Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 



Reply to topic  
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
BechKash
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2006 7:01 am
Posts: 2
Location: Slovenia
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:28 am 
 

My submission is rejected before i can even add any proof of the demo CD or anything. I can't even add a link and i already get a rejection. can someone describe to me how and exactly where i should add proof of the existence?

Top
 Profile  
Catachthonian
Metal freak

Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:12 am
Posts: 4687
Location: Russia
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:32 am 
 

First of all, what are you trying to submit?

Top
 Profile  
Witcher
Metal freak

Joined: Wed Aug 18, 2004 8:27 am
Posts: 6077
Location: Czech Republic
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:35 am 
 

I remember a Slovenian band, where there was only link to myspace and "demo 2007" in additional notes.

That is not a valid proof, you have to prove, that the demo was released physically and distributed among people.

Top
 Profile  
Catachthonian
Metal freak

Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:12 am
Posts: 4687
Location: Russia
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:37 am 
 

In other words, submit a photo of said demo (not just cover art, but a photo of entire package - booklet, CD/tape, etc.) and a couple of links to distros/labels, from which this demo can be bought.

Top
 Profile  
Morrigan
Crone of War

Joined: Sat Aug 10, 2002 7:27 am
Posts: 9624
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:42 am 
 

Can't you people read? He didn't even have the TIME to submit the information because of a goddamn trigger-happy mod.

I am tired of this. That's at least the third time it's happened in a very short time.

Top
 Profile  
Corimngul
Freddled Gruntbuggly

Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2004 12:18 pm
Posts: 1823
Location: Sweden
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:54 am 
 

Yes, calm down, look twice and compare to the time of the latest update. Especially look twice. I've stopped myself at the brink of rejection a couple of times - not that it mattered, the bands were rejected a minute later anyway.

Perhaps a submission timelock could be applied in V2. The submitter has his time to add whatever he wants - including notes only for the moderators' eyes (without reporting it). When he's done he can unlock the submission or wait for the timelock to clear automatically. 30 minutes maybe? As long as it locked, the moderator can't do a thing to it though it might be worthwhile to allow reports.
_________________
Wra1th1s wrote:
When I meant EVERY black metal band of course I don't mean EVERY black metal band.
Montmirail wrote:
Because I hate ID 100369. Numbers 19, 29, 39, 49, 59 are incomplete and I hate it!

Top
 Profile  
PazuzuZlave
Metal newbie

Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2004 6:47 am
Posts: 343
Location: Suomi Finland Perkele!
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:56 am 
 

...and I thought the queue was massive..?
_________________
Spoiler: show
Secret found. +1 mana!

Top
 Profile  
Corimngul
Freddled Gruntbuggly

Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2004 12:18 pm
Posts: 1823
Location: Sweden
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:58 am 
 

PazuzuZlave wrote:
...and I thought the queue was massive..?


As of lately, the band queue seldom is. The review queue is moderate and the report queue gets longer each passing day :(
_________________
Wra1th1s wrote:
When I meant EVERY black metal band of course I don't mean EVERY black metal band.
Montmirail wrote:
Because I hate ID 100369. Numbers 19, 29, 39, 49, 59 are incomplete and I hate it!

Top
 Profile  
PazuzuZlave
Metal newbie

Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2004 6:47 am
Posts: 343
Location: Suomi Finland Perkele!
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:03 am 
 

Corimngul wrote:
PazuzuZlave wrote:
...and I thought the queue was massive..?


As of lately, the band queue seldom is. The review queue is moderate and the report queue gets longer each passing day :(


Yeah, that I noticed. I reported a false release by Soilwork about a month ago, and I'm not sure when it was corrected, but I spotted the release on their page as late as a week ago. However, it's gone now.
_________________
Spoiler: show
Secret found. +1 mana!

Top
 Profile  
Catachthonian
Metal freak

Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:12 am
Posts: 4687
Location: Russia
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:26 am 
 

Timelock is a good idea, although 30 minutes are more than enough. 15 minutes will do, I suppose.

Top
 Profile  
Witcher
Metal freak

Joined: Wed Aug 18, 2004 8:27 am
Posts: 6077
Location: Czech Republic
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:25 am 
 

Morrigan wrote:
Can't you people read? He didn't even have the TIME to submit the information because of a goddamn trigger-happy mod.

I am tired of this. That's at least the third time it's happened in a very short time.

I do not remember the name of the band, but I remember that it was Zelezobeton related.

He placed the name of the demo in additional notes and there was already a link to the band's myspace. I am 100% sure.

If he has a proof of the demo, why didn't he list it in normal way?
It is a new band, so the tracklisting should be known, if it was really released.

The submission looked finished as it was and the myspace did not contain any valid proof of a physical release.

If the thread starter had another link than myspace to add, then I am sorry, that he did not have enough time to to do it, but nothing on the page indicated an unfinished submission.

The time lock could be probably good idea, though.

Top
 Profile  
Corimngul
Freddled Gruntbuggly

Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2004 12:18 pm
Posts: 1823
Location: Sweden
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:18 am 
 

Corimngul wrote:
Perhaps a submission timelock could be applied in V2. The submitter has his time to add whatever he wants - including notes only for the moderators' eyes (without reporting it). When he's done he can unlock the submission or wait for the timelock to clear automatically. 30 minutes maybe? As long as it locked, the moderator can't do a thing to it though it might be worthwhile to allow reports.


I came to think of it this morning, instead of such a fancy implementation one could just change the query behind the moderatable band queue to not show bands submittted the last x minutes.
_________________
Wra1th1s wrote:
When I meant EVERY black metal band of course I don't mean EVERY black metal band.
Montmirail wrote:
Because I hate ID 100369. Numbers 19, 29, 39, 49, 59 are incomplete and I hate it!

Top
 Profile  
Evenfiel
Heavy Metal Hunter

Joined: Tue May 27, 2003 9:50 am
Posts: 6144
Location: Brazil
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:17 pm 
 

Corimngul: The problem would be that if the person forgot to add something, then he wouldn't be able to send a report.

The timelock feature is a very good idea.

Top
 Profile  
Bonesnap
Metal newbie

Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2005 11:34 pm
Posts: 134
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:24 am 
 

I think he meant be blocked only for the moderators, not the user who submitted the band. The user would still be able to make the changes he/she forgot or wanted to add, but it wouldn't show up in the moderator queue until X number if minutes of the initial submission.

Personally, I think both methods work.
_________________
When I die, I want to be reincarnated as a random number generator.

Top
 Profile  
Evenfiel
Heavy Metal Hunter

Joined: Tue May 27, 2003 9:50 am
Posts: 6144
Location: Brazil
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:49 am 
 

Bonesnap wrote:
I think he meant be blocked only for the moderators, not the user who submitted the band. The user would still be able to make the changes he/she forgot or wanted to add, but it wouldn't show up in the moderator queue until X number if minutes of the initial submission.

But then that would be as fancy as the timelock. Actually, it would be pretty much the same thing.

Top
 Profile  
Corimngul
Freddled Gruntbuggly

Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2004 12:18 pm
Posts: 1823
Location: Sweden
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:21 am 
 

Evenfiel wrote:
Bonesnap wrote:
I think he meant be blocked only for the moderators, not the user who submitted the band. The user would still be able to make the changes he/she forgot or wanted to add, but it wouldn't show up in the moderator queue until X number if minutes of the initial submission.

But then that would be as fancy as the timelock. Actually, it would be pretty much the same thing.


About as fancy, yes. It only lacks the "I'm ready" button. The only notable difference is in the implementation, which I as usual am thinking about way before time.
_________________
Wra1th1s wrote:
When I meant EVERY black metal band of course I don't mean EVERY black metal band.
Montmirail wrote:
Because I hate ID 100369. Numbers 19, 29, 39, 49, 59 are incomplete and I hate it!

Top
 Profile  
Bonesnap
Metal newbie

Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2005 11:34 pm
Posts: 134
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:45 pm 
 

Evenfiel wrote:
Bonesnap wrote:
I think he meant be blocked only for the moderators, not the user who submitted the band. The user would still be able to make the changes he/she forgot or wanted to add, but it wouldn't show up in the moderator queue until X number if minutes of the initial submission.

But then that would be as fancy as the timelock. Actually, it would be pretty much the same thing.

Exactly. Essentially it comes down to what Morrigan and Hellblazer prefer, if they choose to do either.
_________________
When I die, I want to be reincarnated as a random number generator.

Top
 Profile  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

Back to the Encyclopaedia Metallum


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group