Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
freemindrecords
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:12 pm 

People, again, Maithungh was rejected.

I sent all information needed, please, I ask some attention on this case.

www.myspace.com/maithunghdeath

A great Death Metal band that you are rejecting without being fair.

www.freemindmedia.net

Witcher
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:15 pm 

freemindrecords wrote:
People, again, Maithungh was rejected.

I sent all information needed, please, I ask some attention on this case.

www.myspace.com/maithunghdeath

A great Death Metal band that you are rejecting without being fair.

www.freemindmedia.net

You were not able to prove, that they have a physical release out.

They have no release on your label out yet.

Computer generated cover or an update on myspace page saying we have a demo is not enough.

freemindrecords
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:21 pm 

Quote:

Computer generated cover or an update on myspace page saying we have a demo is not enough.

So what would can I do?
Take a picture of the CD? Please, let me know...

Thanx fo the answer.

Witcher
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:25 pm 

freemindrecords wrote:
Quote:

So what would can I do?
Take a picture of the CD? Please, let me know...

Thanx fo the answer.

Yes, a picture showing the whole release would be good.

sofeshue
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:46 pm 

Side project of the black metal band Heartless (Chn), the depressive folk band Vergissmeinnicht from China was rejected because the label Pest Productions is not worldwide distributive. I am a little confused with the terms; what makes a label "worldwide distributive"? Pest Productions is one of the most extrovert label in China, along with Funeral Moonlight. You can order DIRECTLY abroad from the label, which is impossible for other main labels in China. In China, most metal albums were never sold at music shops. I have to buy them on web shops or get a copy from the bands. I think Pest Prod is worldwide distributive. Anyone could give me a more explicit explanation? Thanx.

SitraAhra
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:07 pm 

sofeshue wrote:
Side project of the black metal band Heartless (Chn), the depressive folk band Vergissmeinnicht from China was rejected because the label Pest Productions is not worldwide distributive. I am a little confused with the terms; what makes a label "worldwide distributive"? Pest Productions is one of the most extrovert label in China, along with Funeral Moonlight. You can order DIRECTLY abroad from the label, which is impossible for other main labels in China. In China, most metal albums were never sold at music shops. I have to buy them on web shops or get a copy from the bands. I think Pest Prod is worldwide distributive. Anyone could give me a more explicit explanation? Thanx.

WW,distribution means that label can sell releases in all countries (Big Music stores,but not mailorder/underground scale).For example I live in Lithuania and if I want to buy HEATRLESS its impossibe to find this release here,but I can easily buy PAIN(Swe)(This band is also here as Side Project rule) in local music store.

sofeshue
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:08 pm 

SitraAhra wrote:

WW,distribution means that label can sell releases in all countries (Big Music stores,but not mailorder/underground scale).For example I live in Lithuania and if I want to buy HEATRLESS its impossibe to find this release here,but I can easily buy PAIN(Swe)(This band is also here as Side Project rule) in local music store.

I see. OK in China it is a completely different case. You can hardly find any metal albums in large music stores. I bought all my albums in web shops, no exeption. I live in Nanjing city. Once I want to buy Ressuretion's - a local black metal band - new album, but I ran through every corner of the city and could not find a shop selling it! So I had to order it online.

SupremeAbstract
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:52 pm 

A more accurate usage of worldwide distribution would be any item that is avaliable for purchase any almost every country, be it online or in shops.

For example, Relapse and Metal Blade are worldwide distributors, while NoEvaDia and Northern Heritage are not. Other labels, like The End Records and Peaceville, are debatable.

I think, however, that there should be an exception made for countries that ban such music.
www.rustyaxerecords.com

rexxz
Where's your band?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:46 pm 

sofeshue wrote:

I see. OK in China it is a completely different case. You can hardly find any metal albums in large music stores. I bought all my albums in web shops, no exeption. I live in Nanjing city. Once I want to buy Ressuretion's - a local black metal band - new album, but I ran through every corner of the city and could not find a shop selling it! So I had to order it online.

Online shops count for worldwide distribution (as long as they actually do distribute worldwide).

Witcher
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:45 am 

rexxz wrote:
sofeshue wrote:

Online shops count for worldwide distribution (as long as they actually do distribute worldwide).

No, the label has to have direct worldwide distribution in stone shops, otherwise the rule would become obsolete. I would also mean, that side project released independently and sold online would have to be accepted.
By ordering in online shop, I will get for example Order of Nine Cd as an American import, since Nightmare Records do not have direct distribution here, neither they do in Germany.
As for example Moonfog have direct distribution in Europe.

Supreme Abstract is right, except for the exceptions - there is no need for exceptions for NOT-METAL side projects.

Genuinely metal bands from China, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain etc. need a physical release of any kind in order to get accepted, it does not have to be released on a label.

sickman_inc
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:23 am 

I recieved this email notification that my band is rejected...not metal enough....plz listen to it at "www.myspace.com/sickmaninc"...n then say the same...thanx!!

Witcher
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:28 am 

sickman_inc wrote:
I recieved this email notification that my band is rejected...not metal enough....plz listen to it at "www.myspace.com/sickmaninc"...n then say the same...thanx!!

Your band has no physical releases, so it would be rejected in any case.
And as the music goes, I will say the same - industrial rock/nu-metal, unacceptable.
You should read the rules, before you submit something.

Influences:Nine Inch Nails, Fear Factory, KMFDM, Pitchshifter, Deftones....

sickman_inc
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:49 am 

Hey there....Witcher...thanx 4 d reply...but i seen some indian bands in ur achive with no physical releases...amogh symphony for one...or ones with independent releases...i tell u thr's not one indian metal band under a commercial label....or even an indie label....save for demonic resurrection and kryptos...they have their own little label under which they distribute... :-)....might as well start my own label!!

And as for the music....it's a matter of personal opinion and convention...really subjective...without sounding boastful, no one has really agreed on the categorization of my music...but one thing they all agree on is........its METAL!!

Witcher
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:26 am 

sickman_inc wrote:
Hey there....Witcher...thanx 4 d reply...but i seen some indian bands in ur achive with no physical releases...amogh symphony for one...or ones with independent releases...i tell u thr's not one indian metal band under a commercial label....or even an indie label....save for demonic resurrection and kryptos...they have their own little label under which they distribute... :-)....might as well start my own label!!

And as for the music....it's a matter of personal opinion and convention...really subjective...without sounding boastful, no one has really agreed on the categorization of my music...but one thing they all agree on is........its METAL!!

No, it is not metal, it is nu-metal which does not belong. I think I made myself clear. It will not be accepted. Case closed.
Rules are clear on that.
Nobody except for mallcore fans would call it metal.

Physical release are Cd, Lp, Dvd, tape, or CD-r. I could be self- released, but it has to be in such physical form.
But even with such release, your band would be rejected because it is not metal.
Deftones are not metal, Nine Inch Nails, KFDM are not metal, Pitchshifter were metal only at the beginning and your music is not metal either.

sickman_inc
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:30 am 

You'd do better to listen to d music rather than gazing over d influences...n opening ur mind to music....
Or why music?? let it b broader even.....art!! instead of segregation n segregation...art to music to metal to black metal to nordic black to ad infinitum....no personal offence...but i hold my ground when its comes to music i created thru back-breaking years...i dont want my music to be featuring on this site...not anymore...just want u to open ur mind...n make d world a better place... :-)

mentalselfmutilation
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:27 pm 

My last submission for the band From the Shadows was rejected due to apparent lack of discography. Below are pictures of two pro CD-R releases from this year. The first being an official promo given out during shows, and the most recent a radio promo also being given out with some new material. The former being the first two images, and the latter being the final image.

Hopefully this will resolve the question regarding a lack of apparent discography and I can resubmit the band.

Witcher
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:30 pm 

Yes, resubmit.

NorseDave
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:08 pm 

Hi guys, what about this band: http://www.myspace.com/thanatologist

I'm in trouble with them, is their Grindcore enough Metal? I have their split with Entropic Degrade Behind Phylogeny (a Noisecore band) and the Thanatologist tracks are as the tracks on their Myspace. In my opinion they could be accepted, they play a Carcass-ish Death/Grind, but i want to be sure before submitting them.

freemindrecords
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:23 pm 

Here follows the pics from their first PROMO:

http://www.freemindrecords.com.br/myspace/fotocapa.jpg

http://www.freemindrecords.com.br/myspa ... dentro.jpg

Sorry, I dont Know how to insert a link in the message.

Witcher
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:54 pm 

O.K., resubmit.

FrigidGround
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:38 pm 

Hey, I submitted the band Lake of Blood yesterday, which was rejected, because apparently they have no discography. I sort of understood because their debut album came out today. So I tried again today, and got rejected again.

Proof they have a release:

http://milkweedrecords.com/

Thiago211
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:08 am 

www.myspace.com/balatonizer
www.myspace.com/deathmetalgenocidex
www.myspace.com/abnormality

Amogh Symphony released their debut CD in 2005 under Kollosal(UK)...though they havent released their full length album yet.. i still have a copy in my collections...i fucking love this band...

Please check out balatonizer,genocide x and abnormality...brilliant bands...

Thiago211
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:15 am 

sorry

its www.myspace.com/abnormality06

brilliant fucking band!!!

Witcher
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:33 am 

Thiago, this thread has an entirely different purpose than band recommendations.

Vaark
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:28 pm 

Once again...

Kruor Noctis is real, has a physical demo, what more info do you want?

TheGrimWombat
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:55 pm 

Your word isn't enough.

You need to provide music samples as well as links to distro, a review, or a picture of the entire release.

ralfman
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:41 am 

Hi

I've got this band "Kradiolina Nicotine" rejected today .I really think it's unfair. They were compared to Mr.Bungle but much more on the Metal side. Its hard to tell exacly what how to label them but the people to whom i've been talking to , all clearly label them first as Metal , some even invoke "from enslavement to obliteration" from Napalm Death as an comparison.
Please listen to it.

Cheers

http://portugalunderground.blogspot.com ... Kradiolina

Selling:
https://www.metal-archives.com/board/vi ... 9&t=119265

Witcher
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:46 am 

ralfman wrote:
Hi

I've got this band "Kradiolina Nicotine" rejected today .I really think it's unfair. They were compared to Mr.Bungle but much more on the Metal side. Its hard to tell exacly what how to label them but the people to whom i've been talking to , all clearly label them first as Metal , some even invoke "from enslavement to obliteration" from Napalm Death as an comparison.
Please listen to it.

Cheers

http://portugalunderground.blogspot.com ... Kradiolina

It is not unfair, since this is some strange mix of experimental hardcore/grindcore and alternative rock.
It does not sound like thrash, death or death/grind or any of the harsher styles.
Mr. Bungle comparison is not the best way to get a band here, since they are quite diverse in style and borderline themselves.
Napalm Death would also qualify only for certain albums, if something would sound like harmony Corruption, it would be different.

Besides that, the only thing it has in common with Napalm Death are grindcore parts.

Vaark
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:14 pm 

I've re-added Kruor Noctis with a picture of the demo.

We are definately metal enough.

Witcher
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:18 pm 

Vaark wrote:
I've re-added Kruor Noctis with a picture of the demo.

We are definitely metal enough.

This was just a computer generated cover, nothing convincing or a valid proof of PHYSICAL release. You have been already told what to do, if you do not want to understand, your bad.

http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/2346 ... of15uv.jpg

anathematized_one
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:25 pm 

Can somebody read through this very short thread and give me a real answer here...

Especially read the very end of the thread. It's only one page long.

http://www.metal-archives.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=40565

triggerhappy wrote:
anathematized_one, have you ever made a post less than 20 lines long?

anathematized_one
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:28 pm 

anathematized_one wrote:
Can somebody read through this very short thread and give me a real answer here...

Especially read the very end of the thread. It's only one page long.

http://www.metal-archives.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=40565

And don't just say, "they had a reason" because that's horse shit. I followed the guidelines above and beyond what they call for and still got denials.

triggerhappy wrote:

rexxz
Where's your band?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:29 pm 

The thing is, you can say all you want that you followed the guidelines. We do not know that.

You know how many users come in here complaining about a submission being rejected and they claim to have followed the rules when they actually haven't? quite a lot.

anathematized_one
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:31 pm 

rexxz wrote:
The thing is, you can say all you want that you followed the guidelines. We do not know that.

You know how many users come in here complaining about a submission being rejected and they claim to have followed the rules when they actually haven't? quite a lot.

If you read my profile, and look at the bands I submitted that did get accepted, you can clearly see that I'm not a n00b who doesn't know what he's doing.

Profile: http://www.metal-archives.com/userprofile.php?user=anathematized_one

So for the sake of argument, assume that I did follow the guidelines as I said.

triggerhappy wrote:

Last edited by anathematized_one on Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rexxz
Where's your band?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:32 pm 

That's your problem. We don't operate under assumptions here. So for the sake of the argument I'll do no such thing.

Witcher
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:27 am 

rexxz wrote:
That's your problem. We don't operate under assumptions here. So for the sake of the argument I'll do no such thing.

Indeed.

Jenovah were deleted, for having no physical release. They were accepted by mistake, but if you tried to submit them, then you have demostrated, that you do not understand our rules.

"I also tried to submit Jenovah, when it released "Post Mortem" - which is only a VIRTUAL release, and wasn't actually released on CD. They got denied, because virtual download releases don't count - and that is understandable, but I see now that they've been accepted."

anathematized_one
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:55 am 

Witcher wrote:
rexxz wrote:

Indeed.

Jenovah were deleted, for having no physical release. They were accepted by mistake, but if you tried to submit them, then you have demostrated, that you do not understand our rules.

"I also tried to submit Jenovah, when it released "Post Mortem" - which is only a VIRTUAL release, and wasn't actually released on CD. They got denied, because virtual download releases don't count - and that is understandable, but I see now that they've been accepted."

That was before I knew virtual releases didn't count.

triggerhappy wrote:

Witcher
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:04 am 

anathematized_one wrote:
Witcher wrote:
rexxz wrote:

Indeed.

That is the problem, our written rules are quite specific on that.
There is no reason to assume, that you understood or knew them in detail back then.

By newer bands with myspace, you also have to prove convincingly, that the demo was released in physical form, by linking for example to shops/distros that carry it, to trustful reviews who mention that the release is physical or by scan of the whole CD or tape with indentifiable distinct cover.
You can say that you have done enough foirst when you have done alll that.

Amyway, do not ask here about past submissions, which nobody remembers anything about.

When your band gets rejected in the future, you can ask like anybody else, but remember what I told you about sufficient proof for recent/myspace bands.

anathematized_one
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:22 am 

Witcher wrote:
anathematized_one wrote:
Witcher wrote:
rexxz wrote:

Indeed.

That is the problem, our written rules are quite specific on that.
There is no reason to assume, that you understood or knew them in detail back then.

By newer bands with myspace, you also have to prove convincingly, that the demo was released in physical form, by linking for example to shops/distros that carry it, to trustful reviews who mention that the release is physical or by scan of the whole CD or tape with indentifiable distinct cover.
You can say that you have done enough foirst when you have done alll that.

Amyway, do not ask here about past submissions, which nobody remembers anything about.

When your band gets rejected in the future, you can ask like anybody else, but remember what I told you about sufficient proof for recent/myspace bands.

So then what counts as a real, solid demo. Like, I could show proof that the band has it for sale from themselves. But most bands starting out can't afford to get actual real printed album art. What if their $5 demo is a CD-r in a slim-case with a printed out logo on standard printer paper insert? Is that any different than say a tape release, which is exactly the same thing? Like, that counts as an identifiable distinct cover right, even if the CD is just a regular Wal-Mart MEMOREX CD-r?

I don't add bands that just appear on MySpace. I only add them if they play shows (that is if it is a full band) and have a demo for sale that I can physically obtain myself.

triggerhappy wrote:

SupremeAbstract
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:44 am 

That is exactly how I submitted my band, along with a link to the demo. These are the very same pictures I submitted.

Notice the white CD-r and the slim jewel case and the standard one piece of printed card stock.
www.rustyaxerecords.com

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 208  Next