Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
WilliamAcerfeltd
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:08 am 

A while ago, I recived about 5 points for no reason, on other occasions I got about 10. Do the moderators on this site sometimes do that because they think the members are good contributors and thus give them more points as a kind of reward?

Thanks for your time.

Evenfiel
Heavy Metal Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:44 am 

Nope, we don't give free points, though I might give more points to someone who has sent a very good report.

Nightgaunt
I'll Swallow Your Soul

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 4:18 pm 

When you see extra points in certain increments, it most likely means that somebody approved an edit of an old review as though it were a brand new review.

I can usually tell an edited review right off the bat because they seem to queue into the very top of the list for me, but this is apparently not the case for some of the other mods.
The bizarre lattices were all around. Sticks and bits of board nailed together in fantastic array. It should've been ridiculous. Instead it seemed oddly sinister--these inexplicable lattices spread through a wilderness bearing little evidence that man had ever passed through...

ogmetal
Veteran of the Psychic Wars

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 5:11 pm 

Nightgaunt wrote:
When you see extra points in certain increments, it most likely means that somebody approved an edit of an old review as though it were a brand new review.

I can usually tell an edited review right off the bat because they seem to queue into the very top of the list for me, but this is apparently not the case for some of the other mods.

No, this is the case. If points were awarded, it's because the mod didn't pay attention and awarded extra points instead of using the drop down.

Star-Gazer
Trust and you'll be trusted

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 6:43 pm 

I have received points for sending a report - at first I thought I had received them in error, but remembered some information I had submitted days prior

Nightgaunt
I'll Swallow Your Soul

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 6:32 pm 

Most valid reports will net you 1 point (poor ones net you nothing, and very poor ones may actually result in point loss) apiece, though I personally don't award multiple points for multiple reports when I think they could've easily been made into a single report. If a chunk of the report queue is handled all at once, you might suddenly find yourself with a dozen new points, or so.
The bizarre lattices were all around. Sticks and bits of board nailed together in fantastic array. It should've been ridiculous. Instead it seemed oddly sinister--these inexplicable lattices spread through a wilderness bearing little evidence that man had ever passed through...

Reply to topic