Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
White Face
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 5:50 am 

Well, I just found it a little offensive 'cause I did a lot of stuff just to get this demo uploaded and distributed online. My work is not an excuse, It's a proof that I make metal music and recorded it through a professional way, not on a garage. Plus, I had to do it on my own. After recording the instrumentals, I finally found band members to play them on local shows in the future. I understand if my instrumentals are not the type of metal that you accept. Well, maybe try to listen to the instrumentals for a moment. Here https://soundcloud.com/thewhitefaceofph

-White Face, out!

theunrelentingattack
Not yet ready for a custom title

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 7:34 am 

You can find it offensive if you'd like - I find the sheer lack of integrity to your craft offensive.

1. You submitted the band with no proof of anything, so I rejected it.
2. You resubmitted with that soundcloud link with the original release, streaming. I tell you it's not valid, it needs to be fully downloadable and at least 20 minutes.
3. You resubmitted with a "re-release" of the same album with two bonus tracks at the end so it's now just over 20 minutes. And the funny thing is in your draft of the band, you even had the re-release coming out before the original.

You posted a re-release specifically to make it long enough for M-A standards. You can say you didn't but I looked at the sub each time so I saw the lifecycle.

You have no valid release at this point - so White Face isn't being accepted into the archives. Sorry. If you want to be re-evalutated, then it will have to be when you release another record. Which based on what I've seen here, will surely be 20 minutes from now (if it isn't the middle of the night in the Philippines).

MasterOfSin
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 11:28 am 

Hi,
Can be Eriador from Chile whitelisted?

http://eriadoroficial.bandcamp.com/album/meditations

Kalabira_official
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 11:49 am 

Hello,

My band was already created by someone else, and we wanted to take control of it since it is our band. what to do? I created but got rejected because it is already present in your database.

theunrelentingattack

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 12:24 pm 

Kalabira_official wrote:
Hello,

My band was already created by someone else, and we wanted to take control of it since it is our band. what to do? I created but got rejected because it is already present in your database.

That's not how this works. It's a public database, so bands don't get to control their pages. If anything is wrong and you don't have permissions to change yourself, there is a button to report and error that will open up a ticket that staffers will see. For anything you want changed, provide a link to proof of the information you're asking to be changed. And proof is not "I'm in the band" - proof is a link to a facebook page or something like that, confirming what you're asking for.

OpsiusCato
Mexican Metal Inquisition

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 4:15 pm 

MasterOfSin wrote:
Hi,

Blacklisted in late 2015 for having a not predominantly Metal release. Have they released anything else ever since?
Opsius is Metal as fuck.

MasterOfSin
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 4:19 pm 

OpsiusCato wrote:
MasterOfSin wrote:
Hi,

Blacklisted in late 2015 for having a not predominantly Metal release. Have they released anything else ever since?

This:

MutantClannfear
Blank Czech

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 11:36 pm 

Hey, did the mods finally reach a decision on All Pigs Must Die? It's been a few months...

White Face
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 3:09 am 

theunrelentingattack wrote:
You can find it offensive if you'd like - I find the sheer lack of integrity to your craft offensive.

1. You submitted the band with no proof of anything, so I rejected it.
2. You resubmitted with that soundcloud link with the original release, streaming. I tell you it's not valid, it needs to be fully downloadable and at least 20 minutes.
3. You resubmitted with a "re-release" of the same album with two bonus tracks at the end so it's now just over 20 minutes. And the funny thing is in your draft of the band, you even had the re-release coming out before the original.

You posted a re-release specifically to make it long enough for M-A standards. You can say you didn't but I looked at the sub each time so I saw the lifecycle.

You have no valid release at this point - so White Face isn't being accepted into the archives. Sorry. If you want to be re-evalutated, then it will have to be when you release another record. Which based on what I've seen here, will surely be 20 minutes from now (if it isn't the middle of the night in the Philippines).

I found Derigin's comment's offensive, not yours. Actually, your reply was very clear and informative. Well, the date between the original and the re-release is 10 days from each other. I suppose you could consider my band if I put out a new record that is coming out next month with re-recorded versions of the 3 instrumentals on the EP. But what if I'm still blacklisted on that day? I can't submit the draft to the mods If I'm still blacklisted and my band likes the name White Face. Can I be whitelisted, for now? I promise I won't submit the draft without having a new release.

P.S. I think I got what you mean on the dates of the original and re-release. It is listed backwards on soundcloud.

theunrelentingattack

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 6:47 am 

No, if you put something new out - you come back here and ask to be re-evaluated. Then, if the band will be accepted, it gets unblacklisted.

White Face
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 9:07 am 

Ok. Thank you. I will come back to this thread after my next release.

EpicDismemberment
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 1:40 pm 

Hi,
I would like you to make a re-evaluation on Mephistofeles. This is a new album from them.
http://mephistofeles.bandcamp.com/album ... full-album

Cleary, influenced by Electric Wizard.

PDS
The Folk One

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 6:09 pm 

MutantClannfear wrote:
Hey, did the mods finally reach a decision on All Pigs Must Die? It's been a few months...

Looking into the discussion, looks like it has 3 yays and 2 hesitant on the fence. I'll bring the band up again to see if anyone else wants any final input.

EDIT: All Pigs Must Die -> Whitelisted
I dunno, I'm a guitarist and it always feels like playing a giant cock. Not just that but live music should hit you in the genitals. It might not if you don't use good amplifiers and your modelling shit goes straight out of the PA. But good music hits you HARD in the GENITALS.

Wargnattallfihrr
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 6:29 am 

Rizkan666 wrote:
Quote:
It was blacklisted based on a part post-hardcore, part black metal release. No issue with that track, but the entire release for listening would be nice.

The full FARSON Album can be streamed here, at the moment: https://soundcloud.com/trvefrykt/sets/farson-erode
Pretty solid Post-Black Metal, I'd say.

Cheers.

Also, the Bandcamp now streams the full album and the LP is out. Please look into it if you find the time, and maybe whitelist.

PDS
The Folk One

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 7:21 am 

Wargnattallfihrr wrote:

Also, the Bandcamp now streams the full album and the LP is out. Please look into it if you find the time, and maybe whitelist.

Whitelisted.
I dunno, I'm a guitarist and it always feels like playing a giant cock. Not just that but live music should hit you in the genitals. It might not if you don't use good amplifiers and your modelling shit goes straight out of the PA. But good music hits you HARD in the GENITALS.

Wargnattallfihrr
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 7:26 am 

PDS wrote:
Wargnattallfihrr wrote:

Whitelisted.

Thank you! I'm gonna submit it now.

EpicDismemberment
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 12:23 pm 

Hi,
Why was Author & Punisher blacklisted?
This is their latest album (2015), in case they got blacklisted before that.
https://authorandpunisher.bandcamp.com/ ... -en-honing

theunrelentingattack

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 1:28 pm 

A&P were blacklisted for being Droning Industrial back in 2014. I'm a fan and own every record - if the staff didn't think he was metal enough in 2014, then the new album probably isn't going to change their mind.

EpicDismemberment
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 2:03 pm 

Ok, cool. And please take a look at this.

EpicDismemberment wrote:
Hi,
I would like you to make a re-evaluation on Mephistofeles. This is a new album from them.

theunrelentingattack

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 4:57 pm 

EpicDismemberment wrote:
Hi,

That's very different than what they were blacklisted off of. Whitelisted.

Antioch
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 6:54 pm 

Hey,
Seven Hundredth Unicorn has a new release (May 2016). Should be acceptable (link below). :)
https://sevenhundredthunicorn.bandcamp. ... ns-of-hope

Rain Duran
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 9:48 pm 

My question is, why was my band submission blacklisted? The last time it was rejected, all the moderator said was "Yeah, okay." WHAT DOES THAT EVEN MEAN? He/she didn't even give me a reason why the band was rejected. I guess I didn't have enough proof that the release was real. Well, I went back, found lots of new evidence, and tried to resubmit, but, much to my amazement, I found out that the band was blacklisted. I'm gonna stop complaining as soon as I get a reason why the band was blacklisted. Thank you in advance!

The name of the band is Whisper in the Wind (Industrial Folk Metal from Mexico)

Rain Duran
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 9:55 pm 

Rain Duran wrote:
My question is, why was my band submission blacklisted? The last time it was rejected, all the moderator said was "Yeah, okay." WHAT DOES THAT EVEN MEAN? He/she didn't even give me a reason why the band was rejected. I guess I didn't have enough proof that the release was real. Well, I went back, found lots of new evidence, and tried to resubmit, but, much to my amazement, I found out that the band was blacklisted. I'm gonna stop complaining as soon as I get a reason why the band was blacklisted. Thank you in advance!

Oh and I forgot to mention, I now have photographic evidence that the release is actually a physical release, and I have sound samples of the music.

EpicDismemberment
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 3:27 am 

EpicDismemberment wrote:
Hi,

That's very different than what they were blacklisted off of. Whitelisted.

Thanks

theunrelentingattack

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 7:51 am 

Rain Duran wrote:

It was rejected for not having the proper proof of release. Two hand scribbled CD-R's is not really proof. If you have better proof now, please provide it here for re-evaluation. However, note that a picture of CD-R is not proof that we need. We need to see proof of distribution of that CD.

EDIT: I'm also fascinated that in this day and age of all kinds of photoshopping sites and places to create art - that the cover to your CD is so amazingly second grade-ish.

Antioch
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 8:45 am 

Have you had time for these two? The posts were quite short thus missable in the midst of EpicDismemberment's latest bombardment. :p

Antioch wrote:
Seven Hundredth Unicorn has a new release (May 2016). Should be acceptable (link below). :)

MasterOfSin wrote:
Hi,
New release // 2016

EpicDismemberment
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 11:17 am 

:oh shit:

Rain Duran
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 4:16 pm 

Rain Duran wrote:

It was rejected for not having the proper proof of release. Two hand scribbled CD-R's is not really proof. If you have better proof now, please provide it here for re-evaluation. However, note that a picture of CD-R is not proof that we need. We need to see proof of distribution of that CD.

EDIT: I'm also fascinated that in this day and age of all kinds of photoshopping sites and places to create art - that the cover to your CD is so amazingly second grade-ish.

The demo was re-released, this time with a cover that is not so "second grade-ish." Here are pics of that: https://www.facebook.com/WhisperBand/ph ... =3&theater and also https://www.facebook.com/WhisperBand/ph ... =3&theater. Not only that, but the album is for sale. There are 3 ways to purchase it:
1. By messaging the Feacebook page of the band
2. By contacting [email protected]
3. By visiting http://www.ebay.com/itm/-/252406648257?

Thank you guys for your time!

~Guest 368187
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 11:21 pm 

Hi, I was wondering why Haunter was blacklisted, and if they could possibly be re-evaluated. http://hauntertx.bandcamp.com/

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 1:26 am 

Rain Duran wrote:
The demo was re-released, this time with a cover that is not so "second grade-ish."

Are you fucking kidding me?

No. Never. Don't even ask again.

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 2:03 am 

connor the testament fan wrote:
Hi, I was wondering why Haunter was blacklisted, and if they could possibly be re-evaluated. http://hauntertx.bandcamp.com/

Blackened screamo/crust punk.

Antioch wrote:
Have you had time for these two? The posts were quite short thus missable in the midst of EpicDismemberment's latest bombardment. :p

Antioch wrote:

MasterOfSin wrote:
Hi,
New release // 2016

Seven Hundreth Unicorn - Heavy rock stuff. Not my forte. I'm not sure.

Eriador - Every other track, 8 of 15, is completely non-metal. Interludes that are shorter than the heavy songs, but there's still over half an hour of ambient interludes in there. On top of that, "Occult Energy" seems more djenty-core than metal. There's still a fair amount of metal though, needs a second opinion.

MasterOfSin
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 4:54 am 

Zodijackyl wrote:

Hi,
http://eriadoroficial.bandcamp.com/album/meditations New release // 2016

Seven Hundreth Unicorn - Heavy rock stuff. Not my forte. I'm not sure.

Eriador - Every other track, 8 of 15, is completely non-metal. Interludes that are shorter than the heavy songs, but there's still over half an hour of ambient interludes in there. On top of that, "Occult Energy" seems more djenty-core than metal. There's still a fair amount of metal though, needs a second opinion.

Seven Hundreth Unicorn, other moderator, rejected my submission, (and was considered "Ruins of Hope"), by the follow reason.

"More post-hardcore/modern-tinged sludge than metal."

Eriador, i know isn't 100% metal is more like an 50/50, and i don't understand the reason of the ambient tracks ...

Antioch
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 5:39 am 

Hmm... didn't expect Seven Hundredth Unicorn to be a recent reject. Thanks Zodijackyl, MasterOfSin.
EpicDismemberment wrote:
:oh shit:
Haha.

deadandDECAYED
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 2:18 pm 

MasterOfSin wrote:
Zodijackyl wrote:

Reevaluate, please. The full length is clearly black metal, much rather than "crust punk" (the band has never been that lol).

https://hauntertx.bandcamp.com/track/th ... e-fervency

https://hauntertx.bandcamp.com/track/pe ... ium-dilute

Noelvcamarena
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 7:25 pm 

My band was rejectes cus need evidence of the tape we made. Here is the evidence

https://scontent-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/ ... e=57CDC171

https://scontent-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/ ... e=57C824F8

https://scontent-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/ ... e=57C9629C

https://scontent-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/ ... e=57CDB2B9

And this is the BANDCAMP with the songs of the tape https://munchnerhell.bandcamp.com/releases

JOEYUNHOLY666
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 10:32 pm 

Sorry !!!My brother band was reject !! That's my mistake i put the wrong information , My brother band PORNORAMA pls unleashed.

perzine
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 12:11 am 

Hi there,

The blacklisted band Expurgatory (Melbourne, Australia) have a few more releases now that I think should qualify them on the metalness scale now. Here's some links to the material for your perusal:

http://expurgatory.bandcamp.com/album/e ... y-baguette
https://yntpm.bandcamp.com/album/acephalia
https://expurgatory.bandcamp.com/track/messiah
http://expurgatory.bandcamp.com/track/t ... tantiation

Thoughts?

cholosonacidofficial
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 11:13 am 

My request to have Cholos On Acid added has been rejected due to no promotion of the name, as well as a current page on the site saying that Cholos On Acid has changed their name to Cycos On Acid. This is simply not true. A legal agreement was signed, which I can provide to you, that clearly states ex-members of the band legally cannot use the band name, which they had attempted to do. The agreement forced them to create a NEW band with a NEW name, and the new band would have no relationship with Cholos On Acid. Again, that agreement can be provided to you. Cholos On Acid continues to play, do radio shows etc as shown in the following examples. Cycos On Acid is a recently formed band that does not represent Cholos On Acid, nor has anything to do with us. Please review the following links and if you like provide me with an email or link to forward you the legal documents that will clarify the members of Cycos On Acid have no claim, nor are they the same as Cholos On Acid. Thank you;

Ken Harrington
Founder and current member of Cholos On Acid.

https://www.facebook.com/cofficiala/
https://www.facebook.com/events/507015929501069/
https://soundcloud.com/cholos-on-acid-official/sets

ItsemurhaLeksi
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 4:41 pm 

Deeper Vileness
The band has released Raw Black Metal release http://cvlminis.bandcamp.com/album/daemonolatria
I think now it must be unbanned.

little_raven
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:51 am 

Band Pichia`s has been rejected: http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Pichia's/3540411644

I included this link with the band's bio and the "circle" in which it was involved (in Spanish, sorry pals), some pictures of one of the band's demos and a mediafire link so you can actually check the music falls into the "Black Metal" category. Yeah of course there are no store links where you could buy the demo, it's from the mid-90s and a really limited release to top it off. Please help, what else can I do?

http://hungertransilvanian.blogspot.com ... andas.html

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1 ... 383, 384, 385, 386, 387, 388, 389 ... 541  Next