Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 



Reply to topic  
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Alhadis
Madder Max

Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:35 am
Posts: 3598
Location: Melbourne, Australia
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:47 am 
 

Yeah, I see there's another band of that name... so I've unblacklisted the name temporarily. You can resubmit.
_________________
J_Ason wrote:
grinder12345 wrote:
And you says that metal is about the riffs, that is bollocks, cause then black and death bands wouldn't get accepted, cause the play termolo-riffs.

they payl termolo! not real riff!

Top
 Profile  
Izedis
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2004 1:11 am
Posts: 2
Location: United States
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:52 am 
 

Alhadis wrote:
Yeah, I see there's another band of that name... so I've unblacklisted the name temporarily. You can resubmit.


Thanks! I'm going to add it now.

Top
 Profile  
FleshMonolith
Metalhead

Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:02 am
Posts: 1234
Location: fuck city
PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:39 am 
 

Azmodes wrote:
FleshMonolith wrote:
This is a metal song, who cares if it's a guitar or if it's a dulcimer.
http://verdant-realm-botanist.bandcamp. ... ndragora-i

The (string) instrument used isn't really the issue. The lack of metal riffs, however, is. I agree with the other mods regarding this new song.


I understand your hesitation, but it seems quite narrow minded. To label something as a metal riff seems a bit archaic, especially when half of these "metal riffs" are found in numerous genres and are only made "metal" by people calling it that, or the accompanied elements (drums, artwork, vocals, etc). Initial arguments labeled Botanist as "noise with black metal screaming." That kind of definition, perception and view feels way outta someone's parent's age where they hear Darkthrone and call it just noise.

Midway through this track is as metal as anything I've heard. Sure, it's not a wall of Marshall's blowing the house the down, but it's a very aggressive riff.

The new album seems to meet your standards the most. Discernible riffs, now with distortion, metal drumwork, metal vocals, and a metal aesthetic.

http://verdant-realm-botanist.bandcamp. ... mandragora

Track two-through-six especially.

Sure this isn't Judas Priest, it's something new and interesting, a different direction in a pre-existing genre. Other peripheral metal acts are allowed on MA, such as Utarm and Black Boned Angel, why not one that's more metal than those two?
_________________
Perpetual Strife

http://perpetualstrifemusic.blogspot.com/

Top
 Profile  
Alhadis
Madder Max

Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:35 am
Posts: 3598
Location: Melbourne, Australia
PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:52 am 
 

Dude. Please give it a rest...
_________________
J_Ason wrote:
grinder12345 wrote:
And you says that metal is about the riffs, that is bollocks, cause then black and death bands wouldn't get accepted, cause the play termolo-riffs.

they payl termolo! not real riff!

Top
 Profile  
zoli_axsaena
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:50 pm
Posts: 1
Location: Romania
PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:21 am 
 

Hi! My band (Axsaena) was rejected because of lack of evidence of a release, so I would like to post a link from where you can download the entire demo (free, of course) \m/

https://soundcloud.com/axsaena

Top
 Profile  
Azmodes
Ultranaut

Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:44 am
Posts: 5905
Location: Gradec, Austria
PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:32 am 
 

That's a short digital demo, not acceptable.
_________________
Quote:
One Too Many Camel was rejected on the basis that it was not metal.

Last.fm | Collection

Top
 Profile  
Alhadis
Madder Max

Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:35 am
Posts: 3598
Location: Melbourne, Australia
PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:32 am 
 

Dude, there's barely 13 minutes' worth of music here, and no real concrete tracklist. :S Definitely *not* what the site considers a valid digital release. You can resubmit once the band has released something serious - *and* when it's hosted somewhere where there's an obvious tracklist and title (Bandcamp is a good example).
_________________
J_Ason wrote:
grinder12345 wrote:
And you says that metal is about the riffs, that is bollocks, cause then black and death bands wouldn't get accepted, cause the play termolo-riffs.

they payl termolo! not real riff!

Top
 Profile  
Severb
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:50 pm
Posts: 12
PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:33 pm 
 

Hi, I've got question concerning polish skinhead band called Konkwista 88. It was a rock against communism band which had been a RAC band only by the name because since early albums a great heavy metal influence was to be noticed there. All their releases starting from Demo and ending on Bend Their Rule were metal releases, what's more in 2002 after Break The Chains album they went way heavier changing the style utterly to thrash metal.
Cheers.

Top
 Profile  
Azmodes
Ultranaut

Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:44 am
Posts: 5905
Location: Gradec, Austria
PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:40 pm 
 

Well, post links to the released material you consider metal enough here and we'll have a look.
_________________
Quote:
One Too Many Camel was rejected on the basis that it was not metal.

Last.fm | Collection

Top
 Profile  
Severb
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:50 pm
Posts: 12
PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:38 pm 
 

@Azmodes
Konkwista 88 - Mafia - off their first full-lenght album Za Krew Naszej Rasy,
Konkwista 88 - Strażnicy Granic - off the second album Wolność i Śmierć,
Konkwista 88 - Czerwony zdrajca - off Break the Chains when actually they started going much heavier,
Konkwista 88 - Duma - another example of them going into thrash/groove stuff.

Polish skinhead band Honor is there on Metal-Archives while Konkwista 88 is blacklisted, that's what I'm talking about - they were as heavy as Honor was.

Top
 Profile  
Muhammadabbadabba
Metalhead

Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 8:00 pm
Posts: 1056
Location: R'lyeh
PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:25 pm 
 

Severb wrote:
@Azmodes
Konkwista 88 - Mafia - off their first full-lenght album Za Krew Naszej Rasy,
Konkwista 88 - Strażnicy Granic - off the second album Wolność i Śmierć,
Konkwista 88 - Czerwony zdrajca - off Break the Chains when actually they started going much heavier,
Konkwista 88 - Duma - another example of them going into thrash/groove stuff.

Polish skinhead band Honor is there on Metal-Archives while Konkwista 88 is blacklisted, that's what I'm talking about - they were as heavy as Honor was.
Figure I'd chime in here. They're more Hard Rock than Metal, especially Krew Naszej Rasy; in fact, several songs are raspy ballads. While some heavier things are going on in European Songs of Glory, it's still within the Hard Rock territory if you ask me.

For what it's worth, Break the Chains sounds significantly heavier, so that one might merit inclusion.

I reckon Honor's inclusion stems from In Flames of The Rising Power; that album is consistently Metal.

Keep in mind that even when citing Metal bands as influences, RAC bands may ultimately come to produce something very different. In spite of citing Deep Purple and Iron Maiden as influences, Day of the Sword's entire discography includes exactly one Metal song; the rest is a mix of Oi!, Hardcore and Hard Rock. Razors Edge has exactly one Metal song as well.
_________________
My Wanted List (note: no longer trading with Euros)


Last edited by Muhammadabbadabba on Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:13 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Top
 Profile  
ThePoop
Metalhead

Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:38 pm
Posts: 477
Location: United States
PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:59 pm 
 

I came here to inquire about Botanist, but I see that has already been addressed :(

However one mod mentioned the decision came down before the latest album, which is definitely chock full of metal riffs. Many of which are reminiscent of what might be played by many modern black metal acts such as WITTR or DsO and even at times the riffs are rooted in doom. Undeniably metal, just played on a distorted dulcimer instead of a guitar. I know the decision has been handed down and this is probably futile, but I just ask that the newest album be revisited.
_________________
My favorite Carcass album is Swansong.

Top
 Profile  
ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2007 6:10 pm
Posts: 11994
Location: United States
PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:41 pm 
 

I went and listened to it and really it didn't sound too metal to me, it was neat but it reminded me a lot of a few bands I played with when I was in a screamo band... they were considered post-screamo and atmospheric or whatever. It just doesn't sound like metal regardless of what inspired it.
_________________
A bunch of mp3s is not a collection of anything.
http://www.cavepaints.com <--Horrid art and musics.
http://www.facebook.com/MaulerCustomCabs <--- huge heavy/loud boxes I build.
http://speedritualrecords.storenvy.com/ Check out my music here

Top
 Profile  
Zodijackyl
Lazy Wizard

Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:39 pm
Posts: 4915
Location: United States
PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:52 pm 
 

I've listened to Botanist's latest album as has Tony, it's not metal and the band isn't going to be added to the site.

Top
 Profile  
Muhammadabbadabba
Metalhead

Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 8:00 pm
Posts: 1056
Location: R'lyeh
PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:32 pm 
 

Speaking of all these RAC/WP submissions, Estirpe Imperial's blacklisting thoroughly bemuses me. With the exception of the debut Herederos de una historia and the demo (RAC-influenced Hard Rock), they're consistently Heavy Metal with some Speed Metal and acoustic tunes scattered here and there. Sin Miedo alone merits their inclusion.

I hope these speak for themselves:
WPWW Vol. III (Heavy/Speed Metal)
Herederos de una historia (RAC/Hard Rock)
Himnos de Gloria (Heavy Metal)
Seguimos Vivos (Heavy Metal)
Sin Miedo (Heavy Metal/Speed Metal)
_________________
My Wanted List (note: no longer trading with Euros)

Top
 Profile  
Severb
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:50 pm
Posts: 12
PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:07 am 
 

Muhammadabbadabba wrote:
"Figure I'd chime in here. They're more Hard Rock than Metal, especially Krew Naszej Rasy; in fact, several songs are raspy ballads. While some heavier things are going on in European Songs of Glory, it's still within the Hard Rock territory if you ask me.

For what it's worth, Break the Chains sounds significantly heavier, so that one might merit inclusion.

I reckon Honor's inclusion stems from In Flames of The Rising Power; that album is consistently Metal.

Keep in mind that even when citing Metal bands as influences, RAC bands may ultimately come to produce something very different. In spite of citing Deep Purple and Iron Maiden as influences, Day of the Sword's entire discography includes exactly one Metal song; the rest is a mix of Oi!, Hardcore and Hard Rock. Razors Edge has exactly one Metal song as well.

Well you know what? You've convinced me. I mean nowadays I'm way more into black and death metal than I was few years ago and due to listening to way more brutal bands, K88 doesn't sound heavy enough to me. I think we can leave the band with their three actually heavy CDs and not let them on Metallum.

Top
 Profile  
Alhadis
Madder Max

Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:35 am
Posts: 3598
Location: Melbourne, Australia
PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:36 am 
 

Well good then! :D We're glad you agree to disagree. ;)
_________________
J_Ason wrote:
grinder12345 wrote:
And you says that metal is about the riffs, that is bollocks, cause then black and death bands wouldn't get accepted, cause the play termolo-riffs.

they payl termolo! not real riff!

Top
 Profile  
Derigin
Anthropophagus

Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2006 6:25 am
Posts: 2547
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:53 am 
 

Agreed with the aforementioned sentiment.

An additional note: Muhammadabbadabba, please avoid responding to queries from users in this thread. That is the duty of the mods only.

Top
 Profile  
eludication
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:30 am
Posts: 2
PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:22 pm 
 

For: The Purpose of Silence

I might have incorrectly filled out the form when first submitting the band. I listed post-hardcore because I was thinking of "other influences" outside of metal influences. I assure you that the band is very metal based in both vocal and instrumental styles. They have done multiple shows, released an EP (both online via sites like Spotify, itunes, etc and in cd form) this month, and are very established in the Eugene metal community.

Current Songs on EP for listening pleasure:
http://www.reverbnation.com/thepurposeofsilence

Interview with front-man via a local publication:
http://www.exiledineugene.com/2013/03/1 ... f-silence/

Top
 Profile  
Hisie
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:40 am
Posts: 8
Location: El Salvador
PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:31 pm 
 

Quote:
So, there were two tracks: one metal, and the other was... what, an ambient instrumental intro? That's not gonna be enough; as I was saying to Niklaus above, a release has to be predominantly metal, and not "iffy".


Well you say that the band only released two songs, one intro and one black metal track, this is the reason that you blacklisted Valfunde, yes?

But there are some bands that have been added with and only single release of 3:... of duration or only a demo release mentioned in the aditional notes, for this i think that Valfunde can be perfectly accepted with their split only release not?

Top
 Profile  
Nhb55840
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:04 pm
Posts: 22
Location: United States
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:19 am 
 

This is more of a question. I understand that non-metal projects of other Metal musicians is acceptable, but wouldn't 7 Days Dead fit into that exception; it has Sinocence's Ex-Bassist and Syketh's Vocalist?

http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/7_D ... 3540362156

Top
 Profile  
Metantoine
The XVI, dominar to over 258714 subjects

Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:00 pm
Posts: 8788
Location: Québec
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:22 am 
 

Nah, not noteworthy enough.
_________________
PhilosophicalFrog wrote:
JESUS CRUST, I didn't know this was the goddamn pizza inquisition.

Metantoine's Magickal Realm
Last.fm
Halberd (doom/death)

Top
 Profile  
Nhb55840
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:04 pm
Posts: 22
Location: United States
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:26 am 
 

Alright, and while I'm here I'd just like to know what genre Black Mackerel falls under (I'm not questioning it's rejection; I'd just like to know). I've been trying to figure out what to classify it as, since it's rejection.

http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Bla ... 3540361313

Top
 Profile  
Hisie
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:40 am
Posts: 8
Location: El Salvador
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:09 am 
 

Valdunde was in this site but one day a moderator simply decided delete the band cause only have a split release.

Top
 Profile  
Turtle_Factory
Metal newbie

Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:14 pm
Posts: 85
Location: Puerto Rico
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:21 pm 
 

So I recently sent a band called Tripi JB to the archives but got rejected because there was no quality musical evidence (I have to admit, the files I sent, even though they were from the official site, were quite poor live recordings). I however own a studio recorded album I could share to the archives, in fact, the e-mail I received mentioned I should send the music files from the album. Yet, how do I do this? Do I PM someone about this, or do I resend the band to the archives along with the album?
_________________
"If the doors of perception were cleansed every thing would appear to man as it is, infinite." - William Blake

Top
 Profile  
OpsiusCato
Mexican Metal Inquisition

Joined: Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:42 am
Posts: 1342
Location: Mexico
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:57 pm 
 

Turtle_Factory wrote:
So I recently sent a band called Tripi JB to the archives but got rejected because there was no quality musical evidence (I have to admit, the files I sent, even though they were from the official site, were quite poor live recordings). I however own a studio recorded album I could share to the archives, in fact, the e-mail I received mentioned I should send the music files from the album. Yet, how do I do this? Do I PM someone about this, or do I resend the band to the archives along with the album?


Add the link to the album in your submission notes and resubmit, please.
_________________
Uncolored, on greeting people wrote:
Salutations are for pussies. Only fuck offing people is real
Uncolored, on being his birthday wrote:
Today is King of Underground's come to earth anniversary, now apologize for your miscreant behaviour!

Top
 Profile  
Turtle_Factory
Metal newbie

Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:14 pm
Posts: 85
Location: Puerto Rico
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:15 pm 
 

Thanks!!!
_________________
"If the doors of perception were cleansed every thing would appear to man as it is, infinite." - William Blake

Top
 Profile  
OpsiusCato
Mexican Metal Inquisition

Joined: Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:42 am
Posts: 1342
Location: Mexico
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:49 pm 
 

You're welcome, turtle-producing machinery.
_________________
Uncolored, on greeting people wrote:
Salutations are for pussies. Only fuck offing people is real
Uncolored, on being his birthday wrote:
Today is King of Underground's come to earth anniversary, now apologize for your miscreant behaviour!

Top
 Profile  
Hisie
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:40 am
Posts: 8
Location: El Salvador
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:16 pm 
 

Metantoine wrote:
Nah, not noteworthy enough.



not noteworthy enough? are you saying that Valfunde can't be added but you can accept this?
http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/14-22/3540278767

I dont understand you MA. hahaha lol

Top
 Profile  
Hisie
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:40 am
Posts: 8
Location: El Salvador
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:17 pm 
 

or this http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Alien/109376 :O :P

Top
 Profile  
Nocturnal Silence
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:16 pm
Posts: 3
Location: Norway
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:21 pm 
 

I recently submitted a band from Germany called Reign. I provided sufficient evidence of downloadable material distributed by the band with a Bandcamp link. But it was rejected by the moderators for multiple reasons, specifically no valid evidence of a release, which I provided.
It was a re-mastered demo that clocked in at 11 minutes. I am aware that it is under 20 minutes, but I have seen many bands without any releases at all. Is it because the users that submitted the bands with absent releases are a higher rank than me, which in turn gives them more freedom?

Top
 Profile  
eludication
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:30 am
Posts: 2
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:22 pm 
 

Did my post on The Purpose of Silence get skipped?

Top
 Profile  
Zodijackyl
Lazy Wizard

Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:39 pm
Posts: 4915
Location: United States
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:33 pm 
 

eludication wrote:
Did my post on The Purpose of Silence get skipped?


No to that question and the band. Melodic hardcore with lots of distortion.

Top
 Profile  
Sciera
Metal newbie

Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:44 am
Posts: 171
Location: Germany
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:52 am 
 

Hisie wrote:
Metantoine wrote:
Nah, not noteworthy enough.



not noteworthy enough? are you saying that Valfunde can't be added but you can accept this?
http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/14-22/3540278767

I dont understand you MA. hahaha lol


Oh come on. The "not noteworthy enough" only refers to the side project rule.

Nocturnal Silence wrote:
I recently submitted a band from Germany called Reign. I provided sufficient evidence of downloadable material distributed by the band with a Bandcamp link. But it was rejected by the moderators for multiple reasons, specifically no valid evidence of a release, which I provided.
It was a re-mastered demo that clocked in at 11 minutes. I am aware that it is under 20 minutes, but I have seen many bands without any releases at all. Is it because the users that submitted the bands with absent releases are a higher rank than me, which in turn gives them more freedom?


The "bands without any releases at all" normally have their releases listed in the additional notes instead because we don't have the complete tracklist. If you find any band that hasn't any release in the discography nor in the add. notes then you can report it.
And rules are rules, 11 minutes is too short for digital-only.
And no, the rank doesn't make any difference.

Top
 Profile  
Hisie
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:40 am
Posts: 8
Location: El Salvador
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:58 pm 
 

Sciera wrote:
Oh come on. The "not noteworthy enough" only refers to the side project rule.


Oh well, excuse me I was impulsive, i must understand that that answer was refered for the other guy.
But I continue with my questioning about Valfunde and the blacklist.

Top
 Profile  
Zodijackyl
Lazy Wizard

Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:39 pm
Posts: 4915
Location: United States
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:26 pm 
 

Valfunde is blacklisted because it is not metal.

Top
 Profile  
BowelKicker
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:24 am
Posts: 11
Location: Germany
PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:39 am 
 

Hello, my submitted band Vagination has been rejected.

Here is the proof that we are going to release the album "Bandung Whore" through Rebirth the Metal Productions soon:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Rebirth- ... 92?fref=ts

best regards

p.s. furthermore there's two songs on bandcamp: http://vagination.bandcamp.com/


Last edited by BowelKicker on Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Top
 Profile  
Azmodes
Ultranaut

Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:44 am
Posts: 5905
Location: Gradec, Austria
PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:41 am 
 

BowelKicker wrote:
Hello, my submitted band Vagination has been rejected.

Here is the proof that we are going to release the album "Bandung Whore" through Rebirth the Metal Productions soon:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Rebirth- ... 92?fref=ts

best regards

Wait until it is released. We require bands to have albums that are already out.
_________________
Quote:
One Too Many Camel was rejected on the basis that it was not metal.

Last.fm | Collection

Top
 Profile  
BowelKicker
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:24 am
Posts: 11
Location: Germany
PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:42 am 
 

Where is the problem in just allowing us to have a page? The album is recorded and getting pressed in a couple of days. We also have bandcamp: http://vagination.bandcamp.com/

Top
 Profile  
Azmodes
Ultranaut

Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:44 am
Posts: 5905
Location: Gradec, Austria
PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:44 am 
 

Where is the problem in waiting a few days? The rules apply to every band, some upcoming releases are less certain than others. In any case, a release that isn't released yet isn't much of a release, wouldn't you agree?
_________________
Quote:
One Too Many Camel was rejected on the basis that it was not metal.

Last.fm | Collection

Top
 Profile  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205 ... 293  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

Back to the Encyclopaedia Metallum


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group