Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Pag
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:05 pm 

Greetings,

I've recently submitted a certain band that have been rejected twice despite the add of new datas. Still I do not contest this rejection based on the physical proof criteria of a release (btw, CD-R demo never to be re-released "digitally"), but rather wonder if there was a kind of "deadline" for re-submitting it (weeks ? months ?).
As I actually struggle to get some decisive informations (be it pics or reviews) and wouldn't risk the loss of the many valuable elements gathered through my submissions yet, I'd like to know how long this band-file would last in my drafts.

Thanks for contributions,
Pag

tahu157
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:46 pm 

Rejected and draft bands will stay around forever unless you delete them yourself as far as I'm aware.

Erosion of Humanity
I bless the rains down in Africa!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:14 pm 

Yeah dude there's no time limit. Just don't resubmit before you have the proof required otherwise it'll end up getting blacklisted if you keep trying to add it.

Margaret Atwood wrote:
War is what happens when language fails.

Pag
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:39 pm 

Thank You both, I appreciate the feedback. Meanwhile, I will keep searching, keep on s... ahem.

Cheers.

Erosion of Humanity
I bless the rains down in Africa!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:39 pm 

To help you out a bit, was there every any promotional material made or a review done in a magazine? Something like a flyer for a show saying you hand out free demos, a social media post telling people to come and get demos from you guys?

Margaret Atwood wrote:
War is what happens when language fails.

Pag
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:31 pm 

That was not my band, but acquaintances' - it is now split-up. As for promotion, I don't think it went further than the usual local one and news on the band's then-forum. There's of course actual evidence for the band's activities but if compelled to this sole demo, it seems there isn't any webzine reviews neither (which doesn't surprise me as they were quite autarkic).

Some gig flyers are to be found online but none of it ever mentions the release, plus it went sold-out very quickly due to the restricted amount of copies (50 as I recall, never re-printed). Otherwise it's hearable on Youtube now :
Youtube: show

Reply to topic