Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
theunrelentingattack
Not yet ready for a custom title

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 7:09 am 

^ punk kokush - mix of punk, alt, electronic and metal - or basically not predominantly metal

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 7:33 am 

Nocturnal Flame wrote:
Hello I've submitted my band Stolzblut and it has been rejected. It has been rejected because I didn't put an A and B side on the demo tape. I don't know which songs are on each side because I haven't receive them in the mail yet. The label (darker than black) never told me which songs are on each side. Why is this such a big deal. I've provided evidence of a physical release. If you want more evidence I can provide it, but I do not know which songs are on each side.

Here,
http://store.merchantofdeath.e-plaza.de ... ts_id=3868

I have restored the entry. I assume the moderator wanted to fill in that bit of info, but it's by no means obligatory and certainly not a reason to reject the band.

canthisevenbecalledmusic wrote:
Hello. This band has been blacklisted and I think it is definitely metal.
http://music.voddoom.com/track/--2

Sounds like some sort of avant-garde music mixed with djent or something. I don't hear metal riffs, it's just chugging and wankery and assorted weirdness.

jackestripador
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 2:40 pm 

My band Winterise is blacklisted and I want to send our material again to set the band right in the website... How I must proceed?

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 3:04 pm 

Does the band have a valid release and can you show proof for it?

rojci666
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 6:24 pm 

Hello, I have a question about the blacklisting of band Vinotoch from Slovenia. It's a "Folk Metal" band, a "parody" of Sagra/local festivals bands here in Slovenia, like Pero Defformero.
They self-released a demo named Mosh(t) in March 2015 in physical CD format. I can provide pictures of the demo and tracks also.
The songs from the demo can be listened here: http://www.muzikobala.com/vinotoch or https://www.youtube.com/user/VinotochOfficial/videos

PDS
The Folk One

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 9:34 pm 

^The blacklist states that is more Folk Rock with some Folk Metal bits. From the one studio song off youtube (The player won't work for me), it does sound that way. At the moment from me, it is a no. Will need someone who can listen to the full demo to weigh in.
I dunno, I'm a guitarist and it always feels like playing a giant cock. Not just that but live music should hit you in the genitals. It might not if you don't use good amplifiers and your modelling shit goes straight out of the PA. But good music hits you HARD in the GENITALS.

jandries91
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 2:24 am 

Ok, I know this question has been asked a dozen of times and yes, I've used the search button...

It's concerning.... You may have guessed it.... BTBAM

You say they haven't released an album that's undoubtedly metal but that makes me doubt if you ever listened to a BTBAM album the last 10 years?

Okay, they are rooted in metalcore, the first album still has a lot of "core" tendencies...
Silent Circus is more Technical Death Metal (riffing wise) but you could argue about the vocals though
Alaska is a complete departure of the core sound and is undoubtedly a metal album... But I know this one guy (and I know you guys are thinking the same way he does...) who says you know that one song they released from that album 'Selkies' it starts with a synthesizer that's gay, that's for core bands... I don't like other instruments getting involved in metal... But you know afterwards the riffing is some of the best in progressive METAL

I don't think I need to continue to prove my point but I will...

Colors lost all core elements and if you don't consider this a metal album I don't know what's wrong with it...
The Great Misdirect, Parallax I and II are undoubtedly even more metal...

I would love to hear arguments about what makes you doubt that these last 4 albums are non-metal...

I have this weird feeling you blacklisted this band because it once was core and are too dense to even want to hear what they are really are about and that is... The best prog METAL around.

BTW this is directly from your own rules...

"Metalcore and Deathcore, unless it's clearly more metal than core (e.g. Shadows Fall, The Red Chord, All Shall Perish are OK: Avenged Sevenfold, Atreyu, Bullet For My Valentine, Between the Buried and Me, Suicide Silence are NOT)."

1) Putting a band like BTBAM next to BFMV and Suicide Silence just shows your ignorance and really takes down your credibility.

2) Saying Shadows Fall and All Shall Perish are ok but BTBAM is not just proves all of the above

I know your argument will now be it's not because band Y is in it band X should be in it too but come on All Shall Perish released nothing that was even near to being more metal than core so how is this band accepted?

As for Shadows Fall: their first two releases that are considered "melodic death metal" have an even more core sound than anything BTBAM has done after Alaska...

Sorry (not sorry) for this long ass post but I really had to get this off my chest... Saying BTBAM is not undoubtedly metal is just saying you didn't give them a fair shot because they have their roots in metalcore and it just hurts my eyes you compare them to Suicide Silence

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 2:37 am 

Sounds like you have your own, developed opinion on the matter; more power to you. It just doesn't run parallel with ours - but why would it bother you so much that the band isn't on the site? It doesn't intrinsically ruin their credibility or anything, and if you think inclusion on M-A is so important while holding us in such low personal regard, I think you are a bit confused.
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

rojci666
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 5:16 am 

PDS wrote:
^The blacklist states that is more Folk Rock with some Folk Metal bits. From the one studio song off youtube (The player won't work for me), it does sound that way. At the moment from me, it is a no. Will need someone who can listen to the full demo to weigh in.

To who can I send the demo via PM for listening?

PDS
The Folk One

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 7:24 am 

Derigin and I are most likely the mods here biggest on folk metal. Derigin was the guy who originally rejected the band. PM me and I'll get to it later today (granted I can't if you are going to PM the same link above).
I dunno, I'm a guitarist and it always feels like playing a giant cock. Not just that but live music should hit you in the genitals. It might not if you don't use good amplifiers and your modelling shit goes straight out of the PA. But good music hits you HARD in the GENITALS.

jackestripador
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 7:56 am 

Azmodes wrote:
Does the band have a valid release and can you show proof for it?

Not yet, I understand we were rejected once but now we're black listed. And we're releasing out first full lenght soon, and then we will have proof. Then I want to set everything right in metal archives.

RaduP
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 11:01 am 

Hello,

I noticed that Dirty Shirt from Romania are blacklisted and this decision was probably based off their recent, more popular, albums and it is understandable. But, Dirty Shirt have released a more obscure album in 2000 which can be listened to here:

https://soundcloud.com/dirtyshirtorigin ... dirty-2000

It is an album that I find metal enough for this site. If the mods decide that it is not, then so shall it be.

dukey227
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 1:48 pm 

Band: Nasty Whores
Sorry but I made a mistake during the insert of the genere of the Band. Not "Hard Rock" but "Heavy Metal".
If you are not sure about the goodness of the genere, you can hear all the songs on spotify or ITunez or on our website (www.nastywhores.net).

My best regards.

DukeQ

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 2:09 pm 

dukey227 wrote:
Sorry but I made a mistake during the insert of the genere of the Band. Not "Hard Rock" but "Heavy Metal".
If you are not sure about the goodness of the genere, you can hear all the songs on spotify or ITunez or on our website (http://www.nastywhores.net).

My best regards.

DukeQ

Can you send me the whole album? I don't have Spotify. 2 of the 4 tracks on the Reverbnation are metal, the 2 others are hard rock so I'd like to check the whole thing. PM me a link or something.

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

jandries91
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 3:14 pm 

Diamhea wrote:
Sounds like you have your own, developed opinion on the matter; more power to you. It just doesn't run parallel with ours - but why would it bother you so much that the band isn't on the site? It doesn't intrinsically ruin their credibility or anything, and if you think inclusion on M-A is so important while holding us in such low personal regard, I think you are a bit confused.

That's not at all an answer at anything... Saying someone's opinion is different and stopping there is just proving my own previous comment about you guys not knowing what the band is about and not having listened to any of their later works.

I asked for reasons and arguments why the last 4 albums are considered "non-metal" and I got none... Thank you for calling my opinion developed but just denying it by going out of the way of the "discussion" is just saying your own opinion isn't developed on that same matter...

BTW: I never said I hold this site in low personal regard and don't think it's a need for the band to be included. But however it does offset me that the band is called non-metal and is put in such low regard while it deserves tons of respect. Also I was just pointing out your own rules and how they are not correctly put to use since the band clearly has released several albums that are metal...

Unless someone could give me a real opinion based on arguments why this band should be considered non-metal it's being prove you are ignoring the band for being core once and not having them given another shot...

In other words I am just trying to open your eyes to a whole new world of great music

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 3:40 pm 

Quote:
In other words I am just trying to open your eyes to a whole new world of great music

Wow. You're truly, truly, truly condescending. It's like the staffers aren't aware of the band because we don't consider them metal enough to be on the Archives. I'm personally a fan of Colors and The Great Misdirect, I guess it's cool to know that my eyes are open!

I think I posted at least 5 times about BTBAM and I'm getting real tired of repeating the same things. While they have metal elements (certainly), it's simply another component of their sound like unmetallic metalcore, post hardcore, prog rock and so on. It's not the basis of their sound. Judging by the new track I heard from Coma Ecliptic, it doesn't sound like "progressive death metal" like some other dude said before and it will remain blacklisted.

MDL
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 6:37 pm 

Why was Madame Saatan blacklisted?

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 9:57 pm 

dukey227 wrote:
If you are not sure about the goodness of the genere, you can hear all the songs on spotify or ITunez or on our website (http://www.nastywhores.net).

My best regards.

DukeQ

I checked the band on youtube and it's clearly acceptable, straight up Judas Priest worship. You can resubmit. Sorry, the other mod made a mistake, it happens sometimes.

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

jandries91
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 12:41 am 

Metantoine wrote:
Quote:
it's simply another component of their sound like unmetallic metalcore, post hardcore, prog rock and so on.

Unmetallic?!? That's a thing? And I guess we weren't talking about coma ecliptic...

But man, tons of bands should be blacklisted that are on I guess

and like I told I used the search button and yes I've read that you think it's non-metal but clearly have no arguments for it...

and if yo are a fan of colors and the great misdirect and are ok with this band being compared to BFMV and suicide silence in your rules.... I just don't know what to say anymore.... That's just... Yeah

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 1:14 am 

Quote:
Metalcore and Deathcore, unless it's clearly more metal than core (e.g. Shadows Fall, The Red Chord, All Shall Perish are OK: Avenged Sevenfold, Atreyu, Bullet For My Valentine, Between the Buried and Me, Suicide Silence are NOT). If you are uncertain, best avoid metalcore bands altogether.

They're not compared to them, they're just offered as an example of what we don't accept. That's really not hard to understand. It's not meant as an insult to their music.

JairoIII
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 11:02 am 

Sorry JairoIII, Encyclopaedia Metallum was forced to reject your submission for the band War Inferno FX (Brazil), for the following reason:

Need links to hear some of the tunes - proof of release is fine but we need to make sure they are metal before taking them.

Here follows the songs released.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5AD4AW ... e=youtu.be

DarknessJordison
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 5:00 am 

Hi!

Why Scar The Martyr (USA) has been blacklisted? It's not a side-project anymore. And more metal than Nothing Else Matters.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NECNz5joq40

Also, what's the problem with Fostartály (Hungary) Not the obscene name, I guess (http://www.metal-archives.com/search?se ... =band_name). It's a real band (since 2003) with real releases.
http://www.coversclub.cc/index.php?opti ... d=45&use=1
http://www.rockvilag.hu/index.php?optio ... 3&Itemid=4

And my last question is about Teethgrinder (NL). https://teethgrindernl.bandcamp.com/

Thanks,
D

PDS
The Folk One

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 5:29 am 

DarknessJordison wrote:
Hi!

Why Scar The Martyr (USA) has been blacklisted? It's not a side-project anymore. And more metal than Nothing Else Matters.

What, you mean no longer a side project of a band that isn't on the site? Yeah , no. Unacceptable Nu-metal.

Quote:
Also, what's the problem with Fostartály (Hungary) Not the obscene name, I guess (http://www.metal-archives.com/search?se ... =band_name). It's a real band (since 2003) with real releases.
http://www.coversclub.cc/index.php?opti ... d=45&use=1
http://www.rockvilag.hu/index.php?optio ... 3&Itemid=4

Doesn't say, but it sounds like non-metal grind to me.

DarknessJordison wrote:
And my last question is about Teethgrinder (NL). https://teethgrindernl.bandcamp.com/

Also non-metal grind.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 8:34 am 

RaduP wrote:
Hello,

I noticed that Dirty Shirt from Romania are blacklisted and this decision was probably based off their recent, more popular, albums and it is understandable. But, Dirty Shirt have released a more obscure album in 2000 which can be listened to here:

https://soundcloud.com/dirtyshirtorigin ... dirty-2000

It is an album that I find metal enough for this site. If the mods decide that it is not, then so shall it be.

Never heard of them, but this doesn't sound predominantly metal by a long shot. I wouldn't be surprised if that album had already been considered.

MDL666 wrote:
Why was Madame Saatan blacklisted?

"More alt hard rock/mallcore than groove metal/metalcore."

JairoIII wrote:
Sorry JairoIII, Encyclopaedia Metallum was forced to reject your submission for the band War Inferno FX (Brazil), for the following reason:

Need links to hear some of the tunes - proof of release is fine but we need to make sure they are metal before taking them.

Here follows the songs released.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5AD4AW ... e=youtu.be

Approved.

RobDarkheim
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 8:24 am 

Hi, i send links to real photos of my physical CD called "Voices from the past" of my project band Satanael
Spoiler: show

Please about accepted my black metal band Satanael.

Last edited by Azmodes on Tue May 26, 2015 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Please use spoilers for huge images.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 8:57 am 

Restored.

1234SLAYER1234
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 11:44 am 

Hey there, i understand the Canadian group Omnia Vincam was blacklisted due to (i imagine) having an unfinished first album only,

there is now an entire album completed (I did the mastering) titled "Minor Tragedy" and another on the way.

As far as the genre goes i would say it definitely is appropriate for the site, being Doom/Progressive/Black Metal, heavily inspired by My Dying Bride in my opinion.

I would like the page to be created to give the band some credit and so i can link myself to it having mastered the material (I'm starting out as a mastering engineer)

Here is a link to the first album

https://omniavincam.bandcamp.com/album/minor-tragedy

Hope everything is ok with this, i am unaware of any other reason for the blacklist other than the lack of material, if there is something i am overlooking i apologise, i am not aware of anything.

Let me know

Jacob.

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 12:02 pm 

That doesn't appear to be the case. They were blacklisted just a month ago, citing a non-predominant black metal element.
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

1234SLAYER1234
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 2:25 pm 

Really? that surprises me, it is definitely in the vein of my dying bride, at least minor tragedy is, could it be listed as doom/progressive metal? in hindsight i agree the black metal elements are little :)

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 2:30 pm 

I hear no My Dying Bride or any doom or progressive metal in this. It's some sort of depressive semi black metal, there's no riffs.

1234SLAYER1234
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 3:15 pm 

So you dont think it's suitable? There are some heavy parts in there, I agree its on the edge though :)

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 7:39 pm 

I listened to the first two tracks and it doesn't sound even remotely metal. It's just sad noodling with rasps.

1234SLAYER1234
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 7:42 pm 

Well the album is full of riffs dude, just starts that way, monster (into the void) is a good example of his work I'd say

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 5:48 am 

jackcrow wrote:
Hello!
Rejected band Scarecrow (finland) and are we a metal band? Heres couple cut.

Morgue wedding
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WW1e7F2DDks

Eine symphonie des grauens
https://youtu.be/5B1PuwTNIg8?list=PL7C7913A961013376

Son of satan
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Glz5GQCZs8

thanks anyway

Just saying you aren't being ignored. I'll get to that one soon, it seems like a tricky punk/metal hybrid.

shachar2294
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 6:51 am 

Hi.
Why is the band Obsidian Tide on the blacklist and can't be submitted?
They play metal. They have an album out.
A link can be found here:
http://obsidiantide.bandcamp.com/album/debris
Thanks

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 6:56 am 

I vaguely remember the band. We (well, three mods) came to the consensus that while it's Opeth worship, it's more worship of their prog rock than of their metal parts.

shachar2294
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 6:59 am 

Maybe you listened to it when they only had one single out?
Now there's an entire EP out, and it's mostly metal, with some prog rock touches.
Perhaps try listening to Halfbreed, or Debris the whole way through:
http://obsidiantide.bandcamp.com/track/halfbreed
http://obsidiantide.bandcamp.com/track/debris

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 7:21 am 

shachar2294 wrote:
Maybe you listened to it when they only had one single out?
Now there's an entire EP out, and it's mostly metal, with some prog rock touches.
Perhaps try listening to Halfbreed, or Debris the whole way through:
http://obsidiantide.bandcamp.com/track/halfbreed
http://obsidiantide.bandcamp.com/track/debris

Nope, the entire EP was considered.

shachar2294
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 7:31 am 

That sounds very weird.. Are you sure you guys listened to all the songs?
The EP in it's entirety very metal (barring two interludes, maybe), containing many riffs, and lots of death metal growls!

DarknessJordison
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 10:04 am 

PDS wrote:
DarknessJordison wrote:
Hi!

What, you mean no longer a side project of a band that isn't on the site? Yeah , no. Unacceptable Nu-metal.

Korn and Slipknot is stupid nu-metal. STM is more metal than many bands on this page (especially as the power 'metal' ones), but as you wish.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1 ... 326, 327, 328, 329, 330, 331, 332 ... 541  Next