INVICTUS PRODUCTIONS"

Just wait till its release date.

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

xThe__Wizard
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:58 am 

So I would like to know if my band Controlled by Fear would be added to the archive. I think our drummer tried to add us and failed. Our EP (in my sig) is a mix of grindcore, crust, thrash and death metal. Not the best quality and the EP is noisy but I think it would fit on the site.

Just wanted to get some insight before I even tried submitting. Thanks! :thumbsup:

Cursarion
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:03 am 

Well, when your drummer tried, this was the rejection message:
Quote:
Noisegrind. Not a metal band; does not belong on Encyclopaedia Metallum. Please read (or re-read) our rules next time to see what qualifies as metal.

RazorDick
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:44 pm 

Nobody ever really answered me about Vorvadoss.
I hear black metal and doom riffs. Could a moderator check it out? I scanned my cd made a zip folder with the songs, just uploaded it.
http://www.mediafire.com/?ubhjfbvlf12ax43

Norfrisianblackmetal
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:08 am 

So Hideous (aka So Hideous, My Love) is blacklisted for being non metal shoegaze? Who decided that? I'm not a fan, but it is definitely metal. It's that hipster kind of 'black' with classical influences.

Listen to this and tell me again this is not fit for MA.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5eEEGSn5_U

iamntbatman
Chaos Breed

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:32 pm 

XldemonbloodlX wrote:
I'm curious why the band Arctic Sleep is blacklisted. They have heavy influences in doom, drone, progressive and post-metal. I'd say they are their driving influences along with ambient.

Arctic Sleep are a cool band, but they remind me of a heavier version of Hum more than anything. Absolutely not predominately metal.

TheLoneForest
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:33 pm 

What about Monde Céleste?

http://mondeceleste.bandcamp.com/

warnarchy
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:58 pm 

I don't understand why Rompeprop is blacklisted. Can someone explain?

VxPxOxAxAxWxAxMxC got through and Rompeprop didn't.. how come?

I mean, the riffs here.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4G8lPg7pGH8

And what's the problem on vocal fx? I can't picture Rompeprop without it.

Also, other examples: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcvmxmNkz2E

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRUlFX9Wc5I

P.S.: I used the search function and didn't find a reason good enough to exclude them while other bands with even more 'groovy rhythms' are in the encyclopedia..

Alhadis
Madder Max

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:27 am 

warnarchy wrote:
I don't understand why Rompeprop is blacklisted. Can someone explain?
I mean, the riffs here.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4G8lPg7pGH8

Yeah, and if every one of Rompeprop's tracks sounded like that, they would have been accepted to. ;) Remember, mate... bands need to have at least one consistently metal release in order to qualify for acceptance. What you linked to was one of a handful of metallic tracks scattered throughout Rompeprop's discography, the remainder of which is mostly, well, punk-based goregrind for lack of a better description.

warnarchy wrote:
And what's the problem on vocal fx? I can't picture Rompeprop without it.

o0; Are you implying we define metalness based on vocals? :lol: C'mon mate. Vocals don't define a metal style. ;)

warnarchy wrote:
P.S.: I used the search function and didn't find a reason good enough to exclude them while other bands with even more 'groovy rhythms' are in the encyclopedia..

Erh, no offence buddy, but I'd say you didn't search for very long... :S I'd vouch that a good 30% of moderator replies in this thread are all repeating my first explanation: that bands need one wholly, unambiguously metal release to qualify for acceptance. Every time somebody points a finger at a goregrind, deathcore, hard rock, mallcore or metalcore band to compare them with one that's been blacklisted, they're neglecting the fact that those bands were accepted on metallic material (usually from an earlier point in their discography. E.g., these guys).

Norfrisianblackmetal wrote:
So Hideous (aka So Hideous, My Love) is blacklisted for being non metal shoegaze? Who decided that? I'm not a fan, but it is definitely metal. It's that hipster kind of 'black' with classical influences. Listen to this and tell me again this is not fit for MA.

Actually that track DOES sound acceptable, but the blacklist note says that they're shoegaze. Can't say who evaluated them, but I'm assuming the other tracks of the band's release were a lot more -gazeish than the one you've linked to. Are they any different?

RazorDick wrote:
Nobody ever really answered me about Vorvadoss.
I hear black metal and doom riffs. Could a moderator check it out? I scanned my cd made a zip folder with the songs, just uploaded it.
http://www.mediafire.com/?ubhjfbvlf12ax43

Blacklisted by Derigin last December for being "experimental hardcore with black metal vocals". Downloaded the samples, will check it out, mate. :)

yourhell
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:54 am 

I recently attempted to submit an artist and was immediately told after clicking "okay" that the artist had been blacklisted, when I know I have never attempted to submit them before. Can someone help me with this/explain the problem to me? Thanks.

Alhadis
Madder Max

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:58 am 

Mind telling us what artist, mate? :)

PDS
The Folk One

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 6:48 am 

Alhadis wrote:
Norfrisianblackmetal wrote:
So Hideous (aka So Hideous, My Love) is blacklisted for being non metal shoegaze? Who decided that? I'm not a fan, but it is definitely metal. It's that hipster kind of 'black' with classical influences. Listen to this and tell me again this is not fit for MA.

Actually that track DOES sound acceptable, but the blacklist note says that they're shoegaze. Can't say who evaluated them, but I'm assuming the other tracks of the band's release were a lot more -gazeish than the one you've linked to. Are they any different?

Just passing by and just happening to listening to this album. The full album can be heard here: http://sohideous.bandcamp.com/
I dunno, I'm a guitarist and it always feels like playing a giant cock. Not just that but live music should hit you in the genitals. It might not if you don't use good amplifiers and your modelling shit goes straight out of the PA. But good music hits you HARD in the GENITALS.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:37 am 

Alhadis wrote:
Mind telling us what artist, mate? :)

Traitor. It's blackened hardcore. At least they were when they were evaluated in 2012.

Concerning Vorvadoss, I must say Derigin's note has a point. It's sludge/hardcore, difficult to judge. I could go either way.

WarriorFenix
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 6:43 pm 

I went to add a band i encountered today called "Oceans Of Slumber" because they werent on the archives when i went to see if their was any reviews of their debut album that came out earlier this year. Only to find after i put in the name it was blacklisted and wouldnt be added. Any particular reason why?

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:51 pm 

WarriorFenix wrote:
I went to add a band i encountered today called "Oceans Of Slumber" because they werent on the archives when i went to see if their was any reviews of their debut album that came out earlier this year. Only to find after i put in the name it was blacklisted and wouldnt be added. Any particular reason why?

The blacklist note says they're prog rock. A very brief sampling seems to confirm this - prog rock mixed with some hardcore/metal tendencies. This one has a breakdown in it but it's not metal. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulYYeFnMiUk

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1 ... 241, 242, 243, 244, 245, 246, 247 ... 541  Next