Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
dismind
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 4:30 pm 

apologies if this is in the wrong place; i read the stickies and couldn't find the answer to my question.

i've submitted about half a dozen bands in the last 2 or 3 days and none of them are in the queue. they were all definitely metal bands, correct and as complete information as i could give, links, band members, additional info, etc. one of them was a side project of attila from mayhem & oren and steven from sunn (grave temple), the others were a few local bands. i know it takes a long time for the bands to be checked, and i see bands in the queue from april, so my question is; does it take time for them to show up in the queue, or were they rejected outright for a mistake i made? please let me know.

thanks in advance.

PiotrB
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 4:33 pm 

WHY WAS BAND X REJECTED/DELETED?!? (Read here Before Asking)

!!!!!!!!

dismind
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 4:38 pm 

yeah, i read that and stayed well within the guidelines, which is why i don't even understand why the bands i submitted aren't even in the queue after only a few days. the bands i couldn't supply album info for, i gave the myspace sites (which they said was acceptable).

Nightgaunt
I'll Swallow Your Soul

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 4:44 pm 

They were probably rejected (for a variety of possible reasons). Assuming you had notification enabled in your profile, you would've been informed as to why by now, but for the fact that the site's mail system is pitifully unreliable at current. Due to this technical difficulty, asking about the band(s), preferably in the thread mentioned above, is currently your only real recourse. Sorry.
The bizarre lattices were all around. Sticks and bits of board nailed together in fantastic array. It should've been ridiculous. Instead it seemed oddly sinister--these inexplicable lattices spread through a wilderness bearing little evidence that man had ever passed through...

dismind
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 5:00 pm 

no problem. thanks anyways.

Witcher
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 1:13 am 

A lot of these local bands had no links, reviews or proofs, that the demo exists in physical form, that is why I have rejected them. Also pay attention, that you do not submit even bands with famous members, whose album was not released yet. Finally, a couple of songs at myspace is not a demo.
Read the rules and the posts on topic on this forum again, please.
Proof of physical release:
http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/2346 ... of15uv.jpg

The_Philosopher
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 1:34 am 

Explain why my submission was rejected. The band I submitted has 100 printed copies of their demo, have a link to the web site, and there is no way you could mistaken them for being non-metal. The band is Eliminator. If you want a hard copy of the demo just ask...

Witcher
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 1:53 am 

The_Philosopher wrote:
Explain why my submission was rejected. The band I submitted has 100 printed copies of their demo, have a link to the web site, and there is no way you could mistaken them for being non-metal. The band is Eliminator. If you want a hard copy of the demo just ask...

And proof? Link to their songsamples, to a zine review, to a distro, which carries it etc., or the cover scan ?

http://www.metal-archives.com/board/vie ... ected+list

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.