Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
GrippingBeast
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:55 am 

http://www.myspace.com/njiqahdda
or
http://www.dungeonsdeep.com/music.html to listen

This band was recently rejected for not being metal. The band is actually very much metal. Many of their songs have a sort of Lurker of Chalice feel to them. Yes, they are experimental, but no doubt metal.

Just a couple great examples of their black metal sound is "Blister Within The Hive" and "A Tale Of Ancient Tongue".

Although some of their songs have a very "noise" feel to the vocals, they are just trying to do something that sets them apart from many other BM bands these days.

How their music is described on their page:

"Njiqahdda is Nji Black Metal Art Majik and Njiijn is black noise/ritual ambient percussive."

Haha, I don't have a clue what the whole Nji thing is, but I love it!

ForNaught
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:00 pm 

Please use this thread instead of creating a new one:

Why was band X rejected/deleted?

Witcher
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:03 pm 

GrippingBeast wrote:
http://www.myspace.com/njiqahdda
or
http://www.dungeonsdeep.com/music.html to listen

This band was recently rejected for not being metal. The band is actually very much metal. Many of their songs have a sort of Lurker of Chalice feel to them. Yes, they are experimental, but no doubt metal.

Just a couple great examples of their black metal sound is "Blister Within The Hive" and "A Tale Of Ancient Tongue".

Although some of their songs have a very "noise" feel to the vocals, they are just trying to do something that sets them apart from many other BM bands these days.

How their music is described on their page:

"Njiqahdda is Nji Black Metal Art Majik and Njiijn is black noise/ritual ambient percussive."

Haha, I don't have a clue what the whole Nji thing is, but I love it!

Their music consists of a lot of mellow acoustic parts combined with psychedelic guitar wall of sound in places.
The Blister track is especially mellow - black metal - no way?!!!

A tale has a harsher guitar sound to it, but it is still closer to Sonic Youth or My Bloody Valentine than to any real metal genre.

The is very far removed from any existing metal style.

droneriot
cisgender

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:06 pm 

I think Lurker of Chalice is only on the site for the side-project rule. It doesn't really have much to do with BM.

https://conservativetentacles.bandcamp.com/

GrippingBeast
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:18 pm 

I think I accidently posted a new topic. Sorry about that, I'm not big into forums, sometimes they confuse me. Sorry for posting here. I have moved it to that forum.

I think I have come to realize posting here is pretty much futile, as everyone seems to be very over opinionated when it comes their 'idea' of certain genres.

I'm not trying to argue that they are mellow, maybe they are just a bit too under produced, and their sound doesn't shine through the way it should. But just listen to their mid paced drumming, and the riffing in the middle of "Blue Wintry Days Of Old" when it really starts to rock! Both are just so damn metal, there's no way around it.

And sure, Lurker of Chalice falls into the side project category OK with Leviathan being an obvious BM act, but on Lurker's archive it specifically states Black Metal, which it is. It's different from your run of the mill darkthrone sound, but none the less black metal.

I would really likie this band to get submitted. They deserve it, they are very well put together. Other people should be able to learn more about them if so inclined, and what better place to do it than through the Archives.

Witcher
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:30 pm 

GrippingBeast wrote:
I think I accidently posted a new topic. Sorry about that, I'm not big into forums, sometimes they confuse me. Sorry for posting here.

I think I have come to realize posting here is pretty much futile, as everyone seems to be very over opinionated when it comes their 'idea' of certain genres.

I'm not trying to argue that they are mellow, maybe they are just a bit too under produced, and their sound doesn't shine through the way it should. But just listen to their mid paced drumming, and the riffing in the middle of "Blue Wintry Days Of Old" when it really starts to rock! Both are just so damn metal, there's no way around it.

And sure, Lurker of Chalice falls into the side project category OK with Leviathan being an obvious BM act, but on Lurker's archive it specifically states Black Metal, which it is. It's different from your run of the mill darkthrone sound, but none the less black metal.

I would really likie this band to get submitted. They deserve it, they are very well put together. Other people should be able to learn more about them if so inclined, and what better place to do it than through the Archives.

I have already explained to you why they do not fit. The band needs to have a consequently metal release, both stylewise and songwritingwise and that is definitely not the case here. No faster drum beat will save it.
The riffing is total psychedelic/noise rock, not total metal.

Side projects do not have to be metal, so to argument with them will get you nowhere, it does not matter what is writen on their page- it states black metal/ambient, by the way.

This database is not an advertising service for diverse non-metal projects, it is an informational database of reasonably metal bands.

"They deserve it, they are very well put together. Other people should be able to learn more about them if so inclined, and what better place to do it than through the Archives."

This is an totally absurd argument. A band will be accepted, if it fits our criteria, not just because it fits your personal taste. We are speaking about their metalness here, so how well they were put together is of no importance and not ouf our concern.

droneriot
cisgender

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:34 pm 

Wow, I don't believe it, Lurker of Chalice really is listed as BM here. :shock:

https://conservativetentacles.bandcamp.com/

GrippingBeast
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:41 pm 

Witcher wrote:
GrippingBeast wrote:
I think I accidently posted a new topic. Sorry about that, I'm not big into forums, sometimes they confuse me. Sorry for posting here.

I have already explained to you why they do not fit. The band needs to have a consequently metal release, both stylewise and songwritingwise and that is definitely not the case here. No faster drum beat will save it.
The riffing is total psychedelic/noise rock, not total metal.

Side projects do not have to be metal, so to argument with them will get you nowhere, it does not matter what is writen on their page- it states black metal/ambient, by the way.

This database is not an advertising service for diverse non-metal projects, it is an informational database of reasonably metal bands.

"They deserve it, they are very well put together. Other people should be able to learn more about them if so inclined, and what better place to do it than through the Archives."

This is an totally absurd argument. A band will be accepted, if it fits our criteria, not just because it fits your personal taste. We are speaking about their metalness here, so how well they were put together is of no importance and not ouf our concern.

I wasn't arguing on the about the side project thing, I understand the rules, and I agree with you.

Nothing here has to do with personal taste. I am done arguing, it is ridiculous to waste my time typing this.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.