Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
BackInTheVillage
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:58 pm 

There are three things I am wondering about lately on this site.

First, someone entered "One Night In The Jungle" on the Feinstein page. That album was released under "David 'Rock' Feinstein", a completely different project from "Feinstein". "Feinstein" is completely different band, and has stated over and again that "Third Wish" is their debut album. So far, "One Night In The Jungle" erroneously remains on the Feinstein page instead of being moved to a better page or a new page.

Second, now that the new Priest album is out, can someone split the album into its two discs like all multi-disc releases are supposed to be?

Third, I have submitted two bands in the past few days, both rejected because of no discography. However, I listed their releases as well as links to their sites that show the information about their releases, so I really don't know why they're rejected. They're certainly "metal enough". Any suggestions are appreciated.

Corimngul
Freddled Gruntbuggly

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:26 pm 

I've taken care of #1. Would do #2 but the site is too slow for me at the moment so I'll leave it for now.

I don't know about your submissions, but the explanation for #3 is probably that you didn't provide convincing proof of the albums being released physically. Please provide links to a seller or photos of the whole thing - not just a cover picture which could be computer made and never see the print house. It could also be that the albums in fact have not been released yet.
Because I hate ID 100369. Numbers 19, 29, 39, 49, 59 are incomplete and I hate it!

Fanfarigoule
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:28 pm 

I have made a new page for the Dave Rock Feinstein project, I hope it's ok. I checked on his MySpace page and it's metal enough.

Witcher
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:31 pm 

The albums must be already released in the time of submission. In case of Forgotten Realm it was not so - listed as upcoming on their label page. I do not remember the other submissions, but it was most probably for similar reasons.
Read rule 7, epecially the part "even when it should come out tomorrow..."

You have to be specific, since nobody will remember all the rejected submissions.

http://www.sonicagerecords.com/index.php

Corimngul
Freddled Gruntbuggly

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:45 pm 

With some luck #2 should be done now.

Fanfarigoule wrote:
I have made a new page for the Dave Rock Feinstein project, I hope it's ok. I checked on his MySpace page and it's metal enough.

As far as I can remember it should be ok.
Because I hate ID 100369. Numbers 19, 29, 39, 49, 59 are incomplete and I hate it!

BackInTheVillage
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:12 pm 

Thanks for doing Judas Priest and Feinstein. Forgotten Realm, the album should be available. Labels don't usually take down their ads until at least a month after release. Their release date is June, and I beleieve the album is available for purchase at this point. The other band sent out a message on Myspace that their EP is now available. It did not say where or how to get it. I have since requested the information, but so far, nothing. Will I have to resubmit these bands when I have additional information, or can I just update the info some how?

Witcher
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:18 pm 

BackInTheVillage wrote:
Thanks for doing Judas Priest and Feinstein. Forgotten Realm, the album should be available. Labels don't usually take down their ads until at least a month after release. Their release date is June, and I beleieve the album is available for purchase at this point. The other band sent out a message on Myspace that their EP is now available. It did not say where or how to get it. I have since requested the information, but so far, nothing. Will I have to resubmit these bands when I have additional information, or can I just update the info some how?

Once a band is rejected, it is gone completely.
As for Forgotten Realm, I could not find any distro carrying their album, only an advertisement on myspace. If you have a link for such distro, you can resubmit, if not, then you will have to wait.

There is also a difference between preordering and the actual release date.

BackInTheVillage
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:47 pm 

You would think these labels trying to sell the albums they release would at least come up with a release date, but these days, you have to be happy if they give you a release month and nothing more. These labels should really get on top of things.

Reply to topic