Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Witcher
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 5:29 am 

People, please be more careful, and always better double check, when you submit a band with a three or more years old release. Chances are high, that it will be listed here, since we are at the point, when 90% of older bands, that fit our criteria, are already here. I know that there is a problem with the search, but you have to take the site difficulties into account, and act accordingly.

The number of such submitted bands is very high now and means an increase of useless work for us. So it is always the best to check directly the country overview site - USA, Germany, Belgium etc., before you submit anything.

Example:
http://www.metal-archives.com/browseC.php?c=56

peterott
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 12:49 pm 

Witcher wrote:
People, please be more careful, and always better double check, when you submit a band with a three or more years old release. Chances are high, that it will be listed here, since we are at the point, when 90% of older bands, that fit our criteria, are already here. I know that there is a problem with the search, but you have to take the site difficulties into account, and act accordingly.

The number of such submitted bands is very high now and means an increase of useless work for us. So it is always the best to check directly the country overview site - USA, Germany, Belgium etc., before you submit anything.

Example:
http://www.metal-archives.com/browseC.php?c=56

yeah, I got pointwise a bit punished due to submitting Oberon from Sweden, but how shall I know that they were later called Auberon now, when the search-function is disabled, which would have solved the issue immediately.

I also submitted Dark from Czech Republic without knowing that they were later called Dark Gambarelle and only released their first very first stuff under the "Dark" monicker. I was more than happy to hunt down their first CD after years of searching and was more than surprised to see that they released even more under their new monicker.

So I guess when the real search function/advanced search is fully back, the amount of useless submissions will decrease tremendously.

Witcher
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 2:57 pm 

I have not taken the points away from you, for the record. The bands can be listed as that, according to what has been said on this forum, if they have different releases under different names, but it can get really chaotic and confusing sometimes. Even more, when some of the Gamballe releases are getting pretty far from metal in traditional sense imo).
Info about Dark history is not so hard to find, look at the location :smile:

http://mp3.de/musik/genre/band/080000/161938/1

Reply to topic