Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
ordoabchao
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:55 pm 

I have noticed on a few band pages (especially black metal) that the Additional Notes sections are plagued with colorful "kvlt" lingo. While I am pretty sure that this is acceptable in other places, like when a fan that is complementing a band on their outstanding usage of evil imagery or great song output in a letter or message to other people, it seems really out of place on the archives. It seems more like these phrases like "bestial horde" and calling songs "Blasphemies", although maybe correct on an artistic level, belong in reviews rather than to describe a bands formation.

To see more of what I mean, Sargatanas (Mex) are a good example of one that I have found more recently.

I am not really against these "descriptive phrases" per say, but they do look a bit atrocious on a place as well put together as MA.

What I want to know is simply what to do with them? Should I not waste my time with such small nitpick reports just cause I don't like them? Should we take the writing, exclude these things, and report with the newer draft (which seems the best option instead of deleting all of something that someone took the time to write)? I am curious to know the mods position on this.

Evenfiel
Heavy Metal Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:10 pm 

Unless you're willing to report a newer draft, just wait until you're a veteran to fix them.

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:40 pm 

Disagree, these notes are non-neutral and violate the rules. Better remove them than keep them.

antzology
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:20 pm 

Was there a description of the music that was positive/negative or something?

Also, a veteran might want to change "Sargatanas as also participed" to "Sargatanas has also participed"... It doesn't really warrant a report.

MMisantropo
Magnificient Degluter of Yummy Ants

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:09 pm 

It was something among the lines of "This horde unleashed their second blasphemic Opus in 2002...".

TheGrimWombat
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:16 pm 

antzology wrote:
Also, a veteran might want to change "Sargatanas as also participed" to "Sargatanas has also participed"... It doesn't really warrant a report.

Done.

Reply to topic