Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
deadnight_warrriors
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:15 am 

I put it '1' it said invalid i tried '001' then 'one' only worked when i typed in 2 or more witch is annoying and stupid

How big can the photo be size wise and what type of file? (band photo and logo)

I've added the band darkrealm It's a one man band you probably will find nothing on him but on youtube him and his friend have uploaded few songs and i have proof of 2 of his 4 albums.

Witcher
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:19 am 

Ypou have not added anything, since the band was rejected. Songs on youtube are not a proof of physical releases.
Read the guidelines on the main page, before you do anything.
When we can find nothing on him, then i doubt you can provide any proof of a PHYSICAL release.

http://www.metal-archives.com/help.php#newband
Photo : Max 100 kb. You can upload a picture of the band members if you have one. We don't link to external files, so if you find a picture on the Internet you can just save it and upload it. If the image is too large, it will be automatically resized (keeping the proportions).
Logo: Max 50 kb. You can upload an image of the band's logo. Same restrictions as photo.

http://www.metal-archives.com/guidelines.php

7) Proof of existence - must have a PHYSICAL release

First, the band must have at least released SOME material. If you don't even have a physical demo... forget it. The band might have been formed, even got a logo, but how will we know that they won't just disband before even recording any song? An mp3 or two on MySpace or mp3.com-like websites is not enough. The band must have a demo out - this is the minimum. If you want to add your band, and you *know* you will release something soon, simply wait until it's released before submitting it!

Important reminders:

* The band must meet our requirements in terms of musical style: in other words, be "metal enough";
* The band must have already possess a physical release: in other words, a valid proof of its existence.

deadnight_warrriors
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:32 am 

Understand youtube ain't proof enough.

Here's a picture of two of his albums

ImageImage

ImageImage

This might be proof enough, i did read the before posting stuff just forgot to show the physical photos

Witcher
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:37 am 

No , that is not convincing.
He could have just printed the photoshoped cover to get accepted. It shows nothing about real physical distribution.
This is an example of convincing demo scan:
http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/2346 ... of15uv.jpg

deadnight_warrriors
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:47 am 

Understand, he's 16 don't think he could do some that looks professional right now.. far has i know he hands them out at under age shows.

When he does some think proper I'll re-upload the band.

Corimngul
Freddled Gruntbuggly

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:24 am 

deadnight_warrriors wrote:
I put it '1' it said invalid i tried '001' then 'one' only worked when i typed in 2 or more witch is annoying and stupid

Sounds like you're using the 'Add a multiple-CD release' for a single-CD release. Single in this context does not refer to the release type known as single, but to a single (one) disc.
Because I hate ID 100369. Numbers 19, 29, 39, 49, 59 are incomplete and I hate it!

Reply to topic