Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:32 pm 

Well, he is the owner of the other label credited in the notes, so I let's see what he has to say. I've requested his input.
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

Gelordum
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:57 pm 

Please look here, he did it again. WTF?

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:24 pm 

I told him to respond and explain himself. I know that he got the message.
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

Inhuman_Nameless
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:46 pm 

after reading words like "he wants to show that his shitty project is so important and cool......." from gelordum user, i dont want reply on this report, due this show a his opinition about me and Moloch.
So, how he can be objective ?
im REALLY bored to see that someone (gelordum in fact) ALWAYS try mix personal brain problems and metal archives updates.
this user does not correct some mistakes, he just always try to show his opinition to me PERSONALLY and my project. Is it normal behavior?
if this user can not be objective they he just can fuck off.
i always updated my band personally and bands that i released on my label.
who know more about my band and about my releases ? me or unknown user ?
so, as a label owner i know better which updates to do.

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:57 pm 

Agendas aside, he has provided proof from the other label associated with the split - at least enough so that we know what is listed on the back cover. This isn't just a petty matter of fighting over which band name is listed first on the release page, the physical copies of this thing can only be one way, and whichever band is on the A side is going to be the one we list first.

That said, from what I understand, this is a collaborative release between two labels. Are there actually two versions floating around with the sides swapped? Someone isn't telling the truth here either way.

Last.fm

Gelordum
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:51 am 

Guys, can you please do something with this Inhuman Nameless idiot? He is still renaming I Shalt Become split album without any proofs of his words.

Inhuman_Nameless
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 6:11 am 

gelordum - idiot its you, the same like piece of shit - your slut mother.

im wait a proof from you about name of this split. why you think that this split have a name "i shalt become / moloch" ?
where you saw this ?

side A, B - OK.
but what about name of split ?

Inhuman_Nameless
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 6:24 am 

proof: http://depressiveillusions.com/items/vi ... -split-7ep
name of split "Moloch / I Shalt Become"
split was made, released and designed by me and my label, so i know how to name this release.
NOT YOU - gelordum. you are just annoying loser, that try show self-ambitions in all this "updates".

Gelordum
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 6:35 am 

What a shitstorm and butthurt, lol. So, now you're writing, that I Shalt Become is on the side A? And what the hell is wrong with you, Dyatel? Look on the back cover and stop renaming this release, idiot. On your site you can write anything you want, stupid poser.

А про маму, Дятел, мы обязательно поговорим при встрече :)

Last edited by Gelordum on Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Inhuman_Nameless
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 6:39 am 

its not argument.
no name of the split on the back cover.
on the back cover just logos and names of the BANDS.

name of split Moloch / I Shalt Become.

Gelordum
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 6:50 am 

Proof 1: back cover.
Proof 2: report by the owner of the primary label.
Proof 3: primary label is naming this split as "I Shalt Become / Moloch".
Proof 4: confirmation by Inhuman_Nameless that I Shalt Become is on the side A.

I hope this is enough for moderators to make a conclusion.

Last edited by Gelordum on Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Inhuman_Nameless
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:05 am 

we talk about NAME of split.
here are no name of the split on back cover.
just 2 logos and band names in up and down.
On the official DIR label site, name of the split (in catalogue): Moloch / I Shalt Become.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:54 am 

:roll:

Naming conventions for splits on MA are such that if there is no proper name itself, we go with the participating bands, in order of appearance. So it seems that the I Shalt Become song is the A-side and the name for the entry will therefore be I Shalt Become / Moloch. Do not change it back, Inhuman_Nameless.

And quit it with the personal attacks. If you want to insult each other, do so via a private channel, don't fill up this thread with your childish bickering. Consider this a warning, both of you.

aloof
avant-gardener

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:38 am 

a few reports called Orzie's lineup additions into question:
http://www.metal-archives.com/report/vi ... 3/show/all
http://www.metal-archives.com/report/vi ... 4/show/all
http://www.metal-archives.com/report/vi ... 6/show/all

looking at his mod history, I noticed he also adds individual artists' info that could be added in one go (location, dob, photo) in two or three consecutive ones instead:
http://www.metal-archives.com/users/Orzie

also, a few days ago I noticed TheReactor adds lyrics one by one, but he's new so probably doesn't know...
http://www.metal-archives.com/users/TheReactor

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:40 pm 

warned both

Last.fm

DomDomMCMG
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:46 am 

can we do something about beldaroh666? got sick of his e-mails that he sent to hundreds of people where he was telling us to "suck his dick review my album bitch you are my bitch" and now he's taken to sending private messages on MA.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:29 am 

He was actually banned before and made a new account. Banned again.

Amoebic_D
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:03 am 

Viral wrote:
Azmodes wrote:
People such as?

http://www.metal-archives.com/users/gothic_metal

I'm sure there are more, but she's the one I came across doing this most frequently. I remember reporting her in the past over a non-related issue.

I'm going to touch on this issue with her.

Every album cover that I upload is a scan of my physical copy that I resize to around 500x500, all of which are still pretty good quality-wise given the limitations of the site's file sizes. I've noticed recently that she is taking my perfectly fine scans and resizing them down to around 300x300 which then makes them look like a downgrade in quality.

Some examples (which I have gone back and re-uploaded the covers) are:

http://www.metal-archives.com/albums/De ... Rot/472270 (her replacement)
http://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Ab ... ent/405321 (her replacement)
http://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Ev ... ils/157872 (her replacement)
http://www.metal-archives.com/albums/At ... ing/174777 (her replacement)

I'm willing to bet that there are more covers like this that she is doing this to, these are just a few that I've found recently.

Last edited by Amoebic_D on Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alhadis
Madder Max

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:18 am 

:facepalm: Ugh, she was warned about a year ago about pointlessly changing cover art.

I've told her to explain herself in this thread.

gothic_metal
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:04 pm 

Diamhea said that there is no reason to have such big album covers, that smaller ones are better and more like the real album covers instead of having real life size covers.

Also
Sent by Azmodes
It appears the dude thinks huge real-life photos are preferable to actual covers images. -_-

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:36 pm 

Do you mind showing where I actually said that? Either way, it wouldnt be worth going around resizing everything.

Last.fm

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:21 pm 

gothic_metal wrote:
Sent by Azmodes
It appears the dude thinks huge real-life photos are preferable to actual covers images. -_-

I think you misunderstood me there. That was in reference to Viral thinking that photographies of actual copies are preferable to clean cover images. It doesn't necessarily relate to image quality or size itself.

Alhadis
Madder Max

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 3:23 am 

Quote:
Do you mind showing where I actually said that? Either way, it wouldnt be worth going around resizing everything.

It's possible she was referring to this:
Diamhea wrote:
Better look at what? The sticker that says "Back on Black?"

It's the same artwork, and we always prefer a front-on scan of the cover above all, just like we have certain preferences concerning band photos and what is/isn't a better image. These shots have glare, a bunch of background clutter, and the angle is unappealing when viewed on the otherwise streamlined album page.

Which, again, is relating to what Azmodes was explaining to you: that ugly photos of real-world products aren't okay.

Now, obviously the clearer the image, the better. Bigger images (as long as they're decent quality; NOT awful photographs) are always preferable to smaller ones, because they depict an image's content in a clearer fashion than smaller ones.

I'd assume that last paragraph would go without saying...

aloof
avant-gardener

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:23 am 

since this came up, are "cover-only" images always preferable, no exceptions? there are some old demos on the archives that have the entire tape foldout, or sometimes also include the tape itself. or, some limited "other version" 7"s have a photo of the actual (usually coloured) vinyl half-emerging from the sleeve... should they be hunted down and cropped? even if the "proper" cover scan is on the "mother" CD/digital version?

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:05 pm 

That's probably a good question. I remember distinctly, this was one of the very first questions I had the night the other versions feature went live back in May 2014. Morrigan told me that we shouldn't defer to "collage" types images with the tape laid out with the unfolded j-card. I see this causing some issues, since we only have 50kb of image size to work with, trying to fit all of that (legibly) in a single image can be challenging. I'm usually working off of Discogs, so if I run into a tape release that features a differently cropped cover, I usually upload that, so long as there isn't a massive image quality trade-off. I don't think it is the end of the world if child versions of various formats inherit the basic cover art image, so long as the artwork really is the same. Could use some more input here, but either way I don't think it is something particularly worth "hunting down," instead just fixed as you come across them.

Last.fm

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:24 pm 

^Pretty much. Maybe someday, we'll have a feature for multiple images for each release, but for now a clear front cover of the respective version is always preferred.

gothic_metal
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:34 am 

Yeah, I was referring to this:

Diamhea wrote:
Better look at what? The sticker that says "Back on Black?"

It's the same artwork, and we always prefer a front-on scan of the cover above all, just like we have certain preferences concerning band photos and what is/isn't a better image. These shots have glare, a bunch of background clutter, and the angle is unappealing when viewed on the otherwise streamlined album page.

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:40 am 

Yes, we get that. This still doesn't explain why you are replacing good quality cover scans with SMALLER scans. There is no difference in the images you are changing other than the fact that yours are far lower quality/size.

Last.fm

gothic_metal
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:04 am 

Thought was not supposed to be so big like you and Azmodes said before was all. Just thought you wanted them to be smaller and not so big.

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:07 am 

gothic_metal wrote:
Thought was not supposed to be so big like you and Azmodes said before was all. Just thought you wanted them to be smaller and not so big.

Definitely not. Please try and focus on more constructive edits, which you certainly have the capability of executing. Continue helping me fill in other versions.

Last.fm

Antioch
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:30 am 

Gorilla1969 wants to know why he was banned. Shall I forward his email to one of you guys, or do you want me to be the messenger?

PDS
The Folk One

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:55 am 

He was banned for blacklist evasion, the rejection message for his submission of Hotzikara said so, but I guess he didn't read it.
I dunno, I'm a guitarist and it always feels like playing a giant cock. Not just that but live music should hit you in the genitals. It might not if you don't use good amplifiers and your modelling shit goes straight out of the PA. But good music hits you HARD in the GENITALS.

Antioch
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:02 pm 

OK man. I'll link him to your post.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:07 pm 

It was sloppy research on his part, not deliberate deceit (most probably, anyway). I've already dealt with this issue and emailed him.

Antioch
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:14 pm 

:thumbsup:

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:49 am 

Guys, watch this moron please: http://www.metal-archives.com/users/MetalAggressor

If you find him adding any fishy looking lineups, let me know. He had amassed hundreds of points in only a couple of weeks adding nothing but guesswork lineups.

Last.fm

~Guest 152635
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 3:21 am 

http://www.metal-archives.com/users/fog_human

Added a guesswork line-up to a release that wasn't even by the listed band (Black Forest). The guy is long gone, but someone should look at his other line-up additions and clean things up.

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:23 pm 

Halloween wrote:
http://www.metal-archives.com/users/fog_human

Added a guesswork line-up to a release that wasn't even by the listed band (Black Forest). The guy is long gone, but someone should look at his other line-up additions and clean things up.

Warned.

Last.fm

doomster999
Keeper of the Dreary Realm

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:32 am 

http://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Mg ... ity/524495

^ Unconfirmed release date+artwork not yet revealed.
Infact I use to have a relly hot friend from there but unfurtunetly the last party we have I was really wasted and grab her ass and it cause a huge problem. Her dad (that is a marine) wants to ripp my nuts... thinks are not the same...

Last.fm

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:41 am 

Deleted and warned.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63 ... 121  Next