Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 



Reply to topic  
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Azmodes
Ultranaut

Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:44 am
Posts: 5721
Location: Gradec, Austria
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:16 am 
 

Yeah, might be nice to have. I have posted about it in the internal forum.
_________________
Quote:
One Too Many Camel was rejected on the basis that it was not metal.

Last.fm | Collection

Top
 Profile  
nekurat
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2003 1:16 pm
Posts: 8
Location: France
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:18 am 
 

nekurat wrote:
Hello

Request about MYTHRIM's reject : "Please show proof that this release is already out. The label still lists it as upcoming. (if you own it, take pics)
Also you need to provide samples to prove their metalness"

Proof that this release is already out :
Spoiler: show
Image


Sample to prove their metalness : https://soundcloud.com/nekurat/mythrim- ... terribilis

With Best regards
Nekurat

Music is okay, but as droneriot said, it's difficult to make out anything on that photo. I suppose that's an open digipak with front and backcover showing? Could you please provide a clearer photo with the inside shown as well (CD visible)?

.[/quote]

Here is the opened 45t with the inside :
Image

With best regards
Nekurat

Top
 Profile  
Azmodes
Ultranaut

Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:44 am
Posts: 5721
Location: Gradec, Austria
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:40 am 
 

Oh, vinyl. That's alright, you can resubmit the band.
_________________
Quote:
One Too Many Camel was rejected on the basis that it was not metal.

Last.fm | Collection

Top
 Profile  
nekurat
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2003 1:16 pm
Posts: 8
Location: France
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:01 pm 
 

Azmodes wrote:
Oh, vinyl. That's alright, you can resubmit the band.


Thanks mate. I do immediatly.

Top
 Profile  
Ace of Skios
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:12 pm
Posts: 2
Location: United States
PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:44 pm 
 

I would like to inquire about why Demon Hunter is blacklisted. I am new and I very recently joined to specifically put this band on and learn about more great bands. All I need is a sort of explanation, if that is ok with you. Thank you for reading.

Top
 Profile  
MutantClannfear
Metalhead

Joined: Thu May 27, 2010 12:12 am
Posts: 2179
Location: United States
PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:49 pm 
 

Ace of Skios wrote:
I would like to inquire about why Demon Hunter is blacklisted. I am new and I very recently joined to specifically put this band on and learn about more great bands. All I need is a sort of explanation, if that is ok with you. Thank you for reading.

viewtopic.php?p=2148006#p2148006
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=89126&p=2043769#p2043769
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=64985&p=2038486#p2038486
_________________
Glass Shrine | melodic raw black metal, first demo coming soonish
TrogDawn wrote:
Azmodes wrote:
What's with the orange, dude?

Personal trademark. I've been posting in orange since I started frequenting forums in 2002. You'll always remember me because I'm the guy who posts in orange

Top
 Profile  
Ace of Skios
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:12 pm
Posts: 2
Location: United States
PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:51 pm 
 

Ok, thank you. Sorry for my disturbence

Top
 Profile  
FalseProphet666
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:20 pm
Posts: 1
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:08 am 
 

Purulent Rites from Hungary was rejected.
Below you can find the photo of their " '13 " pro-tape released by Gravplass Propaganda (GRAV 003)
http://www.gravplass.blogspot.no

photo:
Image

Youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8J1Lh0zZ3Io

Top
 Profile  
Metantoine
The XVI, dominar to over 258714 subjects

Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:00 pm
Posts: 8609
Location: Québec
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:33 am 
 

You can resubmit!
_________________
Metantoine's Magickal Realm
Last.fm
Halberd (doom/death)

Top
 Profile  
FLIPPITYFLOOP
Metal newbie

Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:09 pm
Posts: 258
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:13 am 
 

I'm interested to know, what do you guys think of the Norwegian band Shining? I know they were rejected from the archives when Blackjazz was released, but what about now, with their new album One One One? I've heard some stuff from that album and it sounds more like a conventional metal album while still having the experimental jazz elements. What do you guys think?
_________________
VRR wrote:
I was thinking mainly about the one Turn of the wheel which is about the seasons on whatever album it was. I doubt it is any more profound in Ukrainian, seeing as the meaning is something like "Summer is hot/Winter is not/Spring-a-ding-a-ling/Autumn I forgot."

Top
 Profile  
Azmodes
Ultranaut

Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:44 am
Posts: 5721
Location: Gradec, Austria
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:31 am 
 

I have no idea what to think since you didn't provide any music from the album you say is metal enough. :)
_________________
Quote:
One Too Many Camel was rejected on the basis that it was not metal.

Last.fm | Collection

Top
 Profile  
FLIPPITYFLOOP
Metal newbie

Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:09 pm
Posts: 258
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:01 pm 
 

Azmodes wrote:
I have no idea what to think since you didn't provide any music from the album you say is metal enough. :)


My bad, I wasn't sure if there were mods that already heard them considering they aren't just a random unheard 1-demo band.

Here's a link to their soundcloud, there are a few songs from the album you can check out.
https://soundcloud.com/shining/theoneinside

To ME it sounds more metal, but it's up to you guys if they are metal enough for the archives. It's not like I had a submission ready, I was just curious.

EDIT: Despite their last album being titled "Blackjazz," I'd consider this to be a closer to industrial. Again, personal opinion.
_________________
VRR wrote:
I was thinking mainly about the one Turn of the wheel which is about the seasons on whatever album it was. I doubt it is any more profound in Ukrainian, seeing as the meaning is something like "Summer is hot/Winter is not/Spring-a-ding-a-ling/Autumn I forgot."

Top
 Profile  
Athianaged
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:51 am
Posts: 2
Location: Ukraine
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:41 pm 
 

Hello.
I am Xasthuriath, a person behind the project Life's Illusion. It has been on hold for a while, but recently I brought it back to life and released physical copies. I was trying to submit a band and it turned out it is blacklisted.
I am wondering why did that happen.

Top
 Profile  
Azmodes
Ultranaut

Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:44 am
Posts: 5721
Location: Gradec, Austria
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:55 pm 
 

Shining: Huh, jazz influences? This sounds like spastic Static-X meets Marilyn Manson. Definitely not metal.

Life's Illusion: Based on the material I found on Youtube, it's primarily dark ambient/acoustic.
_________________
Quote:
One Too Many Camel was rejected on the basis that it was not metal.

Last.fm | Collection

Top
 Profile  
FLIPPITYFLOOP
Metal newbie

Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:09 pm
Posts: 258
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:38 pm 
 

The Shining album Blackjazz has lots of jazz influence as well as guest vocals from Grutle Kjellson. This album, not so much. Not that it really matters because that album was rejected anyways.
_________________
VRR wrote:
I was thinking mainly about the one Turn of the wheel which is about the seasons on whatever album it was. I doubt it is any more profound in Ukrainian, seeing as the meaning is something like "Summer is hot/Winter is not/Spring-a-ding-a-ling/Autumn I forgot."

Top
 Profile  
Athianaged
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:51 am
Posts: 2
Location: Ukraine
PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:29 am 
 

It is not.
here you can check the videos of earlier and latest tracks by Life's Illusion, which are depressive black metal. This project has never been dark ambient/acoustic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdbP9NsdTIA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPtg4WBDPHY

Top
 Profile  
roikaully
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:30 am
Posts: 2
Location: Israel
PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:42 am 
 

why did Shining from norway get blacklisted? what can i do to get it submitted?
i read the rules but i didn't find anything about the subject, if i missed it apologies.

Top
 Profile  
droneriot
RETIRED

Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2004 1:17 pm
Posts: 5238
Location: Germany
PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:48 am 
 

I recommend scrolling up a little bit.
_________________
http://www.last.fm/user/droneriot
Join my death/doom group on Last.fm!!
My blog: http://droneriot.blogspot.de/
Alpha Drone at Bandcamp: http://alphadrone.bandcamp.com

Top
 Profile  
Funeral_Inception
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:27 pm
Posts: 3
Location: Czech Republic
PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:40 pm 
 

Quote:
Sorry, this band has been blacklisted by the moderation and can no longer be submitted.
If you think this is an error, please ask in this forum thread. Attempting to circumvent the blacklist is a bannable offense. Thank you.

OK, it has been there so many times (and it will be for sure) ... Why the band I submitted had been blacklisted even before it was visible for anyone ... ?

They are not metal enough ???

Thanks in advance for reply explaining the reason for this pre-action.

Top
 Profile  
Zodijackyl
Lazy Wizard

Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:39 pm
Posts: 4801
Location: United States
PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:05 am 
 

Funeral_Inception wrote:
Quote:
Sorry, this band has been blacklisted by the moderation and can no longer be submitted.
If you think this is an error, please ask in this forum thread. Attempting to circumvent the blacklist is a bannable offense. Thank you.

OK, it has been there so many times (and it will be for sure) ... Why the band I submitted had been blacklisted even before it was visible for anyone ... ?

They are not metal enough ???

Thanks in advance for reply explaining the reason for this pre-action.


Another user submitted it before you and it was rejected. I'll give it a listen, I'm well seasoned in metalcore and hardcore.

Update: It's a close call, some tracks are on the borderline of acceptable metalcore, but at least 3-4 of them are predominantly hardcore with some metal. The rules require that a release be predominantly metal, and this is not. Hardcore mixed with metal, but not predominantly metal.

Top
 Profile  
Funeral_Inception
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:27 pm
Posts: 3
Location: Czech Republic
PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:19 am 
 

Zodijackyl wrote:
It's a close call, some tracks are on the borderline of acceptable metalcore, but at least 3-4 of them are predominantly hardcore with some metal. The rules require that a release be predominantly metal, and this is not. Hardcore mixed with metal, but not predominantly metal.
If you take away the lead vocals - is it really more hardcore then metal? In my opinon the vocals is the punk element in DKV's mixture. They were never close to hardcore in any way. There is less brakedowns than in Dying Fetus / Suffocation. But if SlipKnot, most deathcore and modern progressive metal (djent) is not metal enough then it is not a surprise that DKV had been rejected.

Top
 Profile  
Zodijackyl
Lazy Wizard

Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:39 pm
Posts: 4801
Location: United States
PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:22 am 
 

Yes, the guitar riffing is more hardcore than metal.

Top
 Profile  
Azmodes
Ultranaut

Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:44 am
Posts: 5721
Location: Gradec, Austria
PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:33 pm 
 

Athianaged wrote:
It is not.
here you can check the videos of earlier and latest tracks by Life's Illusion, which are depressive black metal. This project has never been dark ambient/acoustic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdbP9NsdTIA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPtg4WBDPHY

The first track is not metal in any shape or form. The second one has some discernible riffing, but it doesn't appear to be on the tape release, while the first song linked is. The other track on the tape is also not metal. The unreleased material of a band doesn't interest us, what is important is a consistently metallic release.
_________________
Quote:
One Too Many Camel was rejected on the basis that it was not metal.

Last.fm | Collection

Top
 Profile  
YADF
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Tue May 08, 2012 11:52 am
Posts: 12
Location: United States
PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:05 pm 
 

why is BornBroken blacklisted??? Tried to add them and got that message.

Top
 Profile  
Azmodes
Ultranaut

Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:44 am
Posts: 5721
Location: Gradec, Austria
PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:08 pm 
 

Blacklist note says it's more hardcore than metal.
_________________
Quote:
One Too Many Camel was rejected on the basis that it was not metal.

Last.fm | Collection

Top
 Profile  
YADF
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Tue May 08, 2012 11:52 am
Posts: 12
Location: United States
PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:42 pm 
 

Azmodes wrote:
Blacklist note says it's more hardcore than metal.


Fair enough. Maybe they've changed their sound. If you check out these songs, especially "Control" you may reconsider. I hear metal riffs, even a guitar solo. No breakdowns, et http://www.reverbnation.com/bornbrokenmusic

Top
 Profile  
Zodijackyl
Lazy Wizard

Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:39 pm
Posts: 4801
Location: United States
PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:18 pm 
 

YADF wrote:
Azmodes wrote:
Blacklist note says it's more hardcore than metal.


Fair enough. Maybe they've changed their sound. If you check out these songs, especially "Control" you may reconsider. I hear metal riffs, even a guitar solo. No breakdowns, et http://www.reverbnation.com/bornbrokenmusic


Huh? There are breakdowns at 2:28 and 3:26 in that song. It's more on the hardcore side of metalcore, there's one metal riff used a bunch of times in this song but in general it's more hardcore than metal. I listened to another song and it's almost entirely hardcore. Seems to be blacklisted accurately.

Top
 Profile  
bloodyripper
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:09 am
Posts: 17
PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:54 am 
 

hi may i know why is Germ in the banlist? They sound very post black metal/blackgaze to me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEu9IIABNg4


Even Cold Body Radiaiton (link below) which i also like sound less metal as compared to Germ

http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Col ... 3540310613

thank you for your time.

Top
 Profile  
bastardnasum
Metal newbie

Joined: Sun Aug 29, 2004 8:04 pm
Posts: 51
Location: Italy
PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:16 pm 
 

Ehm....I submitted a band from China called 鋼鐵木偶 (Steel Puppet).
My brother, who works in Fuzhou, got their demo. He told me it was made in 50 copies and sold at local gigs only.

Now I see my submission was refused:

http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/%E9 ... 3540370530

Despite I sent links with scans of the Demo EP (front, back, inside, CD with printed artwork) it seems I need to give some samples....where can I find samples online?

I have their Demo Ep in my hands but how can I send samples?

Top
 Profile  
Obscurum
Emperor of the Shadows

Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:23 am
Posts: 378
Location: United States
PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:41 pm 
 

bastardnasum wrote:
I have their Demo Ep in my hands but how can I send samples?

If you can't find any samples online, there are several things you can do: You can rip the disc to a computer and upload the songs to a file-hosting site such as MediaFire, RapidShare, or even YouTube, or even just play the music and record it through a microphone, then upload that/those recording(s) to one of the aforementioned sites, and (with either of those two options) afterwards post the URL(s) in the submission notes for a mod to download and evaluate upon you resubmitting the band. Then there's the possibility a moderator may even allow you to simply e-mail them the songs, thus avoiding the task of uploading them, but the first option would be the best bet all around and the second would be the worst sound-quality-wise.

Now, I myself am not a mod, but you don't need one to tell you this. :P
_________________
... We shall piss on your graves, kill your women, rape your daughters and torture your soul until eternity ends.

Top
 Profile  
bastardnasum
Metal newbie

Joined: Sun Aug 29, 2004 8:04 pm
Posts: 51
Location: Italy
PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:22 am 
 

I will try woth rapidshare or mediafire....it's almost twoyears I do not use them, I thought they wre shut down already

Top
 Profile  
bastardnasum
Metal newbie

Joined: Sun Aug 29, 2004 8:04 pm
Posts: 51
Location: Italy
PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:36 am 
 

This is the link...as I can not edit the page anymore, I can share it here:

鋼鐵木偶 - Steel Puppet Ep (2011)

http://rapidshare.com/share/6C571DDF464 ... 22A2A77366

Top
 Profile  
bastardnasum
Metal newbie

Joined: Sun Aug 29, 2004 8:04 pm
Posts: 51
Location: Italy
PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:47 am 
 

I want to submit also another band from my town.

I got the Demo many years ago and also the Mp3 files downloaded from this blog:
http://audioheaven-alexcro.blogspot.it/ ... -1993.html

But I lost both the Demo (gave away many years ago to somebody) and mp3 files (deleted my hard disk) and the old link in the blog does not work anymore.

I found the guitar player's blogspot with a short biography and information about the band:

http://simohome.blogspot.it/2008/08/sar ... aotto.html

Is it enough? I am trying to find somebody who ripped it, or I will ask the Audioheaven blogspot if they can re-upload it, so to bring some samples

Top
 Profile  
souvikpunk
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:23 am
Posts: 25
PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:36 am 
 

please remove krayl from blacklist,the new demo 'froide et sombre' has released on mini-cd format on salute records (sweden), it is black metal

proof of physical release
http://www.facebook.com/SaluteRecords

link of the demo for ur listening
http://krayl.bandcamp.com/album/froide-et-sombre

hailz \m/

Top
 Profile  
Azmodes
Ultranaut

Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:44 am
Posts: 5721
Location: Gradec, Austria
PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:01 am 
 

bloodyripper wrote:
hi may i know why is Germ in the banlist? They sound very post black metal/blackgaze to me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEu9IIABNg4.

Their material so far has been judged unacceptable. Seems to be another one of these tricky "blackgaze" bands. Let's wait until the release of "Grief" (October 21st) and then check the album in its entirety.

souvikpunk wrote:
please remove krayl from blacklist,the new demo 'froide et sombre' has released on mini-cd format on salute records (sweden), it is black metal

proof of physical release
http://www.facebook.com/SaluteRecords

link of the demo for ur listening
http://krayl.bandcamp.com/album/froide-et-sombre

hailz \m/

You can submit them.
_________________
Quote:
One Too Many Camel was rejected on the basis that it was not metal.

Last.fm | Collection

Top
 Profile  
Sceiron
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2006 9:27 pm
Posts: 4
PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:22 pm 
 

Just tried to add BLIND FACES (Speed / Thrash from Probszella / Germany), but it was rejected cause the demo cover is missing as a proof of existence. Here it is:

Image

I hope the moderators will add the band now.

Top
 Profile  
OpsiusCato
Mexican Metal Inquisition

Joined: Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:42 am
Posts: 1290
Location: Mexico
PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:29 pm 
 

Ok, that's better, Sceiron. Can you add that picture to the submission notes, along with a picture in which the tape is clearly seen? Then resubmit.
_________________
Uncolored, on greeting people wrote:
Salutations are for pussies. Only fuck offing people is real
Uncolored, on me quoting him wrote:
You have to pay me fucking royalties to use my wisdom pearls. Go fucking paypal 666 euros to uncolored@metal-archives.com

Top
 Profile  
Sceiron
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2006 9:27 pm
Posts: 4
PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:14 am 
 

Tape is a black pro-tape with a small sticker on it. Don't want to lay the tape to my scanner...

Top
 Profile  
souvikpunk
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:23 am
Posts: 25
PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:59 am 
 

Azmodes wrote:
bloodyripper wrote:
hi may i know why is Germ in the banlist? They sound very post black metal/blackgaze to me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEu9IIABNg4.

Their material so far has been judged unacceptable. Seems to be another one of these tricky "blackgaze" bands. Let's wait until the release of "Grief" (October 21st) and then check the album in its entirety.

souvikpunk wrote:
please remove krayl from blacklist,the new demo 'froide et sombre' has released on mini-cd format on salute records (sweden), it is black metal

proof of physical release
http://www.facebook.com/SaluteRecords

link of the demo for ur listening
http://krayl.bandcamp.com/album/froide-et-sombre

hailz \m/

You can submit them.


thnks azmodes, i have submitted krayl \m/ :)

Top
 Profile  
OpsiusCato
Mexican Metal Inquisition

Joined: Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:42 am
Posts: 1290
Location: Mexico
PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:36 pm 
 

Sceiron wrote:
Tape is a black pro-tape with a small sticker on it. Don't want to lay the tape to my scanner...

Could you please do it? Before becoming a mod, I had to do it several times (did not have a camera) and it wasn't that big of a deal.
_________________
Uncolored, on greeting people wrote:
Salutations are for pussies. Only fuck offing people is real
Uncolored, on me quoting him wrote:
You have to pay me fucking royalties to use my wisdom pearls. Go fucking paypal 666 euros to uncolored@metal-archives.com

Top
 Profile  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 233, 234, 235, 236, 237, 238, 239 ... 285  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

Back to the Encyclopaedia Metallum


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group