Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:55 am 

Well, fuck. That Hanzel und Gretyl album actually seems like metal. I'll check with some of my peers (or higher-ups) and let you know.

ujiteruhojo wrote:
悪魔大群 should now be removed from blacklist now there is a digital and CD release longer than 20 minutes.
https://akumataigun.bandcamp.com/album/--2

Whitelisted.

MXDeathroll
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:40 am 

Azmodes wrote:
At least ten different submissions for Gruesome have been rejected since February alone, so I decided to blacklist them until the release to prevent premature submissions by people oblivious to the rules. It seems we often have to do this with high-profile bands. They will be taken off the blacklist once they have a release that is... released.

So, it must be whitlisted at april 17, when be 1st digital/lp/cd/casette album release.

https://www.facebook.com/gruesomedeathmetal

Last edited by MXDeathroll on Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:43 am 

Yes, I know.

MutantClannfear
Blank Czech

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:16 pm 

MutantClannfear wrote:
Amber Gray wrote:
As long as I'm still here, what about the band Venowl? They have a split with Cara Neir (http://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Ca ... owl/451592) that came out late last year. Don't know if anyone's tried to add them already, but I don't see why they'd be blacklisted. Blackened drone doom metal.

The song that Amber Gray linked is definitely drone/doom on the metal side of the equation (skip to 3:00), as is the new split he mentioned: http://venowl.bandcamp.com/track/scour-parts-i-and-ii

One more shot.

An Empty Body
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:53 pm 

Can someone tell me why Nahvalr is blacklisted? If Gnaw Their Tongues can be on here, so can Nahvalr.

theunrelentingattack
Not yet ready for a custom title

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:05 am 

^no reason is listed. We also don't compare bands. If you feel they qualify, post links to samples and a valid release and we can re-evaluate.

Alhadis
Madder Max

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:54 am 

An Empty Body wrote:
Can someone tell me why Nahvalr is blacklisted? If Gnaw Their Tongues can be on here, so can Nahvalr.

I'm not familiar with Nahvalr, but I can tell from the comparison that you're most likely comparing them with Gnaw Their Tongues' power electronics material. GTT were accepted on their metallic releases (particularly their earlier works), whereas a good majority of their more recent stuff is full on blackened noise. When most people liken artists to GTT, they usually do so with the latter material in mind.

This is just one reason why we don't judge a band's metalness based on comparisons with accepted acts. ;)

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:28 am 

Hanzel und Gretyl can now be submitted.

Muhammadabbadabba
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:05 pm 

Azmodes wrote:
Hanzel und Gretyl can now be submitted.
Done

magnus_alejo
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:37 pm 

Hi

Could you please whitelist the band Gruesome from the Usa. The debut album has now been released.
Thanks in advance.

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:42 pm 

magnus_alejo wrote:
Hi

Could you please whitelist the band Gruesome from the Usa. The debut album has now been released.
Thanks in advance.

Go for it.
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

magnus_alejo
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:53 pm 

Diamhea wrote:
magnus_alejo wrote:
Hi

Thanks in advance.

Go for it.

Done.

VI
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:05 am 

I recently uploaded details for a dark ambient project Ethereal Mist, the submission was rejected due to the band not being a "metal band".

I'm curious as why when I type in "Dark Ambient" in the search under "genre" it shows 224 results, several being purely dark ambient, with no other genre additions.

Ethereal Mist is a dark ambient side project of Azathoth, from a "metal band" Entsetzlich, which is also on the archives.
I'm wondering if given this new info, that "Ethereal Mist" can be re-reviewed for submission?

Otherwise going by the rules, you will need to remove all "dark ambient" bands from this website, as they aren't deemed as being a "metal band", this would include acts such as Moëvöt, Veil of Darkness, Aäkon Këëtrëh etc, etc. I also highlight of those dark ambient projects mentioned, they are all side projects of other "metal bands" (from LLN and Striborg).

Thanks for consideration.

Derigin
The Mountain Man

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:34 am 

The vast majority (like 99%) of bands that come up in that search for "Dark Ambient" are bands that have at least one metal album, though they may also play "dark ambient" music, too (hence the genre reflects that (ex. "Black Metal/Dark Ambient")). The important bit is that such bands have released at least one predominantly metal album. With the few exceptions I'm going to outline below, we do not accept bands unless they have released a metal album. There are a few exceptions, but they are very rare and hardly ever added anymore. We have accepted some non-metal side-projects of notable metal musicians on the condition that the side-project has listenership/an audience among metalheads that may imply the project's own universal notability among metalheads. For example, a non-metal side-project of Rob Halford or Ronnie James Dio - both widely notable metal musicians - would for most metalheads be an intrinsic part of the metal scene. Likewise, we have also accepted some non-metal projects because they have historical relevance as belonging to and leaving an impact on the metal scene. LLN is one of these rare exceptions because of its historical impact on metal. Although this is debatable because in many ways it's arbitrary and at the discretion of the staff, almost every project or band that we feel should be made exceptions have long ago been added. The vast majority of which, including the LLN projects, were added over 10 years ago. The idea there, at least, is that the historical relevance of those projects to the scene was already well-apparent when Metal Archives began its existence in 2002.

So going back to your band. I admit I haven't looked into it - I wasn't the one who rejected it - but your band wont be accepted as an exception.

R.I.P. Diamhea 1987-2018
Live young, die free. Gone, but not forgotten.

~Guest 62838
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:53 pm 

Could the English crust band Doom be re-considered based on their latest album? It is chock-full of heavy, thrash, and death metal elements. I hear a lot of Toxic Holocaust and old Terrorizer in this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpykiquTgbY

oogboog
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:35 pm 

Reason for Ovenizer's (Finland) blacklisting?
https://www.facebook.com/ovenizer

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:51 pm 

"Noodly/grungy alt rock."
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

MegaMcTaco
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 1:39 am 

I have tried to submit my Heavy Metal band Espionage twice now, and now that we finally have what you call "valid proof", it says it is blacklisted...

Here's the proof of physical copy of the EP: http://imageshack.com/a/img661/8307/cdPGTc.jpg

Here's the proof that the music is indeed metal: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9WEIPHMHZE

Derigin
The Mountain Man

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:04 am 

Do you have a picture of the actual CD inside the case and/or a picture showing multiple copies? Not that we doubt you, but it's best to be on the safe side.

R.I.P. Diamhea 1987-2018
Live young, die free. Gone, but not forgotten.

theunrelentingattack

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:33 am 

Your BigCartel page says it's a pre-order. We don't take bands until a release is fully out.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:30 am 

Viral wrote:
Could the English crust band Doom be re-considered based on their latest album? It is chock-full of heavy, thrash, and death metal elements. I hear a lot of Toxic Holocaust and old Terrorizer in this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpykiquTgbY

Not sure if we're listening to the same album. This is still very much crust punk, struggling to hear any overt metal elements at all.

Spiner202
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:37 am 

I know these guys would have been considered before, but I'm just wondering if Europe's first two albums aren't considered metal enough. They're definitely borderline, but they have some crazy stuff:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=278jEvubEho

I would have tried searching, but that definitely wouldn't work with their name :lol:

man_of_shadows814
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:15 am 

Hi everyone. I submitted the Belgian Doom band Angakok. It was rejected for non-valid digital release. I have posted a bandcamp link with a digital demo. But I clearly said in my submission that the demo used to be available in CD and provided a link to verify this:

https://www.facebook.com/angakokdoom/ph ... 4762563694

The description of this pic says: "3track demo cd available. MP or e-mail us". Maybe I failed or forgot to add this link. Can anyone light my way ?

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:34 am 

Spiner202 wrote:
I'm just wondering if Europe's first two albums aren't considered metal enough.

Basically that, yeah. Not quite there. The search function should still have ample mention of the band, as opposed to the continent, if you confine it to this subforum.

man_of_shadows814 wrote:
Hi everyone. I submitted the Belgian Doom band Angakok. It was rejected for non-valid digital release. I have posted a bandcamp link with a digital demo. But I clearly said in my submission that the demo used to be available in CD and provided a link to verify this:

The description of this pic says: "3track demo cd available. MP or e-mail us". Maybe I failed or forgot to add this link. Can anyone light my way ?

Restored. Yeah, you only included a link to the photo album, not the specific image. Quite a lot of pictures in there. It helps immensely to directly link to the necessary evidence.

droneriot
cisgender

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:42 pm 

I've heard the first two Europe albums when they were first brought up, and I'd almost lose sleep over them if I were moderator, because they are so close.

https://conservativetentacles.bandcamp.com/

theunrelentingattack

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:16 pm 

man_of_shadows814 wrote:

My bad - went back into the photos and didn't see that one with the CDs since in the album it looked just like all the others with the cover. Looks like Az accepted it now, so we're all good.

theunrelentingattack

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:17 pm 

droneriot wrote:
I've heard the first two Europe albums when they were first brought up, and I'd almost lose sleep over them if I were moderator, because they are so close.

I'm not losing sleep but one day I'll get enough moderators on my side to allow them. :)

Spiner202
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:19 pm 

theunrelentingattack wrote:
droneriot wrote:

I'm not losing sleep but one day I'll get enough moderators on my side to allow them. :)

I was genuinely surprised when I heard them. I always knew they were more metal than The Final Countdown, but I didn't realize they'd have harmonized guitars and double bass all over the place. Metal or not by MA's standards, they're going to be getting a ton of listens from me.

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:26 pm 

Think of it this way: we had to draw the line somewhere, and Europe is pretty big, so we drew the line right through Europe.

theunrelentingattack

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:14 pm 

Haha. Spiner202 - the first two are pretty great but the debut is simply a beast. Shocks the hell out of people who only know the hits.

MDL
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:19 am 

I've been listening to Kells' "Anachromie" and it sounds like real metal, at least, in my opinion. What do you think mods?

PDS
The Folk One

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:42 am 

Eh, that still sounds like Gothy Nu-metal.
I dunno, I'm a guitarist and it always feels like playing a giant cock. Not just that but live music should hit you in the genitals. It might not if you don't use good amplifiers and your modelling shit goes straight out of the PA. But good music hits you HARD in the GENITALS.

MutantClannfear
Blank Czech

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:42 pm 

Can US grindcore band Full of Hell be removed from the blacklist? This album has a fuckload of black/death metal influences - seems like it should make the cut.

EDIT: In the interests of full disclosure, tracks 5 and 10 are purely noise, but that's it.

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:51 pm 

Uncle Tony is listening to it, I've been meaning to anyway.

Edit: not convinced, it's a kitchen sink mix of powerviolence/grindcore/hardcore with like you said 7 minutes of pure noise on a 25 minutes album, it's borderline but I'm leaning no for now. Some more mod opinions would, of course, be appreciated. Pretty cool stuff though!

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:31 pm 

Sounds like a grinding take on Jane Doe-era Converge mixed with noise and some metal tendencies. Not predominantly metal.

metaller92
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:11 pm 

Thanatos band - http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Thanatos/3540394093

I pointed out the link for download, it's link on google drive, if it's not correctly - where I can read about correct services for upload release?

droneriot
cisgender

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:15 am 

Spiner202 wrote:
I was genuinely surprised when I heard them. I always knew they were more metal than The Final Countdown, but I didn't realize they'd have harmonized guitars and double bass all over the place. Metal or not by MA's standards, they're going to be getting a ton of listens from me.

"All the right ingredients, just not enough of them" is what I'd call it.

https://conservativetentacles.bandcamp.com/

Antioch
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:49 pm 

Why's Sautrus blacklisted?
https://sautrus.bandcamp.com/album/reed-chapter-one

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:52 pm 

Stoner rock

Last.fm

Antioch
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:04 pm 

Is a re-evaluation of their sophomore release out of the question? ^link^ One can easily sit through it. It's not bad at all.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1 ... 319, 320, 321, 322, 323, 324, 325 ... 541  Next