Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
TARROTH
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:31 pm 

the REAL BANGERS understand my words!!!!I dont waste more time with you!!!!!

Evenfiel
Heavy Metal Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:05 pm 

TARROTH wrote:
the REAL BANGERS understand my words!!!!I dont waste more time with you!!!!!

Maybe they do, but we don't. You'll be banned if you continue to do that.

Zorg85
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:09 pm 

nyalmorllock is adding line-ups randonmly for some newly added bands

Atlantic Wall

From what I could understand from the review here, the bassist on demo is Dorgoth not Leandro

http://metal-brasil-downloads.blogspot. ... -demo.html

You should really consider making it impossible for people under 500 or 1000 points to add album line-ups

9/10 people add shits

Alhadis
Madder Max

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:15 pm 

Warning sent.

Poisonfume
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:47 pm 

Zorg85 wrote:

You should really consider making it impossible for people under 500 or 1000 points to add album line-ups

9/10 people add shits

No, they shouldn't consider that. Limiting the methods of attaining points further would only encourage point-whoring. Besides, I for one could massively contribute to the archives if I had more privileges, but I'll never get them if all I can do is add lyrics (typing an entire album for only 1 point is cumbersome enough).

Zorg85
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:17 pm 

Poisonfume wrote:
Zorg85 wrote:

9/10 people add shits

No, they shouldn't consider that. Limiting the methods of attaining points further would only encourage point-whoring. Besides, I for one could massively contribute to the archives if I had more privileges, but I'll never get them if all I can do is add lyrics (typing an entire album for only 1 point is cumbersome enough).

Sorry but in V1 it was the same case it was harder to get 500 points.

If you add bands, lyrics, report mistakes, add missing info (forming dates, lyrical themes), adding some useful links you can reach veteran status in a few weeks without adding shit

Now people can do whatever they want and its a real problem especially for newbies or brainless people: they can get MANY points by adding tons of album line-ups or even updating line-ups and past members

I've seen people adding new members and don't even reporting the old one => line-ups with 4 guitarists, 2 drummers for example and its a real problem so for me there should be more limits

:@ Mods: do people still get points for reporting mistakes/correcting reports? It was a good way to get extra points when reports were useful

Alhadis
Madder Max

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:24 pm 

Zorg85 wrote:
:@ Mods: do people still get points for reporting mistakes/correcting reports? It was a good way to get extra points when reports were useful

We assign points by hand, so we decide if users get awarded points or not.

Midnightwards666
Heavy Metal C-3PO

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:09 pm 

http://www.metal-archives.com/users/joeyaerts

This user has been adding lyrics one by one on several albums, even though he's already had warnings from moderators in the past.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:13 pm 

HouseSpiders wrote:
http://www.metal-archives.com/users/joeyaerts

This user has been adding lyrics one by one on several albums, even though he's already had warnings from moderators in the past.

Warning sent.

~Guest 152635
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:02 pm 

http://www.metal-archives.com/users/Vermyapre

Adding track lengths one by one:
http://www.metal-archives.com/history/v ... 3540345631
http://www.metal-archives.com/history/v ... e/id/90835

probably more..

Alhadis
Madder Max

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:43 am 

I gave that bitch a warning. Bitches love warnings.

Midnightwards666
Heavy Metal C-3PO

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:26 am 

Is adding the same photo/birthdate etc for two duplicate entries (when one will soon be removed) point-whoring?

Alhadis
Madder Max

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:29 am 

Yeah, actually. What's the point on adding something if you know it's about to be removed anyway?

Midnightwards666
Heavy Metal C-3PO

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:36 am 

Alhadis wrote:
Yeah, actually. What's the point on adding something if you know it's about to be removed anyway?

Yep, there is no point

Alhadis
Madder Max

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:37 am 

Did you see anybody doing it?

Midnightwards666
Heavy Metal C-3PO

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:38 am 

Alhadis wrote:
Did you see anybody doing it?

No, just a question.

Zorg85
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 7:56 am 

http://www.metal-archives.com/artists/Ezekiel/28615

HOW LONG are you going to let this c*** called DreadlockMocio add shit on this site??

C'mon what a stupid photo ... I don't know where he took it from but it truly sucks

In 5 seconds I could find a much better one on Je's facebook (http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid= ... =3&theater , I'll add it when you have checked)

There should be a warning somewhere saying the pictures must be good, I mean not (too) blurry, not showing only shadows of parts of the body, at least showing the face otherwise what's the point of having a picture ...

I can't count how many shitty pictures, logos or doubles entries he added that I had to change :fuck: :fuck:

Alhadis
Madder Max

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 8:06 am 

Oh, I'm sure Je would love to be pictured being in hospital. :facepalm: *replaces image with a better one*

Azmodes has sent him a warning.

DreadlockMocio
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 8:15 am 

I doscovered Je in 2010 and it was the only one picture of E.z.K. and of the band before they create their facebook page. The picture of E.z.K. at the hospital is just like a lot of "artistic" pictures of bands into the site. I added a lot of logos and images of bands without any visual information, si never add shit on the site, but just a lot of informations that anyone added before me, and show me examples of shitty information, please. And insult your friends, not me

Alhadis
Madder Max

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 8:46 am 

DreadlockMocio, this is far from the first time you've been accosted for adding crappy/mediocre images when blatantly better images are within easy reach.

Today, in fact, you replaced the high-resolution copy of Sermon's logo with a tiny, squashed, ugly one that... I have no idea where you found. I'd just finished cleaning it up and adding it when you replaced it. Obviously, it's possible you had the edit page open before I added the image (therefore, you wouldn't have known a logo was added), but the question remains of WHERE you found that ugly-quality image when the bigger version was available *at the top of page* of the damn bandcamp. And on their Facebook. My only guess was that you saved a thumbnail of a higher-copy logo, but I can't figure out where you got it.

Point is, it's things like this that demonstrate your inability to prioritise. I swear, sometimes it's almost as though you go out of your way to pick a crappy image.

DreadlockMocio
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 9:10 am 

How do you make small the images over the dimensions supported by the site? what program do you use? I will download a program for do it, and you will never have problems with my "crappy" images. About pictures like the Je one you found so horrible i think i'll send a report and let do it to another user. I really dislike how people insult me like a banner, the only thing i want to do here is adding informations about heavy metal music, not adding shit. I'll upload images with better quality and please everyone don't insult, it's not necessary, let the insults for your friends and aquitances, thank you

Alhadis
Madder Max

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 10:01 am 

:facepalm: Okay wait, so... you're telling me you don't know how to compress an image to a certain filesize? :ugh: So you just grab the closest image that's under 100 or 50 Kbs, or whatever...?

Don't... just... don't. If you don't know even basic Photoshop, then maintaining band/artist images probably isn't the best way to be contributing to the site.

Dr_Keloid
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 4:12 pm 

DreadlockMocio wrote:
insult your friends, not me

Alhadis wrote:
:facepalm:

Evenfiel
Heavy Metal Hunter

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 6:40 pm 

Alhadis wrote:
:facepalm: Okay wait, so... you're telling me you don't know how to compress an image to a certain filesize? :ugh: So you just grab the closest image that's under 100 or 50 Kbs, or whatever...?

Don't... just... don't. If you don't know even basic Photoshop, then maintaining band/artist images probably isn't the best way to be contributing to the site.

I'm pretty sure that most people don't know how to compress an image. Nothing unusual about that.

Porman
Sweek Souvlaki Muncher

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 6:53 pm 

Easiest way is to download Irfanview and the RIOT plugin, which lets you set the file size/compression when you save a picture.

~Guest 152635
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 8:33 pm 

Well, for him, most of the time he does not try to find a good image (which is probably why he keeps being brought up). He will just clip a logo off of the already shrunk/compressed release on this website (without looking for the original source of the image) and upscale it.

Alhadis
Madder Max

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 1:46 am 

Evenfiel wrote:
I'm pretty sure that most people don't know how to compress an image. Nothing unusual about that.

Like I said, if one doesn't know basic image editing tasks like compressing images, then updating or adding missing images really isn't how they should be contributing to the site.

If you don't have Photoshop, or at least don't know how to use the "Save for web..." option, then you can always try downloading Irfanview, as Porman suggested.

~Guest 152635
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 4:51 pm 

http://www.metal-archives.com/users/kukulcan

Check his modification history. Lots of track lengths one at a time..

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 4:58 pm 

UndeadIdiot wrote:
http://www.metal-archives.com/users/kukulcan

Check his modification history. Lots of track lengths one at a time..

Warning sent.

Midnightwards666
Heavy Metal C-3PO

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 11:33 am 

http://www.metal-archives.com/users/MallewsMaleficarvm is a point whore.

Adding song lengths one by one, and lots of times.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 12:05 pm 

HouseSpiders wrote:
http://www.metal-archives.com/users/MallewsMaleficarvm is a point whore.

Adding song lengths one by one, and lots of times.

Warning sent.

Lauri
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 1:28 pm 

I think he was mentioned here around december for the same reason but please remind "Psycopathologist" he should not enter in album line-ups members that he does not list among past members...

For "Crunch Delights" he added in the album line-ups a different drummer & bassist than those listed. SO i listed them now in past members...

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 1:34 pm 

Done.

MalignantThrone
Vanished in the Cosmic Futility

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 5:31 am 

Kaosobelisk is adding a bunch of suspicious stuff to miscellaneous lineups - he seems to be indiscriminately adding "Mixing" and "Engineering" to every single "Producer" role he can find. (I don't know shit about the producing process, so if a producer is implied to be in charge of mixing and engineering, this might be okay, but in that case he's still pulling information out of his ass [there are a few roles he's added to albums where even the liner notes don't specify whether a certain person has engineered or mixed the album].) In addition, he's adding them one-by-one (so instead of typing and saving all the roles at once ["Recording, Mixing, Mastering", save button], he's saving after each individual role he adds ["Recording", save, "Mixing", save, "Mastering", save]).

Porman
Sweek Souvlaki Muncher

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 5:46 am 

If it's common known that a certain producer always does everything else in the studio such as mixing and engineering (for instance Tomas Skogsberg of Sunlight Studio) then it's ok to "guess".

MalignantThrone
Vanished in the Cosmic Futility

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 7:10 am 

Alright, but he's still adding those roles one-by-one...

Porman
Sweek Souvlaki Muncher

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 7:42 am 

Warned!

~Guest 152635
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 10:44 pm 

Appears to be making bad updates in general and making them one-at-a-time (adding lyrics for cover songs freestyle, checking instrumental for songs on releases one at a time, adding lyrics one by one.. probably more):
http://www.metal-archives.com/users/burnswastaken

Alhadis
Madder Max

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 12:16 am 

Warning sent.

Lauri
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 5:45 pm 

WE have a DreadlockMocio number 2 with Antioch ... blindly updating tons of info without having a f***ing clue of what he's doing

I saw he added some demo without confirmed tracklisting but here for Loss of Ignition he blindly copied members names taken from their FB, but I doubt Benoit's real name is Benoît Tzefeuque Gabalda
Tzefeuque is most likely a nickname

Same for Denis "Kesamair" Bretaudeau ...

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 120  Next