Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
PDS
The Folk One

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 4:54 am 

Technicality does not equal metal.

Both are blacklisted for being Djent. Never heard of Entheos but I can assure that with Born of Osiris, the constant playing of 0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0 on a guitar is not metal.

Suffokate was most likely accepted by the early shit.
I dunno, I'm a guitarist and it always feels like playing a giant cock. Not just that but live music should hit you in the genitals. It might not if you don't use good amplifiers and your modelling shit goes straight out of the PA. But good music hits you HARD in the GENITALS.

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 9:26 am 

Actually, if my memory serves, Suffokate might be worth a second look. I remember their first album (I think it was called Oakland) being pure unacceptable deathcore that got through thanks to Witcher's complete lack of quality control on deathcore. I'll take another listen to them.
the reason your grandmother has all those plastic sheets on her furniture is because she is probably a squirter

Nikolas Chris
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 1:06 pm 

Why the band Armaggedon Deathmaster is blacklisted? Together with Sakhet, bot bands are Punkish, but are mainly metal.
I think this deserve a better solution than bannished them.

I have physhic material of both bands, I can say you guys, are wrong

Also if you need links to prove, contact me.

theunrelentingattack
Not yet ready for a custom title

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 2:43 pm 

AD was blacklisted last June for being punk. Anything come out since then? If so, send us a link to it please.

Helvede
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 3:05 am 

As far as I can tell, AD does not have any new releases out since then.

Wargnattallfihrr
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 6:49 am 

Hey guys,

I'd like to ask about the blacklisted status of Farson from Germany. Their latest album is going to be released tomorrow on the German label Revolvermann Records and to me it definetely has enough metal to it to be accepted in the archives. So, if the blacklisting was based on the older releases, maybe someone could listen to the new track right here and consider allowing it. That'd be great.

Thanks for your time.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 7:03 am 

It was blacklisted based on a part post-hardcore, part black metal release. No issue with that track, but the entire release for listening would be nice.

Wargnattallfihrr
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 7:49 am 

Maybe we get the chance to listen to it tomorrow. I can send a reminder once the whole album is up on bandcamp.

EDIT: Thanks, Azmodes!

EpicDismemberment
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 11:44 am 

The Manflows from Spain, this is their newest album. I'd like you guys to make a re-evaluation on it. Thanks.
https://themanflows.bandcamp.com/

EDIT: Why and when Coatl (Mex) was blacklisted? This is the first single off their upcoming demo.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNF8Lw3 ... e=youtu.be
Black/Thrash Metal/Crust?

Last edited by EpicDismemberment on Sat May 21, 2016 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
theneuromancer
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 1:21 pm 

I'm not trying to get Voodoo Church on the archives because two mods already rejected it but I was hoping you guys could at least address my point that I brought, namely, about the so called "metal riff" you guys require. I have always used this as a reference in deciding whether or not I should submit a band but If the opening guitar riff in the first song is not a metal riff then I don't know what is. If this is a "rock with modern production" then what is a Black Sabbath riff, say from the song "Into the Void"? Black Sabbath riffs are metal with old production and this is a rock riff with modern production? Sorry but I don't see how this is objectively valid. This to me sounds like a very stock unoriginal metal riff that could easily belong on a new Black Sabbath album, you have the single note "doom" chord progression, the "doom" vibrato, etc. Basically somebody needs to clarify this to me otherwise I have no fucking idea what a metal riff is anymore, if this band isn't metal I would HIGHLY appreciate a detailed answers as to exactly why it isn't metal so I can adjust bands that I submit in the future. Thanks!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZ249ujM8EA (song with the "non-metal" rock riff)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=811ZxuhgWl4

--> Old school heavy metal: http://www.madparish.com/

--> Experimental project: https://soundcloud.com/neuromancerwintermute

Opus
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 4:48 pm 

theneuromancer wrote:
If the opening guitar riff in the first song is not a metal riff then I don't know what is. [...]
"doom" chord progression,

It's not up to me to decide, but it seems like you answered your own question. That riff is not a riff, it's a chord progression

Mikhail95
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 10:33 pm 

Why isn't Emmure on this site? They are heavier than many of the bands that are on this site and trust me I listen to a good amount of death metal.

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 10:44 pm 

Being heavy =/= being metal.

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 10:47 pm 

EpicDismemberment wrote:
The Manflows from Spain, this is their newest album. I'd like you guys to make a re-evaluation on it. Thanks.

EDIT: Why and when Coatl (Mex) was blacklisted? This is the first single off their upcoming demo.

The Manflows was blacklisted a week ago as "heavy rock" and it sounds like some heavy stoner/blues rock to me. Similar to the Monster Magnet/Clutch type of things.

Looks like another band named Coatl is blacklisted, in addition to the one on the site. The blacklisted one is listed as "Gothic mallcore with a lethal dose of industrial and grunge." If you've got a full metal demo and they have a release out, either post here or PM me and I'll remove it so you can submit, then re-blacklist the mallcore band by the same name. Looks like there's also a heavy metal band on the archives by the same name, too.

mikey22 wrote:
Why isn't Emmure on this site? They are heavier than many of the bands that are on this site and trust me I listen to a good amount of death metal.

Heavy, but it's hardcore, not metal. Same thing as Hatebreed and any NYHC and moshcore band.

Neuromancer: Rather than nitpick, if you're looking to gain an understanding of the site's workings, read through the numerous explanations offered in this thread and forum. There isn't a technical definition for rules lawyers, but we've got at least a hundred solid explanations in this forum if you look.

EpicDismemberment
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 1:21 am 

EpicDismemberment wrote:

Zodijackyl wrote:
The Manflows was blacklisted a week ago as "heavy rock" and it sounds like some heavy stoner/blues rock to me. Similar to the Monster Magnet/Clutch type of things.

Thanks for the answer.

Zodijackyl wrote:
Looks like another band named Coatl is blacklisted, in addition to the one on the site. The blacklisted one is listed as "Gothic mallcore with a lethal dose of industrial and grunge." If you've got a full metal demo and they have a release out, either post here or PM me and I'll remove it so you can submit, then re-blacklist the mallcore band by the same name. Looks like there's also a heavy metal band on the archives by the same name, too.

Once their demo is out I will PM you directly, thanks.

OpsiusCato
Mexican Metal Inquisition

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 4:24 pm 

OpsiusCato wrote:
WhiteSwan wrote:
Hello, guys!
So, what's the status of Sylvaines case? :) @OpsiusCato

Haven't finished listening. I've not been able to yet. I'll get back to you on the matter.

EDIT: Yeah... I'm getting busier by the minute. I'll get back to you on the matter tomorrow.

Resubmit.
Opsius is Metal as fuck.

~Guest 385828
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 6:23 pm 

Quote:
It was blacklisted based on a part post-hardcore, part black metal release. No issue with that track, but the entire release for listening would be nice.

The full FARSON Album can be streamed here, at the moment: https://soundcloud.com/trvefrykt/sets/farson-erode
Pretty solid Post-Black Metal, I'd say.

Cheers.

OpsiusCato

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 8:35 pm 

Tlacaxipehualiztli wrote:
Mexican Dios Perro has been blacklisted. Could you tell me why?

Punk-based grind.
Opsius is Metal as fuck.

White Face
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 9:44 pm 

My band has been rejected and banned because I have no 20 minute release yesterday. I just happen to re-release my record and extend it from 13 minutes to 21 minutes, and that is acceptable. Here it is https://soundcloud.com/thewhitefaceofph ... re-release

Derigin
The Mountain Man

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 4:16 pm 

There is something you should understand about the way we work.

When you value being on MA, but do not care about being on MA, then we're inclined to accept. When you care about being on MA, but do not value what we stand for, then we're inclined to reject.

Truth is trying to accommodate our rules in your work doesn't convince us that your work is anything but an excuse to get on the site... and that's just disingenuous.

R.I.P. Diamhea 1987-2018
Live young, die free. Gone, but not forgotten.

MetalCuresHeadaches
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 2:46 am 

There's currently a "Bonedust (USA)" on the blacklist. Would it be this drone band, and what got them on the list?

BastardHead wrote:
Everybody sucks, especially you.

EpicDismemberment
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 2:47 am 

Hi,
Why was Ghold from UK blacklisted?

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 3:05 am 

MetalCuresHeadaches wrote:
There's currently a "Bonedust (USA)" on the blacklist. Would it be this drone band, and what got them on the list?

Prolly. Says "drone ambient".

EpicDismemberment wrote:
Hi,
Why was Ghold from UK blacklisted?

Sludgy drone/noise rock. (in April 2013)

White Face
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 6:27 am 

Derigin wrote:
There is something you should understand about the way we work.

When you value being on MA, but do not care about being on MA, then we're inclined to accept. When you care about being on MA, but do not value what we stand for, then we're inclined to reject.

Truth is trying to accommodate our rules in your work doesn't convince us that your work is anything but an excuse to get on the site... and that's just disingenuous.

So, can my band be unblacklisted now? I did follow the rule that the music must not sound like garage-made tracks. It was full length and recorded through a computer. Although, I couldn't find a professional producer 'cause my band is unsigned/independent. But if is not metal enough or you think it's garbage, there is no way that I can be in this website.

Mitchfynde
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 3:06 pm 

Any plan of un-blacklisting Kvelertak? It just seems ridiculous to me that a perfectly good black n roll band is blacklisted while there are proto-metal bands still on the website and whatnot. I'd also argue that Europe should be un-blacklisted, but I know that ain't happening.

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 3:37 pm 

Mitchfynde wrote:
Any plan of un-blacklisting Kvelertak? It just seems ridiculous to me that a perfectly good black n roll band is blacklisted while there are proto-metal bands still on the website and whatnot.

It has been discussed recently, and the decision was made to keep them blacklisted.
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

Antioch
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 8:52 pm 

Why's Sycamore3 blacklisted?
http://sycamore3.bandcamp.com/

OpsiusCato

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 9:05 pm 

The one from Puerto Rico? For being Depressing industrial/doomy ambient with little-to-none Metal.
Opsius is Metal as fuck.

Antioch
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 9:14 pm 

Thanks, OC. The blacklisting must be as old as 2013 then. Is that so?
Those are metal, I believe.
http://sycamore3.bandcamp.com/album/wat ... aster-2014
http://sycamore3.bandcamp.com/album/nihil
Moved from Puerto Rico to the States.

OpsiusCato

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 9:18 pm 

It's actually blacklisted twice in 2013 as a Puerto Rican band and once in 2014 as a US band. Anything post-2014?
Opsius is Metal as fuck.

Antioch
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 9:46 pm 

Not that I'm aware of, OC. However, the first Bandcamp link is a remaster of their debut (1996). The band says it started as a black metal project, and the album sounds just that, black metal. Here's the link again:
http://sycamore3.bandcamp.com/album/wat ... aster-2014 (released in April 2014, the other album was released in March 2014)

Shivered
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 10:24 am 

My band rejected for a very confusing reason, this is the email I got after my submission got rejected :

" Sorry Shivered, Encyclopaedia Metallum was forced to reject your submission for the band Shivered (Iran), for the following reason:

The band you have submitted was already submitted by another user (possibly shortly before you and thus was not yet approved), and therefore your submission has been deleted to avoid a duplicate entry. We apologize for the inconvenience, but please don't let that stop you from contributing again. In the future, make sure you check the band queue before making a submission. Thank you for your comprehension. "

I'm sure that no one would submit my band here and I never did it myself twice, so why my band got rejected? What should I do ? Can I submit it again?

~Guest 385828
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 10:41 am 

since I was wondering about the blacklisting of german Farson too - i would like to know if they will get unblacklisted.
the Split with (...) was the first physikal release nad the first release as an actual band which came out via indonesia.
as far as i know the first digital release (that hardcore one) was one-piece studio thing.

Thx,
Rizky

Jangover1
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 10:58 am 

Hi, the band Høbo had been blacklisted when I submitted it like 5 months ago for being more Rock than Metal. Since then, they released a new Full-length album which for me sounds more Metal, I'd like you to review it, and if you agree, I'd be able to submit it, thank you!

https://hobometal.bandcamp.com/

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 11:54 am 

Shivered wrote:
My band rejected for a very confusing reason, this is the email I got after my submission got rejected :

" Sorry Shivered, Encyclopaedia Metallum was forced to reject your submission for the band Shivered (Iran), for the following reason:

The band you have submitted was already submitted by another user (possibly shortly before you and thus was not yet approved), and therefore your submission has been deleted to avoid a duplicate entry. We apologize for the inconvenience, but please don't let that stop you from contributing again. In the future, make sure you check the band queue before making a submission. Thank you for your comprehension. "

I'm sure that no one would submit my band here and I never did it myself twice, so why my band got rejected? What should I do ? Can I submit it again?

Nothing confusing about it, another user submitted the band shortly before you did, so there was no point in having two submissions of the same band pending in the queue. If you're worried about "page ownership", be aware that whoever submits a band doesn't have any special powers over the entry. The site collects and documents facts, it does not host promotional pages run by the bands themselves. Please do not submit it again, the other draft will be dealt with eventually.

Rizkan666 wrote:
since I was wondering about the blacklisting of german Farson too - i would like to know if they will get unblacklisted.
the Split with (...) was the first physikal release nad the first release as an actual band which came out via indonesia.
as far as i know the first digital release (that hardcore one) was one-piece studio thing.

Thx,
Rizky

This is acceptable, but it's not released yet. Post again on the 27th and the band will be whitelisted.

Jangover1 wrote:
Hi, the band Høbo had been blacklisted when I submitted it like 5 months ago for being more Rock than Metal. Since then, they released a new Full-length album which for me sounds more Metal, I'd like you to review it, and if you agree, I'd be able to submit it, thank you!

https://hobometal.bandcamp.com/

Whitelisted.

Shivered
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 12:44 pm 

Azmodes wrote:
Shivered wrote:

Nothing confusing about it, another user submitted the band shortly before you did, so there was no point in having two submissions of the same band pending in the queue. If you're worried about "page ownership", be aware that whoever submits a band doesn't have any special powers over the entry. The site collects and documents facts, it does not host promotional pages run by the bands themselves. Please do not submit it again, the other draft will be dealt with eventually.

No one has accurate information about the band as much as I do because I'm founder of the band, so please accept my submission over the other if it's possible.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 1:16 pm 

If there are any errors or inaccuracies on the page, you can use the report function. If there are any gaps, you can fill them in.

Nearlife123
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 9:16 pm 

My band Product of Rape has been submitted twice on the site, and turned down twice. This is a side project of mine that was started in 2012. We made 50 copies of our 3 song demo on cdr which we pressed ourselves, sent 20 of those copies to Sevared Records to be distributed free with purchases through the label. Since then, we've only had our MP3s available for free download on reverbnation, and linked through our facebook page.

I understand that the rules of this website have been modified to include bands that do not have a physical release. The reason for my band's rejection is that "there is no evidence of a physical release". The first time we were rejected, I sent a picture of one of the homemade cdrs. For whatever reason, the moderator told us this was not proof enough of a physical release (even though physical releases are no longer required).

Please reconsider adding our band. We're an actual band, with three actual people as members, with an actual demo.

www.facebook.com/sonomacountyPOR

White Face
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 2:11 am 

I think nobody payed attention to my posts. Oh well, It's time to leave MA.

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 3:04 am 

White Face wrote:
I think nobody payed attention to my posts. Oh well, It's time to leave MA.

You totally missed the point of what Derigin was inferring with his response.
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1 ... 382, 383, 384, 385, 386, 387, 388 ... 541  Next