Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
borninblood
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 11:01 am 

I was just wondering if you used a readily available mod to link users on the main site with users on the forums, or did you just apply your own hack to it.

The reason I ask as that I wanted to do something sort of similar with a website I am making at the moment, and I didn't want to have to start from scratch if there is a nice and easy alternative.

Also, I notice that at the moment there is a one way link (only the username is shared) do you ever have any plans to mod the forum or the site so that more information can be gathered from say clicking on a users profile on the forum and see what reviews they have written?

Corimngul
Freddled Gruntbuggly

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 11:25 am 

You can do that. Click Profile and then View profile. What I'd want, however, is to find a user in the archives, get to his/her profile and have a link to the forum profile so I could send a PM.
Because I hate ID 100369. Numbers 19, 29, 39, 49, 59 are incomplete and I hate it!

borninblood
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 5:32 pm 

Corimngul wrote:
You can do that. Click Profile and then View profile. What I'd want, however, is to find a user in the archives, get to his/her profile and have a link to the forum profile so I could send a PM.

So you can - cheers.

I would still like to know if this is a custom hack though or just a mod, and yeah having it link both ways would be pretty awesome.

Reply to topic