Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
giakoum
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 6:49 am 

I noticed that some bands are from "macedonia" according to the site. It is really weird though since such a country does not exist. Macedonia is a region of Hellas and certainly not a country. If you mean by that the slavs that claim macedonian-hellenic history as their own the name of the country atm is FYROM but the subject is again under discussion.

Witcher
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 7:17 am 

giakoum wrote:
I noticed that some bands are from "macedonia" according to the site. It is really weird though since such a country does not exist. Macedonia is a region of Hellas and certainly not a country. If you mean by that the slavs that claim macedonian-hellenic history as their own the name of the country atm is FYROM but the subject is again under discussion.

Keep your stupid Greek nationalism out of this site. The majority of UN nations recognize them and it will certainly not be chaged because of your nationalist rant. It was already discussed here.
The historical Macedonia does not exist and its former landscape is now separated between several states including the Yugoslavian Macedonia and Greece.

I laugh at your silly attempt to revive thousand years old glories and i laugh at your attempt to glorify a ruler who has conquered your nation once, which was accompanied by many lost lifes.

The country name is at it appears on the world map, neutral world map, and like the Macedonian people refer to their country, not world map like Greek nationalists would like it to have.
http://www.britannica.com/nations/Macedonia

Do not even attempt it again. If you will continue, I will propose that Greece should be listed as former Turkish province, which would also be historically correct, since people of your kind are pissing me off big time.
In any case, it is up to people in Macedonia, to decide which the name of their country should be.
Lock, please.

Last edited by Witcher on Sun Dec 23, 2007 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Evenfiel
Heavy Metal Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 9:43 am 

Most countries recognize them as Macedonia, and that's the name that will stay. It used to be FYROM, but it was changed to Macedonia back in 2005.

tomcat_ha
Minister of Boiling Water

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 9:47 am 

like anyone living in the balkans are decendants from people who lived there over 2000 years ago.

ForNaught
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 10:31 am 

Further discussion (and whinging, I am sad to say) on this topic can be found here, continued here, and further continued here. I think the final conclusion is very clear.

MushroomStamp
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 10:39 am 

These whiny Greeks are among the most entertaining people in the S&C subforum.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.