Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Shyft_VahtiDahl
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:20 pm 

Hey, guys! I understand why my submission of the band Red Ankh was rejected, and can agree with the 'none of the releases are mainly metal' issue. My question now is, since an album that I believe is predominantly metal was released last year, can Red Ankh qualify for a second submission? To get an idea of my reasoning, this two and a half hour double album contains one sort of classical intro track, one outro that sounds like synth rock to me, and four neofolk interludes; all of these songs are less than four minutes in length. There is also a five minute remix. The rest of the album strikes me as symphonic metal, gothic metal, and black metal.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:22 pm 

Hello again. Well, link to the album here and we'll check it out.

Shyft_VahtiDahl
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:41 pm 

Hey again, Azmodes! Do you mean a link to the album where it can be streamed? Here's that: http://redankh.bandcamp.com/album/shadow

_Hades_
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:53 am 

Hi there.
I have a little issue with a band called Illusory from Greece, which I had added and was rejected " for the following reason:
This band doesn't yet have original material, the album is just a re-recording of this one: http://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Th ... wer/138320"

First of all (and most important), the 2006 album was recorded with self production, without a company and with a different line up (bass player, drummer). The 2013 album was produced by Liapakis.
By listening to the songs of both albums you can easily find out that they are completely different recordings (even all the songs durations are different). In a way you can think of it as Operation Mindcrime and Operation Livecrime of Queensryche where the songs are the same but the albums are different.
The band "The Ivory Tower" changed their name due to the german band called "Ivory Tower" and started from the very beginning from zero. Therefore I would like to have the moderator's agreement to resubmit the band again.

PS. Not that it really concerns you I suppose, but for the past 10 years that I submit bands I have never submitted a fake band. For further information you could get in touch either with me or even better with the band. I'd like toy to know that metal archives is really important for small bands to get a little bit known.
Thank you in advance.

TheLoneForest
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:14 pm 

My band "Lovedrown" has been rejected and blacklisted for being an ambient band.

Please take a look at my new EP and please check if it still is ambient. I directed it more towards Post-Metal/Shoegaze.

I would love to add my project to this site.

Thanks.

vigaljot
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:23 pm 

Hello there, was just wondering why the band Aghast with their release "Hexerei im Zwielicht der Finsternis" is no longer on MA.
One of the artists involved (Andrea Haugen Meyer) is still on the site for other bands (Hagalaz´Runedance for instance).
The deletion of Aghast could not depend on the fact that it´s not metal, since the same applies to Hagalaz´Runedance.
I would suppose that Andrea Haugen with Hagalaz´Runedance stays on the site because of her involvment in metal bands (Cradle
of Filth and others.....).
So the questions stands: why was Aghast deleted?

PS I do apologize for getting this in the wrong place twice, I do not post here very often nowadays.....

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:38 pm 

Shyft_VahtiDahl wrote:
Hey again, Azmodes! Do you mean a link to the album where it can be streamed? Here's that: http://redankh.bandcamp.com/album/shadow

Huh, this sounds acceptable for the most part. You can submit it.

vigaljot wrote:
Hello there, was just wondering why the band Aghast with their release "Hexerei im Zwielicht der Finsternis" is no longer on MA.
One of the artists involved (Andrea Haugen Meyer) is still on the site for other bands (Hagalaz´Runedance for instance).
The deletion of Aghast could not depend on the fact that it´s not metal, since the same applies to Hagalaz´Runedance.
I would suppose that Andrea Haugen with Hagalaz´Runedance stays on the site because of her involvment in metal bands (Cradle
of Filth and others.....).
So the questions stands: why was Aghast deleted?

PS I do apologize for getting this in the wrong place twice, I do not post here very often nowadays.....

We've been (and still are) re-reviewing all the non-metal exceptions/SPs these last few months. I can't comment on Aghast (dunno the reasoning/circumstances of their deletion), but there is the possibility that Hagalaz' Runedance will be re-evaluated and deleted as well.

Also sorry for my rather irritated tone in the other thread.

_Hades_ wrote:
Hi there.
I have a little issue with a band called Illusory from Greece, which I had added and was rejected " for the following reason:
This band doesn't yet have original material, the album is just a re-recording of this one: http://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Th ... wer/138320"

First of all (and most important), the 2006 album was recorded with self production, without a company and with a different line up (bass player, drummer). The 2013 album was produced by Liapakis.
By listening to the songs of both albums you can easily find out that they are completely different recordings (even all the songs durations are different). In a way you can think of it as Operation Mindcrime and Operation Livecrime of Queensryche where the songs are the same but the albums are different.
The band "The Ivory Tower" changed their name due to the german band called "Ivory Tower" and started from the very beginning from zero. Therefore I would like to have the moderator's agreement to resubmit the band again.

PS. Not that it really concerns you I suppose, but for the past 10 years that I submit bands I have never submitted a fake band. For further information you could get in touch either with me or even better with the band. I'd like toy to know that metal archives is really important for small bands to get a little bit known.
Thank you in advance.

We're currently discussing this, I (or someone else) will post when there's a decision on how to handle cases such as this.

Shyft_VahtiDahl
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:44 pm 

Okay, Azmodes. Thanks for taking the time to check it over!

lucasgroff
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:48 pm 

I don't understood why my "project" of Ofdrykkja was rejected.

TheLoneForest
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:54 pm 

Sorry. I forgot to add the link

http://lovedrown.bandcamp.com/

Please check if it may be added to the Archives.

Thanks!

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:17 pm 

Azmodes wrote:
_Hades_ wrote:
Hi there.

Thank you in advance.

We're currently discussing this, I (or someone else) will post when there's a decision on how to handle cases such as this.

Alright, we've decided that if it's a complete re-recording, then it's valid. You can resubmit the band. Nevermind, an earlier submission of the band has been restored.

TheLoneForest wrote:
My band "Lovedrown" has been rejected and blacklisted for being an ambient band.

Please take a look at my new EP and please check if it still is ambient. I directed it more towards Post-Metal/Shoegaze.

I would love to add my project to this site.

Thanks.

I hear very little (last track) to no (the rest) metal in this.

lucasgroff wrote:
I don't understood why my "project" of Ofdrykkja was rejected.

The band has been submitted at least five times by five different users and the reason for rejection was always the apparent lack of a valid release. Does the band have anything released that meets our criteria? If so, then provide evidence for it here.

ivol
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:46 am 

Hi

I tried to add my band Plebeian Grandstand yesterday and it was rejected
this is black metal and we have 4 valid records distributed worldwide
I red the first post and the rules and I still don't understand
Would you take a few moments to explain it to me ?

thank you

ivol

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:09 am 

What I heard wasn't very metal, more along the lines of Converge-like hardcore and noise with maybe some black metal overtones.

import3dguest
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:53 pm 

Why was the band The Immortal Destroyer rejected? They are probably one of the best experimental black metal bands out there right now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_s60LGHZRo

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:59 pm 

This band was rejected for the following reason:

Not a metal band; does not belong on Encyclopaedia Metallum. Please read (or re-read) our rules next time to see what qualifies as metal.

import3dguest
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:00 pm 

But they are a metal band. Whoever rejected it must not have listened to them.

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:52 pm 

There's no valid release either. Don't waste our time.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:14 pm 

Go troll somewhere else, if you would be so kind.

_Hades_
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:06 am 

Azmodes wrote:
Azmodes wrote:

Alright, we've decided that if it's a complete re-recording, then it's valid. You can resubmit the band. Nevermind, an earlier submission of the band has been restored.

Thank you. You're really helping the band this way.

Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:20 am 

Kronoma was rejected and blacklisted for being pop punk.

This http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWqOV7HNl08

Are you fucking kidding me?

domluciferum
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:23 pm 

Hey guys, maybe you remember the band Circus of Fools being rejected 2012 for being industrial rock (still not so sure where you got that from, but ok, i respect your decisions). Despite that, a new release is up and running and i kinda think, you guys should reconsider the metalness of this band, listen to the new songs here: http://circusoffools.bandcamp.com. If you're still not agreeing that this is a metal band, than i promise i won't bother again! ;)

The_Black_Priest
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:37 am 

Was any Indian bands deleted recently?

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:21 am 

555777 wrote:
Kronoma was rejected and blacklisted for being pop punk.

This http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWqOV7HNl08

Are you fucking kidding me?

Yeah, I remember that band, though someone else ended up rejecting them. Another track of theirs was pure pop-punk, yet another one is a The Police cover. The one you linked sounds okay to me, but eh, ... I'd really like to check the whole release at this point. Is there any way to listen to it all?

domluciferum wrote:
Hey guys, maybe you remember the band Circus of Fools being rejected 2012 for being industrial rock (still not so sure where you got that from, but ok, i respect your decisions). Despite that, a new release is up and running and i kinda think, you guys should reconsider the metalness of this band, listen to the new songs here: http://circusoffools.bandcamp.com. If you're still not agreeing that this is a metal band, than i promise i won't bother again! ;)

Maybe, but kind of difficult to say based on one 2-song EP. Report back when the band releases something more substantial, preferably a full-length.

The_Black_Priest wrote:
Was any Indian bands deleted recently?

For what it's worth, not that I know of. Maybe a band just had their country of origin changed.

hells_unicorn
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:24 pm 

I submitted the band The Redhead Project, a symphonic metal project for the website and included a link to Amazon for proof of release, and also a link to the project's Youtube page, which has 2 entire songs from the album available for review. The rejection notice I got mentioned the Amazon clips being insufficient, but did not reference the Youtube page despite the link being included with the rest of the band's information. Were the 2 songs included on the Youtube page also insufficient? I was given a promo CD for review on The Metal Observer so I can vouch for the authenticity of the album's metal credentials, though I'm not sure if it's okay to share that with a mod to get approval of the band.
Ominous Glory Facebook

My reviews.

R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio (July 14, 1942 - May 16, 2010)

Terrion666
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:47 am 

Azmodes wrote:
Neither of those songs is on the split. Unless they are featured on any other releases, we need to listen to the two tracks on the split.

I've found the two tracks on the split... as you can see Suicide Movement it's pure DSBM. I hope now I can resubmit it ;-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fr_DPgLLjjc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPGyfEQ9sH0

Malediktum
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:59 am 

[del]

Last edited by Malediktum on Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:07 am 

Azmodes wrote:
Yeah, I remember that band, though someone else ended up rejecting them. Another track of theirs was pure pop-punk, yet another one is a The Police cover. The one you linked sounds okay to me, but eh, ... I'd really like to check the whole release at this point. Is there any way to listen to it all?

Unfortunately you should ask them for their ep, buying by contacting them through their FB page. Or maybe trying to ask for other tracks for free. If I do by myself, they won't let me listen to their ep for free. If you do presenting yourself as a Metal-Archives moderator, maybe something would be different, idk anyway.

herra_af_lik
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:57 am 

Just wondering what happened to this band. They were in the Band queue the other day and I downloaded their EP from Bandcamp. Go back today and I'm guessing they were rejected?

https://www.facebook.com/C.H.U.D.Official/info
http://chudgrind.bandcamp.com/album/horror-fiends-ep

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:41 pm 

hells_unicorn wrote:
I submitted the band The Redhead Project, a symphonic metal project for the website and included a link to Amazon for proof of release, and also a link to the project's Youtube page, which has 2 entire songs from the album available for review. The rejection notice I got mentioned the Amazon clips being insufficient, but did not reference the Youtube page despite the link being included with the rest of the band's information. Were the 2 songs included on the Youtube page also insufficient? I was given a promo CD for review on The Metal Observer so I can vouch for the authenticity of the album's metal credentials, though I'm not sure if it's okay to share that with a mod to get approval of the band.

Ah sorry, I missed those Youtube songs. Go ahead and resubmit.

Terrion666 wrote:
Azmodes wrote:
Neither of those songs is on the split. Unless they are featured on any other releases, we need to listen to the two tracks on the split.

I've found the two tracks on the split... as you can see Suicide Movement it's pure DSBM. I hope now I can resubmit it ;-)

This is really sparse. Half of it is just intros, the rest very basic riffing. Not my forte, I'll leave this one to a more experienced mod when it comes to DSBM.

Malediktum wrote:
Currently blacklisted band "Княжая Пустынь" (Knyazhaya Pustyn') from Russia released their second full-length album: http://knyazhayapustyn.bandcamp.com/album/--3
http://www.ebay.com/itm/KNYAZHAIJA-PUST ... 1268988137
I think, it contains more and enough metal (about 50/50) than the mostly ambient first album. [..] Is this group perhaps worthy to get into the Encyclopedia?

50/50 is hardly "more than enough" if the band is borderline/unacceptable to begin with. I wouldn't call this album acceptable either. Skimmed through the first half and found maybe one black metal track so far. EDIT: Yeah no.

Malediktum wrote:
Also, one of the vocalists playes in the band "Pressor", which has a world distribution now.

Irrelevant.

555777 wrote:
Azmodes wrote:

Unfortunately you should ask them for their ep, buying by contacting them through their FB page. Or maybe trying to ask for other tracks for free. If I do by myself, they won't let me listen to their ep for free. If you do presenting yourself as a Metal-Archives moderator, maybe something would be different, idk anyway.

Well, that's not really the staff's job. We can't go around contacting every band, let alone buy their stuff, to verify a submission. The burden of proof lies with the submitting user. Perhaps someone else will feel like getting in touch with the band about this (maybe even a mod volunteer), but as it is the "metalness" if this band is not really proven to us. That may sound pompous, but if you consider that we have one metal song, one pop-punk song and one non-metal cover available, I think that's a pretty reasonable assessment. The band even describes themselves as "punk/metal", so who knows which one they really fall under.

herra_af_lik wrote:
Just wondering what happened to this band. They were in the Band queue the other day and I downloaded their EP from Bandcamp. Go back today and I'm guessing they were rejected?

https://www.facebook.com/C.H.U.D.Official/info
http://chudgrind.bandcamp.com/album/horror-fiends-ep

Hmmmmm, I think I asked Alhadis to check them and he rejected them for being too much on the punk/noise side of grindcore/goregrind (whichever applies) etc...

hells_unicorn
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:46 pm 

Completely understandable, I went over the draft before resubmitting it and from now on I'll include the URL for the music in the Mod notes rather than just a reference to it. This is my first band submission in over 4 years so it seems I'm a bit rusty. lol
Ominous Glory Facebook

My reviews.

R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio (July 14, 1942 - May 16, 2010)

theunrelentingattack
Not yet ready for a custom title

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:55 pm 

Terrion666 wrote:
Azmodes wrote:

DSBM is my forte. "Pure DSBM" - no, i wouldn't call it that. That first track is borderline. Strip away the screams and it doesn't convince me. The second track is okay to me. But that's 50/50 and that second one has a long ambient into, so right now I'd say no. But if there's more out there, I'll listen tomorrow.

Terrion666
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:41 pm 

theunrelentingattack wrote:
DSBM is my forte. "Pure DSBM" - no, i wouldn't call it that. That first track is borderline. Strip away the screams and it doesn't convince me. The second track is okay to me. But that's 50/50 and that second one has a long ambient into, so right now I'd say no. But if there's more out there, I'll listen tomorrow.

Ok, I don't think the same but I undertand that's the word of a mod. If there's new material I'll show you to submit it ;-)

mugros666
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:07 pm 

I tryied to add a band called Apocalipsis from mexico city and it appears that the band was rejected but i guess that
this is another apocalipsis so my request it´s for this band.-

Apocalipsis(mexico city)
Sludge Metal / experimental

http://apocalipsis.bandcamp.com/
https://www.facebook.com/Apocalipsisband?fref=ts

Current label
http://losgrises.bandcamp.com/album/apocalipsis

Best Regards.

theunrelentingattack
Not yet ready for a custom title

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:27 pm 

mugros666 wrote:
I tryied to add a band called Apocalipsis from mexico city and it appears that the band was rejected but i guess that
this is another apocalipsis so my request it´s for this band.-

Apocalipsis(mexico city)
Sludge Metal / experimental

https://www.facebook.com/Apocalipsisband?fref=ts

Current label
http://losgrises.bandcamp.com/album/apocalipsis

Best Regards.

Nope, same band and it will remain blacklisted. First album isn't metal, new EP is streaming only, isn't nearly long enough to be considered a valid release and also is borderline.

~Guest 13913
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:57 pm 

I tried to submit a band whose draft is in the link below, and received the following feedback from moderator:

" Do you know how many copies were made ​​of Those tapes ? Being distributed How Were They ? "

Submission - BAPHOMETH (Porto Alegre, RS, Brazil)

http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Bap ... 3540376894

Sorry, but is this really a fair reason to deny the submission of a band?

This band was one of the forerunners of modern Black Metal in my country, and featured members of an even older band called Possessor. As a proof of its existence, I uploaded a file with a complete demo-tape, and do you still doubt its existence? I sent covers, photos, what do you still need?

This band was well known in the Brazilian underground in the early 90s and since they were extremely obscure, a scarce amount copies of the original tapes were distributed at the time. This fact does not prevent, in the actual digital age, that it becomes a little more known - and recognized for its historical value.

Will you actually ban it?

I have been submitted bands to this forum since 2004, don't I have the necessary credibility to add bands yet?

I'm really disappointed with this website, since the accuracy of some moderators seem to be higher than in a scientific journal of high impact factor.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:05 pm 

Huh? I was just asking for some clarification, not rejecting it outright. I don't doubt that the band existed and that your info is legitimate. Nothing has been banned or blacklisted at this point. Sorry to disappoint you by trying to get a better picture of the band.

The point is that sometimes these demos were just private rehearsal recordings or such and not really distributed in sufficient numbers, if at all. Not really much of a release, and we don't consider later unofficial 3rd-party copying applicable for an official release. In this case, it would depend on what exactly is meant with a "scarce amount", though I guess it's probably acceptable all things considered.

~Guest 13913
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:29 pm 

"Sorry HASHCLOUD, Encyclopaedia Metallum was forced to reject your submission for the band Baphometh (Brazil), for the following reason:
Do you know how many copies were made of those tapes? How were they being distributed?
If you want to object to this rejection, please do so in the appropriate thread in the Suggestions and Complaints sub-forum. Do not e-mail moderators directly about this.
Sincerely,
- Azmodes, Encyclopaedia Metallum"

So...

1) Foundation member Marcos "Fallen Angel" says that about 50 copies of each demo were originally dubbed from masters tapes.
2) I don't have a better picture now; unfortunately all pics available date from the early 90's and were took with a very simple camera.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:47 pm 

HASHCLOUD wrote:
"Sorry HASHCLOUD, Encyclopaedia Metallum was forced to reject your submission for the band Baphometh (Brazil), for the following reason:
Do you know how many copies were made of those tapes? How were they being distributed?
If you want to object to this rejection, please do so in the appropriate thread in the Suggestions and Complaints sub-forum. Do not e-mail moderators directly about this.
Sincerely,
- Azmodes, Encyclopaedia Metallum"

So...

Well, I wouldn't take the use of the word "rejection" in the email to heart. That's automated, what I actually wrote in the middle is the important part.

HASHCLOUD wrote:
1) Foundation member Marcos "Fallen Angel" says that about 50 copies of each demo were originally dubbed from masters tapes.
2) I don't have a better picture now; unfortunately all pics available date from the early 90's and were took with a very simple camera.

Alright, restored.

Nagaarum
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:17 pm 

Nagaarum was rejected many times.
But in this month was released a black metal album by Nagaarum, and physical copies are ready for spread.
Evidence:
http://nagaarum.com/megjelent.php
Maybe this time could I register the Nagaarum in the Metal Archives?
Sorry for my awful English skill :-S

TheLoneForest
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:11 pm 

Hello,

My band "A Perfect Day" was rejected because my Full-Length wasn't released as of the time when I submitted it. If I change the release date to today then can I submit it again?

N.G.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1 ... 256, 257, 258, 259, 260, 261, 262 ... 541  Next