Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Rusty_Axe
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 10:44 pm 

I realize this may have been brought up in the "Why was this band rejected/deleted" topic, but fuck if I am looking through 60+ pages to find it! Why on earth are they(Butcher ABC) not on Metal Archives? I understand its Grind/Death but they are more Death Metal than they are Grind! There have been a ton of bands accepted on here who are A LOT less metal than Butcher ABC, I dont get it!

GVOLTT
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 10:56 pm 

I agree with you, at least beginning with their second release Butchered Feast of Being. They are definitely metal with that release. Although Butchered at Birth Day is not on the metal side of goregrind, their sound has evolved with their second release. I'd provide samples of all of the songs on the second release, but, considering it's still readily available, I'm not going to link to it from here.
Here's one sample ("Vice"):
http://www.myspace.com/obliterationrecords
"Bolt Slaughter" is also another song to check out.

Metalich
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 11:01 pm 

Rusty_Axe wrote:
I realize this may have been brought up in the "Why was this band rejected/deleted" topic, but fuck if I am looking through 60+ pages to find it! Why on earth are they(Butcher ABC) not on Metal Archives? I understand its Grind/Death but they are more Death Metal than they are Grind! There have been a ton of bands accepted on here who are A LOT less metal than Butcher ABC, I dont get it!

So you avoided that thread all together?

Just because you don't want to read that entire thread doesn't change the fact that you are required to ask there - that's its purpose. You'll get your answer faster and save space.

Rusty_Axe
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 11:03 pm 

Metalich wrote:
Rusty_Axe wrote:

Just because you don't want to read that entire thread doesn't change the fact that you are required to ask there - that's its purpose. You'll get your answer faster and save space.

I figured it would get answered faster here, posted 10 minutes ago and already got two responses?

GVOLTT
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 11:13 pm 

Rusty_Axe wrote:
Metalich wrote:
Rusty_Axe wrote:

I figured it would get answered faster here, posted 10 minutes ago and already got two responses?

Well, since you already posted a new topic, if a mod decides to answer your question here, then so be it. If a mod says it should have been posted in the above topic and it will be answered it there, then so be it.

P.S. - You could have used the search function at the top of the page and click the "search for all terms" option.

Rusty_Axe
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 11:24 pm 

GVOLTT wrote:
Rusty_Axe wrote:
Metalich wrote:
Rusty_Axe wrote:

Well, since you already posted a new topic, if a mod decides to answer your question here, then so be it. If a mod says it should have been posted in the above topic and it will be answered it there, then so be it.

P.S. - You could have used the search function at the top of the page and click the "search for all terms" option.

Hah! I suppose I should have done that sooner, thanks! I don't know what I was looking for anyways, I could have guessed they would have said it's too much grind...oh well I guess they are right As I Lay Dying and It Dies Today are MUCH more metal than Butcher ABC could ever hope to be!

Witcher
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 2:18 am 

You have to upload an entire album of theirs, which you consider to be metal, as a proof. Your word is not enough in such case.

GVOLTT
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 9:21 am 

Witcher wrote:
You have to upload an entire album of theirs, which you consider to be metal, as a proof. Your word is not enough in such case.

As much as I didn't want to provide a link, here's Butchered Feast of Being:
*link removed, band was accepted*

Last edited by GVOLTT on Mon May 21, 2007 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Witcher
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 10:25 am 

GVOLTT wrote:
Witcher wrote:

As much as I didn't want to provide a link, here's Butchered Feast of Being:
http://rapidshare.com/files/32184890/Bu ... g.zip.html

Now that sounds really like death metal based grind, but wait for opinions from other mods also.

Caliginosity
Philosopher of Metal

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 12:13 am 

I know that Butcher ABC does seem real, and that they have more than likely released atleast a promo. I've seen a few banners of them playing live shows, but i have never been able to find evidence of any releases. I'm kinda surprised they haven't been on here yet, thought maybe someone would find some info on them.

Rusty_Axe
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 4:11 am 

Caliginosity wrote:
I know that Butcher ABC does seem real, and that they have more than likely released atleast a promo. I've seen a few banners of them playing live shows, but i have never been able to find evidence of any releases. I'm kinda surprised they haven't been on here yet, thought maybe someone would find some info on them.

You must not have looked very hard for information on them or their releases hahaha... They released a tape promo in 02 and have released a few splits and MCDs(or is Butchered Feast.. a full length?) since then, seems real! Hahaha - No man I think all the releases, merch, shows, banners and all the shit on them is one big hoax!

Witcher
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 6:01 am 

O.K., you can submit them now, it seems they were blacklisted for their first release, since the album for download is from 2006.
Link to this thread please, in order to avoid deletion.

Reply to topic