Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Imperium_X
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 10:27 pm 

I was thinking, what if we have a forum or sub-forum for all the "(Genre) recommendation threads"?
There have been a lot in the Metal section, like "Black metal help thread", "Doom Metal", death, thrash, power...etc, and if there was a sub forum where people could go and ask questions, it would
  • Organize the threads
  • Keep recommendations to one area
  • remove a lot of threads that have been repeated in the Metal section

I know there are loopholes, like someone will probably post something dumb in the wrong place anyways, or someone will ask something already recommended. Nonetheless this is probably done countless times, and it would create a place where people could go and ask for help. At times it seems like half the forum is recommendation threads.

If I were personally to do it, I would make the big threads like black/power/whatever threads stickied and have the rest be threads beneath it.

As usual: The site is run really well in my opinion. This is just a suggestion; not a "do this now pl0x" kind of request. The site has been running fine for eternity, so naturally the administrators know what they are doing. Just throwing this out into the sea, and 'see' what comes of it :lol:
(Yes that was a bad pun).

Xeogred
Thunderbolt from Hell

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 10:59 pm 

I dunno. Chances are eventually people in those threads are going to be ignored the bigger the topics get. I think it went a little overboard with all the genres too. I'd prefer the same old way it's been: people just make their own threads and those smart enough to give a good description of what they want, example bands, etc, should get some replies/good discussion.

Certainly it would be more organized, cleaner you could say. Though that issue hasn't ever really bothered me.

That's me though.

Reply to topic