Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Funeral Frog
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:57 pm 

I'll admit it's not 100% metal, but "Dreamers" from Toronto is borderline. Perhaps it should re-evaluated (I don't know much about them, but apparently they just released this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4BQTn8i02Y )

Those are metal riffs...

Wintermute (black metal, death metal, dark ambient)
https://wintermuteband.bandcamp.com/album/wolven

Wistfulness
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:27 pm 

I regularly try to add a group "Morrokk", but now "Morrokk" on the black list, but I am sure that it complies with the "Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives" if you compare "Morrokk" and "Brenoritvrezorkre".
All releases except split Morokk & 1389 are online. Physical tape releases is not more than 5 copies only for friends.

theunrelentingattack
Not yet ready for a custom title

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:07 am 

Wistfulness wrote:
I regularly try to add a group "Morrokk", but now "Morrokk" on the black list, but I am sure that it complies with the "Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives" if you compare "Morrokk" and "Brenoritvrezorkre".
All releases except split Morokk & 1389 are online. Physical tape releases is not more than 5 copies only for friends.

I blacklisted it for being more ambient than metal - back in January. Do they have a newer release that's more metal? And 5 copies to friends is not a valid release. If all their releases are digital then one of them needs to be predominantly metal and at least 20-30 minutes in length. If it meets that criteria, post a link to that proof and samples here and we can re-evaluate.

Defreasis
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:49 pm 

Saw Bio-Mechanical Armageddon that currently is blacklisted.
Is this new album metal enough???
http://bio-mechanical-armageddon.bandca ... y-parasite

zombiefrogs
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:32 pm 

Hello there. I was looking to add the band "Zombie Frogs" to the site, but when I tried to, it said it was blacklisted. The band is metal with progressive elements. A link to the album can be found here: https://zombiefrogs.bandcamp.com/
The album is a full length physical release, and seems to follow all of the guidelines for posting a band.
If there is something wrong, please let me know.
Thank you very much,
-Lucas, Zombie Frogs

gravesideservice
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:36 am 

I was inquiring about getting GraveSideService unblacklisted so i can resbmit our information . we have many releases and web presence to draw from . we have gone back and released our music with 2 guitars and bass . our current line up still containes guitars and bass .

Band camp :

http://gravesideservice.bandcamp.com/

Facebook :
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Gravesid ... 833?ref=ts

reverb nation :

http://www.reverbnation.com/gravesideservice

iamntbatman
Chaos Breed

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:00 am 

We will have to re-evaluate the band. I have a version of Popes Pears (that I believe you sent me...) that has no guitar/bass but clearly there's a new version.

zombiefrogs: your band is blacklisted as prog rock.

GLOAMING - death/doom | COMA VOID - black/doom/post-rock

gravesideservice
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:56 pm 

thanks , i appreciate you help . i can send you the new updated versions as well . the new popes pears and masters in lunacy have no roman numeral tracks anymore to avoid song confusion . the bass on masters in lunacy and fog was done by Scott from Xasthur .the bass on popes pears was done by our drummer .

MetalFan97
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:36 pm 

As i no longer will be using this account i would like it removed, I am aware you state you can not however I am pretty sure no organisation can with hold information/ data on individuals without there permisson

Derigin
The Mountain Man

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:45 pm 

lol

oh my sweet summer child...

kluseba
Making Metal Archives Reviews Great Again!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:55 pm 

Hello, I submitted the Canadian doom metal band Loviatar and it got rejected by PiotrB for the lack of a valid release. I do not understand this because the band has already released three EPs via their official Bandcamp site that can be bought and downloaded immediately and they are clearly metal: http://loviatar.bandcamp.com/

I have submitted other bands in the past with Bandcamp releases only and they got accepted. Maybe you can look into this again and I can resubmit it.

Wilytank
Not a Flying Toy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:27 pm 

Derigin wrote:
lol

The same guy also uploaded a bunch of shit related to Avenged Sevenfold. Bandmembers, label, etc. None of them are currently linked to anything and probably need to be shanked.

theunrelentingattack

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:50 am 

Good call. All gone

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:27 am 

Wilytank wrote:
Derigin wrote:
lol

The same guy also uploaded a bunch of shit related to Avenged Sevenfold. Bandmembers, label, etc. None of them are currently linked to anything and probably need to be shanked.

Yep, he submitted them as "A7X", bypassing the blacklist, hence the ban. No need to delete the peripherals, though, if it's not linked to anything listed, then it gets purged after a time anyway.

@gravesideservice: I can't remember what the band sounded like before, but now it does seem okay to add. "Fog" sounds like an avantgarde rock band playing black metal, mostly. Some Oranssi Pazuzu vibes. Same for "Popes Pears", which I thought was a bit more borderline, but still good, all in all. I'm still waiting for iamntbatman's thoughts on it, though.

kluseba wrote:
Hello, I submitted the Canadian doom metal band Loviatar and it got rejected by PiotrB for the lack of a valid release. I do not understand this because the band has already released three EPs via their official Bandcamp site that can be bought and downloaded immediately and they are clearly metal: http://loviatar.bandcamp.com/

I have submitted other bands in the past with Bandcamp releases only and they got accepted. Maybe you can look into this again and I can resubmit it.

*sigh* Those EPs are pretty short, but I guess since there's three of them and they seem reasonably well-done, it's okay. However, I will still ask some other mods and report back. This is (obviously) a case were different staffers interpret the requirements for digital releases differently, so it's better to sort this out before a contradictory precedent is set (although I think similar bands have already been approved).

vigaljot
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:00 pm 

BLACKLISTED

Hello there,

trying to add a band called Gothica from Italy I get the answer, before being finished, that a band with the same name from the
same country has already been blacklisted.
There could of course be (especially for such a quite usual name) two bands with the same name AND the same country.
So, just in case, here are a few facts about the band I was about to add. Hopefully someone could check if it is the same band
that was blacklisted.

Name: Gothica
Origin: Italy, Vasto (Chieti)
Band is compared to My Dying Bride, genre: gothic-doom
They put out a 5 track demo in 1996
The demo was reviewed in the magazine "Flash" (Italy) in March 1996. This review is also the source of the aforementined information

Thank you for checking this

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:47 pm 

Could you please link a scan of that magazine so we can check it out? I'd prefer to check this out first as the band name will need to be blacklisted again due to the darkwave band of the same name.

~Guest 104167
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:53 am 

Can't find the band Funeral which released self-titled EP in 1981. Deleted for being more rock than metal?

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:44 am 

No idea. There's a hardcore punk band from California on the blacklist. With a name like that you'll have to be more specific. Where they from?

Rob1
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:08 am 

For people asking themselves what is and isn't metal I have got an (albeit arbitrary) idea which might give you a hint:
The root of all Metal music is Heavy Metal as it came about in the 1970's when bands like Motorhead, Judas Priest and Iron Maiden became popular.
In the 1980's there were bands that decided to play this music but at a faster pace and thus Speed metal was born. Great Examples of these are Metallica, Megadeth and Agent Steel.
Round that same time there were bands who wanted to incorporate their love for Metal with their love for hardcore Punk. (hardcore and punk are the same, therefore I do not mention them as separate genres). This type of music was called Thrash Metal. Famous bands (and inventors of the concept) are Slayer and Anthrax followed closely by bands like Death Angel and Testament.
Death Metal is not much more than Thrash with grunting vocals instead of clean vocals.
Black Metal is also a variation of the same principle although it is initially with a worse sound since the originator of the genre didn't have the money to buy decent equipment (as he himself mentioned) and there is more shreeking involved in the singing.
Power metal is just a variation on Heavy Metal.

Everything that incorporates a blend of Thrash/Death/Black Metal and hardcore punk is always on the tricky side of being Metal or not. This is because these are already an amalgam of Metal and hardcore Punk. Mixing in more hardcore punk only deviates more from Metal so if a band you like falls in this latter category do not be surprised if the Mods decide it's not Metal enough. You should be more surprised if they do accept it!

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:30 am 

Mhm, thank you so much for this insightful contribution. I'm sure your post will greatly and efficiently alleviate any misconceptions and uncertainties people might have. Remember when you were told not to post in here unless it directly concerns a rejected/deleted/blacklisted band? Consider this one of those final-ish warnings in that matter.

Quote:
(hardcore and punk are the same, therefore I do not mention them as separate genres).
[..]
Death Metal is not much more than Thrash with grunting vocals instead of clean vocals.
Black Metal is also a variation of the same principle although it is initially with a worse sound since the originator of the genre didn't have the money to buy decent equipment (as he himself mentioned) and there is more shreeking involved in the singing.

Err, wat

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:41 pm 

aaauuuuu wrote:
Saw Bio-Mechanical Armageddon that currently is blacklisted.
Is this new album metal enough???
http://bio-mechanical-armageddon.bandca ... y-parasite

Seems more sloppy industrial/electronic than metal.

Alhadis
Madder Max

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:03 pm 

Rob1 wrote:
Power metal is just a variation on Heavy Metal.

... what the fuck

kluseba
Making Metal Archives Reviews Great Again!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:36 am 

@Azmodes: Does that mean that I can submit Loviatar again? I don't want to get banned. Personally, I think my submission should be okay because the band already has 35 minutes of own music on 3 EPs.

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:46 am 

We're talking about it in the mod forum, we'll reach a decision tomorrow. I think it's fine personally since they do have 3 releases but we'll let you know.

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

Schmengie
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:01 am 

I am calling for another look at I Killed the Prom Queen, based solely on their new album, Beloved. Like it or not, it is not unlike Killswitch Engage's output, with some hints at that of As I Lay Dying, and therefore, might just be metal enough to qualify for entry.

(I used the search feature. I found no mention of the band in this thread post-release. So here we are.)

I believe it was Confucius who said "Life is merely a series of intervals in which one waits for the next Agalloch album."

vigaljot
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:51 am 

Zodijackyl wrote:
Could you please link a scan of that magazine so we can check it out? I'd prefer to check this out first as the band name will need to be blacklisted again due to the darkwave band of the same name.

No problem. Is there any email adress I can sent it to as attachment?

Alhadis
Madder Max

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:08 am 

Try this, mate:

http://imgur.com/

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:59 am 

kluseba, I've restored Loviatar.

@Gatherum: Well... Unsurprisingly, I've never heard their other material. This new album seems... borderline, I guess? Maybe okay, maybe not? As I Lay Dying-esque it is, but ugh, I just can't stomach much of this.

@Gravesideservice: The band can now be submitted.

~Guest 104167
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:09 pm 

Azmodes wrote:
No idea. There's a hardcore punk band from California on the blacklist. With a name like that you'll have to be more specific. Where they from?

Thanks, it is this band. I've download their EP and wish to bookmark the band but didn't find it though I remember that they were in the database at least in 2011.

And, I'm wondering which old band (from 80's) was deleted about two weeks ago? I've bookmarked 500 bands and it became 499 next day :)

MorbidAsshole
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:49 pm 

Last edited by Metantoine on Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
the user erased his post but it was about the band Angelcrust: http://angelcrust.bandcamp.com/

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:12 pm 

It's more rooted in punk/hardcore/powerviolence than black, the metal elements are too minimal.

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

saladbar1
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:15 pm 

Hi I am trying to find a band called Oceano (United States) but I cannot find it.
I went about adding it but when I typed in the name it said it's been blacklisted?
I was wondering why it's been blacklist and what that even means and I couldn't find an answer...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4nb7w4 ... Qw&index=5 here's their album "Depths" for a sample.
Also they've played gig's with Fallujah and Broken Hope so I was just wondering why they might be blacklisted for not being "metal enough" if that's the case.
An explanation would be great!

iamntbatman
Chaos Breed

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:22 pm 

Per the first post of the thread, please use the search function to see if you can discover why a band has been rejected/blacklisted/deleted, especially in the case of such a famous band.

Because I'm bored at work: Oceano are blacklisted as they're not a metal band. They're deathcore with extremely limited metal elements (i.e. nowhere near enough to be listed here).

GLOAMING - death/doom | COMA VOID - black/doom/post-rock

Schmengie
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:10 pm 

Azmodes wrote:
@Gatherum: Well... Unsurprisingly, I've never heard their other material. This new album seems... borderline, I guess? Maybe okay, maybe not? As I Lay Dying-esque it is, but ugh, I just can't stomach much of this.

Right, and I apologise for putting you through this. Personally, I hate their name (it's really scenester and screamo-ish--I can deal with music like that in specific, aggressive doses, but the personality of most of it is right fucking retarded), but I don't have much of a problem with the material because I don't have much of a problem with Killswitch Engage or As I Lay Dying. I'm not bringing this up to turn heads or change opinions on quality, though: I just heard an album that might be metal, and could not ignore it.

I believe it was Confucius who said "Life is merely a series of intervals in which one waits for the next Agalloch album."

nachometal
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:37 pm 

i want to talk about Trailer (Spain)
you said that it is hair metal
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_W16YWeGSpU
i think it is a tradition heavy metal- hard n heavy style
http://www.metal-treasures.com/2011/12/ ... -1998.html

thanks for the help

theunrelentingattack

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:45 pm 

nachometal wrote:
i want to talk about Trailer (Spain)
you said that it is hair metal
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_W16YWeGSpU
i think it is a tradition heavy metal- hard n heavy style
http://www.metal-treasures.com/2011/12/ ... -1998.html

thanks for the help

I didn't blacklist it. I asked you for more samples. I'm okay with it now. Resubmit.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:48 pm 

Yeah, the song on Youtube and the one from the blog sound acceptable.

theunrelentingattack

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:12 pm 

I've actually just restored it.

vigaljot
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:38 am 

vigaljot wrote:
BLACKLISTED

Hello there,

trying to add a band called Gothica from Italy I get the answer, before being finished, that a band with the same name from the
same country has already been blacklisted.
There could of course be (especially for such a quite usual name) two bands with the same name AND the same country.
So, just in case, here are a few facts about the band I was about to add. Hopefully someone could check if it is the same band
that was blacklisted.

Name: Gothica
Origin: Italy, Vasto (Chieti)
Band is compared to My Dying Bride, genre: gothic-doom
They put out a 5 track demo in 1996
The demo was reviewed in the magazine "Flash" (Italy) in March 1996. This review is also the source of the aforementined information

Thank you for checking this

Here are links to the aforementioned issue

http://imgur.com/98MutA
http://imgur.com/4Qd9aMQ

meelhuysen
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:31 pm 

My contribution of Dauw was rejected, possibly because of a lack of evidence for a physical release.
I've photographed the demo cassette (sadly not a pro tape) with the cover that I own. Picture of it is here:

http://imgur.com/fYrlqRT

Hope the link works, never used imgur before...

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1 ... 263, 264, 265, 266, 267, 268, 269 ... 541  Next