Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 



Reply to topic  
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
jinx
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Sat May 07, 2005 1:29 pm
Posts: 8
Location: United States
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:21 am 
 

Not sure if this was discussed yet, any plans to make metal archives mobile phone friendly?

Obviously, I'm not gonna know 50,000 bands off the top of my head. It'll be super convenient, say... if I'm in a record store and I see a band or album that looks interesting, and want to find more information about it.

Thanks!

Top
 Profile  
PiotrB
Metalhead

Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2005 8:48 am
Posts: 1886
Location: Poland
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 11:33 am 
 

ask guy in shop about this, in every shop is computer with internet
ask them to find band in Metal Archives :P I do that :)

Top
 Profile  
Evenfiel
Heavy Metal Hunter

Joined: Tue May 27, 2003 9:50 am
Posts: 6144
Location: Brazil
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 12:22 pm 
 

This was already suggested a few times. Maybe in v2...

Top
 Profile  
JoeCapricorn
Needs to stop pissing off the mods

Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2006 11:36 pm
Posts: 139
Location: United States of America
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 1:27 pm 
 

Internet for mobile phones is slowly going to become outdated, so one day it won't be needed anyway, as phones will be powerful enough to do the whole shibang.
_________________
Burzum36 wrote:
Christian Black Metal...........HAHAHAHAHAHA

Top
 Profile  
failsafeman
Digital Dictator

Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2004 8:45 am
Posts: 9506
Location: United States
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 2:06 pm 
 

Until then, do what I do, if you see something that looks good but don't know for sure and don't want to take the chance: scribble it down on your hand, check it out when you get home.

Back when I first started getting serious about metal I used to come home from record stores with the back of my hand covered in names, and sometimes part of my arm, too...needless to say I got some strange looks.
_________________
antonthereaper wrote:
Seriously, why ban me??????? That topic had nothing wrong with it! Theres something wrong with you i can tell you! You're immoral banning of my account! Anyways, i'm creating my own metal arcives.

http://extrememetalencyclopedia.webs.com/

Top
 Profile  
droneriot
RETIRED

Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2004 1:17 pm
Posts: 5237
Location: Germany
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 2:16 pm 
 

failsafeman wrote:
Until then, do what I do, if you see something that looks good but don't know for sure and don't want to take the chance: scribble it down on your hand, check it out when you get home.

Back when I first started getting serious about metal I used to come home from record stores with the back of my hand covered in names, and sometimes part of my arm, too...needless to say I got some strange looks.

If you carry a pen along you might as well have a bit of paper...
_________________
http://www.last.fm/user/droneriot
Join my death/doom group on Last.fm!!
My blog: http://droneriot.blogspot.de/
Alpha Drone at Bandcamp: http://alphadrone.bandcamp.com

Top
 Profile  
PiotrB
Metalhead

Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2005 8:48 am
Posts: 1886
Location: Poland
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 2:27 pm 
 

paper is white
white isn't tr00 :P

Top
 Profile  
Napero
GedankenPanzer

Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2005 4:16 pm
Posts: 8406
Location: Finland
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 2:29 pm 
 

I have been using the MA in record stores for two years already. A normal Nokia Communicator and GPRS works wonders. It may be slow, but with the low graphic content the MA has, it's not a problem.

The phone I'll get next week, with HSDPA and stuff, will make it even pleasurable.
_________________
Chest wounds suck (when properly inflicted).
-Butch-

Top
 Profile  
failsafeman
Digital Dictator

Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2004 8:45 am
Posts: 9506
Location: United States
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 2:57 pm 
 

droneriot wrote:
failsafeman wrote:
Until then, do what I do, if you see something that looks good but don't know for sure and don't want to take the chance: scribble it down on your hand, check it out when you get home.

Back when I first started getting serious about metal I used to come home from record stores with the back of my hand covered in names, and sometimes part of my arm, too...needless to say I got some strange looks.

If you carry a pen along you might as well have a bit of paper...


I did, but the paper would always get messed up in my pocket, or I'd forget about it, or I'd run out, and if I kept it in my backpack then I'd have to pull it out every time I wanted to write something down...using my hand just ended up being more convenient. More handy (hayuck hayuck).

*crickets*
_________________
antonthereaper wrote:
Seriously, why ban me??????? That topic had nothing wrong with it! Theres something wrong with you i can tell you! You're immoral banning of my account! Anyways, i'm creating my own metal arcives.

http://extrememetalencyclopedia.webs.com/

Top
 Profile  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

Back to the Encyclopaedia Metallum


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group