Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 



This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
sigrun
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2007 8:35 pm
Posts: 3
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 1:19 pm 
 

Band Name: Ahulabrum

When i submitted this it says ''not metal,does not belong''

http://www.myspace.com/Ahulabrum

- they have 3 demo tapes and a split cdr out, and they are METAL, black metal to be precise.

Top
 Profile  
Witcher
Metal freak

Joined: Wed Aug 18, 2004 8:27 am
Posts: 6077
Location: Czech Republic
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 1:28 pm 
 

A mistake, interesting...
Wrong thread, but that is no surprise in this case.

The band is pure unstructured NOISE, terrible amateurish noise to be precise and could impress only myspace Boreb warriors, if it had the LLN tag.

The Rendlesham song shows as the only one some few signs of the structure.

Emit listen as musical influence...I only wonder, who buys actually stuff like that, since the demos really exist in physical form.

Top
 Profile  
sigrun
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2007 8:35 pm
Posts: 3
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 1:37 pm 
 

Witcher wrote:
A mistake, interesting...
Wrong thread, but that is no surprise in this case.

The band is pure unstructured NOISE, terrible amateurish noise to be precise and could impress only myspace Boreb warriors, if it had the LLN tag.

The Rendlesham song shows as the only one some few signs of the structure.

Emit listen as musical influence...I only wonder, who buys actually stuff like that, since the demos really exist in physical form.


I own two of their demos, they are black metal with alternative D.I.Y and experimental sounds such as electric interference and radio transmissions, it's not noise. It's experimental black metal, that is what i tagged it when i submitted also the link i added of the distro that sells it has tagged it experimental black metal.

Top
 Profile  
Witcher
Metal freak

Joined: Wed Aug 18, 2004 8:27 am
Posts: 6077
Location: Czech Republic
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 1:44 pm 
 

sigrun wrote:
Witcher wrote:
A mistake, interesting...
Wrong thread, but that is no surprise in this case.

The band is pure unstructured NOISE, terrible amateurish noise to be precise and could impress only myspace Boreb warriors, if it had the LLN tag.

The Rendlesham song shows as the only one some few signs of the structure.

Emit listen as musical influence...I only wonder, who buys actually stuff like that, since the demos really exist in physical form.


I own two of their demos, they are black metal with alternative D.I.Y and experimental sounds such as electric interference and radio transmissions, it's not noise. It's experimental black metal, that is what i tagged it when i submitted also the link i added of the distro that sells it has tagged it experimental black metal.


That may be your opinion, but it will not help you much. The songs have no clear structure, the guitars create unidentifiable noise instead of riffs.
It has nothing to do with metal except that they use guitars to induce this noisy chaos.

How hey tag it does not mean that it will be accepted. Such tags can support your submission, but moderators will make their own opinon on it after listening to the music.

It makes me only wonder:
a) who will buy it, as I have already said
b) why are black metal fans tolerant to crap like this, is it really needed to have the prejudice "black metal equals noise" confirmed in such a harsh way?

Top
 Profile  
JoeCapricorn
Needs to stop pissing off the mods

Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2006 11:36 pm
Posts: 139
Location: United States of America
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 5:18 pm 
 

Witcher wrote:
sigrun wrote:
Witcher wrote:
A mistake, interesting...
Wrong thread, but that is no surprise in this case.

The band is pure unstructured NOISE, terrible amateurish noise to be precise and could impress only myspace Boreb warriors, if it had the LLN tag.

The Rendlesham song shows as the only one some few signs of the structure.

Emit listen as musical influence...I only wonder, who buys actually stuff like that, since the demos really exist in physical form.


I own two of their demos, they are black metal with alternative D.I.Y and experimental sounds such as electric interference and radio transmissions, it's not noise. It's experimental black metal, that is what i tagged it when i submitted also the link i added of the distro that sells it has tagged it experimental black metal.


That may be your opinion, but it will not help you much. The songs have no clear structure, the guitars create unidentifiable noise instead of riffs.
It has nothing to do with metal except that they use guitars to induce this noisy chaos.

How hey tag it does not mean that it will be accepted. Such tags can support your submission, but moderators will make their own opinon on it after listening to the music.

It makes me only wonder:
a) who will buy it, as I have already said
b) why are black metal fans tolerant to crap like this, is it really needed to have the prejudice "black metal equals noise" confirmed in such a harsh way?


On the contrary, tremolo picking and distorted guitars is prevalent and forms the majority of the audio, with noise added on top of it. There are riffs (Dormancy Undone) even if the songs are short and not very complex in structure. I've heard noisier, more distorted, and more unrecognizable forms of black metal.

Although if there was someone who could give a much better opinion than I, that'd be Christkiller.
_________________
Burzum36 wrote:
Christian Black Metal...........HAHAHAHAHAHA

Top
 Profile  
Witcher
Metal freak

Joined: Wed Aug 18, 2004 8:27 am
Posts: 6077
Location: Czech Republic
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 5:33 pm 
 

JoeCapricorn wrote:
Witcher wrote:
sigrun wrote:
Witcher wrote:
A mistake, interesting...
Wrong thread, but that is no surprise in this case.

The band is pure unstructured NOISE, terrible amateurish noise to be precise and could impress only myspace Boreb warriors, if it had the LLN tag.

The Rendlesham song shows as the only one some few signs of the structure.

Emit listen as musical influence...I only wonder, who buys actually stuff like that, since the demos really exist in physical form.


I own two of their demos, they are black metal with alternative D.I.Y and experimental sounds such as electric interference and radio transmissions, it's not noise. It's experimental black metal, that is what i tagged it when i submitted also the link i added of the distro that sells it has tagged it experimental black metal.


That may be your opinion, but it will not help you much. The songs have no clear structure, the guitars create unidentifiable noise instead of riffs.
It has nothing to do with metal except that they use guitars to induce this noisy chaos.

How hey tag it does not mean that it will be accepted. Such tags can support your submission, but moderators will make their own opinon on it after listening to the music.

It makes me only wonder:
a) who will buy it, as I have already said
b) why are black metal fans tolerant to crap like this, is it really needed to have the prejudice "black metal equals noise" confirmed in such a harsh way?


On the contrary, tremolo picking and distorted guitars is prevalent and forms the majority of the audio, with noise added on top of it. There are riffs (Dormancy Undone) even if the songs are short and not very complex in structure. I've heard noisier, more distorted, and more unrecognizable forms of black metal.

Although if there was someone who could give a much better opinion than I, that'd be Christkiller.


Distorted guitars are really prevalent in all songs, but what they create is only and idustrial effect with most of the structure completely unrecognizable- some riffing is present only in Rendlesham.

Some industrial - not industrial metal - bands are using the guitars in that way.
If the majority of at least one demo was in the vein of the song I have mentioned, it could be reconsidered, but nothing as of now indicates that.

To top of it, there is the Emit influence, a band which was nominated for deletion several times already.

The problematical band Myself has much more clear song structures than that, at least on some releases.

Top
 Profile  
oneyoudontknow
Cum insantientibus furere necesse est.

Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 6:25 pm
Posts: 5295
Location: Germany
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 5:39 pm 
 

I had written a report on the band, but it was nuked before I would could submit it. Must have been a week or so ago. I will give the band a try tomorrow.
_________________

September 2013:
the 23rd edition of my magazine has been released:
https://archive.org/details/ADeadSpotOfLightNumber23

Analysis of band names:
http://www.metal-archives.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=103987

Top
 Profile  
Caliginosity
Philosopher of Metal

Joined: Tue May 15, 2007 5:29 pm
Posts: 258
Location: United States
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:42 pm 
 

Witcher made the right choice, not metal; does not belong. Mostly noise, seems made up right on the spot

Top
 Profile  
Lord_Sauron
Metalhead

Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:47 am
Posts: 455
Location: Croatia
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:37 am 
 

I heard them. They are more than 50% metal.

Top
 Profile  
Witcher
Metal freak

Joined: Wed Aug 18, 2004 8:27 am
Posts: 6077
Location: Czech Republic
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:52 am 
 

Lord_Sauron wrote:
I heard them. They are more than 50% metal.


It was said that we do not play 50% here, and besides that where did you find that percentage in that pile of noise. The user who asked about that has a history of submitting space ambient, harsh industrial and similar bands and also of a self proclaimed christian indentity white power metalhead, who insults everybody here, and was banned recently. You should better pay attention to your own bands, since you submitted yesterday two soft hard rock bands.


Please, lock.

Top
 Profile  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

Back to the Encyclopaedia Metallum


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group