Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:17 pm 

Yeah dude, playing metal is what makes a band metal. And sorry but Bizarra aren't "industrial metal" by any means. In fact they're much closer to pure industrial than anything else. Sure they have some metallic moments here and there but they're all very scarce.

Not a mod though, just another guy who also knows the band.

Dark_Forever
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:52 pm 

I don't know about you, but most bands I see labeled as "industrial" (and not "industrial metal" or "industrial rock") sound like Nine Inch Nails or this:

Even if they put gutural in there, it wouldn't sound remotely close to Bizarra. Besides, Metal Archives already included an Industrial portuguese band which is similar to BL:

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:06 pm 

I've yet to listen to Bizarra Locomotiva, but if they sound like that Waste Disposal Machine song... no way. In fact, if the rest of WDM sounds like that they'll be deleted soon.

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:51 pm 

Well, Azmodes just proved my point. And there is far more industrial music than just that which you pointed out. Try hearing early Swans for instance, their first two albums will show you an entirely different side of the genre. ;)

RazorDick
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:15 pm 

About, Active Stenosis, yes the ep in Bandcamp was released physically on cassette.
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... ref=stream
But they do have other physical releases.
http://www.discogs.com/artist/Active+Stenosis

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:38 pm 

Alright, so following some further checking of their discography, Waste Disposal Machine will be deleted soon (thanks for mentioning them, I guess...). Electro/industrial with a few metal leanings on the EP(s?).

The Bizarra Locomotiva album I checked ("Álbum Negro") is indeed industrial and not predominantly metal. The same can be said for the song you posted, Dark_Forever. Unless their other releases are significantly different, they won't get in.

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:57 pm 

They aren't, if my word is of any value. :lol:

curseofdisobedience
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:06 am 

My band is Curse Of Disobedience I submitted it and it was denied because of no releas.
Here is my cd release and label.

http://www.depressiveillusions.com/item ... double-cdr

Thanks Paul Hill guitarist

That is the Curse Of Disobedience Reborn and Selftitled.

There also a dvd on www.satanica.org that is under compilations that has the whole C.O.D. discorgphy.
It is Titled Pandora's box. Thanks,Paul Hill

i also play with Black Mountain Thunder and Arise Within

chiurlioniz
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:30 pm 

Devlsy band has been blacklisted by the moderation and can no longer be submitted.
I think this is an error

Album photo:
https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 9183_n.jpg

theunrelentingattack
Not yet ready for a custom title

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:42 pm 

chiurlioniz wrote:
Devlsy band has been blacklisted by the moderation and can no longer be submitted.
I think this is an error

Album photo:
https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 9183_n.jpg

I blacklisted it because it was submitted multiple times without any proof. So now we see a CD. Where can we buy it? Send a link where a user can get it. Need to see that it's out and able to be purchased before it's considered a valid release.

Thanks

Fearofnapalm
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:41 pm 

Agoraphobic Nosebleed? Im just curious why this band is black listed. Because pig Destroyer and some of Scot Hulls other bands are on here. Probably because they have too many splits to list? lol

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:47 pm 

Punk-based grind as opposed to the metallic kind. Next time, please use the search function for well-known bands first.

Fearofnapalm
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:55 pm 

Ok so "this band" called Agoraphobic nosebleed who used to have songs ranging from 5-30 seconds with 100+ bpm is not grindcore. Im sorry but this band is one of the true straight grind core bands. Sure their discogrophy has some experimentation here and there but they are essentially grind in the truest form. Their latest album "Agorapocalypse" was clearly massively digitally enhanced and had heavy Hardcore influence but this makes them "non-metal"?? Three singers ranging from hardcore to screamo to growles. only thing 100% digital is the drums and they sound very "human" on their latest album. So do you guys just not like this band? Because there is no fucking reason for it not to be posted on this site. When i see garbage metal-core left and right and even screamo? This is Blasphemy.

RazorDick
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:03 pm 

I disagree with the rejection of Bowel Leakage, could another moderator give me a second opinion?
Also is it okay to resubmit Active Stenosis?

https://archive.org/details/TFR844-Pyem ... otUntitled https://m.facebook.com/pages/Bowel-Leak ... 4641988572? id=514404641988572&_rdr

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:34 am 

Fearofnapalm wrote:
Ok so "this band" called Agoraphobic nosebleed who used to have songs ranging from 5-30 seconds with 100+ bpm is not grindcore. Im sorry but this band is one of the true straight grind core bands. Sure their discogrophy has some experimentation here and there but they are essentially grind in the truest form. Their latest album "Agorapocalypse" was clearly massively digitally enhanced and had heavy Hardcore influence but this makes them "non-metal"?? Three singers ranging from hardcore to screamo to growles. only thing 100% digital is the drums and they sound very "human" on their latest album. So do you guys just not like this band? Because there is no fucking reason for it not to be posted on this site. When i see garbage metal-core left and right and even screamo? This is Blasphemy.

Yeah, you've pretty much just perfectly explained why they're purely punk based grind and not metal based (like Pig Destroyer, a band we DO list). If we accepted bands based on personal taste, you bet your ass this archive would be a lot smaller. No need to throw a fit because a band you like isn't listed here, it's not the end of the world.
the reason your grandmother has all those plastic sheets on her furniture is because she is probably a squirter

MutantClannfear
Blank Czech

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:29 am 

Have the mods come to a consensus on Gruntruck yet? (Azmodes, I kinda saw you had listened to them... :oh shit:)

Rens theNAME
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:34 am 

why is theName blacklisted?
thx in advance

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:57 am 

Fearofnapalm wrote:
This is Blasphemy.

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:49 pm 

Fearofnapalm wrote:
Ok so "this band" called Agoraphobic nosebleed who used to have songs ranging from 5-30 seconds with 100+ bpm is not grindcore. Im sorry but this band is one of the true straight grind core bands.

Yes, and grindcore is a punk/metal hybrid genre and bands falling under it are thus not always focused on metal. Fairly recently I listened to "Agorapocalypse" to see what all the fuss is about since they get brought up in here regularly. It is very obviously punk-based and lacking in the metal riff department.

Fearofnapalm wrote:
So do you guys just not like this band?

Aw darn, you got us. On the other hand, the 94,000+ listed bands we all love very much.

MutantClannfear wrote:
Have the mods come to a consensus on Gruntruck yet? (Azmodes, I kinda saw you had listened to them... :oh shit:)

Yeeeaaah about that... I'm not really convinced. I'll just quote a post from the HQ here:
Azmodes wrote:
Alright, so I'm through both albums and I dunno... heavy and chunky and all, but somehow I'm missing consistently metal riffs... I can't quite put my finger on it, maybe something in the sound is twisting my judgement. I get a rock vibe from this.

theunrelentingattack thinks they are acceptable, other mods haven't commented.

Rens theNAME wrote:
thx in advance

It doesn't say. Presumably because it wasn't considered metal, but seems it was blacklisted a while ago. Feel free to post evidence to the contrary.

Shadowseer98
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:13 pm 

Soil. Why was this band put on the blacklist? [youtube] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLXLNKC98UY[/youtube] Does it not qualify as metal?

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:15 pm 

Nope, it doesn't. It's nu-metal.

Shadowseer98
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:23 pm 

oh ok

Saira
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:39 am 

Band Crown of Twilight is blacklisted, probably because their first release was not "metal enough" (too many ambient tracks). Is the second one (link below) more appropriate than the first one?

http://crownoftwilight.bandcamp.com/alb ... ess-wisdom

Rens theNAME
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:57 am 

Azmodes wrote:

Rens theNAME wrote:
thx in advance

It doesn't say. Presumably because it wasn't considered metal, but seems it was blacklisted a while ago. Feel free to post evidence to the contrary.

http://www.reverbnation.com/thenamemusi ... ht-preview

theunrelentingattack

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:06 pm 

Saira wrote:
Band Crown of Twilight is blacklisted, probably because their first release was not "metal enough" (too many ambient tracks). Is the second one (link below) more appropriate than the first one?

It's only 14 minutes so that usually wouldn't qualify as a valid release (as it seems to be only digital) but I'm talking it over with some other mods and we'll let you know.

theunrelentingattack

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:11 pm 

Rens theNAME wrote:

I listened to all of the previews up and I still think it's more rock than metal really.

HDS
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:51 pm 

This is regarding Throne of Mortality (USA). We released a demo tape in 2005.

Ok this is the second time that my submission has been rejected. The first time it was rejected because I had no picture proof of it. So I added a picture this time, and even left a comment that I could add more photos if needed. This time they said:

Music samples? - how am i supposed to get music samples from a cassette tape? This is NOT possible for me, or anyone who was in the band.
Demo tracklist is correct? - I have no idea what this means, I added the tracklisting correctly...
Photos You can put on : http://imageshack.us/ or something else for photos. - Okay you guys want more pictures, why do you have to reject it right away before even giving me a chance to upload more on imageshack?

Can someone objective actually tell me why you guys are so quick to shut down submissions? What am I supposed to do to get this approved now?

theunrelentingattack

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:46 pm 

Saira wrote:

I've taken them off the blacklist - you can submit them.

Thanks

theunrelentingattack

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:57 pm 

HDS wrote:

Ok this is the second time that my submission has been rejected. The first time it was rejected because I had no picture proof of it. So I added a picture this time, and even left a comment that I could add more photos if needed. This time they said:

Music samples? - how am i supposed to get music samples from a cassette tape? This is NOT possible for me, or anyone who was in the band.
Demo tracklist is correct? - I have no idea what this means, I added the tracklisting correctly...
Photos You can put on : http://imageshack.us/ or something else for photos. - Okay you guys want more pictures, why do you have to reject it right away before even giving me a chance to upload more on imageshack?

Can someone objective actually tell me why you guys are so quick to shut down submissions? What am I supposed to do to get this approved now?

I'm objective.

It's really quite simple - read the rules and follow them. If we can't listen to the music then it's really really tough to accept a submission. We get hundreds of submissions and a ton of them are BS so whether you are a member of the band or not we can't simply trust your word that you're metal. That's nothing against you personally but we get a lot of submissions from bands that aren't metal.

You really don't understand how time consuming it is to get through them - so include all the proof when you submit it. Don't ask if we want more pictures - include all the pictures or at least enough so that you're sure it's proof. We'll do some research on our own for sure but if you only released one demo in 2005, there's isn't really any research that can be done. So we have no choice but to reject it.

How do you get it accepted now? Get us the proper proof that we're looking for. Otherwise, it's likely not going to be.

Edit: I don't believe I saw the submission but is this the band you're talking about?

http://www.last.fm/music/Throne+Of+Mortality
http://www.discogs.com/Throne-Of-Mortal ... se/2611295

If so, why did you not put these in the submission as here's your music samples right there?

HDS
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:08 pm 

theunrelentingattack wrote:
HDS wrote:

I'm objective.

It's really quite simple - read the rules and follow them. If we can't listen to the music then it's really really tough to accept a submission. We get hundreds of submissions and a ton of them are BS so whether you are a member of the band or not we can't simply trust your word that you're metal. That's nothing against you personally but we get a lot of submissions from bands that aren't metal.

You really don't understand how time consuming it is to get through them - so include all the proof when you submit it. Don't ask if we want more pictures - include all the pictures or at least enough so that you're sure it's proof. We'll do some research on our own for sure but if you only released one demo in 2005, there's isn't really any research that can be done. So we have no choice but to reject it.

How do you get it accepted now? Get us the proper proof that we're looking for. Otherwise, it's likely not going to be.

Hey thanks for getting back to me. Like I said, because that's a demo tape, it was recorded on a ghetto blaster in the jam space, and I have absolutely no way to digitalize this. I don't even own a tape player anymore. BUT I am able to provide mp3s that were recorded AFTER that demo. After the first vocalist left, I (the guitarist), took over vocals and have some mp3s of that. I've added a link where you can listen to those demos as proof that it really is black metal. But I added the link as a modification because I had already re-submitted the band with full pictures links.

Here is the link where you can listen yourself http://www.last.fm/music/Throne+Of+Mort ... tion+Demos.
Maybe you can judge and approve the submission yourself?

Fearofnapalm
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:23 pm 

Agoraphobic is not my favorite band. I just see no reason for them not being metal enough. It sucks when you cant find a good "extreme" band on this site because it is very insightfull.. Whatever all i can say is

Fuck burning a church
Lets burn down schools and wildlife preserves
"AnB- Druggernaut Jug Fuck"

theunrelentingattack

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:04 pm 

Fearofnapalm wrote:
Agoraphobic is not my favorite band. I just see no reason for them not being metal enough. It sucks when you cant find a good "extreme" band on this site because it is very insightfull.. Whatever all i can say is

Fuck burning a church
Lets burn down schools and wildlife preserves
"AnB- Druggernaut Jug Fuck"

94,000 other bands on this site. Search for extreme in the genre field and start listening.

Fearofnapalm
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:23 am 

You misread. What i meant was: I hate it when i cant find "any" band that i am interested on THIS site because it has an awesome format (discog, band memebers and most importantly reviews). It is hard to get all that information from one source.

theunrelentingattack

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:42 am 

Fearofnapalm wrote:
You misread. What i meant was: I hate it when i cant find "any" band that i am interested on THIS site because it has an awesome format (discog, band memebers and most importantly reviews). It is hard to get all that information from one source.

No, i didn't misread at all. There are 94,000 bands on this site. If you can't find any bands you like here, then you're probably on the wrong site.

doomster999
Keeper of the Dreary Realm

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:46 am 

Regarding older bands since Gruntruck has been brought up I'd like to mention that Life of Agony's first album River Runs Red is filled with slow and heavy Type O like doom riffs and bludgeoning thrash riffs through and through. Azmodes, please give it a listen and discuss with other mods if they're up for reconsideration.

Infact I use to have a relly hot friend from there but unfurtunetly the last party we have I was really wasted and grab her ass and it cause a huge problem. Her dad (that is a marine) wants to ripp my nuts... thinks are not the same...

Last.fm

dantes
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:21 pm 

I would support the addition of Life of Agony too. There isn't that much Hardcore in this record at all, + the band has real connections with the Metal scene (+ it´s a killer).

Fearofnapalm
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:02 pm 

Idk how you read that wrong again. I re-worded it and everything. Whatever i cant convey my mind to certian people. I like hundreds of bands on this site.

PDS
The Folk One

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:40 am 

Can Tremor (Russia) be un-blacklisted? I don't know about why it was, just be because of a grind band or something, but it prohibits me from submitting a Symphonic Black Metal Band also called Tremor, who just released their latest album via Grailight productions: http://vk.com/tremor_tula
I dunno, I'm a guitarist and it always feels like playing a giant cock. Not just that but live music should hit you in the genitals. It might not if you don't use good amplifiers and your modelling shit goes straight out of the PA. But good music hits you HARD in the GENITALS.

Fulgurius
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:46 am 

Pagan_Death_Sceam wrote:
Can Tremor (Russia) be un-blacklisted? I don't know about why it was, just be because of a grind band or something, but it prohibits me from submitting a Symphonic Black Metal Band also called Tremor, who just released their latest album via Grailight productions: http://vk.com/tremor_tula

Unblacklisted.

RobVR
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:29 am 

RobVR wrote:
Rob's Valid Release wrote:
Hey Buddy I think you didn't listen to our music... I don know where is the Noise and the non metal riffs...

Some songs sound acceptable, others are borderline. Without a full release to listen to and evaluate, I'm not comfortable unblacklisting the band until we can be sure you've a 100% obviously metallic release in your discography. Bands like Spasm, Fecalizer and Paracoccy are here because at least one of their albums are fully metal. So the whole "but you accepted X, why not Y?!" argument will never work.

Also, we don't judge on live performances. We judge bands by their recorded material...
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Hello amigos..

Any chance to review our EP (fecal addiction)?

Dear friends this is our recorded material please listen to it and provide your comments.. I think its ¨metal-grindcore¨ and and like I've said before Spasm, Guttalax, Fecalizer and many more approved band Style.. We are a mix of heavy/fast riffs and drums, extreme vocals and powerful bass and tons of energy and professionalism!!!!

Enjoy and let me know if anyone need a copy and will send

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKMsqmGu ... e=youtu.be

Dear friends this is our recorded material please listen to it and provide your comments.. I think its ¨metal-grindcore¨ and and like I've said before Spasm, Guttalax, Fecalizer and many more approved band Style.. We are a mix of heavy/fast riffs and drums, extreme vocals and powerful bass and tons of energy and professionalism!!!! You can check the last post at facebook too

Enjoy and let me know if anyone need a copy and will send

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKMsqmGu ... e=youtu.be

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1 ... 245, 246, 247, 248, 249, 250, 251 ... 541  Next