Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
wombraiders
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:02 pm 

so at the time I only have internet access through a work computer...which blocks certain websites..

Anyway I came here tocheck info on this site for my band lustmord and it comes up that the site is blocked due to racism and hate.

My band has nothing to do with either one of those things so can someone check the page and see where there might be racism and hate?

Thanks

Witcher
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:14 pm 

There is no racism anywhere.
Anyway, why do you ask here? Whe have nothing to do with your computer at work, neither do we have any influence on its settings.

juicebitch
Juice Bitch

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 5:57 pm 

Perhaps your network filter detects that this is a metal site and somehow links it to "hate and racism".

Full album for streaming/download: http://halberddoom.bandcamp.com/releases
https://www.facebook.com/HalberdDoom

wombraiders
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:08 pm 

I know that you ahve no influence on anything...I was just asking if someone could look at it and tell me if someone had posted something on there that had to do with that stuff.

Thanks for the help

rexxz
Where's your band?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:26 pm 

Well...

Being an archive, of course we have information on racist bands, so that could be the culprit.

Necroticism89
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:43 am 

You aware that there is a preeetty famous Ambient project called Lustmord who are probably much better than your band?

I'd get that fixed if I were you.

wombraiders
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:37 am 

Necroticism89 wrote:
You aware that there is a preeetty famous Ambient project called Lustmord who are probably much better than your band?

I'd get that fixed if I were you.

I'm well aware of that and there is also a mortiis side project by the same name.

I'm glad you're not me because there is nothing to get fixed. I've been using the name for more than 8 years and I've never had a problem putting out albums in any country. Brian Williams knows all about my band and we've been down the legal road back in 2000. In the US you cannot copyright the name of a band. And US law trumps international copyright laws. A band name can be trademarked which I have done. And if there was to ever be any kind of legal issue involving the name I would easily win the case since I have the trademark. However unlike some people I'm not going to be a dick about nonsense like that..our music is nothing that can be confused with each other, our logos are nowhere close to each other. They do their things and I do mine. My fans wont get his band mixed up with mine and vice versa.

As for his band being better than mine??I don't care..He makes a different style of music than I do. Brian Williams is a very talented musician and has been making music longer than I've been alive...I should hope that his music is better than mine...as he's a world famous composer and often works on music scores for movies and tv...if his music wasn't better than mine I'd be offended by how money much he makes.

Reply to topic