Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
attinctura
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:55 am 

I just checked over the rules, FAQ, and help sections again, and I don't see anything detailing the expected lag time on review submissions. I assume there hasn't been a backup, as other reviews have been published since mine was submitted.

I also did not receive any notification that mine was denied.

~Guest 193166
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:13 pm 

The moderators probably haven't gotten to it yet. Just wait. It takes a while because there are tons of reviews submitted every day and having to read every single one takes a considerable amount of time.

Corimngul
Freddled Gruntbuggly

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:15 pm 

Relax, your review haven't even been there for 48 hours... It is still in the queue. In the future you can check this by using the 'add review' link that you used to submit the review in the first place - if it's there, it's still in the queue.

There is no 'expected time' really. I guess it could be modeled somehow, or at least statistically fitted, though I doubt it has been attempted. Matters are complicated by the fact we moderators are humanoid beings who don't always attack the queue linearly, with limited and fluctuating spare time and with individual varying and time variant willingness to spend available spare time on the site.

You can't ask for more and you can't expect more, really. Two weeks of waiting time is not entirely unheard of, but more than that is certainly unexpected. I guess a few days ( = less than a week) would be the usual, but then again that's no guarantee. Hey, patience is a virtue.

EDIT: The same goes for all queues. Additionally both the band queue and the (at times significantly boring) report queue is a lot longer than the review queue at the moment, so at least I do not prioritize reviews for now.
Because I hate ID 100369. Numbers 19, 29, 39, 49, 59 are incomplete and I hate it!

attinctura
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 3:06 pm 

I meant only to ask for clarification, not to appear impatient.

Your reply answers me fully. Thank you.

kampfplatz666
Sturmbannführer Borat

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 4:07 pm 

With the (only) review I submitted I got no problem, about a week, I think.
But I recently uploaded a band and, if I didn't read it bad, there are more than 160 in the queue.
Maybe the administrators should proclaim two or three more moderators more of their confidence, and also would take some weight out of their work...

Fanfarigoule
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 7:45 pm 

We know what we have to do, thanks.

Reply to topic