Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
_ImNachtUndNebel_
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:55 am 

Just to be clear, I read the guidelines, they say "must be metal..or close enough". I read the point about the side-projects, but it may be discussed. Now I think that last Lacrimosa's albums (Inferno up to Lichtgestalt) contains some clearly metal moments, but I didn't want to discuss about the guidelines, only about Lacrimosa's music and I was just trying to understand why you are not considering them metal.
Anyway, it's wasting time. Guidelines say:
"Nobody asks you to completely agree with us. A lot of these decisions could be debated for hours."
I do not agree with the decision to include side-projects (it was sufficient to mention their names) and I do not agree with considering Lacrimosa "gothic rock" or something similar, I was just trying to understand what's your idea of metal, but in the end this is anyway a GREAT site and so it doesn't matter :)

Witcher
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:06 am 

_ImNachtUndNebel_ wrote:
Just to be clear, I read the guidelines, they say "must be metal..or close enough". I read the point about the side-projects, but it may be discussed. Now I think that last Lacrimosa's albums (Inferno up to Lichtgestalt) contains some clearly metal moments, but I didn't want to discuss about the guidelines, only about Lacrimosa's music and I was just trying to understand why you are not considering them metal.
Anyway, it's wasting time. Guidelines say:
"Nobody asks you to completely agree with us. A lot of these decisions could be debated for hours."
I do not agree with the decision to include side-projects (it was sufficient to mention their names) and I do not agree with considering Lacrimosa "gothic rock" or something similar, I was just trying to understand what's your idea of metal, but in the end this is anyway a GREAT site and so it doesn't matter :)

That's nice to hear, but:
1. lacrimosa's music - and music only can be discussed, but in the appropriate thread - see the link:

http://www.metal-archives.com/board/vie ... start=4080

2. It should be obvious, that when a thread is locked, threads on the same or similar topics are not wanted.

For the record, I do not agree with the side project rule too, but you seriously do not expect me to go and delete also all bands that are fitting the current definition of side project with worldwide releases (the original one was much wider, so it was at least partially limited ) against the owners's will.

You can discuss about Lacrimosa music, but at the place I have shown you and with music samples.

Lock now, please.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.